Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cordia's Ortiz and Chapman - Is this still alive?
Cordia's Roster

Oumar Keita - Center - 8th
Austin Combs - Guard - Freshman
Ajenee Chisolm - Guard - Sophomore
Zeke Biallas - Forward - Sophomore
Richard Chapman - Forward - Junior
Justin Cornett - Forward - Junior
Felix Frimpong - Guard - Senior
JJ Catchings - Guard - Senior
Fritz Lucien - Forward - Senior
Josh Ortiz - Forward - Senior
Corey Smith - Forward - Senior
Anthony Tagaloa - Guard - Senior
Christen Cunningham - Guard - Senior

So is that 10 out of 13 on the roster that have been recruited by Rhodes?

He will be losing 7 of them to graduation in a few months. Look for 7 new "non-Cordia" names to take their place...:Thumbs:
Huggy_Bear Wrote:Cordia's Roster

Oumar Keita - Center - 8th
Austin Combs - Guard - Freshman
Ajenee Chisolm - Guard - Sophomore
Zeke Biallas - Forward - Sophomore
Richard Chapman - Forward - Junior
Justin Cornett - Forward - Junior
Felix Frimpong - Guard - Senior
JJ Catchings - Guard - Senior
Fritz Lucien - Forward - Senior
Josh Ortiz - Forward - Senior
Corey Smith - Forward - Senior
Anthony Tagaloa - Guard - Senior
Christen Cunningham - Guard - Senior

So is that 10 out of 13 on the roster that have been recruited by Rhodes?

He will be losing 7 of them to graduation in a few months. Look for 7 new "non-Cordia" names to take their place...:Thumbs:

Looks and sounds right to me!! Funny thing is they have had 3 full years to recruit and built BBall program w/ no rules or limitations and they STILL haven't done anything worth talking about. Not to mention they are losing the best players on their team this year to graduation! Most college coaches don't get that amount of time!
Rumor has it that Austin Combs quit the team last night.
2elijah Wrote:Guys, this post is a general reply to the tone and tome of this season's basketball forums. First, allow me to establish my credibility. I have chosen this section because it has been centered on Austin Combs. (1) I am a direct descendant of Danger Nick Combs who settled Lotts Creek in the late 1700's.
Danger's daughter married my 7th generation grandfather, Richard Smith who was one of the first settlers on Troublesome. (2) I played varsity basketball in the 14th region from 1961 to 1965. (3) I am still a fan and have seen a number of games this year and last. I specifically targeted games that included Cordia, Hazard, PCC and Knott. My grandfather was raised on Lit
Carr and my father was raised in Hindman. I watch basketball mainly to see displays of courage during intense competition...now, to the reply.

There are many of you who know the game well enough to carry on debates
about strategy, individual skills and matchups. Some of you seem to know the game well enough to even further delve into the psychological aspects that
influence outcomes. By all means, you guys please dominate the conversation
with said knowledge. By not responding as to who plays or why they play you will be taking a giant step towards returning this message board to its original
purpose which is talkin' Ball. If the rest of the board members will then limit their posts towards further delineation of our knowledgable member's opinions, we will be on our way towards towards celebrating what the 14th
has been about since Carr Creek was runnerup in the Nationals:

Our fans and players know the game. That, my friends is who we are.

I am also a descendent of Danger Nick Combs, looks like we are related lol
Ballers Wrote:Rumor has it that Austin Combs quit the team last night.

Really? Why?
1-3-1-press Wrote:Really? Why?

Don't know, but I can confirm that he quit.
I heard the something. It shouldn't hurt them though. They don't really play him much anyways!
Combs will be playing at KCC next week. Heard KCC would be getting and injunction soon and play him anyway.
If combs did indeed quit, could we see him at PCC next year with his former coach.
If he did indeed leave the team, I think he ends up at Hazard.

After seeing what Rhodes did Tuesday, you cant blame the kid...
Johnny_Ringo Wrote:Combs will be playing at KCC next week. Heard KCC would be getting and injunction soon and play him anyway.

1-3-1-press Wrote:If combs did indeed quit, could we see him at PCC next year with his former coach.

Downtown10 Wrote:If he did indeed leave the team, I think he ends up at Hazard.

After seeing what Rhodes did Tuesday, you cant blame the kid...

:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ballstar Wrote:Looks and sounds right to me!! Funny thing is they have had 3 full years to recruit and built BBall program w/ no rules or limitations and they STILL haven't done anything worth talking about. Not to mention they are losing the best players on their team this year to graduation! Most college coaches don't get that amount of time!
14th Region All A Title and All A State Runner-up...I'd say he has done nothing either....did Coach Combs, Feltner, Honeycutt, Fugate have that kind of success?
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:14th Region All A Title and All A State Runner-up...I'd say he has done nothing either....did Coach Combs, Feltner, Honeycutt, Fugate have that kind of success?

Nope! Nor did they have a team that was 90% made up of kids from all over the world.
They tried and couldn't get anyone to come...I remember Coach Fugate walking the halls at Perry after he was hired at Cordia trying to get guys to come with him and no one did...if your going to have a team at Cordia to compete with Hazard, Knott, and Perry to have to go get players just like they have and that has been what Coach Rhodes has done...nothing different than those other schools.
Willie_Mays_Hayes Wrote:14th Region All A Title and All A State Runner-up...I'd say he has done nothing either....did Coach Combs, Feltner, Honeycutt, Fugate have that kind of success?

I'm sorry but if Honeycutt or Fugate never coached a team with this kind of talent. Give them this kind of talent and they do everybit as good and MORE!!
What I wonder is, who is the broker who runs the pipe line that directs all these kids to Cordia? There has to be some mechanism that helps this process happen. These kids didn't just fall out of the sky and land at Cordia, did they?
Crazy Horse Wrote:I'm sorry but if Honeycutt or Fugate never coached a team with this kind of talent. Give them this kind of talent and they do everybit as good and MORE!!

I agree with that. Seem like everytime Cordia loses tho, it is Rhodes fault. Yeah, I've left the games scratching my head the next morning from Coach Rhodes decisions .It's never maybe the players just didn't execute though. However on this topic I quoted I have to agree with Crazy Horse and flip sides on Rhodes if Honeycutt, Fugate or even Feltner had anywhere near that talent, Cordia wouldn't settle for a 14th regional All A, that would have been already accomplished.
divadawg Wrote:What I wonder is, who is the broker who runs the pipe line that directs all these kids to Cordia? There has to be some mechanism that helps this process happen. These kids didn't just fall out of the sky and land at Cordia, did they?

If I had to guess I'd say it's Brandon Bender! Former louisville cardinal!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote:If I had to guess I'd say it's Brandon Bender! Former louisville cardinal!!!
I would agree with Bender on the Canadians, but the others would figure to be tied in with some AAU program.
Crazy Horse Wrote:I'm sorry but if Honeycutt or Fugate never coached a team with this kind of talent. Give them this kind of talent and they do everybit as good and MORE!!
They tried to get that kind of talent but could NOT get it to come to Cordia...get use to it...as long as Rod is at Cordia...what did Denny do at Breathitt besides lose to Cordia and Honeycutt at Knott...both having the most talent that had been at those schools in a long time and done nothing!

You are talking apples and oranges my friend!! Coaching has ZERO to do w/ any of the so called success your talking about. The only part of coaching Rod has been successful at is recruiting & Highschool coaches aren't allowed to do that. I believe there is 7/8 other coaches in this region that could easily walk through this region w/ what he has. JMO
ballstar Wrote:You are talking apples and oranges my friend!! Coaching has ZERO to do w/ any of the so called success your talking about. The only part of coaching Rod has been successful at is recruiting & Highschool coaches aren't allowed to do that. I believe there is 7/8 other coaches in this region that could easily walk through this region w/ what he has. JMO

Hard to argue that.
Exactly! If Fugate or Honeycutt was coaching this team they would EASILY stand a better shot at winning this region
Those guys wouldn't come in here for Fugate and Honeycutt and I think you know why Ballstar.
Now none of us are saying he can't coach, I know of his coaching abilities. But we do have 7 or 8 other coaches in this region that would win with this team. But I do agree Rhodes is the only coach who can bring in this kind of talent just because of his connections.

Honeycutt always has been underrated, probably the best X's and O's coach in the 1;th region
Its not the X's and O's, its the Jimmies and Joes
The_Rock Wrote:Its not the X's and O's, its the Jimmies and Joes

Says Coach Cal. Big Grin
Just a little fun scenario. Who would be your favorite to win region with these coaching changes. (same team, just different coaches)

KCC-Rhodes
Cordia-Hoskins
Holland-PCC
BB-Hazard
That's a pretty hard choice. My thoughts would be Al and BB.
1-3-1-press Wrote:Just a little fun scenario. Who would be your favorite to win region with these coaching changes. (same team, just different coaches)

KCC-Rhodes
Cordia-Hoskins
Holland-PCC
BB-Hazard

I would go with the following:

1. Holland - PCC
2. Hoskins - Cordia
3. Rhodes - KCC
4. BB - Hazard

I think Holland currently gets the most out of the Hazard team. I don't see BB making more of an impact (actually some less). I think if you add Holland to PCC with their talent, they remain as the best team in the 14th. I think Hoskins could get more out Cordia than what we are currently seeing. With the experience KCC brings to the table, I don't see Knott being less effective (even with Rhodes) than their current position.

Very interesting scenario....