Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia's Ortiz and Chapman - Is this still alive?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
During the call in show last night on WSGS before the Cordia game, there was conversation about Ortiz and Chapman possibly getting eligibility this year. Are they still pursuing this? If so, is it too late in the season to make a positive impact?

Thoughts?

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
I'm pretty sure they played last night.
They did not play last night.
Wow! I didn't catch it on the radio. I guess it's on like Donkey Kong!
KHSAA12 needs to let us know something here.
Haven't heard this to be true yet.
All I know is a thousand people in Frankfort and down here told me they were allowed to play through the injunction yesterday.

They were on the bench last night in sweats.
Let them play
I'll get the OFFICIAL word on this sometime today.

Can't get up with anyone right now but I will try to get the answer straight from the horse's mouth before the end of the day.
I've heard about 5 different stories lol
I'm about to call ole Alice.
The judge is suppose to make a ruling sometime today.
Josh is playing tonight per Twitter, and possibly Chapman
Good to hear
Been listening to the radio and I have heard Ortiz and Chapmams name. Looks like this definitely makes Cordia a lot more dangerous. Gives them the size and strength they have been missing.
Watch out Perry, Knott, and Hazard

:truestory:

:biglmao:
If they can get a court injunction to play what stop another 14th region team get a court injunction to keep them from playing.
jacobcody2 Wrote:If they can get a court injunction to play what stop another 14th region team get a court injunction to keep them from playing.

All the teams in the region can refuse to play them but Cordia would win by forfeit. I say just openly recruit any kid you want to because KHSAA cannot do anything about it. This just proves my point that KHSAA has NO POWER over kids playing! I'm not gonna sit and hate Cordia. They are only doing what the KHSAA is allowing them to do!
I got a question since khsaa don't have no power. let say a team get beat out of district in first game and teams best player enroll in to school that just beat his team out. What would keep him from playing. If khsaa say no all he has do get a court order injunction to allow him to play. I know it is stupid question but I can see somebody trying this in the future.
jacobcody2 Wrote:I got a question since khsaa don't have no power. let say a team get beat out of district in first game and teams best player enroll in to school that just beat his team out. What would keep him from playing. If khsaa say no all he has do get a court order injunction to allow him to play. I know it is stupid question but I can see somebody trying this in the future.

Why not try it!!!! What's the worst that can happen! It's the same thing as what Cordia is doing right now. If Cordia wins the region and goes to sweet 16 and then afterwards the kids get ruled ineligible what happens. NOTHING AT ALL!! They would just go back and take the wins after from them. That's it. Maybe lose a couple of preseason scrimmages the following year but the damage is already done because the season is already over!
ballstar Wrote:Why not try it!!!! What's the worst that can happen! It's the same thing as what Cordia is doing right now. If Cordia wins the region and goes to sweet 16 and then afterwards the kids get ruled ineligible what happens. NOTHING AT ALL!! They would just go back and take the wins after from them. That's it. Maybe lose a couple of preseason scrimmages the following year but the damage is already done because the season is already over!

Does anyone know which court and what judge ruled these 2 eligible ?
Not sure but I think Franklin County!! Coaches are stupid if they don't go openly recruit now!
I basically called this about a month ago.
But was told I had no idea what I was talking about...
I think everyone that knows BBall knows this can happen, the thing I want I see is how the KHSAA responds and what time frame it takes them to respond!! That's the most important thing here. If KHSAA doesn't do something in a timely manner then they have no authority in this state when it comes to the regulation of Highschool sports!! I'm not hating because Cordia is doing what KHSAA is allowing them to do! Lets see the next move KHSAA makes and it should let everyone in this state know what KHSAA can and cannot control.
Look for KHSAA to make a big statement. Injunctions are very dangerous with a junior!

Not hating tho!
ballstar Wrote:I think everyone that knows BBall knows this can happen, the thing I want I see is how the KHSAA responds and what time frame it takes them to respond!! That's the most important thing here. If KHSAA doesn't do something in a timely manner then they have no authority in this state when it comes to the regulation of Highschool sports!! I'm not hating because Cordia is doing what KHSAA is allowing them to do! Lets see the next move KHSAA makes and it should let everyone in this state know what KHSAA can and cannot control.

Umm, the KHSAA did do something. TWICE.

-- Found them ineligible.
-- Heard their appeals. Said they were still ineligible.

Unfortunately for the KHSAA -- or the NCAA (remember when Louisville's Lasege went over the NCAA's head to get cleared by a court; or Penn State getting part of its football punishment overturned by a judge/court) or even the MLB (A-Rod getting injunction to play, which kept him from losing a lot of money) -- a court over-rules EVERYONE.

Even some of the most powerful groups in sports -- from the MLB down to the NCAA and even the KHSAA -- are POWERLESS if someone gets a judge/court to rule in their favor.

Not sure why this is the KHSAA's fault.

“We have received the restraining order issued by the Franklin Circuit Court, and will adhere to its requirements. That said, it is likely not possible for me to disagree more with the findings of the court in its order. While it is inappropriate for this office to discuss the specific circumstances related to the matters of these students due to privacy concerns, we look forward to further judicial review and consideration about this matter. Clearly, situations such as this were intended to be regulated and restricted when the member schools passed the rules governing eligibility, and when those rules were approved by the Kentucky Board of Education and the Kentucky General Assembly. We will vigorously move forward with efforts related to these cases.”

-Julian Tackett
KHSAA Commissioner
The problem I have w/ KHSAA is when Cordia filed the injunction last year for Owatoah an played him the rest of the season you never heard anything. Was he ever ruled on? No he wasn't because the season was over by the time they got to it!!! This situation will be the same way!! It really doesn't matter if they rule on these 2 kids after season is over because the damage will already be done! If they rule Chapman ineligible then he will just leave and go out of state and play!
cksportsfan Wrote:Umm, the KHSAA did do something. TWICE.

-- Found them ineligible.
-- Heard their appeals. Said they were still ineligible.

Unfortunately for the KHSAA -- or the NCAA (remember when Louisville's Lasege went over the NCAA's head to get cleared by a court; or Penn State getting part of its football punishment overturned by a judge/court) or even the MLB (A-Rod getting injunction to play, which kept him from losing a lot of money) -- a court over-rules EVERYONE.

Even some of the most powerful groups in sports -- from the MLB down to the NCAA and even the KHSAA -- are POWERLESS if someone gets a judge/court to rule in their favor.

Not sure why this is the KHSAA's fault.

“We have received the restraining order issued by the Franklin Circuit Court, and will adhere to its requirements. That said, it is likely not possible for me to disagree more with the findings of the court in its order. While it is inappropriate for this office to discuss the specific circumstances related to the matters of these students due to privacy concerns, we look forward to further judicial review and consideration about this matter. Clearly, situations such as this were intended to be regulated and restricted when the member schools passed the rules governing eligibility, and when those rules were approved by the Kentucky Board of Education and the Kentucky General Assembly. We will vigorously move forward with efforts related to these cases.”

-Julian Tackett
KHSAA Commissioner

Ok, just as I have said KHSAA has ZERO control over a player/players if the judge rules in their favor. LET THE SERIOUS RECRUITING BEGIN!!! If I was HHS I would play the 3 kids they have sitting out as well! Nothing can be done about it!! Cordia has just shed some light to Ky Highschool BBall that's its ok to do whatever you want when it comes to building a program!!
There is only one kid from cordia that gets playing time and he won't be getting much now. This is a true AAU team that gets to play in the state tournament. I said a year ago that Rhodes would destroy mountain basketball and he is trying. Every kid playing for Knott was born in knott except one and he was born in pike county and came to Knott because his dad got a job. I would hate to see this team represent the mountains in the state tournament, because they are not a mountain team. I would love to see a cordia team in the state tournament and would support them in every way, but if this team wins I will not be going to the state tournament this year. It would be a joke.
ballstar Wrote:Ok, just as I have said KHSAA has ZERO control over a player/players if the judge rules in their favor. LET THE SERIOUS RECRUITING BEGIN!!! If I was HHS I would play the 3 kids they have sitting out as well! Nothing can be done about it!! Cordia has just shed some light to Ky Highschool BBall that's its ok to do whatever you want when it comes to building a program!!

Using that logic, NO ONE has control.

Not the MLB/NBA/NFL/NHL.

Not the NCAA.

Not the NFHS/KHSAA.

Might has well blame every single sports organization.

Put it this way:

Say you do something to get kicked out of McDonald's. Banned even.

If you go to court and get the court to rule in your favor, what would you expect McDonald's to do?

You don't go against a court order, even if you 100 percent DISAGREE with it.

Not sure why McDonald's would be at fault.

Just like the KHSAA is NOT at fault in this instance.
There is some serious money in Knott and Hazard, we could get some of the best players money can buy, but we like to watch our kids play. Where we need to put our money against this judge who keeps letting this happen. We need to show him some love next election.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5