Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
bear claw Wrote:Look man...if HC has a home playoff game they WILL play it on the new field....they have several options as to where the visiting team can dress.

Good luck to ya. I am not arguing don't really care will see you at the new or old field doesn't matter.
Look, didn't mean that as a smart remark....I have MUCH respect for Bell Co. football.
nice.
bear claw Wrote:Look, didn't mean that as a smart remark....I have MUCH respect for Bell Co. football.

Oh I respect you guys as well just saying everything that I heard will be a great game week 10.
How is parking going to be handled?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:How is parking going to be handled?

I have only been to Harlan Co High School one time but, if I remember correctly they have a huge parking lot and then I believe there is a bridge you can walk across to get to the stadium.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Awesome Stadium!
I think there will be 85 parking slots across the bridge at the stadium...plus the school parking lot and like Bell County, there might have to be some parking on the side of the road if it is a big game.
I know I am a Harlan County faithful but I can't explain how beautiful this place is...not just the stands and the field but the surround is UNBELIEVEABLE!!!!! It is getting closer and closer.
Wow!
Any more news on a possible opening?
I hear that's a really nice field.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any more news on a possible opening?
I heard talk from HC fans that its the Bell Co. game.:lmao:
I know that this doesn't relate to the thread, but we are getting a brand new football complex for next season as well over here in Magoffin County. I don't know any details yet, but the new Superintendant said that will be state of the art. I'm so glad we have a superintendant that actuallys backs and supports the football program.
The announcers on WTUK usually talk about the new staidum before the games...maybe we'll hear something new tonight. I can't wait for the first game at the new field!
I have heard definitely Bell will be the first game there.
C-Swan Wrote:I have heard definitely Bell will be the first game there.

Can anyone confirm this.
C-Swan Wrote:I have heard definitely Bell will be the first game there.
I have heard that people within the football program do not want to play the Bell Co. game on the new field. They would rather wait for the playoffs or next year.
Joker's Wild Wrote:I have heard that people within the football program do not want to play the Bell Co. game on the new field. They would rather wait for the playoffs or next year.

Will just have to wait and see then.
Had a kid from Greenup County out at The old Cawood Football Field and he was making fun of the place and joked about how small the place was. I said let's take a ride to Rosspoint....
Harlans field is nice but it doesnt even compare to Perry Centrals Alexander Field down at Airport Gardens. Now that place is State of the Art.
I fell real bad for the HC fans when people come to play them all they see is the old Cawood field maybe they will open it for the Bell Co. game and get to show the new field off.
The word is Maybe!
The_Rock Wrote:Harlans field is nice but it doesnt even compare to Perry Centrals Alexander Field down at Airport Gardens. Now that place is State of the Art.

Lets see pictures :please:
Airport Gardens
Couldn't resist!

Glad both teams are getting better facilities!!!
Driving home last night from work and they had the lights on and chills ran down my spine!!!
2 new pictures taken today. Blacktopping the parking lot today.
Awesome!
I can remember taking pictures the first day a bulldozer started moving dirt! Same as with the school you can see tons of pictures and drawings but you just can describe the real thing!