Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Harlan County's Coal Miner Memorial Stadium
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
It's Close!!!!!
That is going to rival CAM for best in the mountains. Very Nice.
Very nice!! Congrats on a beautiful stadium.
Beautiful!
love the stadium.
very nice stadium
Any news on when the first game will be for sure?
Very, very nice!
Great looking field and I'm so glad that you're getting a nice scoreboard to match it. I love our field at Johnson County but the scoreboard that we have is embarrassing.
Beautiful stadium, I am sure the HC fans are chomping at the bit to get moved in over there.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Any news on when the first game will be for sure?

Looking like the last game of the regular season....
Patriot Wrote:Looking like the last game of the regular season....

So I guess that you mean the Bell County game.
What a game to open the field with...Bell Co at Harlan Co!!!

IMO even if it is ready early, I'd wait until that game to open it up!!!
I heard first playoff game if it is at home that is.
What better way to open the new field then a Harlan Co. vs. Bell Co. game; the atmosphere would be tremendous.... Maybe WYMT could make it a game of the week or something and televise it!!
If I'm not mistaken my brother's company, Unisign, did the scoreboard and play clocks.
kywildcat2 Wrote:What better way to open the new field then a Harlan Co. vs. Bell Co. game; the atmosphere would be tremendous.... Maybe WYMT could make it a game of the week or something and televise it!!

I've been talking to them trying to get them to start a college gameday type show. There's a nice new bridge going over to the new field I could see them set up on that bridge with the field in the back ground. With the gameday crew sitting there. I've even got the crew figured out!

But I don't think they have the manpower to cover something like that on a regular basis.
I would wait to the Bell Co and Harlan Co game. Just imagine the game alone will be electrifying, now add on the hype of the new field to it.
WYMT should air this game LIVE if it indeed will be the first game on this awesome field. You listening Derek? Wink
Can't wait until its finished
I couldn't think of a better scenario for these Seniors, Get to have Senior night on the new field and get to play their county border rivals Bell Co... Hope all works out!!
Looks good
Would love for them to hold a bowl game and get the top 6 out of the mtns from the year before regardless of their class. Now that would be a great venue to have that or even Wymt come up with this and change venues every year.
bigguy989 Wrote:Would love for them to hold a bowl game and get the top 6 out of the mtns from the year before regardless of their class. Now that would be a great venue to have that or even Wymt come up with this and change venues every year.

The top six out of the Mountains....King of the Mountains Bowl!

It would sure put a top team in the mountains thread to death, or stir it up worse.

Either way I'm all for it!
Looks like a great place to host the SEKC and/or regional track meet
It's going to be great location for football, track and cross country once it's finished.
I would love to see it done for the Whitley game.
IMO, its a bigger game than Bell. District is alway more important.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6