Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central Eagles 2012
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I guess a Paintsville fan knows what it's like to play second fiddle to JC. You cant even begin to compare Ashland's situation with Paintsville. We have to beat the best programs in the state to advance in the playoff's where Paintsville has to beat teams like Raceland,Pikeville,and Hazard.

Compared to school size paintsvilles district is rough. Maybe the roughest in class a. But either way you never answered my question. When was the last time you went anywhere in football?
Tomcat Pride Wrote:I guess a Paintsville fan knows what it's like to play second fiddle to JC. You cant even begin to compare Ashland's situation with Paintsville. We have to beat the best programs in the state to advance in the playoff's where Paintsville has to beat teams like Raceland,Pikeville,and Hazard.

Doesn't Raceland has a history of "wearing Ashland out" in recent years??
Well...since nobody else is honna say it...I guess I will...what the heck is Donnie Ray still doing employed by JCHS???
honestjchsfan Wrote:Ashland had a very good team last year but I have not heard one Ashland fan acknowledge that last years game should have been played at JC, if the district didn't change . Anyone who follows football knows about homefield Advantage. Ashland won the game fair an square but I doubt no team in Histroy has ever went to Ashland and beat them back to back years at their place. So there is no disgrace for a young JC team to go 1-1 the last two years @ Ashland.

Wrong......Raceland beat them 3 years in a row 2006,2007,2008 at Putnam stadium. we have to beat them there. they won't come to Raceland
honestjchsfan Wrote:Ashland had a very good team last year but I have not heard one Ashland fan acknowledge that last years game should have been played at JC, if the district didn't change . Anyone who follows football knows about homefield Advantage. Ashland won the game fair an square but I doubt no team in Histroy has ever went to Ashland and beat them back to back years at their place. So there is no disgrace for a young JC team to go 1-1 the last two years @ Ashland.

Bob Seger Wrote:Doesn't Raceland has a history of "wearing Ashland out" in recent years??

Yes we do......and it's coming again too. and it will be at that historic slum they call a stadium too.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Yes we do......and it's coming again too. and it will be at that historic slum they call a stadium too.

That's what I thought. TomCat Pride sounds like he's about 13 years old, so I guess that explains why he cant remember anything from just a couple of years ago.

Raceland,Pikeville,and Hazard wow. That is 3 good teams you just named with a lot of tradition including Hazard who has done nothing but win for a few years now and just won a state championship. And did you see Pikeville last year,they were good also.
EagleFootballPride Wrote:Well...since nobody else is honna say it...I guess I will...what the heck is Donnie Ray still doing employed by JCHS???

I would say so Jordan will play football there, but I like Donnie so I would hope it was for his coaching.
EagleFootballPride Wrote:Well...since nobody else is honna say it...I guess I will...what the heck is Donnie Ray still doing employed by JCHS???

I would say because of his unmatched baseball knowledge.
If you're rippin' on the Golden Eagles JV coach...you really have no life. Sad.
As an alumni and fan...he is the last person I want wearing black and gold. He has no idea what's inappropriate or how to conduct himself anywhere and everywhere he goes. I got plenty of incidences to give as examples.
There for his son. Screams and ,, beter not go their!!
[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...ral-ky.gif]

[Image: http://www.mghelmets.com/high%20school%2...zer-ky.gif]

A lot of Ashland people talking smack. This is a must see game and I like JC by 21
The game is at JC this year it could get bad for Tomcats
I-RT-24 Iso Wrote:If you're rippin' on the Golden Eagles JV coach...you really have no life. Sad.

Dude if you didn't get it, it was only a joke. Nothing personal at all, only joking.
Hey I-RT-24-Iso If the shoe fits wear it.
Tonight is JC's Black/Gold scrimmage game..... I can't wait to see what we're gonna look like this season.

#ITSALMOSTTIME
Last night's Black/Gold scrimmage went very well.

I'm not going to go into details and I ask any other JC fan that was there last night to do the same. Trust me from prior experience, some things are better left unsaid on discussion boards.

But what I will say is our team looks like a typical Matney team. Next week's scrimmage will be a better measuring stick. One thing I was impressed with was the JC fan base. A couple hundred people sat out in the rain through the middle school scrimmage and the first part of the high school scrimmage and nobody left. And if it hadn't rained the crowd would have benn much bigger.
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Last night's Black/Gold scrimmage went very well.

I'm not going to go into details and I ask any other JC fan that was there last night to do the same. Trust me from prior experience, some things are better left unsaid on discussion boards.

But what I will say is our team looks like a typical Matney team. Next week's scrimmage will be a better measuring stick. One thing I was impressed with was the JC fan base. A couple hundred people sat out in the rain through the middle school scrimmage and the first part of the high school scrimmage and nobody left. And if it hadn't rained the crowd would have benn much bigger.

I guess this means they came out throwing the ball early and often.:biggrin:
sstack Wrote:I guess this means they came out throwing the ball early and often.:biggrin:
5-wide shotgun formation all night....
I think the Johnson Central and Knox Central game will be a great game heard Knox is going to have a very good team this year they will have a new QB this year and heard he looked really good maybe the best they ever had also the Cole kid that played in middle school came out this year he was the one that got his knee hurt at the end of the JC and KC middle school playoff game a couple of years ago.
Anybody know how to get to Bowling Green?
hop24 Wrote:Anybody know how to get to Bowling Green?

Yeah...take 460 and hit the Mt. Parkway. Exit and merge on to I64 W towards Lexington. Take exit 115 and head towards Bluegrass Parkway. Merge on to I65 S and it's a straight shot to Bowling Green. Nice drive.
I think the KNOX and JC game will be as good as the one 2 years ago this is one to watch
hop24 Wrote:Anybody know how to get to Bowling Green?

Beat Highland
Donnie Ray is a joke all I've seen him do is cuse and scream at the boys.I know it has been told to Matney. But is still there so he must not care? He has been run out or asked to leave 2 or 3 schools for the same things. I don't what to hear anybody say he didn't do it. I've heard it myself many times.
Diogenes Wrote:For those who mentioned Trent Davis earlier, he's listed in the Daily Independent this week as a member of Morehead State's incoming recruit place. So looks like he will be playing some college football after all. He was too good a kicker not to find a spot somewhere, if he chose to play collegiately. Congrats to him!

To those of us who know him personally. He is playing soccer for UPike.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
JCfan12 Wrote:Donnie Ray is a joke all I've seen him do is cuse and scream at the boys.I know it has been told to Matney. But is still there so he must not care? He has been run out or asked to leave 2 or 3 schools for the same things. I don't what to hear anybody say he didn't do it. I've heard it myself many times.

I know Donnie Ray pretty well and you have to know him and how he is. Cursing and screaming is how he is and always will be. But I can't say anything about him as a coach. Never been around him as a coach.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
JCfan12 Wrote:Donnie Ray is a joke all I've seen him do is cuse and scream at the boys.I know it has been told to Matney. But is still there so he must not care? He has been run out or asked to leave 2 or 3 schools for the same things. I don't what to hear anybody say he didn't do it. I've heard it myself many times.
I can assure you of one thing he isnt cussing any kid.I promise you it isnt tolerated.So maybe you just haven't been around JC football to witness any kid being cussed at.
Well I knew that I would have somebody come on here saying this dosn't happen here we don't tolerated that. Like I said I've heard it myself. Yes I go to the field every day my son plays and is a starter so don't act like I don.t know what going on with the team? Maybe you don't know or like alot more around here don't care.