Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands: #10 in the Country
mrb5150 Wrote:And the score will be a lot more in favor of the birds your not going to run the ball up the middle all night against the Birds just saying .

I don't know about Boyle Co, as I've not seen them. Cov Cath on the other hand will.
I hope they try it will get ugly fast thats for another time lets focus on this week. I hope Newport gos down and beats the Bobcats tonight I like Rice.
nptb17 Wrote:I don't know about Boyle Co, as I've not seen them. Cov Cath on the other hand will.

This week you stated HHS D was not very good and overrated, Now you are saying CCH will run all night on HHS D. You are starting to sound like a HHS hater and not one who wants to talk subjectively about the games. So what school do you root for, or are we going to hide our allegiance?
birdman44 Wrote:Uh, just because someone defends the kids of his community from hater dorks does not mean their life depends on highlands winning. And yes, highlands is predictable. you can predict that they will blow your doors off. It is inevitable. Inevitable that they win state.

Maybe one day my life will be as cool as yours is. What, are you hang gliding in volcanos and hunting pandas every weekend? I bet you sit on the couch and watch TV tonight, you poser.
:thatsfunn It looks like WideLeft has a friend after all.

Actually, Highlands will not be blowing my doors off because I don't play and I am not one of those fan's who feels the need to claim a team as "mine" to boost my ego. I don't think that I will ever understand what makes trolls like you and WideLeft tick.
It said in the Lexington Herald today that Trinity moved up to #7 in rivals rankings.
i didnt mean literally "your doors", I meant like an other HS football team's doors. I dont know if doors blown off can really capture what the birds did to dixie last night. I am a fan of highlands cause I played there and know a lot of the kids each year. I just didnt pick a team. My life doesnt depend on Highlands winning, it just happens and im a fan. It seems like you just have something against the team, the fans and facts. Its ok, most people do. Turns out people dont like losing.
I do love your Obama image BTWs
birdman44 Wrote:i didnt mean literally "your doors", I meant like an other HS football team's doors. I dont know if doors blown off can really capture what the birds did to dixie last night. I am a fan of highlands cause I played there and know a lot of the kids each year. I just didnt pick a team. My life doesnt depend on Highlands winning, it just happens and im a fan. It seems like you just have something against the team, the fans and facts. Its ok, most people do. Turns out people dont like losing.
I do love your Obama image BTWs
Thank you. I don't hate Highlands football, I just don't like WideLeft's constant string of trash talking threads during the season. In fact, I was one of three posters who predicted the Highlands-Boyle County score on the nose and said that it would not be the best Week 0 game to watch because the game would not be close.

My comments in this thread about Highlands not being able to compete with national football powers with five times their enrollment (or more) was not "hating," it was just stating what is common sense fact to most people.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Thank you. I don't hate Highlands football, I just don't like WideLeft's constant string of trash talking threads during the season. In fact, I was one of three posters who predicted the Highlands-Boyle County score on the nose and said that it would not be the best Week 0 game to watch because the game would not be close.

My comments in this thread about Highlands not being able to compete with national football powers with five times their enrollment (or more) was not "hating," it was just stating what is common sense fact to most people.

yeah, thats realistic for sure. i get a little excited some times.

I do think that highlands "could" play with any team in the nation. In a sense that they play a perfect game and some giant St. Megatron team looks over them. Im a romantic...

I also think Highlands could probably lose to a handful of ky schools besides T if they looked over them in the same way.
birdman44 Wrote:yeah, thats realistic for sure. i get a little excited some times.

I do think that highlands "could" play with any team in the nation. In a sense that they play a perfect game and some giant St. Megatron team looks over them. Im a romantic...

I also think Highlands could probably lose to a handful of ky schools besides T if they looked over them in the same way.
Teams of Highlands' size can and do beat schools with much larger enrollments on occasion but it is very difficult for schools with smaller enrollments to field teams with the same kind of depth that schools like Warren Central, Ben Davis, and the big Cincy powerhouses do.

The point that I was making with my earlier post was that with all else being equal, a school with a huge enrollment edge is normally going to field a deeper and more talented team in most years than a smaller school with the same quality program.

I do think that Kentucky has some great high school coaches, especially in basketball, football, and baseball, which allows Kentucky teams to pull off more than their share of upsets against bigger out of state schools. Obviously, Highlands has one of those coaches.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:Teams of Highlands' size can and do beat schools with much larger enrollments on occasion but it is very difficult for schools with smaller enrollments to field teams with the same kind of depth that schools like Warren Central, Ben Davis, and the big Cincy powerhouses do.

The point that I was making with my earlier post was that with all else being equal, a school with a huge enrollment edge is normally going to field a deeper and more talented team in most years than a smaller school with the same quality program.

I do think that Kentucky has some great high school coaches, especially in basketball, football, and baseball, which allows Kentucky teams to pull off more than their share of upsets against bigger out of state schools. Obviously, Highlands has one of those coaches.

Very true. I think that is why highlands is fun team to be a fan for. We win while outnumbered all the time. and like every other team sometimes we lose to the St. Megatrons of the world. but when we do pull off the crazy games it feels way better than any win the giant schools get.