Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands: #10 in the Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
The Bluebirds jump 57 positions in the USA Today Super 25 and land in the #10 spot!

Trinity is at #4
Wow!!! Two Kentucky teams in the top ten
That's great.
That ranking kind of surprises me, but great to hear.
Got a link? Couldn't find the current rankings anywhere.
LClion4life Wrote:Got a link? Couldn't find the current rankings anywhere.

That's a computer ranking. That will drop next week with them playing Dixie. It goes off of strength of schedule and 100 other things.
Highlands was in the Prep Nation's top 100 and should be in the rival's top 100. They have teams from Boston and Kansas but not Highlands.
Congrats. Football players in Kentucky are becoming better than their basketball counterparts. That's a good thing if we can get UK doing better.
Always good to see Kentucky football teams get more respect.
Go Birds.. Drive for FIVE!
This is laughable. Nothing against Highlands but there is 20 or 30 teams in Fla., Texas, and Calif that would stomp them.
Hard time believing this. Highlands has a nice team, probably top 5 in the state, but in the USA? Not after one somewhat sloppy game.
I was looking at Trinity's profile and how in the heck do they have the second strongest schedule in KY?
I want to know who possibly playa tougher schedule than them.

Also, i wonder if they'll be on tv any this year?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I was looking at Trinity's profile and how in the heck do they have the second strongest schedule in KY?
I want to know who possibly playa tougher schedule than them.

Also, i wonder if they'll be on tv any this year?

Boyle County

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/s...Boys/2011/
hop24 Wrote:This is laughable. Nothing against Highlands but there is 20 or 30 teams in Fla., Texas, and Calif that would stomp them.

Probably could have said that last year as well, but it did not change the fact that the Birds were still ranked at the top!
Stardust Wrote:Boyle County

http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/s...Boys/2011/
Is that relative to the quality of your own team? Because no way head to head that Boyle's schedule is tougher than Trinity's.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Is that relative to the quality of your own team? Because no way head to head that Boyle's schedule is tougher than Trinity's.

I have to believe it is, but I can't find anything that states so. This is also the ranking in-state, so all of the Shamrocks monster games outside of the state would not be included for the Kentucky SOS.
hop24 Wrote:This is laughable. Nothing against Highlands but there is 20 or 30 teams in Fla., Texas, and Calif that would stomp them.

I think the cincinnati area gets zero props compared to the FLA, Cal, and TX teams. I remember 2 years ago Colrain made the defending Top A TX look like fools beatn them by more than 2 touchdowns.

I really dont think that they make kids better in california and florida. There are just some really big schools out there that dominate their area. Just cause they have college-like stadiums and super cool uniforms doesn't mean they are that much better. Lets see your wins!
Stardust Wrote:I have to believe it is, but I can't find anything that states so. This is also the ranking in-state, so all of the Shamrocks monster games outside of the state would not be included for the Kentucky SOS.
Ahh, I see.
birdman44 Wrote:I think the cincinnati area gets zero props compared to the FLA, Cal, and TX teams. I remember 2 years ago Colrain made the defending Top A TX look like fools beatn them by more than 2 touchdowns.

I really dont think that they make kids better in california and florida. There are just some really big schools out there that dominate their area. Just cause they have college-like stadiums and super cool uniforms doesn't mean they are that much better. Lets see your wins!

I have always said that those schools in FL, CA, TX, are like Prep Schools, which are loaded with talent and that talent comes from all over the country. The kids that go to those schools are shipped in from all over the country (similar to Oak Hill Academy in basketball). For those schools, their games are all about showcasing the talent, not so much winning as a team. Don't get me wrong, if they did not win, then the kids would no longer come there. But when you are building dream teams every year, how can you not win.

I've used the argument about who's more impressive in college Basketball UK or a team like Butler. UK will draw the best talent in the country, so you could put anyone in to coach them and win or at least more so than taking a group of kids that hardly anyone knows about and turn that taleneted group into a Final Four contender is much more impressive.

Cincinnati schools are just so much larger than anything in KY that we are used to. It takes a St. X or Trinity to have the numbers to compare to them. But HHS has had their success against teams in Cincinnati that they have no business playing if you only looked at it from equitable size. But HHS has shown year end and year out that they will go to where a good game is at!

What story is more impressive - Trinity being ranked #4 in the country or HHS being ranked #10. Instead, we get the comments from the haters that only want to say that the Birds would get killed by teams from those other states. Well, maybe, but I sure am impressed that the Birds are getting love (and being from Campbell County, I hate them!!!!):biggrin:
I have seen Highlands play and I assure you they are not a national top ten team. If you saw they game on espn yesterday, you would know that too. I have not seen Trinity, but I doubt they are in the top 10 either. Both teams in the Aquinos game and also both in the Hoover game would have beaten Highlands badly. Too much size , speed and strength.
jed Wrote:I have seen Highlands play and I assure you they are not a national top ten team. If you saw they game on espn yesterday, you would know that too. I have not seen Trinity, but I doubt they are in the top 10 either. Both teams in the Aquinos game and also both in the Hoover game would have beaten Highlands badly. Too much size , speed and strength.

South Panola was a bad team period. Like I said that is a computer ranking. Starting out I would have Highlands in the 80 to 90 area.
jed Wrote:I have seen Highlands play and I assure you they are not a national top ten team. If you saw they game on espn yesterday, you would know that too. I have not seen Trinity, but I doubt they are in the top 10 either. Both teams in the Aquinos game and also both in the Hoover game would have beaten Highlands badly. Too much size , speed and strength.

I thought that both of those teams yesterday looked alright at best. just above average speed and size.

The Grass is always greener... everyone always thinks the big bad team from far away is sooo good we could never beat them. Well sir, that is why highlands wins and you don't. HHS doesn't think like that.

it comes down to 11 vs 11 with 15-17 year old kids and hhs discipline is ridiculous. Anything can happen. -Im not saying Highlands is the best team in country, but im saying they can hang with anybody, any high school team. There is a reason why you play the games.

The Trinity scrimmage they played 2s on Oline, their big playmaker WRs sat out and they only ran the ball twice. It was a scrimmage. a real game would be different.

You should have seen the list of hater posts about how hhs could never beat Cin St X. They shut them down when they were No. 2 in the nation. and should have beatn them by much more.
birdman44 Wrote:I thought that both of those teams yesterday looked alright at best. just above average speed and size.

The Grass is always greener... everyone always thinks the big bad team from far away is sooo good we could never beat them. Well sir, that is why highlands wins and you don't. HHS doesn't think like that.

it comes down to 11 vs 11 with 15-17 year old kids and hhs discipline is ridiculous. Anything can happen. -Im not saying Highlands is the best team in country, but im saying they can hang with anybody, any high school team. There is a reason why you play the games.

The Trinity scrimmage they played 2s on Oline, their big playmaker WRs sat out and they only ran the ball twice. It was a scrimmage. a real game would be different.

You should have seen the list of hater posts about how hhs could never beat Cin St X. They shut them down when they were No. 2 in the nation. and should have beatn them by much more.
It all depends on the year. Highlands probably could stay with Hoover and South Panola this year. STA and Pratville would blow the doors off of them as well as anyone else in this state not named Louisville Trinity. The Highlands team from 2009 was a top 15 team nationally.
The computer rankings will get better as the season plays out but I noticed that the USA Today editors did not include either Highlands or Trinity in their Top 25. There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 teams in the nation and time will tell whether Trinity belongs in that list. I am impressed with Trinity's schedule this season and if they run the table, they will definitely deserve a very high ranking.

Warren Central of Indianapolis already has six D1 recruits starting on defense and the Massey ranking does not have the Warriors in the top 25. Warren Central beat Indianapolis Cathedral (0-2) 27-24 this week and Trinity will host Cathedral on September 23rd. That should be a great match-up. Cathedral is a much smaller school than Trinity but it plays a brutal schedule and rarely gets embarrassed in games against much larger schools.

There is no way that Highlands is one of the top 25 football teams in the country and time will tell whether Trinity is.
Is Highlands the team that has Patrick Towles? That is fantastic to see two Kentucky schools in the national top ten!! Do they have a national tournament at some point?
Stardust Wrote:I have to believe it is, but I can't find anything that states so. This is also the ranking in-state, so all of the Shamrocks monster games outside of the state would not be included for the Kentucky SOS.

If KY teams are all thats included id have to say thats possible.
But head to head all 10 games for both teams, it has to be Trinity
birdman44 Wrote:I think the cincinnati area gets zero props compared to the FLA, Cal, and TX teams. I remember 2 years ago Colrain made the defending Top A TX look like fools beatn them by more than 2 touchdowns.

Colrain just beat Cocoa Fl 17-7 and ended there 38 game winning streak. So much again for Fl teams being so much better than Oh teams.
sstack Wrote:Colrain just beat Cocoa Fl 17-7 and ended there 38 game winning streak. So much again for Fl teams being so much better than Oh teams.

More specifically Cincinnati, Columbus and Cleveland. Cleveland used to dominate with the exception of Moeller. Now Cincinnati takes a backseat to no one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5