Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Highlands: #10 in the Country
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
RebelPride12 Wrote:It's definitely an opinion but I would bet every paycheck I receive for the rest of my life that Highlands is most likely not even one of the top 50 teams in the nation let alone top 16. No. Way. Is. Highlands. A. Top. 16. Team. In. The. USA. Not a chance. And like I said, anyone who believes so, your credibility with me is shot.

Again, congrats to Highlands for their ranking but even the most diehard Highlands fans know they are not one of the top 16 teams in the nation. Not a chance in hell. :biglmao:

So why not make a case for the rest of the teams that don't deserve to be in the top 16 and what is your case for them? I could care less about rankings, and since it's all subjective and no way to prove that teams are or are not as good, I don't know why everyone gets so defensive and goes out of their way to say a team is "NOT DESERVING". When that crap starts, it's out of pure jealousy because people can just leave it alone!
Congrats to both teams. You make the real KY football fans proud. Dont worry about the haters opinions.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:agree. Highlands is good. Probably top 4 in the state, but shouldn't be mentioned in national rankings. It was far from a clubbing at Boyle and they were absolutely stuffed, scrimmage or no, by Trinity. If they come out of 4a with another title, it would be considered a success in '11. Towles is a great QB. I think the Highlands passing game is very overrated though. Top 100 maybe, JMO.

This post is my line of thinking.
I just say congrats to the Birds and good luck the rest of the year.

(at least until late November I hope.)
Stardust Wrote:So why not make a case for the rest of the teams that don't deserve to be in the top 16 and what is your case for them? I could care less about rankings, and since it's all subjective and no way to prove that teams are or are not as good, I don't know why everyone gets so defensive and goes out of their way to say a team is "NOT DESERVING". When that crap starts, it's out of pure jealousy because people can just leave it alone!

I can only make a case for what I have seen and if Highlands is one of the top 16 teams in the nation then high school football in general as a whole is in bad shape. As for jealousy, far from it. I have no ill will for Highlands when they aren't playing Boyle County or Bowling Green and I always root for them when they play Ohio teams. I love Boyle County but I'd be the first to let people know if Boyle was deserving of a top 16 in the nation ranking or not. I'd take it all day long(just like I am taking our #2 ranking in the 4A AP poll.....but uhhh....we aren't #2 yet, big guy....maybe not even top 5.....am I jealous of my own school now???????....am I hating on my own school now????) but I'm not stupid.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I can only make a case for what I have seen and if Highlands is one of the top 16 teams in the nation then high school football in general as a whole is in bad shape. As for jealousy, far from it. I have no ill will for Highlands when they aren't playing Boyle County or Bowling Green and I always root for them when they play Ohio teams. I love Boyle County but I'd be the first to let people know if Boyle was deserving of a top 16 in the nation ranking or not. I'd take it all day long(just like I am taking our #2 ranking in the 4A AP poll.....but uhhh....we aren't #2 yet, big guy....maybe not even top 5.....am I jealous of my own school now???????....am I hating on my own school now????) but I'm not stupid.

Have you ever watched the teams from other states or do you just assume they're good? I've seen plenty of them come into Nippert for the Herbstreit. All top nationally ranked teams. They're no better than what's around Cincy. Also, what you say from Highlands at Boyle is not indicative of how good they can play. You will likely find out in November when they come down there and beat your team 63-6. Boyle has had some teams that likely could play with anyone in the past years. This isn't one of those Boyle teams. Like I told a guy earlier "quit hanging from the far off teams sacks". If you saw them in person, you wouldn't be so starry-eyed.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Have you ever watched the teams from other states or do you just assume they're good? I've seen plenty of them come into Nippert for the Herbstreit. All top nationally ranked teams. They're no better than what's around Cincy. Also, what you say from Highlands at Boyle is not indicative of how good they can play. You will likely find out in November when they come down there and beat your team 63-6. Boyle has had some teams that likely could play with anyone in the past years. This isn't one of those Boyle teams. Like I told a guy earlier "quit hanging from the far off teams sacks". If you saw them in person, you wouldn't be so starry-eyed.

Great post and dead-on. The Herbstreit games has brought in those top teams from around the country to play Cincinnati High Schools, the same High Schools that has found their way onto HHS schedules as well.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Have you ever watched the teams from other states or do you just assume they're good? I've seen plenty of them come into Nippert for the Herbstreit. All top nationally ranked teams. They're no better than what's around Cincy. Also, what you say from Highlands at Boyle is not indicative of how good they can play. You will likely find out in November when they come down there and beat your team 63-6. Boyle has had some teams that likely could play with anyone in the past years. This isn't one of those Boyle teams. Like I told a guy earlier "quit hanging from the far off teams sacks". If you saw them in person, you wouldn't be so starry-eyed.
Now I know that football season has really begun. The many inevitable, predictable, and obnoxious posts from a small band of Highlands posters have once again begun to flow. I have a life whose quality does not hinge on the success of my alma mater's high school football team. You should seek such a life for yourself
^ You must have been the waterboy Hoot..... Smile j/k
Stardust Wrote:^ You must have been the waterboy Hoot..... Smile j/k
Close, but I did play a little. :biggrin:

I stand corrected. High school football is mediocre around the country. Trinity must be the best team in the country after beating the #16 team in the country 38-6 before they called the dogs off.

Highlands isn't good enough to beat us 63-6. 35-14 sure. The fact that you only beat THIS Boyle team 35-14 tells me all I need to know about these rankings. 63-6? You need to put the crack pipe away and quit hanging off those Bluebird sacks that you are hanging on. Unless you like that kind of thing. Who am I to judge?
RebelPride12 Wrote:I stand corrected. High school football is mediocre around the country. Trinity must be the best team in the country after beating the #16 team in the country 38-6 before they called the dogs off.

Highlands isn't good enough to beat us 63-6. 35-14 sure. 63-6? You need to put the crack pipe away and quit hanging off those Bluebird sacks that you are hanging on. Unless you like that kind of thing. Who am I to judge?

63-6 would never happen. It would be a playoff game and if the score got out of hand, HHS would take starters out and sub the younger players. However, I do think HHS was sloppy in the first 1 1/2 quarters and can see them putting up 42 points on them if them play like they are capable of playing and I can see them holding Boyle to 0-7 points (Boyle scored on HHS on their first drive and on bad play by HHS backfield, I think the D is going to get much better). Both teams are going to improve from game one, but HHS showed a lot more talent this year,IMO. I still think the match up of Cov Cath and Boyle could potentially be a very exciting game. We will know more about all these teams in the next couple of weeks.
sstack Wrote:63-6 would never happen. It would be a playoff game and if the score got out of hand, HHS would take starters out and sub the younger players. However, I do think HHS was sloppy in the first 1 1/2 quarters and can see them putting up 42 points on them if them play like they are capable of playing and I can see them holding Boyle to 0-7 points (Boyle scored on HHS on their first drive and on bad play by HHS backfield, I think the D is going to get much better). Both teams are going to improve from game one, but HHS showed a lot more talent this year,IMO. I still think the match up of Cov Cath and Boyle could potentially be a very exciting game. We will know more about all these teams in the next couple of weeks.

BC could have scored a couple more TD's as well. Highlands returned an INT for a TD when BC was driving. I do think that Highlands is a better team, but not by a lot. BC could beat them if they played a perfect game.
sstack Wrote:63-6 would never happen. It would be a playoff game and if the score got out of hand, HHS would take starters out and sub the younger players. However, I do think HHS was sloppy in the first 1 1/2 quarters and can see them putting up 42 points on them if them play like they are capable of playing and I can see them holding Boyle to 0-7 points (Boyle scored on HHS on their first drive and on bad play by HHS backfield, I think the D is going to get much better). Both teams are going to improve from game one, but HHS showed a lot more talent this year,IMO. I still think the match up of Cov Cath and Boyle could potentially be a very exciting game. We will know more about all these teams in the next couple of weeks.

I think as of today CovCath is the #2 team in 4A. They seem to have earned that spot, IMO. I look forward to the results of CovCath/Highlands.
Im all for kentucky teams finally getting some respect but to me highlands is a ripoff. I couldn't care less about how good highlands is and i know im not the only one. The only people in those national rankings are the people who get their recruits every year and somehow manage to slip them by their home state high school association. Say what you want about not recruiting but people who arent from highlands or that GENERAL AREA dont really give a crap.
hulkamania Wrote:Im all for kentucky teams finally getting some respect but to me highlands is a ripoff. I couldn't care less about how good highlands is and i know im not the only one. The only people in those national rankings are the people who get their recruits every year and somehow manage to slip them by their home state high school association. Say what you want about not recruiting but people who arent from highlands or that GENERAL AREA dont really give a crap.

You really have no cue!:HitWall:
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:BC could have scored a couple more TD's as well. Highlands returned an INT for a TD when BC was driving. I do think that Highlands is a better team, but not by a lot. BC could beat them if they played a perfect game.

I disagree, after Boyle's first drive, I felt like HHS shut them down. Boyle was not driving, they could not move the ball running and went to the pass and the passing game was bad ( thus the reason for the interception). If the two teams meet again in the playoffs, I really think HHS D will be in top form and hold Boyle to 0-7 points.
sstack Wrote:You really have no cue!:HitWall:

You're absolutely right and I dont care either I just wish I could get on here and see something other than how highlands is god, because people who build programs and watch them evolve deserve more respect than seeing this bull on here on a daily basis.
hulkamania Wrote:You're absolutely right and I dont care either I just wish I could get on here and see something other than how highlands is god, because people who build programs and watch them evolve deserve more respect than seeing this bull on here on a daily basis.

Who is not getting the respect they deserve? HHS fans are very knowledgeable football fans and are quick to give credit where credit is due. So, Highlands built their program, but should not get any respect? You obviously have a hatred for HHS and throw out accusations about something you admit you have no clue about; sounds like you are the one with the daily bull.
Do you think that Highlands is the only team that can improve? I'm sure if Boyle and Highlands were to meet again, Boyle will come out with the same game plan.
sstack Wrote:I disagree, after Boyle's first drive, I felt like HHS shut them down. Boyle was not driving, they could not move the ball running and went to the pass and the passing game was bad ( thus the reason for the interception). If the two teams meet again in the playoffs, I really think HHS D will be in top form and hold Boyle to 0-7 points.

It really does not matter now. Most of us would agree that Highlands is the favorite in 4A, and everyone else is chasing them.
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:agree. Highlands is good. Probably top 4 in the state, but shouldn't be mentioned in national rankings. It was far from a clubbing at Boyle and they were absolutely stuffed, scrimmage or no, by Trinity. If they come out of 4a with another title, it would be considered a success in '11. Towles is a great QB. I think the Highlands passing game is very overrated though. Top 100 maybe, JMO.
:Thumbs: I agree. It should be another banner year for Highlands and it will be an upset if anybody in 4A beats them this season. I see Covington Catholic and possibly Boyle being competitive with the Birds but they are the odds on favorite to take home another state title.
nptb17 Wrote:Do you think that Highlands is the only team that can improve? I'm sure if Boyle and Highlands were to meet again, Boyle will come out with the same game plan.

NO, but just did not see the talent on Boyle's team and you can only improve so much without the talent. I saw much more talent on HHS side, that only needed fine tuning. Boyle's a good team and going to win a lot of games this year, but not at Highlands level this year.
Okay, I'll change my playoff prediction if Highlands plays Boyle. Highlands 56-7.
RebelPride12 Wrote:I think as of today CovCath is the #2 team in 4A. They seem to have earned that spot, IMO. I look forward to the results of CovCath/Highlands.

With wins over Campbell County and Dixie? Boyle IMO would handle Covington Catholic. The sleeper may be Lexington Catholic. I would love to be able to see the Boyle/Lex. Cath. match-up, but who wouldn't.
NCC41 Wrote:With wins over Campbell County and Dixie? Boyle IMO would handle Covington Catholic. The sleeper may be Lexington Catholic. I would love to be able to see the Boyle/Lex. Cath. match-up, but who wouldn't.

I look forward to both LexCath match ups every year. It's funny, CovCath is my sleeper because I knew nothing of them. I have had LexCath as my #3 team in 4A(#87 in the Alexander Super 25 computer rankings) all year/preseason.
I have more respect.for louisville teams than I do highlands because at least they arent on here everyday telling us how good they are even he ones that could beat the mighty bluejays or whatever. Of course maybe there not on here because they dont consider themselves part of the bluegrass or something bu again who cares?
^ Hunh, where did that come from???? Can you call out specific posts????
hulkamania Wrote:I have more respect.for louisville teams than I do highlands because at least they arent on here everyday telling us how good they are even he ones that could beat the mighty bluejays or whatever. Of course maybe there not on here because they dont consider themselves part of the bluegrass or something bu again who cares?

Fair enough. But I have more respect for posters that judge teams based on the level and caliber of play demonstrated on the football field as opposed to judging them based on the posts made by some fans on message boards.
NCC41 Wrote:With wins over Campbell County and Dixie? Boyle IMO would handle Covington Catholic. The sleeper may be Lexington Catholic. I would love to be able to see the Boyle/Lex. Cath. match-up, but who wouldn't.

I too think a Boyle/Lex Cath match up would be good. Lex Cath will pose problems for Boyle with their QB who has a good arm. Boyle looked susceptible to the long/mid range passing game. But, I think Boyle will be able to move the ball on Lex Cath also. Want to see a few more games by both teams before making a pick in this one.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5