•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 2011
Real Badman Wrote:Pike County Bowl is overrated. I wish they'd just stop doing it.
Have you seen the amount of people that attend those games?
The Pike County Bowl is a fantastic concept but I think they need to bring in better competition from border states like WV,VA. or Tenn. so that none of the county teams have to play each other
It's basically a "fundraiser" for the local schools. If it weren't for the PCB.... a few of these schools wouldn't have funds to provide a portion of what the kids need each and every year!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:It's basically a "fundraiser" for the local schools. If it weren't for the PCB.... a few of these schools wouldn't have funds to provide a portion of what the kids need each and every year!

Agreed 100% on this. Imo, this is one of the best plans to have ever come together in this region.
After last season PC should have been put into one of the better games, as Valley should have the year before.
These are all tru statements and the pike county bowl accounts for a lot of revenue for these schools. I think they need to add to it
I have said for years that it stinks seeing the county/local teams facing each other in this event.
I thought this thread was about Pike Central not the Pike co bowl. There is another on for the Bowl.
News from PCC? Chapman staying?
Dungy Wrote:News from PCC? Chapman staying?

Yes he is staying? Where else would he be going?
Would love to see those all orange uniforms P.C.C. had for the PIKE COUNTY BOWL a few years back come back to life for the 2011 P.C.B.
I really think the Hawks are gonna be tough this season. Coach Chapman is staying for sure.
NEWARKCATHOLICFAN Wrote:Would love to see those all orange uniforms P.C.C. had for the PIKE COUNTY BOWL a few years back come back to life for the 2011 P.C.B.

They wore all orange one game last seaon.:Thumbs:
Chapman is not going anywhere. The team is looking good in the weight room. There offense line is benching 300lbs plus . There will be stronger then last year. Should be a good year.
Lordy, if your whole offensive line is benching 300+ then they need to skip high school and join the NFL.
hawkeye Wrote:There offense line is benching 300lbs plus

:yikes:
Real Badman Wrote:Lordy, if your whole offensive line is benching 300+ then they need to skip high school and join the NFL.

I was just stating facts. Really dont care if anyone believes me or not. Just wait and see. They will be ready.:rockon:
Chapman does have a great weight program. I wouldn't say their all benching 300+. I know of a few that are, but not their entire line.
Having a good weight program will eventually make a difference in the program.

phs1986 Wrote:Having a good weight program will eventually make a difference in the program.

I think that is why we have seen such a difference in the program over the past two years.
Coach Chapman isnt going anywhere, and the team just got a little bit better, as Shelby Valley's former head Coach Jeffery Norman, is now an asst. Coach for PCC. The team just got another solid player as Normans son, former Valley QB is transferring to Pike Central as well.
The HAWKATTACK Wrote:Coach Chapman isnt going anywhere, and the team just got a little bit better, as Shelby Valley's former head Coach Jeffery Norman, is now an asst. Coach for PCC. The team just got another solid player as Normans son, former Valley QB is transferring to Pike Central as well.

Had heard a lil' bit of something about this.... only that Norman wanted to go to another school..... Oh well, good luck to him and his son at PCC!

Yeah Zack Norman is enrolling at PIke Central next week from my understanding, Chapman just got Boggs another weapon to get the ball to, I mean seriously how tough are the Hawks going to be ??

Justin Smith 300 Yards Rec.
Wes Pugh 700 Yards Rec.
Robbie Hoskins 500 yards rec.
and now Norman a 500 yard rusher and 800 yards passing at Shelby Valley.
PCC will undoubtedly have a formiddable passing attack this upcoming season. I was very impressed with the Boggs kid. He looked like D1 potential to me last season.

Will they have a talented RB to compliment the passing game?
hawkeye Wrote:Chapman is not going anywhere. The team is looking good in the weight room. There offense line is benching 300lbs plus . There will be stronger then last year. Should be a good year.

If the whole line is benching 300, then apparently he recruiting allegations aren't the only thing they're gonna get in trouble for. Good god, that'd make the Mitchell Report!
The HAWKATTACK Wrote:Coach Chapman isnt going anywhere, and the team just got a little bit better, as Shelby Valley's former head Coach Jeffery Norman, is now an asst. Coach for PCC. The team just got another solid player as Normans son, former Valley QB is transferring to Pike Central as well.

Norman will need to find a new postition because I dont see him taking away Bogg's postion as starting QB. Boggs was very impressive with me last year.
I've seen them both play, Norman isn't in the same league as Boggs. I'm not saying he isn't a very good football player. Trust me John Paul will find a place for him. Players don't decide where they play, coaches do. The best players don't complain about it they just want to WIN!
matman189 Wrote:This is the problem with Eastern Kentucky people. Sweep things under the rug and hope it goes away. It is like the ostrich syndrome, bury your head and let your gluteus maximus show (Hope the last two terms are not over all your heads).
12 affidavits from Floyd Co. and 1 from Pike Co. Vidoes, Pictures what else does the KHSAA need?
Chapman is not God, even though he thinks he is. Pikeville did not want him, matter of fact not too many others wanted him except for, guess who? Pike Co.
If you can not win with what you have then develope what you have and then win.
It is sad that a so-called professional would do what ever it takes to win and the expence of the student\athletes future!

It's crazy that you would post something like this. The pot calling the kettle black. I wish you would go to Chapman's face and share your views. Who wanted you? Let's not go there. What did they need when they were after you? Yes, some would go to any expense to win wouldn't they even if they jeopardized the entire school and you know that. I remember. Get with the program and take care of your own.
Belfry0304 Wrote:If the whole line is benching 300, then apparently he recruiting allegations aren't the only thing they're gonna get in trouble for. Good god, that'd make the Mitchell Report!

The whole line isn't benching 300+. I have talked to some of the guys and there is a few guys benching 300. That is expected though if you work your *** off in the weight room.
300 pound bench pressers in high school is fairly common u dont have to do anything illeagal to bench 300 pounds. Pike Central will be a good solid football team and when u r building a program that is what you look for, progress. This program is on the right track!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next