• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike Co. Central 2011
Put aside all the non sense and rumors about this and that:flush:. How does everyone think they will do in the up coming season?
HawksRule Wrote:Put aside all the non sense and rumors about this and that:flush:. How does everyone think they will do in the up coming season?

Their ceiling is directly limited by the fact Belfry is going to be loaded...

Central's season will be decided by 3 things:

1) Either they have to find an effective running game or they need to abandon the run all together and go 5 wide. Their attempt to run the ball and hope to establish it this year probably hurt them more than it helped them against Belfry and Russell.
2) The development of the DL. Belfry, SC, and Lawrence County will all run the ball and bring a very good OL to the table, if PC does not improve then it could be a long season.
3) Upgrading their schedule. PC has to find a better way to prepare for the District and playoffs, and additionally they need to have help if the district comes down to a tie-breaker again.
If they have the players coming back that they had last season, they should be as good as anyone in the east. Chapman is a good coach and will get the best out of what he has.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

How can you put it aside? You don't know which coaches or players will still be there, after all this mess is sorted out.
mandan Wrote:How can you put it aside? You don't know which coaches or players will still be there, after all this mess is sorted out.

Just imagine you live in a fairytale land none of this stuff had been started. This thread wasn't made to see what people have to say about the rumors that fly just as high as the hawks do. Most of the things being said are not even true so don't believe everything you hear. I made this to see how people think Pike Central will do if you could just drop it, and talk about how you think they will fair out this season. That would be appreciated.
PC wont even go to the playoffs next year.......
For them to not to make the playoffs East Ridge would have to pull off a huge upset, but I just don't see that happening.
We cant tell about Pike Central for 2011 until the investigation is over and the KHSAA announces what there are going to do. Rumors have been running rampent for weeks. The KHSAA publicly has announced nothing. The only thing that we now is that Alan Boggs and Cory Shouse were both reuled ineligible and had to get a court order to allow them play in against Prestonsburg and Russell. But until we know what is going to happen you cant give an indicator into what they can do next yr.
joethegreek Wrote:We cant tell about Pike Central for 2011 until the investigation is over and the KHSAA announces what there are going to do. Rumors have been running rampent for weeks. The KHSAA publicly has announced nothing. The only thing that we now is that Alan Boggs and Cory Shouse were both reuled ineligible and had to get a court order to allow them play in against Prestonsburg and Russell. But until we know what is going to happen you cant give an indicator into what they can do next yr.

The Commissioner of the KHSAA has stated that the KHSAA and Pike Central and/or some of its players are involved in a court battle. Of course it would have to be parents of the players since the players are not 18.

Sounds like the KHSAA is not backing down on its ruling.

Pike Central's 2011 season will be hard to predict until the legal process is finished.
I am not bashing. Iy is hard to have a feel for 2011 until the ruling is announced
Are they going to let Chapman still coach?
Now that the weak schedule Coach Chapman was stuck with when he took over two years ago is gone this team will be better prepared come playoffs in 2011. They will have to replace a few linemen but they have some young talent ready to step up and fill the role. These guys have been in the weight room since the Monday following the loss to Russell and focusing on next season. :rockon:
I believe they will get 4th in the district and beat in the first round of the playoffs. They got third this year and beat in the first round. I don't think they will be worse. They will just have to play LC next year.
Matman Wrote:I believe they will get 4th in the district and beat in the first round of the playoffs. They got third this year and beat in the first round. I don't think they will be worse. They will just have to play LC next year.

What district plays what district in the playoffs?

TheBrahmaBull Wrote:What district plays what district in the playoffs?

I think 8 plays 7 but I am not positive.
Matman Wrote:I think 8 plays 7 but I am not positive.

:Thumbs:

Pike Central will be just find . I think they will be better then they was last season. JMO
pike Central for next year will need to establish a running game and also play better run defense against quality teams. The fullback belly and the counter trap plays hurt them.
I will agree PC needs more run . But they scored enough points to win the problem was they could not stop the other team . So if PC wants to win in the playoffs they need to play better defense JMO
yes, We lost alot of defense players,but we have very good talent to step up!! It will take some time to get away from some PROBLEMS we had this past season but my son is a Hawk and I will support them as long as he wears blue & orange..So Good Luck Hawks on your 2011 season
loyalhawkfan Wrote:yes, We lost alot of defense players,but we have very good talent to step up!! It will take some time to get away from some PROBLEMS we had this past season but my son is a Hawk and I will support them as long as he wears blue & orange..So Good Luck Hawks on your 2011 season

Who's your son, if you don't mind me asking?
Considering all the non sense rumors have not been proven true. How do you feel Pike Central fairs out now?
I'm not sure on how their schedule looks as of yet. I will have to find that out sometime this week, but given they return the 3A player of the year in Alan Boggs and his favorite target Wes Pugh offense can put up big numbers. On the other side of the ball some younger guys need to step up and fill the shoes of those graduating this year.
Hey, I was checking out KHSAA earlier and I believe that part of Pike Central's 2011 schedule has already been announced.

September 9th - Shelby Valley (Home)

September 23rd - East Ridge (Away)

October 7th - Lawrence County (Home)

October 14th - Sheldon Clark (Away)

October 21st - Belfry (Home)

October 28th - Prestonsburg (Home)
J-Rod Wrote:Hey, I was checking out KHSAA earlier and I believe that part of Pike Central's 2011 schedule has already been announced.

September 9th - Shelby Valley (Home)

September 23rd - East Ridge (Away)

October 7th - Lawrence County (Home)

October 14th - Sheldon Clark (Away)

October 21st - Belfry (Home)

October 28th - Prestonsburg (Home)

Those 4 in a row will be rough.
Yup.

Thats how it usually goes.
Chapman will have them ready, and playing games like that will prepare them for the play offs.
All the district games will be important, cause now with 5 teams in the district somebody isn't going to make the playoff's this time.

Our district is loaded its going to be difficult.
J-Rod Wrote:All the district games will be important, cause now with 5 teams in the district somebody isn't going to make the playoff's this time.

Our district is loaded its going to be difficult.

Yes, I agree, for I think the district is loaded with some high quality teams. From what I hear, Belfry is the most touted team, but I think Pike Central, Lawrence County, (irrespective of their coaching situation) Sheldon Clark, and an improving East Ridge, will provide competition in the district.

There may be some surprises as to who goes deep in the play-offs. We shall see, and that makes it very interesting.
Hey, I just checked the KHSAA site again and I noticed they updated the schedule with 2 new games.

August 19th - Greenup County (Away)

September 2nd - Powell County (Away)

I think that just leaves the Pike County Bowl, and the schedule looks like its complete I think.
  • 1(current)
  • Next