Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Co. Central 68 - June Buchanan 44
pickandroll Wrote:I think Letcher could knock off Knott first round of district. TongueirateSho I would love to watch it happen too.

:please:LOL (I don't underestimate teams I just know yuo are saying this out of spite.) and

Cordia has a GREAT chance of beating JBS in the first round (seriously) it is likely to happen.

Dude, Knott beat LCC by 33.
Can a mod just close this thread, this game is long over and the crap is getting ridiculous.
PATS2011 After reading through this thread it looks like you're the one doing most of the talking!!!! Honestly you don't have a clue as to all that went on to get Cox eligible to play at KCC, or maybe you do Confusedhh:.... He was recuited and had been for a long time. Cox was a really good kid when he was at JBS, and I hope that he hasn't lost the values that he learned while he attended JBS. IMO he still is playing in another's shadow. JBS's loss was KCC's gain, but Cox's and all the others that left their loss was JBS, life is about more than basketball. If I had a kid in school in Knott County it would attend JBS for the simple fact of the Christian foundation that it was found on and continues to provide:loveya:
BigMann Wrote:PATS2011 After reading through this thread it looks like you're the one doing most of the talking!!!! Honestly you don't have a clue as to all that went on to get Cox eligible to play at KCC, or maybe you do Confusedhh:.... He was recuited and had been for a long time. Cox was a really good kid when he was at JBS, and I hope that he hasn't lost the values that he learned while he attended JBS. IMO he still is playing in another's shadow. JBS's loss was KCC's gain, but Cox's and all the others that left their loss was JBS, life is about more than basketball. If I had a kid in school in Knott County it would attend JBS for the simple fact of the Christian foundation that it was found on and continues to provide:loveya:

I LOL'd so hard when I read this. First off, do you honestly think JBS isn't guilty of recruiting. Brent Hall is a perfect example. He played summer ball for KCC and then somehow found his way over to JBS. Secondly, how is Cox overshadowed? The ball is in his hands every possession, he runs the team and decides where the ball goes, unlike at JBS when the ball was in Clark's hands every possession. Lastly, JBS may have been built on a Christian foundation and may practice Christian values within school, but out of school is a completely different story. I'd like to have a tape of the JBS fans from about 2 years ago. The most rude and ignorant bunch I have ever seen (this does not go for everyone from JBS because I know some good people from there, but relatively speaking). I'm sure that many can vouch for me when I say that JBS fans and the team showed little to no sportsmanship and showed no mercy. Playing starters the whole game when they're pulverizing their opponents, way to show those Christian values.
Card_Fan Wrote:I LOL'd so hard when I read this. First off, do you honestly think JBS isn't guilty of recruiting. Brent Hall is a perfect example. He played summer ball for KCC and then somehow found his way over to JBS. Secondly, how is Cox overshadowed? The ball is in his hands every possession, he runs the team and decides where the ball goes, unlike at JBS when the ball was in Clark's hands every possession. Lastly, JBS may have been built on a Christian foundation and may practice Christian values within school, but out of school is a completely different story. I'd like to have a tape of the JBS fans from about 2 years ago. The most rude and ignorant bunch I have ever seen (this does not go for everyone from JBS because I know some good people from there, but relatively speaking). I'm sure that many can vouch for me when I say that JBS fans and the team showed little to no sportsmanship and showed no mercy. Playing starters the whole game when they're pulverizing their opponents, way to show those Christian values.
I'm only giving my personal opinion, and I can respect your's, but expect your respect in return. You know Clark is gone now and has been for 2 years just like Cox and all the others with the fans that went with them, and like I said in my previous post if I had a kid in school in Knott County it would attend JBS over KCC any day. All schools can have rude fans and KCC is no exception from that, but calling them an ignorant bunch, is pretty rude of yourself. As a matter of fact the rudest fan that KCC has is also a teacher at KCC. Makes you wonder what your teaching the KIDS. There's good kids at both schools and if ADULTS would just let the kids play there wouldn't be any problems.
This was a very interesting game to watch. Arguing just is unacceptable on the court. Congrats Pats on the win!
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

Who is the other?

Stamper? Cox's numbers are down from what they were when he was an 8th grader and freshman at JBS.

PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

As one of the famous sports casters around here would say, who cares about JBS anyway, right?

[quote=PATS2011]

Do you know why half the school left? Mainly once one particular student left, most of the student body found it to be the "cool thing to do" and head over to Knott County with him and be a "follower". And BTW, JBS is surviving just fine right now and it will be for many years to come. I know a lot of you people would love to see it close, but it's just not going to happen :Thumbs:

Well you must have been a darn good player then, you seem to have a lot of experience. From what I read on your posts, you don't seem to know to much about the game.

First of all Tate and Stuart are one of the best guard combos in the STATE. They trade nights scoring wise. So there goes that argument.

Second of all, Davis is better than C. Stepp, face it.

ANd btw, if you think that's why some people left you have seriously been misinformed, or either have been told to say this to protect the little bit of rep they have left. Why don't you ask the headmaster? oh wait he isn't there anymore. Wonder why? Others new there were more opportunities at KCC educationally.

In the state? Do they compare to Holmes', Scott County's, Clark County's, and I could go on and on and on and on. They are a top guard combo in the MOUNTAINS, which isn't saying much. I would almost guarantee Stuart has outscored Tate in more games than Tate has outscored him.

How many points a game does Davis put up? I have seen KCC play a lot this year, and not many times have I seen him put up double digits. Sure, you can say it's not all about scoring, but what else does he do? Throw down a few dunks during warm ups? WOWWWWW :rockon:

I highly doubt you know the reason why the headmaster left. You have about the same knowledge about that as you do about the game of basketball, so you have no clue.

BigMann Wrote:PATS2011 After reading through this thread it looks like you're the one doing most of the talking!!!! Honestly you don't have a clue as to all that went on to get Cox eligible to play at KCC, or maybe you do Confusedhh:.... He was recuited and had been for a long time. Cox was a really good kid when he was at JBS, and I hope that he hasn't lost the values that he learned while he attended JBS. IMO he still is playing in another's shadow. JBS's loss was KCC's gain, but Cox's and all the others that left their loss was JBS, life is about more than basketball. If I had a kid in school in Knott County it would attend JBS for the simple fact of the Christian foundation that it was found on and continues to provide:loveya:

Yes he was recruited, hard. I also doubt he has the same values that he once had.

Card_Fan Wrote:I LOL'd so hard when I read this. First off, do you honestly think JBS isn't guilty of recruiting. Brent Hall is a perfect example. He played summer ball for KCC and then somehow found his way over to JBS. Secondly, how is Cox overshadowed? The ball is in his hands every possession, he runs the team and decides where the ball goes, unlike at JBS when the ball was in Clark's hands every possession. Lastly, JBS may have been built on a Christian foundation and may practice Christian values within school, but out of school is a completely different story. I'd like to have a tape of the JBS fans from about 2 years ago. The most rude and ignorant bunch I have ever seen (this does not go for everyone from JBS because I know some good people from there, but relatively speaking). I'm sure that many can vouch for me when I say that JBS fans and the team showed little to no sportsmanship and showed no mercy. Playing starters the whole game when they're pulverizing their opponents, way to show those Christian values.

Brent Hall is a perfect example. Yes, he went to JBS first. He also went there for three years, then all of a sudden once Cox leaves, he tries to leave. But wait, Cox is ruled eligible, but Hall isn't.....Hmmm...that's kinda fishy isn't it? Brent was in grade school when he came to JBS, but around the time he left and Knott had pulled Cox in, they tried to pull Hall in as well. That's without mentioning Knott pulling in about 50 other JBS kids. Really, Knott County fans are among the worst I have ever seen. Especially a certain one who loves to scream at the refs while she films the games Confusedhh:

PATS2011 Wrote::please:LOL (I don't underestimate teams I just know yuo are saying this out of spite.) and

Cordia has a GREAT chance of beating JBS in the first round (seriously) it is likely to happen.

Dude, Knott beat LCC by 33.

What does that matter? LCC and JBS are both capable of beating Knott in the district tournament.
BigMann Wrote:Wasn't KCC the one that got the "T", sounds like their the one's that didn't listen.

Yeah he did but Childers was running his mouth on him...It should have been a double technical.....
it was very intelligent when kcc came to june buchanan in khackies and polo lol..and as they say was knows an the prep club
theVILLE Wrote:anyone get the video of the dunk by roberts
first of all dude why would anyone get a vid of that dunk? u act like it was something huge now on the other hand u seen tyler mullins dunk against kcc tell me when ol roberts does something like that
bball_manager Wrote:it was very intelligent when kcc came to june buchanan in khackies and polo lol..and as they say was knows an the prep club

I have no idea on what you are saying.Confusedhh:
triplemaniaman Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer]

Stamper? Cox's numbers are down from what they were when he was an 8th grader and freshman at JBS.

[quote=PATS2011][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

As one of the famous sports casters around here would say, who cares about JBS anyway, right?

In the state? Do they compare to Holmes', Scott County's, Clark County's, and I could go on and on and on and on. They are a top guard combo in the MOUNTAINS, which isn't saying much. I would almost guarantee Stuart has outscored Tate in more games than Tate has outscored him.

How many points a game does Davis put up? I have seen KCC play a lot this year, and not many times have I seen him put up double digits. Sure, you can say it's not all about scoring, but what else does he do? Throw down a few dunks during warm ups? WOWWWWW :rockon:

I highly doubt you know the reason why the headmaster left. You have about the same knowledge about that as you do about the game of basketball, so you have no clue.

Yes he was recruited, hard. I also doubt he has the same values that he once had.

Brent Hall is a perfect example. Yes, he went to JBS first. He also went there for three years, then all of a sudden once Cox leaves, he tries to leave. But wait, Cox is ruled eligible, but Hall isn't.....Hmmm...that's kinda fishy isn't it? Brent was in grade school when he came to JBS, but around the time he left and Knott had pulled Cox in, they tried to pull Hall in as well. That's without mentioning Knott pulling in about 50 other JBS kids. Really, Knott County fans are among the worst I have ever seen. Especially a certain one who loves to scream at the refs while she films the games Confusedhh:

What does that matter? LCC and JBS are both capable of beating Knott in the district tournament.

I hate to correct you, but Brent Hall played with Knott Central before he went to JBS. Ask Brent or his dad. He started playing AAU with Knott Central in the spring of his eighth grade year. He intended to go to KCC. Something happened and then some recruiting and Brent went to JBS. Check your facts.
Dawggie Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

[quote=PATS2011][quote=triplemaniaman]

I hate to correct you, but Brent Hall played with Knott Central before he went to JBS. Ask Brent or his dad. He started playing AAU with Knott Central in the spring of his eighth grade year. He intended to go to KCC. Something happened and then some recruiting and Brent went to JBS. Check your facts.

He did play with Knott during summer ball and realized he would see limited PT while there, so then went to JBS. Then he leaves JBS, for what reason? No way was he recruited to Knott County that year right? Along with a lot of other kids? Maybe you should check your facts pal :Thumbs:
triplemaniaman Wrote:[quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

[quote=PATS2011]

He did play with Knott during summer ball and realized he would see limited PT while there, so then went to JBS. Then he leaves JBS, for what reason? No way was he recruited to Knott County that year right? Along with a lot of other kids? Maybe you should check your facts pal :Thumbs:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

lol you are joke, you just don't want to face the facts of what happened over at the school with "alleged" Christian principles. That controversy was far from Christian principles I will tell you that.

You guys think the world did you dirty. KCC doesn't recruit unlike JBS. How do you think Brent got over to JBS in the first place after graduating Beaver.

His sister went to KCC you know.... and he knew it would be a better fit. He didn't want to give up basketball after being ruled ineligible, so he decided to stay. If Tate was recruited like you say, he and brent both would be ruled eligible. Tate left because of many reasons, obviously of which you don't know. Doubt you have ever spoken to him so who are you to say why he does what he does. Step off.

IDK why you are so "JBS is better than you anyway", they can't beat KCC in anything, even outside of sports, so don't even try it, no one is listening and/or cares. This shouldn't even be considered a rivalry anyone. No comparison.
triplemaniaman Wrote:[quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

[quote=PATS2011]

triplemaniaman
I know the facts and you are wrong.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

triplemaniaman

He still thinks JBS kids left bc Tate did and has no idea what happened there. I guess they didn't let that spread too much. Didn't look too well on their image.

Forgive the kids for not wanting to stay in Caney their whole lives and going to a place where they can have more educational opportunities and be exposed to more places than ALC.
the dunk by roberts??? dont you mean the throw up and grab the rim lol
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman]

He still thinks JBS kids left bc Tate did and has no idea what happened there. I guess they didn't let that spread too much. Didn't look too well on their image.

Forgive the kids for not wanting to stay in Caney their whole lives and going to a place where they can have more educational opportunities and be exposed to more places than ALC.
You know one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, things go on, they happen, JBS, KCC, etc. All you know is the rummors that you've heard or the lies that you've been told. #1 The fact is that no place is perfect, but COX was RECRUITED and had been for years, "why not, he's a good ball player and a great kid", and coach Amburgey had a personal connection with the COX family. #2 The plans were in the making for a long time for COX to be able to transfer to KCC and be eligible, build you a case and then drop the bomb! A job immediately came available for his mom, explain that! Also, I do know him and have talked to him, not that it matters. #3 As for Brent, another very good ball player, good kid, and very smart kid, "I also know him and have talked to him", he saw an opportunity to attend a very good academic school that would also help him obtain scholarships for college where ever he wanted to attend, being ALC "which by the way is a very good college", or any other college he may have wanted to attend. Yes he left JBS with Cox, but he couldn't obtain eligibility "not enough inside connections I guess", and he came back to JBS and graduated, played ball his senior year and had an awesome season. PATS2011, you're the one that needs to get your facts straight, as you don't know the whole story. It's all water under the bridge, but it's trash tall like you're doing about JBS that causes a lot of the problems between the two schools. No place is perfect, but JBS is a very good school with good kids, just like KCC.
BigMann Wrote:[quote=PATS2011][quote=Benchwarmer][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie]
You know one bad apple don't spoil the whole bunch, things go on, they happen, JBS, KCC, etc. All you know is the rummors that you've heard or the lies that you've been told. #1 The fact is that no place is perfect, but COX was RECRUITED and had been for years, "why not, he's a good ball player and a great kid", and coach Amburgey had a personal connection with the COX family. #2 The plans were in the making for a long time for COX to be able to transfer to KCC and be eligible, build you a case and then drop the bomb! A job immediately came available for his mom, explain that! Also, I do know him and have talked to him, not that it matters. #3 As for Brent, another very good ball player, good kid, and very smart kid, "I also know him and have talked to him", he saw an opportunity to attend a very good academic school that would also help him obtain scholarships for college where ever he wanted to attend, being ALC "which by the way is a very good college", or any other college he may have wanted to attend. Yes he left JBS with Cox, but he couldn't obtain eligibility "not enough inside connections I guess", and he came back to JBS and graduated, played ball his senior year and had an awesome season. PATS2011, you're the one that needs to get your facts straight, as you don't know the whole story. It's all water under the bridge, but it's trash tall like you're doing about JBS that causes a lot of the problems between the two schools. No place is perfect, but JBS is a very good school with good kids, just like KCC.

I know more than you could ever imagine.
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

lol you are joke, you just don't want to face the facts of what happened over at the school with "alleged" Christian principles. That controversy was far from Christian principles I will tell you that.

You guys think the world did you dirty. KCC doesn't recruit unlike JBS. How do you think Brent got over to JBS in the first place after graduating Beaver.

His sister went to KCC you know.... and he knew it would be a better fit. He didn't want to give up basketball after being ruled ineligible, so he decided to stay. If Tate was recruited like you say, he and brent both would be ruled eligible. Tate left because of many reasons, obviously of which you don't know. Doubt you have ever spoken to him so who are you to say why he does what he does. Step off.

IDK why you are so "JBS is better than you anyway", they can't beat KCC in anything, even outside of sports, so don't even try it, no one is listening and/or cares. This shouldn't even be considered a rivalry anyone. No comparison.

Trust me little guy, I know exactly what happened. There are hundreds of rumors about it, but I actually do know the truth. Just because I don't go to KCC doesn't mean I don't know things.

KCC doesn't recruit? So all those JBS kids just one day decided to pack up and head to KCC, without any influence at all? Now are you sure about that?

Tate was ruled eligible because of the reasons why he said he left, but Hall wasn't rule eligible for what reasons? Were his just not good enough? I mean honestly. It looked good on Knott that he wasn't ruled to play, that way it didn't look like they were recruiting. Do you even understand what recruiting is? Do you honestly think nobody from Knott influenced these guys to come there? If you don't then I'm sorry, but your a dumb***.

When have I said JBS is better than anybody? I'm pretty sure the basketball team has beaten KCC, so has the baseball team, and so on. What you stated made no sense whatsoever.

Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Benchwarmer]

triplemaniaman

You know everything man. Why should I even bother when someone like you and PATS know everything.

PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=Benchwarmer][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie][quote=triplemaniaman]

So they went to KCC? A school were kids smoke and drink during school? Yeah, there's a lot more of an opportunity there man. Each time you post something it shows me how dumb you really are.

BigMann Wrote:[quote=PATS2011][quote=Benchwarmer][quote=triplemaniaman][quote=Dawggie]

Can't wait to see what PATS says about that one.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=BigMann][quote=PATS2011][quote=Benchwarmer][quote=triplemaniaman]

I know more than you could ever imagine.

I don't think you do.
drink during school? haha that's new and I go there. Never seen that before.
PATS2011 Wrote:drink during school? haha that's new and I go there. Never seen that before.

Me either.
Congrats to all...Another JBS/Knott Central thread that's being closed. The streak continues...