Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 27 Russell 15
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Im so glad that my first post is on a thread where Raceland smashes Russell.

And about the part not sending your kids to Raceland well im an Ironton grad, so is my brother, he sent his kid to Russell, mine go to Raceland and he will tell you he wishes he was as smart as me:blabbermo
Well Russell is the better academic school and if you put all sports together more often than not Russell defeats Raceland.
More often than not Russell will beat Raceland in football as well.
blah blah blah
07-Russell
08-Raceland
09-Raceland, 2out of 3... hmmm 2 beats one last time I checked

FBALL Wrote:More often than not Russell will beat Raceland in football as well.
2out of 3 yeah more than often lose.:lmao:

FBALL Wrote:More often than not Russell will beat Raceland in football as well.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Well Russell is the better academic school and if you put all sports together more often than not Russell defeats Raceland.

Russell has taken a nose dive in about everything. Is the academics really better?
RedDevil1981 Wrote:The weight room is a joke and the "strength coaches" are weak. By the way..... you can set the mule on the bench!

You are right it is a big joke. And about the weightlifting champions is a bigger joke! Anyone can call it the state championship. Not KHSAA event.
Might be a joke to you. But it sure wasn't a joke upfront last night! And we had Logan, Denton and others for that meet. With them I garantee we were the strongest team in our class! That used to be Russells advantage over the years. Yeah Josh Gross may have been good. But when you have lineman like Matt Thompson and others blocking for you a scrub can move the ball.
4real Wrote:Russell has taken a nose dive in about everything. Is the academics really better?
Yeah the acedemics are better do I need to go to the Russell high school site and post the numerous state and national championships that Russell has won with the science Olympiad and academic team.

What do you mean Russell has taken a nose dive they had won the past 5 volleyball regions and girls soccer and won boys soccer 2 years ago and thats just fall sports. I think they won cross country region last year or the year before as well.
Just shows how overrated Russel is. I know they beat a weak Greenup team but that was before Rashard Carter came. Russel fans have to be the biggest complainers iv ever heard or seen. If you dont like coming to Raceland games to watch your team get beat then go home and listen to it on your $400 dollar radio. The fields to small, really, maybe you dont know this but you run the wing T. You dont need the corner of the endzones when you run it up the middle everyplay. Maybe get some new coachs instead of complaining about our field size. Or maybe you could donate some money instead of buying a new Beamer and fancy sweater vests. Typical Russel fans, excuse for everything, cant even beat Raceland during a down year. Congrats Raceland Seniors
And if the state weight meet was such a joke, why did Russel go to it???More excuses!!
Greenup County beat Raceland, Russell Red Devils beat Greenp County, Raceland Rams beat Russell Red Devils, so who wins the county championship? I say it is a tie this year. :Clap:
4real Wrote:somebody tell the coach to get his kid out

If you are talking about #63 I would honestly love to know what he has done so badly that he deserves getting benched for
I don't count soccer as a sport! Football is the only real MAN SPORT, girls can play all the others, not football! They are not man enough!!!:Cheerlead:blonde::girlwink::mop:That's a good sport for them!
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:Just shows how overrated Russel is. I know they beat a weak Greenup team but that was before Rashard Carter came. Russel fans have to be the biggest complainers iv ever heard or seen. If you dont like coming to Raceland games to watch your team get beat then go home and listen to it on your $400 dollar radio. The fields to small, really, maybe you dont know this but you run the wing T. You dont need the corner of the endzones when you run it up the middle everyplay. Maybe get some new coachs instead of complaining about our field size. Or maybe you could donate some money instead of buying a new Beamer and fancy sweater vests. Typical Russel fans, excuse for everything, cant even beat Raceland during a down year. Congrats Raceland Seniors

Sounds like you could use a job!
GreenupPlayer1976 Wrote:Just shows how overrated Russel is. I know they beat a weak Greenup team but that was before Rashard Carter came. Russel fans have to be the biggest complainers iv ever heard or seen. If you dont like coming to Raceland games to watch your team get beat then go home and listen to it on your $400 dollar radio. The fields to small, really, maybe you dont know this but you run the wing T. You dont need the corner of the endzones when you run it up the middle everyplay. Maybe get some new coachs instead of complaining about our field size. Or maybe you could donate some money instead of buying a new Beamer and fancy sweater vests. Typical Russel fans, excuse for everything, cant even beat Raceland during a down year. Congrats Raceland Seniors

:rockon:
It seemed to me, if im not mistakin, getin a little old hereSmile
but on the halftime kick off when the raceland player took the ball and then took a hard hit from one of the russell players @ around the 20 then the russell got 15 yds penalty i think was for over celibratin hurt. instead of starting at the 20 the ball moved up and i think raceland scored on the next play on a pass. kinda gave raceland a big boost. it was a great hit, but doin the little cocky dance cost and shoulda been butt rippin. but racelands passing killed russell anyway, and russell shouldnt tryed runnin the middle so much, thats a lot of line to get thru. it was a good game the first half and wish the scond half would have been as good, but great game for all the kids, and goodluck to both teams.
that's right Wrote:I don't count soccer as a sport! Football is the only real MAN SPORT, girls can play all the others, not football! They are not man enough!!!:Cheerlead:blonde::girlwink::mop:That's a good sport for them!
I know Russell lives around football but I like basketball about as well with football having the edge due to 2 state championships. I know you don't count soccer as a sport because Raceland doesn't have a team. It might not be that popular in the USA but soccer is a sport as well. We use soccer players to do our kicking duties.
I have seen many posts here stating how Raceland out-coached Russell and how great a person Ivan is and how Russell does better with "horses" and not "mules" (true for anybody). All points I strongly agree with. In 04 and 05 Russell was extremely talented and would have accomplished the same results with many coaches. That is where the horse/mule analogy comes in. A really great coach will adjust to what he has and not try to force what can't be done. But McGlone has become Bobby Bowden. Great Coaches in their day, but it is time to ride off into the sunset for both of them. The fact that many seen Ivan getting out-coached is a major sign. Didn't used to happen. They say of Bob Lutz that he is one of those coaches that can take his and beat yours and take yours and beat his. Don't think you can say that about Ivan. And another post was dead on accurate....the coaching staff quit for the second time this season. So sad.
I am a McGlone fan and always will be, but it is time to let Russell progress and not regress.
old warrior Wrote:Greenup County beat Raceland, Russell Red Devils beat Greenp County, Raceland Rams beat Russell Red Devils, so who wins the county championship? I say it is a tie this year. :Clap:

If you want to get real technical about it. I'd say it depends on what type of system you use for a tie breaker. Both ways I would say Russell still gets it.

Raceland may have lost to Greenup but we beat both Russell and Boyd Co. Which Greenup lost to so that rules them out.
Raceland may have beat Russell, but we lost to Fleming and Greenup:ChairHit:.
I really wish we would've played against everyone else like we did against Russell. We would have another 10 win season more than likely:ChairHit:
Raceland plays Lynn Camp first round dont they?
BIGRAMLOVER1979 Wrote:Raceland plays Lynn Camp first round dont they?
I think the other district is like this:

Campbellsville #1

Williamsburg #2

Lynncamp #3

Berea #4

So That means Raceland does play Lynn Camp @ home.
Raceland plays Lynn Camp at home. If we win we travel to Campbellsville. Should we win that one we will be going to LCA again for the Region.
Does Pairs and Nicholas play this week or have they already played, who is the 4th seed in Racelands district
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I think the other district is like this:

Campbellsville #1

Williamsburg #2

Lynncamp #3

Berea #4

So That means Raceland does play Lynn Camp @ home.
devilhorns05 Wrote:Does Pairs and Nicholas play this week or have they already played, who is the 4th seed in Racelands district

Paris lost to Nicholas 38-6 Friday.
Nicholas beat Paris 38-6.
Round 1
LCA/Berea @LCA
Raceland/Lynn Camp @Raceland
Fairview/Williamsburg @Williamsburg
Nicholas Co/Campbellsville @Campbellsville

Round 2
LCA/Fairview or Williamsburg @LCA
Raceland/Campbellsville @Campbellsville

Round 3
LCA/Raceland or Campbellsville @LCA
Yes more often than not Russell will beat Raceland and it doesn't matter who the coach is. Racelan had won two in a row and cogratulations to them. They were definitely the better team Friday night. The fact is Russell has more kids to choose from and over a period of time that does make a difference. The field still sucks and if both schools were not down this year all of the bandwagon fans would have been there it would have been to crowded to move in that place. I don't have a BMW or a sweater vest but Im still not donating money. Raceland can pay for their own field. I would simply not play them there.
FBALL Wrote:Yes more often than not Russell will beat Raceland and it doesn't matter who the coach is. Racelan had won two in a row and cogratulations to them. They were definitely the better team Friday night. The fact is Russell has more kids to choose from and over a period of time that does make a difference. The field still sucks and if both schools were not down this year all of the bandwagon fans would have been there it would have been to crowded to move in that place. I don't have a BMW or a sweater vest but Im still not donating money. Raceland can pay for their own field. I would simply not play them there.
A lot of it depends on the area you live in as well Look at 1a Beechwood they have as much talent as some 5a and 6a schools.
agreed though they are down this year as well.

GOREDDEVILS Wrote:A lot of it depends on the area you live in as well Look at 1a Beechwood they have as much talent as some 5a and 6a schools.
I really don't think Beechwood is as down as everyone thinks. They may be somewhat down compared to oter years. But no single A team could beat any of the teams Beechwood lost to. So you can't base a prediction off of their record. They did score 20 points on Highlands as well.