Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 34 - Paintsville 14
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sounds like to me that the Rebels are ready for the Panthers. Have they ever beat Pikeville before?
Im not 100% sure, but to my knowledge..no they haven't.
irishcard16 Wrote:Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 28, 09 Jenkins home 60 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 4, 09 Jackson County away 34 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 11, 09 Harlan home 30 - 29 (W) Click (Overtime)
Sep 18, 09 Paintsville home 34 - 14 (W) no
Sep 25, 09 Pikeville away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Phelps away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 South Floyd home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 Betsy Layne home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Knott County Central away 7:30 PM

You all knew you were gonna have " the best 2 backs " in the world why not schedule some competition??? and prove how god you were.

(3a)Belfry's wins- Letcher Central(5a), Boyd Co (4a), Whitley Co. (5a)

(5a)Johnson Central's win- Middlesboro (2a) check out who they have played though.

(2a) Prestonsburg wins- Belfry (3a) , Breathitt Co.(3a)

I'm not gonna even keep going...congrats this is why the same programs are always dominant cause some people know how to handle success and some dont. :please:

I have to disagree with your statement entirely. IMO, Allen Central has to beat Paintsville and Pikeville before they start scheduling traditionally strong opponents who compete in higher class levels. AC has to get "over the hump" in their own district first. Looks as if they're going to do that this year. That's also why Harlan was on this schedule, because these guys needed to get a leg-up on them as well to prepare for the playoffs.

AC didn't need to schedule Letcher Central, Belfry, Johnson Central, etc to prove a point to skeptics. That wouldn't help this team prepare for the playoffs. Do you think playing Covington Holy Cross and Boyle County is going to help Pikeville?
gish_7 Wrote:Im not 100% sure, but to my knowledge..no they haven't.

AC has never beaten Pikeville. Heck, besides Prestonsburg the only teams to beat Pikeville from Floyd County in the last 32 years have been Wheelwright in the 70s once and South Floyd in 1997.
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote::lmao:

AC did not even score on some of the Paintsville turnovers....So your right, the score could have been this or that, but probably more than 34 for AC....I like the Bogus calls comment, no way Paintsville could just get beat by AC....and I look forward to see how Paintsville does against Pikeville, after all they will have more riding on the game than AC ...It could be the difference in a 2 or 3 seed....As it stands, it looks like AC is playing for a 1 or 2, seeing they already beat Paintsville.

Another one that should re-read and TRY to comprehend a post before making any comments. I do believe that he said 2, TWO, of Paintsville's turnovers led to AC scores. It was an AC fan who brought up "the score should have been 34-6".
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
jammin' jamey Wrote:I have to disagree with your statement entirely. IMO, Allen Central has to beat Paintsville and Pikeville before they start scheduling traditionally strong opponents who compete in higher class levels. AC has to get "over the hump" in their own district first. Looks as if they're going to do that this year. That's also why Harlan was on this schedule, because these guys needed to get a leg-up on them as well to prepare for the playoffs.

AC didn't need to schedule Letcher Central, Belfry, Johnson Central, etc to prove a point to skeptics. That wouldn't help this team prepare for the playoffs. Do you think playing Covington Holy Cross and Boyle County is going to help Pikeville?

I agree you are right in what you said. And I am being a little harsh but it is such old hat for these teams to get on here like they are world beaters, the old saying act like you have been there before , but I guess they really haven't. (NO OFFENSE) Great victories so far it is really impressive what you are doing AC considering your history good luck and stay healthy the restof the season.

And to an earlier post that said I have a grudge against AC, no if you read any of my other posts toward pike central or shelby valley, I say the same things about them an their followers they win a couple games and all of th sudden they are "the best team" in the county, happens every year. Like the little boy who cried wolf. It gets old.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Sounds like to me that the Rebels are ready for the Panthers. Have they ever beat Pikeville before?

I don't think they have. Lost in a very close game last year, I think by 1 or 2 points.
irishcard16 Wrote:I agree you are right in what you said. And I am being a little harsh but it is such old hat for these teams to get on here like they are world beaters, the old saying act like you have been there before , but I guess they really haven't. (NO OFFENSE) Great victories so far it is really impressive what you are doing AC considering your history good luck and stay healthy the restof the season.

And to an earlier post that said I have a grudge against AC, no if you read any of my other posts toward pike central or shelby valley, I say the same things about them an their followers they win a couple games and all of th sudden they are "the best team" in the county, happens every year. Like the little boy who cried wolf. It gets old.

I think Allen Central is going about this the right way. Building a sustainable football program happens in steps. They completed one of the biggest of those steps in that Paintsville and Pikeville, after last year's close games, no longer take a win over AC for granted. Believe me, both teams took the time to scout the Rebels this year.

This year presents another - capturing a district title, perhaps even challenging for the Region. And unless it's going to be a one-and-done, Pikeville-Paintsville-Allen Central should be contested games on a yearly basis (understanding that "down" periods can happen - as long as it doesn't become habit).

After that...THEN start looking to add the P-burgs, Breathitt Co.s, and Belfrys in small doses.

:Thumbs:
oneijoe Wrote:I think Allen Central is going about this the right way. Building a sustainable football program happens in steps. They completed one of the biggest of those steps in that Paintsville and Pikeville, after last year's close games, no longer take a win over AC for granted. Believe me, both teams took the time to scout the Rebels this year.

This year presents another - capturing a district title, perhaps even challenging for the Region. And unless it's going to be a one-and-done, Pikeville-Paintsville-Allen Central should be contested games on a yearly basis (understanding that "down" periods can happen - as long as it doesn't become habit).

After that...THEN start looking to add the P-burgs, Breathitt Co.s, and Belfrys in small doses.

Couldn't have said it better myself!
irishcard16 Wrote:I agree you are right in what you said. And I am being a little harsh but it is such old hat for these teams to get on here like they are world beaters, the old saying act like you have been there before , but I guess they really haven't. (NO OFFENSE) Great victories so far it is really impressive what you are doing AC considering your history good luck and stay healthy the restof the season.

I don't think this AC team is on here acting like they are world beaters. I am sure every team has a few fans that go a little overboard when there team is winning but to as you say be a little harsh towards a program that has been building towards this moment with Coach Hall for the past 8 years is equally as bad. I can assure you that the kids and coaches on this team know that they have to go to work every Monday preparing to the best of their abilities for the next oppenent no matter who it is. This group of young men have worked very hard over the past 6 years to get here and will continue to work hard until they walk off the field in their final game.
oneijoe Wrote:I think Allen Central is going about this the right way. Building a sustainable football program happens in steps. They completed one of the biggest of those steps in that Paintsville and Pikeville, after last year's close games, no longer take a win over AC for granted. Believe me, both teams took the time to scout the Rebels this year.

Well put and I completely agree. :Clap:
Well this will be the year AC wins the dirstrict for the fist time ever. Im pretty sure AC will beat Pikeville this year to. But AC should enjoy this year while than can because it does not look good for them next year because they will lose all their talent. But future does not look good for Paintsville or Pikeville either so never know.
This is traditionaly one of the most futile districts in the state. Overall, is this perhaps the weakest that this district has ever been?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:This is traditionaly one of the weakest districts in the state. Overall, is this perhaps the weakest that this district has ever been?
Probably
irishcard16 Wrote:Aug 21, 09 Open home
Aug 28, 09 Jenkins home 60 - 0 (W) Click
Sep 4, 09 Jackson County away 34 - 6 (W) Click
Sep 11, 09 Harlan home 30 - 29 (W) Click (Overtime)
Sep 18, 09 Paintsville home 34 - 14 (W) no
Sep 25, 09 Pikeville away 7:30 PM
Oct 2, 09 East Ridge away 7:30 PM
Oct 9, 09 Phelps away 7:30 PM
Oct 16, 09 South Floyd home 7:30 PM
Oct 23, 09 Betsy Layne home 7:30 PM
Oct 30, 09 Knott County Central away 7:30 PM

You all knew you were gonna have " the best 2 backs " in the world why not schedule some competition??? and prove how god you were.

(3a)Belfry's wins- Letcher Central(5a), Boyd Co (4a), Whitley Co. (5a)

(5a)Johnson Central's win- Middlesboro (2a) check out who they have played though.

(2a) Prestonsburg wins- Belfry (3a) , Breathitt Co.(3a)

I'm not gonna even keep going...congrats this is why the same programs are always dominant cause some people know how to handle success and some dont. :please:

I thought the same thing untill speaking with a young coach i know from AC. he gave me a good breakdown of the schedule.
AC cannot help who is in there district.

Jenkins was a weaker opponent but it was there first game, and there was some preseason hype about them.

Jackson county is a 3A school, who almost beat them last year. they one on a last second pass.

Harlan a well respected team in 1A football. beat the AC 46-6 last year, so they wanted revenge.

paintsville is a district game they had to play

pikeville another district game

eastridge a 2 or 3a school playing up for ac

Phelps another district game

south floyd rival and district game

Betsy layne district game and some how ranked higher than ac

knott central played them for awhile again playing up 2 or 3a...
Brown for Paintsville, doesn't touch the ball enough!
What was the point in moving him into a position to be more of a threat if you aren't going to give him the ball?
Mr.Kimball Wrote:This is traditionaly one of the most futile districts in the state. Overall, is this perhaps the weakest that this district has ever been?

Without a doubt.
Notre Dame Football…GO IRISH
Johnny Tyler Mad Cap Wrote:[B][/B]

I made that same comment about Doderer last night, but I don't think he was the best player on the field. I think the best team with the best players won the game.

On a side note, Paintsville (for some reason), overlooked a better opponent. From the newspaper articles to attitudes. This should be lesson for the future to not say things to add more motivation to a hungry group of young people. I also know I am proud of Coach Hall for earning his first win against win against Paintsville.

Here is a question...Would you rather be Coach Hall earning your schools first win against Paintsville or Coach Kinner suffering the first loss to AC in school history (football of course)?

I hope they stay focussed and work hard to keep improving and wish them the best of luck next against another P-ville.

Congrats to the whole AC team and family.
I have no dog in this fight but I will make an exception. Dont get me wrong I love to see P-ville get beat, and personally I LOL when i heard the score. However I have to take up for the Doderer kid. This kid is the most athletic Rb in the mountians and gets every yard on his own. Allen central may have held him to 170 yards - 2 tds but when you have no line or lead blockers that sounds like a pretty good performance. I have to say that everyone that has watched the tigers can see that Doderer has no help. If Doderer was on a real team like Jc or someone with a good line then he really would be the best back in the state. Every one who knows anything about football knows that games are won in the trenches up front. I wish he would have never left JC cuz if he were here we wouldnt be 1-4. This kid is the real deal so dont ride him so hard for the lose.
kyrifle Wrote:Please elaborate on the talent level PHS has on this team. They have 2 skill players, that's it. Doderer is one of the best backs around but that is it. Brown is a threat any time he gets in the open field, pretty good speed. Other than these two players they don't have another skill player.
I don't know what PHS team you've been watching but it certainly isn't this years edition.

How can you say PHS have 2 skill players? Doderer and Brown are really good, but PHS has to have a line to help those 2 be as good as they are. There are several good players on PHS team. How about the FRESHMAN quarterback?...he has done a great job being so young. We have some talent, not only our backs, but our line as well. I'm not trying to take anything away from Brown or Doderer, but they need the team to help them be as good as they are...PHS has some on there that are good on the line. PHS has some good talent, they are working on the kinks.
proudmomma Wrote:How can you say PHS have 2 skill players? Doderer and Brown are really good, but PHS has to have a line to help those 2 be as good as they are. There are several good players on PHS team. How about the FRESHMAN quarterback?...he has done a great job being so young. We have some talent, not only our backs, but our line as well. I'm not trying to take anything away from Brown or Doderer, but they need the team to help them be as good as they are...PHS has some on there that are good on the line. PHS has some good talent, they are working on the kinks.
Linemen are not generally considered as being skill players.
irishcard16 Wrote:If you're so good and these backs are as big and strong and now fast as you say they are,what colleges are looking @ them "FOR THE RUNNING BACK POSITION" ? It shouldnt matter who you play the way you talk. RESPECT, CLASS, DIGNITY. Try those 3 things out sometime that way when those 2 boys graduate and you are getting beat by 60 pts every game again you won't have to hide from the shame.!!!!

Now that's not fair. I have never seen these boys play and don't know anything about them but I can tell you that even if you are a good player playing on a bad team then your not going to be looked at by any major colleges. I know that from experience. So give credit where credit is due they are getting the job done on whatever schedule they have and whatever the talent level may be. Congrats AC. Keep on winning.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Linemen are not generally considered as being skill players.

They should be, because if not for them, the others wouldn't get the glory. All I hear is how good this person is, and that person, yes they may be good, but I think the linemen needs credit too. If the backs don't get through, who gets the blame for that? The LINEMEN! so why don't they get credit too. I heard Sheldon Clark keeps up with the stats on their linemen, and I just think all linemen should get credit when credit is due.
proudmomma Wrote:They should be, because if not for them, the others wouldn't get the glory. All I hear is how good this person is, and that person, yes they may be good, but I think the linemen needs credit too. If the backs don't get through, who gets the blame for that? The LINEMEN! so why don't they get credit too. I heard Sheldon Clark keeps up with the stats on their linemen, and I just think all linemen should get credit when credit is due.

Well from what I have seen Nehemiah Doderer is the paintsville Tigers
BlueStripes Wrote:Well this will be the year AC wins the dirstrict for the fist time ever. Im pretty sure AC will beat Pikeville this year to. But AC should enjoy this year while than can because it does not look good for them next year because they will lose all their talent. But future does not look good for Paintsville or Pikeville either so never know.

yeah they do lose alot but last week you didnt think they had any talent
grats
proudmomma Wrote:They should be, because if not for them, the others wouldn't get the glory. All I hear is how good this person is, and that person, yes they may be good, but I think the linemen needs credit too. If the backs don't get through, who gets the blame for that? The LINEMEN! so why don't they get credit too. I heard Sheldon Clark keeps up with the stats on their linemen, and I just think all linemen should get credit when credit is due.

Doesn't mean that those guys in the trenches are not valuable and needed, it's just a term that is generally used to differentiate backs and receivers from linemen. I'm sure that no offense was implied.

no Allen Central has never beat Pikeville
rebel84 Wrote:no Allen Central has never beat Pikeville
We figured that out about 25 posts ago...
JOHNSON CENTRAL #24 Wrote:Well from what I have seen Nehemiah Doderer is the paintsville Tigers

I wouldn't go that far...yes he's very good, but PHS has quite a few players with good talent. All the boys have their talents, as well as their weaknesses and I don't think anyone should just point out one or two players. PHS is a team with heart, and they play with their hearts. I am proud of all of them!!!!
cats2000 Wrote:yeah they do lose alot but last week you didnt think they had any talent

Please find where I said AC didn't have any talent?
BlueStripes Wrote:Please find where I said AC didn't have any talent?

I don't recall the "no talent" remark, but I do know you made the "cupcake schedule" remark more than once.