Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Russell
18.37%
Ashland
81.63%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland @ Russell 9/11
Hope the Devils can pull this one out, they are playing in the HANK, but I think the Tomcats are just to strong and to fast and better conditioned. Russell does not sub and they will run out of gas early. Ashland defense will have a hay day and Russell QB better wear a back brace.
FBALL Wrote:I think you are letting your arguments run together.:blabbermo

By the way you know the time range was because I made the remark about most of Ashland's wins came before color TV. Ancient history just seemed irrelevant.

No that is two different arguments. But you are using facts from both the way want to spin it. You have entered the no spin zone my friend. I think you
know what I'm getting at you just don't want to say it. :biggrin:

it's ok fball, your still my boy! I mean devil:devilflam
Pupaw Wrote:Ashland-38
Russell-27
no way russell puts that many up
Its soo funny, when anyone gets beat by ashland....Its their teams "down Year" is it that bad??
:Clap:
FBALL Wrote:I think you are letting your arguments run together.:blabbermo

By the way you know the time range was because I made the remark about most of Ashland's wins came before color TV. Ancient history just seemed irrelevant.

No that is two different arguments. But you are using facts from both the way want to spin it. You have entered the no spin zone my friend. I think you

BADCAT74 Wrote:No that is two different arguments. But you are using facts from both the way want to spin it. You have entered the no spin zone my friend. I think you

Don't you mean evil, little putty tat.
Elm street Wrote:no way russell puts that many up
I honestly doubt either team puts up that many points.
BADCAT74 Wrote:We got in this debate a while ago about team records, we talked about the Russell vs Ashland series I brought up that Ashland leads 32-19, But you brought up the time table of somewhere between 25-35 yrs at different times we have talked about it, that Russell leads Ashland in your span 18-17? something like that, Then I was talking about total wins for Ashland is just over 600, then you brought up that Russell was close to Ashland with around 500, Please explain to me how that works if you go back 25-35 yrs thats not far enough for around 500 wins. Maybe 300+

Ashland has a great tradition and Since Ivan's been at Russell they've won more than lost....its close and I think that's what makes this game so special b/c its one of the true hs football rivalries left in our area where both teams win over the years...no one is dominating year in and out...
So I have this stray "tomcat" that comes to my apartment door and begs for food. I know, my fault for feeding it the first time, but I wanted to know am I wrong to be feeding it "DEVILS" food cake this week? :biggrin:
Wildcat89 Wrote:That is still counted as three sports or else the would have just named all three of those sports "football". It is a good idea to have the players out doing some kind of phsyical activity though. Sitting at home playing NCAA 2010 is not going to help any of the players in becoming better football players.
Thanks wildcat for helping Tomcat see that three diffrent sports arent the same as one sport.I know that this concept is hard to wrap your head around, but with a little help we can pull Tomcat through this.GOD bless you Tomcat we love you any way.
mightydog Wrote:Thanks wildcat for helping Tomcat see that three diffrent sports arent the same as one sport.I know that this concept is hard to wrap your head around, but with a little help we can pull Tomcat through this.GOD bless you Tomcat we love you any way.

:Thumbs:
mightydog Wrote:Thanks wildcat for helping Tomcat see that three diffrent sports arent the same as one sport.I know that this concept is hard to wrap your head around, but with a little help we can pull Tomcat through this.GOD bless you Tomcat we love you any way.

I understand the differences in these sports but just don't think a kid should be forced to participate for the sake of football
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:I understand the differences in these sports but just don't think a kid should be forced to participate for the sake of football

It was never said that they had to participate in these activities. We were just saying that any sport/ activity in the off season would greatly help the player with there conditioning and strentgh training. If the kid is disiplined enough to workout and stay in shape throughout the off season by just hitting the gym, then thats fine for that kid but many kids would choose to stay at home and play video games or surf the web rather than push themselves into a better player than they were the previous year.
Russell 14
Ashland 13
Wildcat89 Wrote:It was never said that they had to participate in these activities. We were just saying that any sport/ activity in the off season would greatly help the player with there conditioning and strentgh training. If the kid is disiplined enough to workout and stay in shape throughout the off season by just hitting the gym, then thats fine for that kid but many kids would choose to stay at home and play video games or surf the web rather than push themselves into a better player than they were the previous year.

Agreed
FBALL Wrote:Russell 14
Ashland 13

Fball I have to correct you there is no way Ashland scores the number 13, that would indicate an we made an extra point. 6,12,18,24,add 2 that would be more like it we don't have a kicker. That is the only thing that really worries me about this team! Thought it was going to come into play last week.:yikes:
BADCAT74 Wrote:Fball I have to correct you there is no way Ashland scores the number 13, that would indicate an we made an extra point. 6,12,18,24,add 2 that would be more like it we don't have a kicker. That is the only thing that really worries me about this team! Thought it was going to come into play last week.:yikes:

I recall hearing about a freshman kicker kicking an XP in a game recently. Am I losing my mind?
Midee1 Wrote:I recall hearing about a freshman kicker kicking an XP in a game recently. Am I losing my mind?

he did in the raceland game and hit it off the goal post on his only attempt it is a scary site
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:he did in the raceland game and hit it off the goal post on his only attempt it is a scary site

I thought I heard Dicky perk up and say "I think we may have ourselves a kicker"

Was he being sarcastic?
Midee1 Wrote:I thought I heard Dicky perk up and say "I think we may have ourselves a kicker"

Was he being sarcastic?

Sounds just like Dicky. Making fun of a freshman.
Midee1 Wrote:I thought I heard Dicky perk up and say "I think we may have ourselves a kicker"

Was he being sarcastic?

well he did bounce a line drive in off the left up right, but I would hardly say we have a kicker, not trying to bash on him but it's
nothing Ashland can depend on. When they get up a coach hart has been giving him a chance to try couple xpoints. That could come back to haunt them at some point IN the season??
BADCAT74 Wrote:Fball I have to correct you there is no way Ashland scores the number 13, that would indicate an we made an extra point. 6,12,18,24,add 2 that would be more like it we don't have a kicker. That is the only thing that really worries me about this team! Thought it was going to come into play last week.:yikes:

Dang is the kicking game really that bad?

Allright, you talked me into it. 14-12. No I think they are due for an extrapoint. Still 14-13.
FBALL Wrote:Dang is the kicking game really that bad?

Allright, you talked me into it. 14-12. No I think they are due for an extrapoint. Still 14-13.

Yea, that bad! Don't worry we like to put up points 6 at a time anyway...:biggrin:

I'm going to say. ( unless we get all our conversions then add 8):Clap::lmao:

Ashland 24

Russell 10
BADCAT74 Wrote:Yea, that bad! Don't worry we like to put up points 6 at a time anyway...:biggrin:

I'm going to say. ( unless we get all our conversions then add 8):Clap::lmao:

Ashland 24

Russell 10
Are you gonna come stand with me on the Russell side at this one or do I have to come sit in the middle of the Ashland side?:devilflam
FBALL Wrote:Are you gonna come stand with me on the Russell side at this one or do I have to come sit in the middle of the Ashland side?:devilflam

Cmon over I usually stand by the fence on the endzone where there used to be a concession stand. :Cheerlead
BADCAT74 Wrote:Cmon over I usually stand by the fence on the endzone where there used to be a concession stand. :Cheerlead

See you there!!! :popcorn:
tomcats by 2 td's.

Good luck teams.
Ashland-24
Russell-20
Wildcat89 Wrote:See you there!!! :popcorn:

Sounds good... I'll be the one in maroon an white??? Who am I looking for? :popcorn:
Ashland 26
Russell 14