Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Russell Semi Finals (predictions, thoughts)
It'd be nice to see Belfry win this one, but I'll take Russel by 14
Belfry Will come down in this one, In a SHOOTOUT !!!

Russel-42
Belfry-35
Beef Wrote:You shouldn't be sitting in such a big game anyway!!!

Yeah, remind to get my pom-poms before I go, too.Smile
HappyGilmore Wrote:Yeah, remind to get my pom-poms before I go, too.Smile

Don't laugh..you know I have plenty just lying around the house. I'll make sure to bring so a pair if you promise to use them..:Cheerlead<-------Happy
I believe everyone is underestimating how good BELFRY really is this year, even with the loss of Jones and Howard. Even though you havent heard much about matt maynard, corey chapman, or dustin may but they are all amazing backs. As a matter a fact all 3 have rushed over 1000 yards this year. By the way Maynard is a "Game Breaker" whenever and wherever he touches the ball. If he gets loose you might as well chalk up 6 because I don't think anyone can catch him. All in all I believe this will be a real great game with Belfry winning once again and making another trip to the carpet.

BELFRY 35
Russel 21
Pirate Pal Wrote:Don't laugh..you know I have plenty just lying around the house. I'll make sure to bring so a pair if you promise to use them..:Cheerlead<-------Happy

Thank, but no thanks!

I'll be the guy over there with all of the other guys talking about how good we used to be when we were in high school.:High5:

All the while knowing that we're just full of hot air.:big grin:

And then we'll talk about the cheerleaders we had and how they were so beautiful when we were in school. We'll talk about the ones who let themselves go, and those who didn't. Then we'll look around at each other notice that none of us are in the best of shape either.Confusedhh:

And if the games is really, really, really, really close. I'll be cheering.:Thumbs:
Charlie Wrote:I believe everyone is underestimating how good BELFRY really is this year, even with the loss of Jones and Howard. Even though you havent heard much about matt maynard, corey chapman, or dustin may but they are all amazing backs. As a matter a fact all 3 have rushed over 1000 yards this year. By the way Maynard is a "Game Breaker" whenever and wherever he touches the ball. If he gets loose you might as well chalk up 6 because I don't think anyone can catch him. All in all I believe this will be a real great game with Belfry winning once again and making another trip to the carpet.

BELFRY 35
Russel 21

Matt will be the best player on the field easily, IMO. But one guy can be contained if Coach McGlone sets out to do that. However, he knows if he does that Corey & Dustin will burn him up.

I suspect they will play us straight and it should be a heck of a game.
You don't sit beside me do ya?Smile
Occasionally......:Skull03:
HappyGilmore Wrote:Matt will be the best player on the field easily, IMO. But one guy can be contained if Coach McGlone sets out to do that. However, he knows if he does that Corey & Dustin will burn him up.

I suspect they will play us straight and it should be a heck of a game.

All I have heard are great things about Matt, but I don't think you've watched Russell play this season. Kasey Clark and Tommy Brown may actually be the best players on the field on Friday. (Gah this drives me crazy making cases for these guys, they're great players but I can't stand them in real life lol)

It will be an exciting game. I don't think the game will be won by either team by having the best player or players. This game will be won by the best "team" on the field from the best player to represent each school all the way down to every player who participates in the game.
Is Kasey Clark more of a speedster or a hard nosed running back?
i honestly dont think it will be on the offensive side of the ball where this one will be won, its gonna be decided in the trenches, belfrys d-line and linebackers will have to step up big time in this one, they were dominated early on by SC and it scares me to think that we are to the point of the state semi final game and we are still preaching to these boys to wrap up when you hit somebody. if the linebackers dont come up and hit somebody we go home IMO
They're not hard nosed or speesters. Kasey and Tommy do have the speed in the open field to open up a huge play, but still not speedsters. They're what I can slippery running backs. Their plays develop very slowly and they just try to find a tiny hole or seam in the defense to run through. **<----They are very good at this** Most teams get killed in the backfield when running slow developing plays, they don't, they run it very, very well.

I call them slippery running backs. They run hard but they're not going to just run over people and they don't have that definite breakaway speed you see from a lot of players. They're very small. They're tallest runner will be maybe 5'10-5'11 and the heaviest being 190 lbs. They're very good at breaking arm tackles and they just continually find tiny gaps and seams as they run down field. They do lots of cutting back and forth. They're specialty is to get a defender running one way, then cut through that defender's back shoulder forcing him to only be able to try to make an arm tackle or just hold and slow the back up enough for the rest of the team to get there. They will not go down easily. They have great balance. You'll see their jerseys in a defensive players hand and they keep running and stretch the jersey until the defensive player can't hold on anymore.

I know that looks really messy and looks like jibberish for the most part, but I hope that clears it up a little bit.
here is the lil forcast update for ya all snow tonite 50 50 chance snow tue wen and lil on thur then flurries on fri. Smile
i think that belfry loses this one but not by much
MR.INCREDIBLE Wrote:no fair RD, there is no such thing as a win/win situation in playoff football, looks to me like your tryin to lay the foundation for a "well i really wanted belfry to win anyway" defense:mad: .......the fieldwill probably frozen anyway:beg:

LOL.. I am a devil through and through Tongue... The road dept will be out there salting the field lmao j/k Smile
I will be wavin at ya across the field Smile
if you want hot chocolate...... they sell it at louisa lmao...
make sure you look for us though
Russell has had a 21 consecutive winning streak on their home field.. Either way, it will be a good, but very cold, game to watch..
tomcat, you will haveta look in the picture gallery and look us up while we are there.. I will , of course, be sittin on the russell side lol..
I will be wearin a black coat with kentucky on the back.. hope to see a few of ya there.. I will be there early, cause my cousin is on the coachin staff Smile)
[QUOTE]Russell has had a 21 consecutive winning streak on their home field.. Either way, it will be a good, but very cold, game to watch..
tomcat, you will haveta look in the picture gallery and look us up while we are there.. I will , of course, be sittin on the russell side lol..
I will be wearin a black coat with kentucky on the back.. hope to see a few of ya there.. I will be there early, cause my cousin is on the coachin staff )

Sounds like you have a great home record that is with 21 win. However, if im not mistaken Belfry has a record of 38-0 in all 2a teams in the state of Kentucky!!! Although, we can throw all these records out the window come Friday. And one of these streaks will come to an end. With that being said I believe my PIRATES will be the victor as we contend for a 3-PEAT!!!
Who was the last team to win @ Russell?
You got me lol
Wow I just looked it up. The last team to beat Russell @ Russell was.... ME. My senior season Ashland beat Russell @ Russell 33-14. That was September 5th 2003.
lol kewl.. that was a nice score to beat em with too Wink
Tomcat68 Wrote:All I have heard are great things about Matt, but I don't think you've watched Russell play this season. Kasey Clark and Tommy Brown may actually be the best players on the field on Friday. (Gah this drives me crazy making cases for these guys, they're great players but I can't stand them in real life lol)

It will be an exciting game. I don't think the game will be won by either team by having the best player or players. This game will be won by the best "team" on the field from the best player to represent each school all the way down to every player who participates in the game.

No, I haven't seen them. But you guys have seen Blume, as have I, and Matt Maynard is a better all-around football player than him or anybody else in EKY.

I'm not being biased at all, the kid can flat out play the game. You'll see come Friday night.
I have to agree ...Maynard has been then best athlete on the field every game except the 1st game against henry clay
I think that russel is actually clarified undefeted becuase boyd county if you have not heard has been forced to forfeit all their games they have won this season. Due to their QB who was inelagebale due to not havin clearence from the khssa.
I'd like to welcome LEON to the site!!!
I'm a Belfry fan to the end. But I've said all year that I thought Belfry would get to the game before state and lost to Russel. Thats what I said the day I stood in the sweltering heat to watch Belfry and Henry Clay. I hope Belfry can win. I know they're capable of winning. We'll just have to wait and see...one thing I can't understand though...everyone keeps saying that with Fort Campbell lost that the winner of this game is the favorite to win state. How can this be true when the Aces are the team that beat the team that was supposed to win it all (Fort Campbell). And furthermore if the Aces get to state..they will be by far the more experienced team. Russel hasn't been to state with any of their current players and except for Matt Maynard, Aaron Chapman, and maybe a few others...but I'm not sure about the others...Belfry's whole starting lineup didn't even play last year until we were up by 30 points.
tomcatnation Wrote:I think that russel is actually clarified undefeted becuase boyd county if you have not heard has been forced to forfeit all their games they have won this season. Due to their QB who was inelagebale due to not havin clearence from the khssa.

Is that BC ruling final TCN? I had heard it was being appealed. Has it been made final?
Tomcat68 Wrote:Is that BC ruling final TCN? I had heard it was being appealed. Has it been made final?

Yes it has been made final they appealed to a local judge and he was rulen on it and had to go through the khss but they said no! so the ruling i think was final on sunday or fri.
LEON Wrote:I have to agree ...Maynard has been then best athlete on the field every game except the 1st game against henry clay

Hey Leon.....Welcome to the site !!!!!!