Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry @ Russell Semi Finals (predictions, thoughts)
THey meet again. Who is going to the carpet? :wieghts:
Well I have not seen Russell play this year, i will take Belfry by 16
This will be another epic battle between the Devils & the Pirates.

Belfry by 14
Russell in a squeaker.

Russell 28
Belfry 27
Tomcat68 Wrote:Russell in a squeaker.

Russell 28
Belfry 27

I'm going with the Tomcat on this one. :rock:
It may be closer than i picked, i say Belfry cont. to roll to the carpet.
grrrrrrrrrrr u beat me to this post grrrrrrrrrrr lets see i think both teams match up really well in this one. But I give the edge to Belfry who seem to have strength and more speed goin into this one. I will give my prediciton score sometime this comming week. Wink
Russell will be pumped and ready for this one. I don't think Belfry will run all over the devils like they did last year. This should be a good one. Good luck to both teams!

I'll go with Tomcat 68 on this one and say Russell wins in a squeaker.

Russell- 28
Belfry- 27

I also hope to meet some of you all at the game!
Too nervous to think about it right now. I believe we will see a rematch of last years state title game. As for the game at hand, I do think will be closer than last years, but not by much.
Guys, you all just didnt see the fire that Belfry had in their eyes tonight, we played like a team possessed. We played a perfect game....we did not fumble the ball, we scored each time the Varsity touched the ball except once in the first quarter.

I just think this Belfry team is on a mission to get back to Louisville, now that Ft.Campbell is out of the mix, If Belfry beats Russell, they will be the favorites to 3-peat....

Go Pirates !!!
If anyone wants info on Russell (ie, players, formations, plays, etc) just let me know.
Tomcat68 Wrote:If anyone wants info on Russell (ie, players, formations, plays, etc) just let me know.

Hmmm, thats interesting info.......a nice offer :rock:
Hey, You are the man. :theman:
Tomcat68 Wrote:If anyone wants info on Russell (ie, players, formations, plays, etc) just let me know.

Id say give Haywood a callSmile He said on sports overtime tonight that he did't know much about thier personel.
BelfryPride Wrote:Guys, you all just didnt see the fire that Belfry had in their eyes tonight, we played like a team possessed. We played a perfect game....we did not fumble the ball, we scored each time the Varsity touched the ball except once in the first quarter.

I just think this Belfry team is on a mission to get back to Louisville, now that Ft.Campbell is out of the mix, If Belfry beats Russell, they will be the favorites to 3-peat....

Go Pirates !!!

I agree...If the same team that played tonight plays next Friday night with the same intensity--the same fire---no other choice but BELFRY>>>>
Here are some directions for you Belfry fans on getting to Russell's Henry R. Evans Stadium next Friday night.

I'm going to assume you know how to get to US 23 heading towards Louisa. Once on 23, stay on it all the way through Ashland. You will eventually pass a mall on your left side and a movie theatre and many eateries on your right side. A few minutes later you will pass a McDonalds on the left. On up the road you pass a Golden Coral, Arbys, and Value City. All of these locations will be on your left. You will see a Taco Bell in the distance. At the Taco Bell, there will be a double left turn lane. You need to turn in one of the double turn lanes at Taco Bell. When you get an opportunity, get into the left lane on this road because the right lane will run it. The first light you will come to is by a People's Bank on the left side of the light. Keep straight. There will be a second light with a Marathon Gas Station on the left and a First and People's Bank on the right along with a Red Devil Terriory sign you may see on the right side of the road. Keep Straight. At the 3rd light you need to turn right and go up the hill. The high school and football stadium is on the right side of the road. You should be able to see all the cars there. You can park anywhere in the area, parking isn't all that great unless you're there early. Sometimes it's easier to park further up the road close to the cemetary. Just try to follow traffic to find a space.
I think Russell will win this one
Im goin to go with russell because like them better
Hardcore Wrote:Im goin to go with russell because like them better

Smile
Russell

Tomcat did you get to see them play when they beat Ashland?
I watched them play Greenup and Ashland. Russell is only a 10 minute drive from Ashland so between what I've read in the newspaper, heard from word of mouth, what my friends from russell say, and what I've seen myself, I have a pretty good feeling for what they're capable of on Friday nights.
very true t-cat russel is capable of beating anybody that they really want their coach has a thing on getting their players pumped before a bug game. but if you can not contain tommy brown or casey clark then it will be a long nite. but newport found a way to do that but the devils found a way to turn it around and get out of the problem. But i still do not know who to decide on yet think i will come with my prediction later down the road.
Tomcat68, thanks for the directions. I knew where the Golden Coral was, but that was about it. Thanks again.
Hardcore Wrote:Im goin to go with russell because like them better

Ok...Smile
Would anyone else like to get together before the game and have dinner somewhere, like the Golden Coral, or someplace else. Let us all know and we'll try to plan it.
Well, well, well....here were are again in familiar territory.

The only thing that worries me about this game is that it's at Russell. I hope the refs aren't feeling any "at home" pressure and it's a clean called ballgame. Don't get me wrong, I'm in no way saying that Russell is known as that. I'm saying that ref's are human *(I think...lol) and sometimes the pressure of a big home fan base makes a little hesitation to throw the flag.

I know that Belfry can beat Russell. They have everything that they need to get back to State. The ability, talent, determination, and skills are there. More importantly, the coaching staff. This is a completely new Belfry team in almost every skill position than the past 2 years, but have come together as fast and as well as the previous 2 state championship teams. These kids know the taste of the carpet in Loiusville and want to experience it on the field this year instead of from the sidelines. They have the hunger.

My prediction (which is subject to change during the course of the week or when ever I feel the need to ):

Belfry by 2 TD's
Crossbones Wrote:Would anyone else like to get together before the game and have dinner somewhere, like the Golden Coral, or someplace else. Let us all know and we'll try to plan it.

There are several new restaurants behind the Ashland Town Center on the hill. They built the biggest Wal-mart ever up there.

But, I will probably be eating Thanksgiving leftovers at the Moms & Pops house since they live there. Want me to bring you a slice of pie Crossbones???
Pirate Pal Wrote:There are several new restaurants behind the Ashland Town Center on the hill. They built the biggest Wal-mart ever up there.

But, I will probably be eating Thanksgiving leftovers at the Moms & Pops house since they live there. Want me to bring you a slice of pie Crossbones???

Hmmm Hmmmm sounds good. I guess the family and I will be going to that Wal-Mart, We can't traval any where without going to Wal-Mart.Smile
in the distance u can see fairviews football field. but yea they got a outback I believe.
There are a lot of eateries around the mall area including a Texas Roadhouse, Ruby Tuesdays, Applebees, Outback, O'Charleys, and Golden Coral just to name to a few. If we could get a group together and we could decide on a place I would get reservations ready for everyone.