•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Should WYMT Staff Say What They Really Think?
PC_You_Know Wrote:Then why argue about Milan's statement if you've never even seen Justice play?

Oh my God! It is not even about Elisha Justice, it could have been Jack Sprat for all I care. The point is I don't think he should say one kid is a better player than another.
Brian Milam Wrote:I wish all kids could be recognized but it will never happen. If we have in the vicinity of 140 girls and boys teams combined with at least 12-15 kids per team...how long would that take? I will ask one more time...let's please direct our conversations towards the kids in a positive manner. :igiveup:

Another good statement there Mr. Milam.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Guyn, Sanford, and John Hood are definitely better, but Elisha is VERY good, and will be one of the top 3 guards in the state next year.

As are Jackson, Jenkins, Faulkner. I love the way the 15th backs Justice, but let's at least be honest. Justice is extremely quick, and has decent handles and in reality that is about it.
letthebighogroot Wrote:As are Jackson, Jenkins, Faulkner. I love the way the 15th backs Justice, but let's at least be honest. Justice is extremely quick, and has decent handles and in reality that is about it.

Please don't say the word Faulkner in a debate about being better than Justice, Elisha has already proven that otherwise.
Let the announcers call it the way they see it. If we do not like it we can turn the channel.
Brian Milam Wrote:I wish all kids could be recognized but it will never happen. If we have in the vicinity of 140 girls and boys teams combined with at least 12-15 kids per team...how long would that take? I will ask one more time...let's please direct our conversations towards the kids in a positive manner. :igiveup:

I know you're right, I'm just a mom and my heart goes out to all the ones who try so hard and get passed up.
MonsterMan Wrote:Let the announcers call it the way they see it. If we do not like it we can turn the channel.

Couldn't agree more, you don't have to like/agree with everyone on this planet.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Please don't say the word Faulkner in a debate about being better than Justice, Elisha has already proven that otherwise.

OH! You mean like when Faulkner abused Justice and fouled him out at Rupp?? Rebuttal???????????????
letthebighogroot Wrote:OH! You mean like when Faulkner abused Justice and fouled him out at Rupp?? Rebuttal???????????????

Elisha was a freshmen? And now when Elisha is only a Junior and The twins are two of the supposed top players in the state, Elisha takes it to both of them, argument over.
letthebighogroot Wrote:OH! You mean like when Faulkner abused Justice and fouled him out at Rupp?? Rebuttal???????????????
This is 2009 not 2007, I remember a game not so far back maybe around feb. 1st........ ?
boogieman Wrote:No one said they hated Brian Milam. We just said we didn't like the fact he was stating his op about players on tv. Just for the record, I love to watch Brian Milam he does a wonderful job in promoting the youth of east ky, but he is not sitting in the same room with a child that has started all 4 yrs of high school bb and see the disappointment on their faces when Brian says so and so is a much better guard than whoever. These boys and girls love nothing more than be recognizied for their hard work and when you wait for your name to be mentioned, but it never is because the spot light is always on someone else, that hurts a child. I want every player to have their 5 minutes of fame, maybe I'm hoping for too much.

Just to make one thing clear for you Brain in the days I have watched him has NEVER and may I say this again NEVER has named one player as better then another directly. If he thinks a player is the best in the mountains then whats the big deal. He stated in that same game the other night that Amis was playing unreal, mentioned Buttermilks highlight real the night before, mentioned how well Cox had been playing, mentioned how great of a player Maggard was, then even went on to mention how Cox, Whitaker and Justice play similar when Justice jumped into the air to make a pass. Its not Milams job to kiss a bunch of @$$ just so that the fans will love him. Hes a sports broadcaster with that comes verbal opinons that are made ITS HIS JOB. What more does the guy have to do for this areas athletics to earn the respect of everyone he has the majority but my god the guy came back from a better paying job because he missed the kids and mounatin sports that speaks volumes about the man. ABSOLUTLEY A CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to the players in question. Cox and Whittaker are phenominal players, they shoot very well and see the floor very well. The only area of their game I would like to see them improve is on the defensive end. Not saying they are bad in that area of their game however this is where JUstice in my eyes puts him self ahead of Cox and Whittaker. :Thumbs:
letthebighogroot Wrote:As are Jackson, Jenkins, Faulkner. I love the way the 15th backs Justice, but let's at least be honest. Justice is extremely quick, and has decent handles and in reality that is about it.

wow...just wow... I am guessing you are forgetting the kid has a beautiful jump shot, abuses players on off the ball cuts, has the ability to force teams into a diffrent tempo, not to mention he is on the road to TAKE THE STATE RECORD FOR STEALS. But yeah i guess your right we need to be honest all he has is quicks and can handle the ball decent. I am guessing that is all Billy D. and Johnny P. see in him. :please:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:Just to make one thing clear for you Brain in the days I have watched him has NEVER and may I say this again NEVER has named one player as better then another directly. If he thinks a player is the best in the mountains then whats the big deal. He stated in that same game the other night that Amis was playing unreal, mentioned Buttermilks highlight real the night before, mentioned how well Cox had been playing, mentioned how great of a player Maggard was, then even went on to mention how Cox, Whitaker and Justice play similar when Justice jumped into the air to make a pass. Its not Milams job to kiss a bunch of @$$ just so that the fans will love him. Hes a sports broadcaster with that comes verbal opinons that are made ITS HIS JOB. What more does the guy have to do for this areas athletics to earn the respect of everyone he has the majority but my god the guy came back from a better paying job because he missed the kids and mounatin sports that speaks volumes about the man. ABSOLUTLEY A CLASS ACT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now to the players in question. Cox and Whittaker are phenominal players, they shoot very well and see the floor very well. The only area of their game I would like to see them improve is on the defensive end. Not saying they are bad in that area of their game however this is where JUstice in my eyes puts him self ahead of Cox and Whittaker. :Thumbs:

I don't know why you are *****in at me over this, I didn't start this thread, nor did I say that he said one player was better than the other. All I was arguing about was the question " should ppl in the public eye say that kind of stuff" All I did was say that I didn't think it was right to do so. I could care less who he thinks is the best. I just think it hurts the kids
boogieman Wrote:I don't know why you are *****in at me over this, I didn't start this thread, nor did I say that he said one player was better than the other. All I was arguing about was the question " should ppl in the public eye say that kind of stuff" All I did was say that I didn't think it was right to do so. I could care less who he thinks is the best. I just think it hurts the kids

actually you stated "when Brian says so and so is a much better guard than whoever" so what is that infering?

The end of my post is not refering to your post just everything in general in this argument.

How does it hurt the kids? I am pretty sure most high school kids can move on from Brian thinking someone is better than them. If not then they really need to be taught there is more to life than basketball. Your argument is virtually saying all sports announcers need to stop commenting on how good a player is and comparrison should not be an option. I guess I see things diffrently being a Communications major.
boogieman Wrote:Oh my God! It is not even about Elisha Justice, it could have been Jack Sprat for all I care. The point is I don't think he should say one kid is a better player than another.

I agree
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:actually you stated "when Brian says so and so is a much better guard than whoever" so what is that infering?

The end of my post is not refering to your post just everything in general in this argument.

How does it hurt the kids? I am pretty sure most high school kids can move on from Brian thinking someone is better than them. If not then they really need to be taught there is more to life than basketball. Your argument is virtually saying all sports announcers need to stop commenting on how good a player is and comparrison should not be an option. I guess I see things diffrently being a Communications major.

No I'm not sayin he said it, I'm sayin if he said it. I also said he could say it like so and so is one of the best in the mountains, instead of pointing out one player he thinks is best. And come on, you know it hurts kids feelings when they work their butts off and are not even given a glance. Sure they move on, but it still hurts their feelings.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Elisha was a freshmen? And now when Elisha is only a Junior and The twins are two of the supposed top players in the state, Elisha takes it to both of them, argument over.

Far from over, its a draw at best right now! If the one man show that is Valley can beat the 10th at Rupp, which I highly doubt. I figure a rubber match would tell the tale! My team will be there.............Will yours??????
letthebighogroot Wrote:Far from over, its a draw at best right now! If the one man show that is Valley can beat the 10th at Rupp, which I highly doubt. I figure a rubber match would tell the tale! My team will be there.............Will yours??????

My team beat yours, yours beat Mason, theoretically mine WILL be there.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:wow...just wow... I am guessing you are forgetting the kid has a beautiful jump shot, abuses players on off the ball cuts, has the ability to force teams into a diffrent tempo, not to mention he is on the road to TAKE THE STATE RECORD FOR STEALS. But yeah i guess your right we need to be honest all he has is quicks and can handle the ball decent. I am guessing that is all Billy D. and Johnny P. see in him. :please:

You lost me at "beautiful jumpshot" best wishes to the kid, but you people go WAY OVERBOARD!!!!!!! How about we at least wait till he gets an offer???????? At ANY LEVEL!!!!!!!
boogieman Wrote:No I'm not sayin he said it, I'm sayin if he said it. I also said he could say it like so and so is one of the best in the mountains, instead of pointing out one player he thinks is best. And come on, you know it hurts kids feelings when they work their butts off and are not even given a glance. Sure they move on, but it still hurts their feelings.

Fair enough I can see what your saying but I still stick by he has the right as a sports announce to allow his full opinion to be known its his constitutional right not to mention he has been through ethics training as are all sports broadcasters and journalist so they know whats out of line. He gives so many players a glance, as I stated before he mentioned probley 8 players the other night that werent even playing. As parents you must realize that your kid isnt always going to get notority. For many kids having their support of parents, coaches, teammates and fans it doesnt really matter what Brian says. If we as fans support them that on the norm is enough notority for them. If you can find me one kid who has dropped their head over a Brian Milam comment then I will admit to you I am wrong. However, I am pretty sure there hasnt been.
letthebighogroot Wrote:You lost me at "beautiful jumpshot" best wishes to the kid, but you people go WAY OVERBOARD!!!!!!! How about we at least wait till he gets an offer???????? At ANY LEVEL!!!!!!!

You obviously envy the kids ability to play ball. I have no connections to Justice or Valley and they were actually the most hated team by me when in school. However, I call them like I see them and this kid does have a beautiful shot. Obviously you know I am right about the defensive skills of him or you could have rebutled. IMO this kid is the best player to come out of the 15th region since the likes of J.R Vanhoose and Ervin Stepp.
PC_You_Know Wrote:My team beat yours, yours beat Mason, theoretically mine WILL be there.

Just my opinion, but I just don't think SV can beat Mason. GRC, yeah. Remember, Mason has played a few games at Rupp.........Valley will be wide-eyed on top of not being a "shooting" team. The Valley fans better be praying for some GRC!
boogieman Wrote:No I'm not sayin he said it, I'm sayin if he said it. I also said he could say it like so and so is one of the best in the mountains, instead of pointing out one player he thinks is best. And come on, you know it hurts kids feelings when they work their butts off and are not even given a glance. Sure they move on, but it still hurts their feelings.

I've seen plenty of people get on here and say Tate Cox is the best player in the mountains not one of the best..but the best..and now when Brian Milam says someone is better..the people who say Tate is the best are getting jealous
letthebighogroot Wrote:Just my opinion, but I just don't think SV can beat Mason. GRC, yeah. Remember, Mason has played a few games at Rupp.........Valley will be wide-eyed on top of not being a "shooting" team. The Valley fans better be praying for some GRC!

Buddy, let it go, you also said we couldn't beat you all, lol, we see how that went, Elliott state champs? Don't think so.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:You obviously envy the kids ability to play ball. I have no connections to Justice or Valley and they were actually the most hated team by me when in school. However, I call them like I see them and this kid does have a beautiful shot. Obviously you know I am right about the defensive skills of him or you could have rebutled. IMO this kid is the best player to come out of the 15th region since the likes of J.R Vanhoose and Ervin Stepp.

Yeah, I envy a kid that was held back 2 years and MIGHT get an offer for a D1 scholly. He isn't a shooter, to call his jumpshot "beautiful" is an injustice to players that do posess a "beautiful" jumpshot. For the record, I have never said anything negative about his defense!
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yeah, I envy a kid that was held back 2 years and MIGHT get an offer for a D1 scholly. He isn't a shooter, to call his jumpshot "beautiful" is an injustice to players that do posess a "beautiful" jumpshot. For the record, I have never said anything negative about his defense!

1 year I'm pretty sure. You are jealous as all get up, dang.
PC_You_Know Wrote:Buddy, let it go, you also said we couldn't beat you all, lol, we see how that went, Elliott state champs? Don't think so.

You might want to try reading.......You can go a page or 2 back and find the EC/Valley prediction thread if you want, when you get there, show me were I stated Valley couldn't beat us! I would LOVE to see it!!!! You are correct that somebody needs to let it go however! Good luck with that!
letthebighogroot Wrote:Yeah, I envy a kid that was held back 2 years and MIGHT get an offer for a D1 scholly. He isn't a shooter, to call his jumpshot "beautiful" is an injustice to players that do posess a "beautiful" jumpshot. For the record, I have never said anything negative about his defense!

one year and can you blame his parents hes not the tallest kid in the world lol...The kid shots around 50% from behind the arc shots around 50% or higher from the floor. So explain to me how he is not considered a shooter. Yes he scores alot of transition offense but isnt that what point guards are SUPPOSED to do. He plays the game as a true point guard. He controls the game, does what he has to do to get his team involved, finds the open man in all situations and then takes it to people on the defensive end. Well you did make the comment all he had going for him was quickness and decent ball handeling sounds like to me you was laying a shy eye on the best part of his game.:Thumbs:
letthebighogroot Wrote:You might want to try reading.......You can go a page or 2 back and find the EC/Valley prediction thread if you want, when you get there, show me were I stated Valley couldn't beat us! I would LOVE to see it!!!! You are correct that somebody needs to let it go however! Good luck with that!

What do you want me to let go of, our state championship trophy? LOL, I'm done arguing with you.
PC_You_Know Wrote:1 year I'm pretty sure. You are jealous as all get up, dang.

Only one year and already older than most seniors??
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next