Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knott Central 58 - Shelby Valley 50
8-0, great start and you have my respect. Good luck tonight.
ladypatriot55 Wrote:Ok, so we ALL get that IF shelby valley had justice it would be a different outcome. Well IF kcc had stuart at 100% then it could have been a different as well. We won and believe me, every kcc fan knows that justice is the real deal. and now We have proved once again that we can play with the better teams in the state. Every way we turn its"congrats but......" seriously just give your congrats and after 50 thousand "but...." 's stop, cause we get the picture. k? Thanks!

so what, you think Valley was 100 % last night. Nobody from Valley played work a ****. Not to take anything away from KCC, but if valley was healty and playing like they did againts that GA team. Valley could of easily won by 20+, and thats no lie.
Congrats to both teams!!!!
Who does each team play today now?
This bickering is ridiculous. Yes Justice did not play. Could the outcome have been different if he would have? Yes. But no one will ever know.

Congrats KCC.

Let's all just be happy that the mountains have some teams that can cause some damage down state come tourney time.

It has been awhile since the mountains have had this many great teams at the same time...
NYY10 Wrote:Who does each team play today now?

Shelby Valley plays South Oldham .... Not sure of time

KCC plays South Laurel 8:15
Iam not a fan of either team but Shelby Valley is loaded with talent with out justice it should have been a close game but edge still at valley...Great game KCC if they meet again valley by 15
Benchwarmer Wrote:Everyone is bring up that other teams Knott has played have not been up to full strength because of football and injuries. Braxton R. played football (late start) and Richard Caudill (Buttermilk) was in a car accident and was out overt a month win basketball started.

you are quite right. i also believe that stuart has been having trouble with his hip. So he's not exactly 100%.
PC_You_Know Wrote:I wouldn't jump ship there bub. They beat a team without their best player at hands. Sure, they're good, but how can you know how good you really are if you aren't playing a team when they're 100%?

because we beat them back in the summer with justice playing, thats how we know we are that good.
sassy Wrote:because we beat them back in the summer with justice playing, thats how we know we are that good.

And also once this summer Valley dominated KCC while Justice was playing. He shut Cox down in that game and made him look like he shouldn't have been on the floor.
PC_You_Know Wrote:And also once this summer Valley dominated KCC while Justice was playing. He shut Cox down in that game and made him look like he shouldn't have been on the floor.

I am as big a Valley fan as anyone on here, but I have to disagree with this statement. Elisha is an unbelievable player, but I don't think there is a player in the state who could make Tate look like he shouldn't have been on the floor. Just like there isn't a player in the state who could do that to Elisha. Both are very special players.

As for the game, I was very disappointed with the play of Valley. They turned the ball over way to many times and didn't rebound at all. Knott County just outworked them on the boards. It should never happen with the size Valley has. Good win KCC and good luck tonight.

I talked to Elisha and he was very disappointed about not getting to play. He is so competitive and just loves basketball so much. I think it hurt everyone to see him have to sit there. Hopefully he'll be able to play soon. Good luck tonight, Valley.
It id hard to play without a head...... shows how much ELisha is needed..
Nice win but very very early in season !!!
LoneStar Wrote:Love it ! Way to go KCC. Good guys win ! SV is crying tonight. Stop whining and making excuses. The only difference between the two teams is KCC won and SV lost - end of story.:lmao:

Congrats on the win KCC! You have a nice looking team. I have had the opportunity to watch both teams play on a couple of different occasions and SV with Justice is probably a 12-15 point better team, not to take anything away from KCC. Look, injuries are part of competition and teams have to accept that as they play. But, everyone knows SV is the better of the two teams. I was shocked that SV played that close to KCC without Justice in the game. It would be almost like KCC playing without Cox, except it wouldn't hurt them as much as it does SV without Justice. Again, congrats to KCC on the win.
How many times must it be said? We played them with Justice playing and beat them. But KCC could beat the best team in the U.S. and still ppl would say they still were not good enough. We came back from a 14-3 in the first quarter and by half time it was 17-20 SV. Now I don't know what you ppl think,
but I think thats pretty **** impressive. Congrats KCC, you are #1 no matter what anyone thinks.
PC_You_Know Wrote:And also once this summer Valley dominated KCC while Justice was playing. He shut Cox down in that game and made him look like he shouldn't have been on the floor.

Then how did we beat them if Justice is so great and shut everyone down?
thebomb Wrote:I know this may offend you KCC fans, but this would have been a totally different game if Justice played. When KCC beats SV with Justice then they can be called the #1 team.
It may have been a different game, but that doesn't mean Valley would have won it.
great job by both teams.
I would have loved to see this game.
What is Elisha's status?
PC_You_Know Wrote:And also once this summer Valley dominated KCC while Justice was playing. He shut Cox down in that game and made him look like he shouldn't have been o.n the floor.
Sorry , Justice is great, but he ain't never shut Cox down.
sassy Wrote:Then how did we beat them if Justice is so great and shut everyone down?

Do the KCC fans not realise that this is the 3rd time these teams have played?
LoneStar Wrote:Love it ! Way to go KCC. Good guys win ! SV is crying tonight. Stop whining and making excuses. The only difference between the two teams is KCC won and SV lost - end of story.:lmao:

Actually, the only difference was that Shelby Valley was playing without their best player, someone who is generally regarded as one of the best players in eastern Kentucky, while Knott Central had all their players. Yes, you still have to play through injuries, but for anyone to suggest that the addition of Justice would not have made a difference does not make sense. He is the most indispensible player to SV, the one they could least afford to lose, and that's exactly what happened. Without Justice, Valley may not even win the 15th region.

I know some KCC fans have said that Stamper played a bad game, and that may be true. But at least he was on the floor, Justice wasn't. And Valley also had normally solid players having off-nights as well, such as Adams only having 3 points. So both teams had players not playing their best.

Congrats to KCC on the win, and congrats to SV for keeping it close. Honestly, this game should not have been this tight, I expected KCC to win easily without Justice. The fact this was a close game makes me even more sure that SV would have won going away had he been healthy.
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
sassy Wrote:How many times must it be said? We played them with Justice playing and beat them. But KCC could beat the best team in the U.S. and still ppl would say they still were not good enough. We came back from a 14-3 in the first quarter and by half time it was 17-20 SV. Now I don't know what you ppl think,
but I think thats pretty **** impressive. Congrats KCC, you are #1 no matter what anyone thinks.

How many times must it be said that Valley destroyed them in Summer Ball
Everyone makes it sound like this game was in March. I can support either of these teams, and if you look back at my posts, I am definitely on the SV bandwagon. However, you do not cancel the schedule for losing just one game, and you do not win any meaningful trophies December 21st. I have seen both teams play in person, and SV is by far the better team, but last night, on one night, they were not. This goes to show you that no team, regardless of reputation, can take anything for granted. SV was derailed last year, IMO, when Taylor got hurt. You have to learn to play without players. The biggest thing that nobody has really hit on was not just that Elisha was not playing, but that the team had virtually no turn-around time to practice without him. This may all be a blessing in disguise for both teams. For SV, you learn to play without your top player, and hopefully other players step up. For KCC, you learn that you can win on a night when one of your best players is not at his best. Good Luck to both teams, and do not put too much into winning and losing this time of year.
sassy Wrote:because we beat them back in the summer with justice playing, thats how we know we are that good.

Summer ball dosen't mean jack squat!
bucslover68 Wrote:Everyone makes it sound like this game was in March. I can support either of these teams, and if you look back at my posts, I am definitely on the SV bandwagon. However, you do not cancel the schedule for losing just one game, and you do not win any meaningful trophies December 21st. I have seen both teams play in person, and SV is by far the better team, but last night, on one night, they were not. This goes to show you that no team, regardless of reputation, can take anything for granted. SV was derailed last year, IMO, when Taylor got hurt. You have to learn to play without players. The biggest thing that nobody has really hit on was not just that Elisha was not playing, but that the team had virtually no turn-around time to practice without him. This may all be a blessing in disguise for both teams. For SV, you learn to play without your top player, and hopefully other players step up. For KCC, you learn that you can win on a night when one of your best players is not at his best. Good Luck to both teams, and do not put too much into winning and losing this time of year.

I agree that the loss of Taylor Newsome hurt SV last year. Who knows, with a healthy Newsome, Valley might have knocked off Paintsville and won region. But that is all speculation.

I see a huge difference between the two losses, however. Taylor Newsome, while a fine player and solid starter, is not indispensible. Last year Valley was able to start Jonah Justice in his place and not have much of a drop-off. While they were never the same team they were before the knee injury, Valley recovered nicely and finished about as well as could be hoped.

The loss of Elisha Justice, though, is much more devastating. SV has no one of comparable talent to substitute into his spot in the lineup. I suppose they probably start Tyler Newsome instead, and while he is a good player, that is still a sharp drop-off from Justice. You just can't replace that kind of talent easily, and I don't think there's a player on the roster who could even come close.

I will agree with you on one point. The quick turnaround of a game the very next day gave Valley virtually no time to practice playing without Justice. Honestly, I was amazed the game was as close as it was. And if Justice is out for an extended amount of time, Valley will learn to play without him and should be better than what they showed yesterday. But they would no longer be a shoo-in to win region, and any chance of making noise at state will be long gone.

For the sake of both the team and Justice himself, I just hope this is nothing serious. Hopefully some time off will help him get better, and if he can't play down in Florida, so be it. There will be more important fish to fry come March.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Losing Elisha hurts, but it is December. The injury is only devastating if it happens at tournament time, or if it is for the whole season, like Taylor's was. SV has plenty of time to be a great team, but I think they only reach their state-wide potential if Elisha is healthy.
bucslover68 Wrote:Losing Elisha hurts, but it is December. The injury is only devastating if it happens at tournament time, or if it is for the whole season, like Taylor's was. SV has plenty of time to be a great team, but I think they only reach their state-wide potential if Elisha is healthy.

Agreed. :Thumbs:

I am speaking with the assumption that his return is uncertain at this point. You are right, his loss only hurts if he is out into late February and March. If he misses a few weeks, Valley will lose some games that they otherwise would have won, but the other players will step their game up and improve. Then when Justice does come back, he will return to an even better team.

There is still enough talent for SV to win region without Justice, but it would become a wide-open 15th region tournament where several teams could win it. And we agree that there would be no chance of a run at state.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
outdoorsman43 Wrote:Summer ball dosen't mean jack squat!

Try telling that to the SV fans saying that they beat them in the summer. That is the basis of their argument. Some have said that this is the third time these two squads have met and KCC holds a 2-1 lead. Sounds to me like they are pretty even with Justice in the line-up. Give credit where credit is due. Congrats to KCC on the win. Best of luck to Valley also. Knott won the game after making a great run on what is probably a more talented team. If SV wants revenge the two will have to meet eventually down the road and get it then. Stop making excuses, learn from it, and move on.

summer ball means nothing. if justice played then sv would have won this game by 8-12 points, maybe even more. i'm sorry but knott county isn't near as good as you are putting them out to be. sassy take a passy fire and get your thoughts straight :thatsfunn Confusedhh: