Poll: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
40.00%
Paintsville Tigers
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
The Guru Wrote:Well....considerin that the 2 wins they got in newyork were against teams that are not even ranked in top 25 of their state and the so called #3 team in the nation(a 34point loss) is ranked 6th in the state of newyork I can't hardly see how they r #3 in the nation. And Male and Desales are out of the running for anything, what is your point?
Ahhh Guru, you know you have to play out of state or down state to be good. Maybe if we can get Matt to take them to Hawaii, next year. Probably a couple of decent teams out in Texas we can play to get our resumes up.
RavenBoy Wrote:No, SV is the team that is going to win, easy.
Valley will not win easy.
TheRealVille Wrote:Ahhh Guru, you know you have to play out of state or down state to be good. Maybe if we can get Matt to take them to Hawaii, next year. Probably a couple of decent teams out in Texas we can play to get our resumes up.
Or maybe even Alaska.....Maybe go overseas and play in Vietnam!
RavenBoy Wrote:No, SV is the team that is going to win, easy.
I would never say that Paintsville would win for sure. I just think they will. Big difference. However....I would be surprised if either team wins easily.
The Guru Wrote:I would never say that Paintsville would win for sure. I just think they will. Big difference. However....I would be surprised if either team wins easily.
Right, I honestly think Paintsville will win but, I don't think it will be a double digit win for either team. It will be settled Tuesday night and I will be there to see a blue and white team win, one way or the other.Smile
Valley better not sleep like they did against Pikeville in the All-A. Or they will lose i'm almost certain. I doubt they will but ill take Paintsville by 7
Shelby Valley by 8.
Either way it goes it's gonna be a close one I think.....I look for the final score to be both teams somewhere in the 60-70 range--with the winner by less than 10. If the Tigers are hitten though I don't think Valley can answer...but if it is a physical game it may go the other way. I gotta go with my Tigers by 8!
Ok I have wanted to put this off for a long time but I guess it is time to go ahead and take the plunge...
Shelby Valley is a better overall team and has a deeper bench..This could play out to their advantage if it is a physical game and the teams get in foul trouble. If Paintsville gets in foul trouble they are done because they are not very deep..If the refs let the teams play then that would be an advantage for Paintsville. I really like those SV kids that put team play over individuals and I like Paintsville who has the best player in Slone. It is just too confusing to pick so I think they will tie and let both teams go to Rupp and have a sweet 17.........No I guess that wont happen so I will have to pick and I will say Paintsville just because of Slone and their senior leadership and this being BMR last game and all and they wont want him to lose. I think they will play a notch harder and try to take him to Rupp for his last year and if SV does not win they will the next 2 for sure.......
Close game either team cound win.
uk96 Wrote:Ok I have wanted to put this off for a long time but I guess it is time to go ahead and take the plunge...
Shelby Valley is a better overall team and has a deeper bench..This could play out to their advantage if it is a physical game and the teams get in foul trouble. If Paintsville gets in foul trouble they are done because they are not very deep..If the refs let the teams play then that would be an advantage for Paintsville. I really like those SV kids that put team play over individuals and I like Paintsville who has the best player in Slone. It is just too confusing to pick so I think they will tie and let both teams go to Rupp and have a sweet 17.........No I guess that wont happen so I will have to pick and I will say Paintsville just because of Slone and their senior leadership and this being BMR last game and all and they wont want him to lose. I think they will play a notch harder and try to take him to Rupp for his last year and if SV does not win they will the next 2 for sure.......

Good post---and I hope you are right! But even if our ville boys win the semi they still gotta win that final to go.
im taking pville to much senior pride there playing to stay.. their next game could be there last.. i see them coming in and taking over the game early and finishing it.. like seniors are supposed to do
Definitely sure that Valley's schedule hasn't been that much better than Paintsville's, if any. The Tigers have played several good out of area teams. And playing the so-called #3 (which is a debatable point) is not the same as playing with them! SV was blown out of that one!

As for Tuesday, only someone willing to climb way out on a limb would say either team would win for sure! But I like the Tigers play this year and their senior leadership so I'll give them the edge. But either team can win this one. And depending on how the other plays, either team could win by double digits! But I look for a much closer game. The last few times the teams have played (regular season or tourney) I don't think that the margin has been more than a few points one way or the other.

May the best team that shows up Tuesday win! Go Tigers!
Paintsville
I hope the Tigers can pull off the win.
It being the last year for these boys & BMR.
You wait and see, Whoever wins this game will win by 10 or more.
valley in a close game
[B]Valley[B][ by 10 at the most
Hopefully Paintsville wins...I think it's a better match-up for ER. I can't believe the vote on here is this lopsided...
So is this game going on as we speak?
RavenBoy Wrote:So is this game going on as we speak?

no its tommorow nite
RavenBoy Wrote:So is this game going on as we speak?

March 11 at 8:15, the second game at the expo.
ohh ok, thanks for clearing that up for me.
EOE Wrote:March 11 at 8:15, the second game at the expo.

I kinda wish it was the first game !!
Alittle more than 18 hrs to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can anyone imagine what an awesome atmosphere its gonna be like during player introductions? No matter the outcome, hope all these kids take in jus what they are gonna experience during those moments.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
A little over 12 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe the Poll on here is so much in favorite of Paintsville. 49-77. Come on
I agree. Not what I expected, either. Yeah, I would like to see the Tigers win, jus because of Runyon, and the fact I am a grad, plus I think we (JC) would have a better shot at them than Valley. But I still voted Valley, because I think they will grab about a 12-15 point win. Either way, it's gonna be great. Ive not been this excited over a basketball game since a Paintsville-LexCath Sweet 16 game in the 90's.
My guess is 72-60.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The poll results don't suprise me at all. There has been so much **** talk here all year about strength of schedules and quality loses on theses two teams schedules. I guess people that have heard both sides of the arguement felt compelled to vote. I for one feel Paintsville has nothing to lose. The majority of people on here believe or at least have posted that they believe Shelby Valley is a better team. In retribution the Paintsville fans have voiced their beliefs. So now were at a gut check time, all the bull stops at 8: 15 tonght. Whovere wins this game will definetly Win the region.
I thought it was funny listening to the 'great' WSIP commentators talk about how they hoped Paintsville? Shelby Valley would go into a couple of overtimes and get worn out prior to playing Central. Central had better remember they as well as Paintsville/ Shelby Valley have a game tonight.