Poll: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley Wildcats
40.00%
Paintsville Tigers
60.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
15th Region Tournament: Shelby Valley vs Paintsville
Mar 10, 8:15 PM at East Ky. Expo Center.
Here we go! There are way too many threads for this game, but oh well I guess we'll get what we want.
This game is gonna be very intense...I like the Tigers and I'll tell you why...They have 6 pretty good seniors that play...They have the Best Player in the Region in Slone...They match up very well with Valley, like no other team in the Mountains probably...They have an overall better shooting team than Valley...All 5 players that will be on the floor for the Tigers, can handle the ball...IMO, the keys to this game are...

Individual Keys:

1. Slone has to be on...not smoking hot, but ready to go...
2. Bundy has to control the team,floor, and ball well..
3. Grimm needs to be his usual self...
4. Vanhoose has to hit the boards hard, and knock down a shot here and there...
5. Murray, dont need to be a scorer, but knock down the open shot...

Team Keys...

1. Play Together
2. Stay out of foul trouble
3. Win the battle of the boards
4. Communicate on Defense
5. Just simply want it MORE!
I am split but if I had to pick a team based on what I have seen lately I would have to say Valley. I say this based on the fact that Paintsville will live and die by their shooting. Valley has the only defense that I think can make a difference against Paintsville. Valley not only has a game changing defense but a very finely tuned offense. I think this game is going to be one for the ages. Either team has a great shot to win and take the region title so lets just sit back and enjoy.
Paintsville.
To tell the truth if Paintsville plays like they did againts Belfry in the first half then Valley will open up a lead and may be to hard to climb back up. But Paintsville really didn't impressed me much tonight. I will say Valley by 6.
Good luck to both team.
Get em Cats
As much as I heard about Paintsville coming into the Belfry game I expected more from them. They let May dominate inside, and the refs let Slone get away with a lot of cheap fouls, we were up top and many people around the rafters were yelling out "come on" "yeah he's going D-1, don't mean he gets special treatment". I think the refs should let them play Monday but they need to officiate the game well. The refs for the Valley/P-burg game will NOT cut it come Monday night, both sides were yelling at the refs all night, looked like these refs were amateurs(probably aren't) but they need to call better games.

Paintsville vs. Valley is what everyone has been waiting to see. This game is not going to shut people up because both sides will have an excuse to why they lose and that is okay. This game is going to be the best game the 15th has seen in a long time and will stay at the top for a long time.

Keys for Valley

1. Elisha controls the floor, takes great shots and draws the fouls.
2. Logan plays great D, pushes the tempo on breaks.
3. Jake makes his great passes and gets physical with Vanhoose and Grimm.
4. Jonah makes his shots and rebound well.
5. Ashley makes his jumpers and plays physical inside.

Both teams can win this game, and either will be fine and dandy to represent the 15th. My prediction is for Valley to take this by 4. They have been to state with this team and know what it takes to get there. They have PLENTY of experience and will leave it all on the floor Monday. This game can go either way, and whoever wins will not win by more than 10.

Good luck to both teams, I cannot, along with everyone else, wait to see this game. Go cats!
NYY10 Wrote:To tell the truth if Paintsville plays like they did againts Belfry in the first half then Valley will open up a lead and may be to hard to climb back up. But Paintsville really didn't impressed me much tonight. I will say Valley by 6.
Good luck to both team.
Get em Cats
I agree, Paintsville came out very tight tonight. I would not have been impressed either if I were you. But my question to you is.....If you were not impressed, then why do you only pick Valley by 6 points?
I am taking the Tigers in this one!
The Guru Wrote:I agree, Paintsville came out very tight tonight. I would not have been impressed either if I were you. But my question to you is.....If you were not impressed, then why do you only pick Valley by 6 points?
I am taking the Tigers in this one!

Because if I pick them by any more then that. Then people will be calling me stupid and stuff so I'll stick with 6
NYY10 Wrote:Because if I pick them by any more then that. Then people will be calling me stupid and stuff so I'll stick with 6
LOL, ok, I can get with that!:thumpsup:

But you know us Tiger fans....were gonna call you out anyway!Wink Cool Big Grin
soooo the game of the ages is here. Il take the tigers by 10 in this one.
The Guru Wrote:LOL, ok, I can get with that!:thumpsup:

I know that's right!! haha
SHELBY VALLEY !!
BEST OF LUCK TO ALL TEAMS !!!
:popcorn:
The Guru Wrote:LOL, ok, I can get with that!:thumpsup:

haha yea,but either way its gonna be a great game!!
I'm taking Valley in a close one.

SV: 66
PAINTSVILLE: 60
Tonight is the frist time I've saw Valley this year. It's gonna be a good game between the two. I will pick Paintsville by 5 but, they will have to be in their A game early on. Valley looked good from what I saw of the 4th quarter. It should be a barn burner.
Paintsville by 4
Paintsville by 6
Tigers by 7.
I'll take Paintsville by 8.
Scotty doesn't know Wrote:I am split but if I had to pick a team based on what I have seen lately I would have to say Valley. I say this based on the fact that Paintsville will live and die by their shooting. Valley has the only defense that I think can make a difference against Paintsville. Valley not only has a game changing defense but a very finely tuned offense. I think this game is going to be one for the ages. Either team has a great shot to win and take the region title so lets just sit back and enjoy.

Well i think every team does, thats how they score points! :Thumbs:
Game of the year IMO. This should be a GREAT game..Wildcats by 2
This will be a great game, I cannot wait to see it! I really don't know who to choose because its a really tough decision but I'll go with what basketball IQ I have and take the the Shelby Valley Wildcats by 4 in a barn burner.

Best of luck to both!
Torn in this one. Would like to see SV win it, but wouldn't mind seeing BMR go to Rupp one last time. I'm just going to enjoy this one.
Gotta go with the Tigers in a close one by 6.
NYY10 Wrote:To tell the truth if Paintsville plays like they did againts Belfry in the first half then Valley will open up a lead and may be to hard to climb back up. But Paintsville really didn't impressed me much tonight. I will say Valley by 6.
Good luck to both team.
Get em Cats

To tell the truth if Valley plays like they did against P-BURG!!!!!, in the first half, then Valley may be in trouble. SV didn't impress me much in the first half. Look dude ...that is just the way it goes. Paintsville got that BIG monkey off their back tonight. They got the win and the bad game out of the way. So All i gotta say is Valley better be ready. Cause Paintsville has nothing to loose. They haven't been there and nobody from your way expects them to. So they are good to go right now. Look for a different team come Monday night. I know I will. They are ready!!!! Go Tigers!!!
BlueStripes Wrote:Well i think every team does, thats how they score points! :Thumbs:

LOL Good catch!!! I really meant that they live and die on their threes. Wink
I still think Paintsville is the best team in the region. They have the best player & the best coach. Those are 2 hard things to over come. Valley scores mainly off there press in the games I have seen and I don't think their press will be that effective against the Tigers. Everyone Paintsville puts on the floor can handle the ball. Valley's ideal situation would be to be aggressive and try to get P'ville in foul trouble. Valley's bench is far better than Paintsville's. I don't think it will be real high scoring. Alot of times in tournaments (espically region) teams tighten up a little and more of the focus is on defense.

I'll go with any team coached by BMR:

Paintsville: 64
Shelby Valley: 59

Good Luck to both.
I was just noticing that the upper bracket, ERHS/JCHS have a combined record of 30-30. The lower bracket, PHS/SVHS have a combined record of 51-7

Both games should be great in their own rights.
The Guru Wrote:I was just noticing that the upper bracket, ERHS/JCHS have a combined record of 30-30. The lower bracket, PHS/SVHS have a combined record of 51-7

Both games should be great in their own rights.

That actually says alot about the tournament.