Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What's Really Wrong with Sheldon Clark?
thanks allenator 10 for that last remark but I think's its evident that 318 mag is one of the seven merry assistant coaches since they did not respond to my last post. One thing I can be sure is Hammond never cursed his kids and did not blame them for the 06 loss to Central. Maybe someone wants to make Harless feel better by trying to downgrade Hammond. We are way past the point of pointing out what is wrong with Sheldon Clark, and that is simple, Harless and his band of assistants. I hope who ever has that petition at Monday's game brings it to me because I will sign it ever how many times I can because the man needs to ride off in the suset and retire and leave coaching to someone that knows it.:beavis: :google: :****happe
allenator_10 Wrote:i agree 100% Hammond always had his kids ready even last year when they where young they still played hard and they acted like they wanted to play...now they don't even try it seems likes.....and i believe that the reason that harless doesn't play the kids Hammond did is because it will prove that Hammond was on the right track and could have done something with this program....i wish Hammond was back he was a heck of alot better than harless
So thats why Hammonds only had 1 winning season as head coach and never won more than six the other years...you need to get your facts straight for you get on here and start blasting coaches...By the way the kids that started last year under hammonds are starting this year under harless...no change....have you even seen schs play this year??????????????you are clueless!!!!!!!!!!
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:No, but I know for a fact that he blamed them for their district tournament loss against Central in '06 and cursed them out! We were ahead by 15 at half time (or something like that....I don't exactly remember) and when Central started their run to take over the game he did not call ONE timeout. I'm a cheerleader and if I were the coach I would have known to do that! When Hammond was the coach, all I heard was negative about the ball team and other than 2004 it's not like they won any more games than they do now. It seemed like we always lost other than in 04. But look at the boys that played that year. JR coached 6 OTHER years than that. No matter who the coach is, people are going to complain, COMPLAIN, COMPLAIN!

UHM im positive that he did not curse us out i was there
so don't give me that stuff
Well I heard from a player's dad.....he could have exaggerated, but JR did blame you guys and that's why a certain player left!

I dunno why everyone wants him back now, all they did was complain when he was there. If anyone wants to complain about getting a new coach, they should complain about the applicants that weren't hired rather than going back to another person that had the same record.
Rick Pitino or Billy Clyde could have applied for the job but they would not have even been considered as we knew that Harless was getting it , especially since he waited until 15 minutes before the deadline to apply was over. Thats the only reason he came aboard to help with the girls team and the girls coach then had to know because rumors of Hammond's dismissal were everwhere. As far as complining about the applicants that did not get the job, lets look at just one, Jim Bo Hicks, who is at Bath County and last look he was 18 - 5 at a school never known for its basketball. That seems to be the man that should have gotten the job but its no secret from what I have heard is that the principal was threatened with her job if she did not recommend Harless for the job. You guys keep worshipping Harless and see where it leads, certainly not to a winning season or a district title anytime soon.:beavis: :kneel:
allenator_10 Wrote:no i know a h*** of a lot more than you do...maybe we should buy u some soap so u can wash your brown nose....any one who knows anything would see that Harless has done nothing for the program, except put it deeper in demise....coach Hammonds was done worst than i have ever seen....that was very unjust....it wasn't fair to him, his family, or the kids on that team....i wish him the best of luck...and as for Harless please if you read this do the right thing and quit do everyone in the county a big favor....cause you hav done nothing but disappoint....as for you 318mag......just stop writing cause you have no idea....so you should ask yourself how much you know before you question me and the master...

ha ha ...lol...you are excatly rite harless and his amigos should quit asap which will be tuesday...but if you get a qulified coach this mess dosent happen and for those who say he's qulified if so why'd he put his appliction in 10 before the deadline
who knows?
RedSeal Wrote:who knows?
Everyone knows what is wrong
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
08_#14 Wrote:So thats why Hammonds only had 1 winning season as head coach and never won more than six the other years...you need to get your facts straight for you get on here and start blasting coaches...By the way the kids that started last year under hammonds are starting this year under harless...no change....have you even seen schs play this year??????????????you are clueless!!!!!!!!!!

yea....that maybe so he might have had only winning season, but everyone on his team knew who the coach was, and they played with heart...also no its not the same lineups....and yea ive seen them play, how bout you? and before you start critizing me, what has happened this season no better than the last couple years. but everyone has there own thoughts.
The Zen Master Wrote:thanks allenator 10 for that last remark but I think's its evident that 318 mag is one of the seven merry assistant coaches since they did not respond to my last post. One thing I can be sure is Hammond never cursed his kids and did not blame them for the 06 loss to Central. Maybe someone wants to make Harless feel better by trying to downgrade Hammond. We are way past the point of pointing out what is wrong with Sheldon Clark, and that is simple, Harless and his band of assistants. I hope who ever has that petition at Monday's game brings it to me because I will sign it ever how many times I can because the man needs to ride off in the suset and retire and leave coaching to someone that knows it.:beavis: :google: :****happe

no problem master...lol....and no hammonds never did that...he was a good coach and a even better person....
Fanatic Wrote:I usually sit behind the bench at SC games. I hear one coach always making suggestions to Harless....put so & so in, give so & so a break, lets try man-to-man because the zone isn't working...things like that. The problem is that Harless ignores him. During the Paintsville game, this coach got a little upset because the SC boys were getting beat to death and he got a technical. Coach Harless told Larry James to "get him out of here". What head coach treats his assistant like that? I could understand if he did this all the time but Coach Allen is very level headed. What he did needed to be done and if Harless wouldn't do it, then more power to Allen. The sad thing is that I heard Allen was going to step down at the end of the season.
And while we are talking about assistant coaches, what about a certain assistant, who is a volunteer, who has home-schooled his children. If Martin County schools are good enough for his kids, what business does he have trying to tell the SC ball players what to do.
:mad:

I totally agree....we do have a few coaches that are good... Allen is very respectful of his players as is raymond horn and gary...but for others (HARLESS, JAMES, MOSSy) they are terrible! they're only worried about making superstars which in sheldon clarks case...there is none!
Yota Wrote:Is meade a senior? If he is then harless is trying to build for the next year. If he aint he should be playing more. They seem to play that stroud boy more than dustin which I dont really agree with, because stroud seems to play out of control an force some shots.

Stroud is a great player! But Meade deserves alot more playing time...i AGREE! There are others who force to many shots that are way out of control that need to be on the bench!
*SC*Cards*FaNaTiC* Wrote:Well I heard from a player's dad.....he could have exaggerated, but JR did blame you guys and that's why a certain player left!

I dunno why everyone wants him back now, all they did was complain when he was there. If anyone wants to complain about getting a new coach, they should complain about the applicants that weren't hired rather than going back to another person that had the same record.

Who left I dont remember?

I thought you said u knew for a fact? But ur info comes from a dad? Doesnt sound like a very good source to me...he wasnt in the locker room!
THEEYE Wrote:Who left I dont remember?

I thought you said u knew for a fact? But ur info comes from a dad? Doesnt sound like a very good source to me...he wasnt in the locker room!

I'm gonna guess he is talkin bout Crum.
Everyone in this thread need to seriously check themselves. I love JR Hammonds as a man, and as a ball coach, but what ultimately sealed his fate was the regional tourny loss to East Ridge in 2004. The score was something like 34-32, and was one of the ugliest games i have ever seen in person. Bottom line, if SC wins that one, they go on to win the region and advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Coach Hammonds would have been the most beloved man in Martin County and would have no worries about his future. Now he is gone, and Roger Harless, a former state champion as a head coach if I recall, is the head man for the Cards. He is a class act and a wonderful ball coach. SC has a total of 2, count em, 2 players that can be depended upon. One is an 8th grader. How is a coach supposed to win ball games when one of his 2 best players has not even finished 8th grade algebra.
corndog23 Wrote:Everyone in this thread need to seriously check themselves. I love JR Hammonds as a man, and as a ball coach, but what ultimately sealed his fate was the regional tourny loss to East Ridge in 2004. The score was something like 34-32, and was one of the ugliest games i have ever seen in person. Bottom line, if SC wins that one, they go on to win the region and advance to the Sweet Sixteen. Coach Hammonds would have been the most beloved man in Martin County and would have no worries about his future. Now he is gone, and Roger Harless, a former state champion as a head coach if I recall, is the head man for the Cards. He is a class act and a wonderful ball coach. SC has a total of 2, count em, 2 players that can be depended upon. One is an 8th grader. How is a coach supposed to win ball games when one of his 2 best players has not even finished 8th grade algebra.
I think it was evident the refs weren't gonna let anyone else win the region but East Ridge after Valley got beat out. Say what you want about Harless, bottom line is his boys don't play hard for him like they did Hammond. Hammond got everything outta his players. I'm not even a Sheldon Clark fan and I can see that.
This message sounds like it was written by the " sports editor" at the Citizen who thinks he is a sports writer but can't write ( just look at the illiterate message) or even drive a car! He has had a PERSONAL grudge against Coach Harless from back when Harless coached at SCHS in the 90's ( two district championships in 4 years). He printed lies about Roger regularly and tried to get parents and fans against him then. - Hickman sucked up to Roger later when he was at Tug Valley. Roger forgave him and tried to be good to him because Coach Harless is a christian. Then, when Coach came back to SCHS, Hickman attacked him again with a smear campaign! Harless knows more basketball in his fingernail than Hickman will ever know. When coach Hammonds was losing game after game for 7 years Hickman said NOTHING despite losing records every year! Last year Hammonds won 6 games despite having a very good big man. Harless has won 11 games this year with essentially no good players. His best player is an 8th grader! Everyone who has seen the games knows that. What Harless has done this year will set the team on a winning path and jealous people in Martin Co. hate that. Harless can not be told who to play by the superintendant or parents or Hickman. He plays the best players he has regardless of age, or class. I know it must be hard for an upperclassman to see a younger player play ahead of him, but if he was a good player he could recognize the greater skill and time put in by the younger player and work harder to out play him instead of crying!
Where is your evidence Tug Valley was happy to see Harless leave? You know it might be that an assistant was out to undermine him there and get his job. One of them did get his job and where is Tug Valley now? Nowhere to compare with the power house level Harless had them at. Harless is on very friendly terms with all his former players at TV and the parents respect him greatly. I know because I know them. Harless left T.V. because of having to have surgery as you should know because it was in the paper.
This is so dumb. Do you really think SCHS pays seven asst. coaches? Only James and Allen are paid. TWO assistants. - Horn is freshman coach. M. Horn is a volunteer but knows more basketball than anyone in the county. He was starting guard at Inez years ago under Billy Ray Cassady. Kirk and Gause are volunteer helpers but experienced players and former athletes. They have done everything for these boys. They fixed up their dressing room, got the floor painted, worked consessions, took kids to practice, got them a free whirlpool donated etc. All because they want to help the boys. They don't pretend to have any coaching authority. They just try to be of help. How ungrateful some people are.
"Harless wants the team to be poster boys for how the game is played " Well, yeah shouldn't they be? That was the whole problem at SCHS in the past years. They were posters for how the game should NOT be played! LOL You are funny. Playing "physical" is OK but playing as out of control thugs is not. That is what the coach means.
Because Paintsville tends to hit you when you are not looking...like the elbow to Steven Goble's head that gave him a concussion. Can't you see the difference in winning fair and winning no matter the cost? Maybe Coach Harless has the experience and wisdom to know the difference. You should listen to him.
Harless has never and will never play politics. The principal recommended the BEST candidate. Blackburn hired the BEST and by far most QUALIFIED candidate for coach and anyone that says that is not true can't prove it by facts. The Board of Ed warned Hammond that if he didn't win more games he would be fired two years ago. He didn't. I just want everyone reading this stuff to know that many people are still loyal to the former coach and wish and pray for the Cards not to succeed because of jealousy.
That's right... but that will be changing now at SCHS cause they have a coach now that works harder than anyone else.
SCHS press? LOL, now that's funny. That shows your lack of knowledge. They are SLOW. 10 or 12 deep ? They are not even 1 deep. Harless has done miracles with what he has this year. I'm not blaming the boys either. If Coach had gotten them sooner he could have made them into players. As it is it looks to me the players are inconsistent and Coach has to juggle the players in each positions just to get 40 minutes of descent play out of them. None of the players on the bench are any better. You can't learn to play basketball in one year. He can build on what he taught them this year and next year they may be able to compete every time out.
You said it brother. That should make it obvious they bench is not strong.
Where is your proof that the Superintendant hired Harless just to play his son? That is a slanderous statement about both gentlemen who are obviously better men that you. Everybody knows NOBODY tells Harless who to play. The Super certainly would NOT have hired Harless if he wanted someone he could order about. Harless is the one who has always been VICTIMIZED by political hiring in Martin Co. He worked incredibly hard as a winning asst. coach at SCHS for 20 years and was passed over time after time in favor of political hires because Harless didn't play politics! Just because Blackburn has kids is no reason to say he has hired anyone because of them. Anyway, Doesn't his boy have just as much right to work hard and play as any other kid. I think the boy has a back problem and is not even able to play. --- Why do you keep saying Harless was not Qualified? If Harless is not qualified , Rice is certainly not qualified having been only an assistant. What if Blackburn had a daughter? Would you say Rice was hired to play her? It looks like you have a personal grudge against Harless. What do you think he has he done to you?
Yeah, the asst. coach's losing his cool and getting a technical gave Paintsville the chance to put put SCHS out of the game and made our own players loose their cool too. Coach Runyons was hoping to get in SCHS's heads and that allowed him to do it. That's why Coach Harless had told everybody to keep their cool. Harless has had much experience coaching against Runyons. You don't know much about basketball and nothing about coaching.
Weight room and running don't give you basketball skill. Are you talking about the ones that came out to play the day football ended? Don't you think it's a little late to try to play basketball by then? The others had been playing and learning a while.
Hickman prints lies- that's probably why the publisher stopped him. I know Harless gave Hickman shoes, caps that had been given to him as samples and stuff like samples left over when he was at T.V. Hickman took them. Harless doesn't give him anything now. Hickman hates Harless - don't believe anything he says. I heard him cheering AGAINST the Cards during the Paintsville game. He is part of what's wrong with Martin Co. sports. He would hate to see SCHS succeed.
You know Harless is a christian man and has never in his whole life cursed anyone.