Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: What's Really Wrong with Sheldon Clark?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
as you know over the past few weeks Sheldon Clark basketball has went down hill tremendously. during the first 6 or 7 games it appeared that they were really clicking, and ready to compete for the 57th district. but since the home win over Johnson Central where the team looked to be jelling, it seems that the team and mainly the coaching staff has lost focus. question who is sc coach? is it Roger Harless, or how about Mossy Horn, or Gary gauze, is it Philip kirk or Larry James, Bobby Allen, or is it Raymond Horn how many "so called coaches" do you really need. I thought you had to be employed by the b.o.e.l to be on the coaching staff. if you don't have to be, then why didn't Ronnie Smith get the coaching job at the middle school. is the b.o.e. talking out of both sides of there mouth. as a loyal fan of schs i could see from where im sitting that the moral of the team is down, the coaching staff is failing to motivate the players, the bench is not being utilized thus causing the team in the mist of the game causing them to become fatigued. costing them Vidal wins on the season. its clear that Sheldon Clark basketball program is in great demise. is it possible that roger harless and his coaching staff is not for martin co basketball. could it be he that he don't believe in his own comments, " running talent away from martin co." with his own comment that he would have a better team minus his juniors and seniors. those words may have come back to haunt him. as I've heard through the grape vine. the freshman that he has risked so much for, caused an incident at the Williamson game. that escalded into a ruckus in the dressing room. involving him a sophomore and asst. coach Larry James in which James physically assaulted and cursed the young sophomore in harless presents. this type of behavior should be unacceptable by the b.o.e. and the parents of athletes of martin co. it appears that the program has fell flat on its face under the Harless rain. i feel that he and his staff should do the honorable deed and bow out gracefully. and maybe just maybe the b.o.e. will save the historic the basketball program by hiring a qualified coach. :devilflam :devilflam :ChairHit: :ChairHit:
They need J.R. Hammond back..
allenator_10 Wrote:as you know over the past few weeks Sheldon Clark basketball has went down hill tremendously. during the first 6 or 7 games it appeared that they were really clicking, and ready to compete for the 57th district. but since the home win over Johnson Central where the team looked to be jelling, it seems that the team and mainly the coaching staff has lost focus. question who is sc coach? is it Roger Harless, or how about Mossy Horn, or Gary gauze, is it Philip kirk or Larry James, Bobby Allen, or is it Raymond Horn how many "so called coaches" do you really need. I thought you had to be employed by the b.o.e.l to be on the coaching staff. if you don't have to be, then why didn't Ronnie Smith get the coaching job at the middle school. is the b.o.e. talking out of both sides of there mouth. as a loyal fan of schs i could see from where im sitting that the moral of the team is down, the coaching staff is failing to motivate the players, the bench is not being utilized thus causing the team in the mist of the game causing them to become fatigued. costing them Vidal wins on the season. its clear that Sheldon Clark basketball program is in great demise. is it possible that roger harless and his coaching staff is not for martin co basketball. could it be he that he don't believe in his own comments, " running talent away from martin co." with his own comment that he would have a better team minus his juniors and seniors. those words may have come back to haunt him. as I've heard through the grape vine. the freshman that he has risked so much for, caused an incident at the Williamson game. that escalded into a ruckus in the dressing room. involving him a sophomore and asst. coach Larry James in which James physically assaulted and cursed the young sophomore in harless presents. this type of behavior should be unacceptable by the b.o.e. and the parents of athletes of martin co. it appears that the program has fell flat on its face under the Harless rain. i feel that he and his staff should do the honorable deed and bow out gracefully. and maybe just maybe the b.o.e. will save the historic the basketball program by hiring a qualified coach. :devilflam :devilflam :ChairHit: :ChairHit:

i agree 100% with you. The BOE should ask Harless and James to step down it is evident that they have lost control....They should encourage their team not discourage. But when you overlook qualified coaches that's what happens. As always in Martin County it's who you know not what you know!!!!!!!! With that being said, I was willing to give Coach Harless a chance with this team, but he has proven that he does not have the leadership capabilities to be head coach. Maybe someone should have talked to the staff and parents from Tug Valley before hiring him, word has it that they were thrilled to see him leave, that should tell you something...
allenator_10 Wrote:as you know over the past few weeks Sheldon Clark basketball has went down hill tremendously. during the first 6 or 7 games it appeared that they were really clicking, and ready to compete for the 57th district. but since the home win over Johnson Central where the team looked to be jelling, it seems that the team and mainly the coaching staff has lost focus. question who is sc coach? is it Roger Harless, or how about Mossy Horn, or Gary gauze, is it Philip kirk or Larry James, Bobby Allen, or is it Raymond Horn how many "so called coaches" do you really need. I thought you had to be employed by the b.o.e.l to be on the coaching staff. if you don't have to be, then why didn't Ronnie Smith get the coaching job at the middle school. is the b.o.e. talking out of both sides of there mouth. as a loyal fan of schs i could see from where im sitting that the moral of the team is down, the coaching staff is failing to motivate the players, the bench is not being utilized thus causing the team in the mist of the game causing them to become fatigued. costing them Vidal wins on the season. its clear that Sheldon Clark basketball program is in great demise. is it possible that roger harless and his coaching staff is not for martin co basketball. could it be he that he don't believe in his own comments, " running talent away from martin co." with his own comment that he would have a better team minus his juniors and seniors. those words may have come back to haunt him. as I've heard through the grape vine. the freshman that he has risked so much for, caused an incident at the Williamson game. that escalded into a ruckus in the dressing room. involving him a sophomore and asst. coach Larry James in which James physically assaulted and cursed the young sophomore in harless presents. this type of behavior should be unacceptable by the b.o.e. and the parents of athletes of martin co. it appears that the program has fell flat on its face under the Harless rain. i feel that he and his staff should do the honorable deed and bow out gracefully. and maybe just maybe the b.o.e. will save the historic the basketball program by hiring a qualified coach. :devilflam :devilflam :ChairHit: :ChairHit:

Most of those people you named are decent folks, but dont know crap about basketball. I talked with a guy from Martic Co. last week and he said quote: "I would burn my house down and move before my child played for Roger Harless". You will see more kids leave. As for Ronnie Smith, you wont find a better person and role model for kids. He was in it for the right reasons, he loved coaching and being around the players.
Redneck Wrote:They need J.R. Hammond back..
Careful what you wish for!

At Paintsville, it is required that you have a couple more than you have players on the floor with NO assocation with the BOE. Wink
Whats really wrong with Sheldon Clark ? Fans who start threads like this!
I don't know if there is anything wrong with SC basketball right now. I do think however that the talent level is up to par with Martin County basketball of old. In the 40's, 50's, 60, Martin county was the hot bed for basketball in the state of Ky. Inez and Warfield always had good quality teams. Inez had a state championship in the 40's and again in 1954 I believe. The had at least one state runner up. I think when the consolidation, Inez & Warfield, occured that the people never really got behind SC as a whole. Before there were two communities with great basketball traditions. I just don't think these two communities reallly jelled into one for the support of SC High. In the 70's there was some really good talent that came through the doors ther and had some good teams. Don't know why they never did get it together at SC. Some people say it's the coaches they have had. Some say it's not getting the really good athlete out for basketball. Some good players have transfered to different schools during this time period. I don't really know why, maybe the really good athletes there choose to play different sports and not participate in basketball anymore. Who really knows. All I can tell you is that long ago Inez and Warfield had as good a teams as anyone in the 15th reg.
Buck Creek hill has seperated that county since the beginning of time. There used to be 7 Grade schools in the county up to eighth grade. You had 35 players coming into the high school with some sort of basketball experience. Now you have one school with 5 players feeding the high school. I think that has alot to do with it. Also, people can say what they want, but coaches have played politics there for as long as I can remember.
BCLions Wrote:Careful what you wish for!

Wouldn't have traded J.R for 15 Roger Harless's, but I don't make the decisions. The assistants are a complete joke, Larry James should be fired just for the JV incident Saturday at Williamson. If it would have been my kid James would be gone or SC would have been full of lawyers today. I know now why Tug Valley fans rejoiced when Harless stepped down half way thru the season a few years ago.
Also as for running talent away, I spoke to Brady Horn"s dad and Justin Porter's dad over the weekend at games and was told that Horn's house is for sale and Porter was moving to live with his dad in Johnson Co. as soon as the season ends. The Cards lose Goble, Mollette, Hensley, Stroud, Marcum to graduation this year so where will they be without Horn and Porter next year?
318mag Wrote:Whats really wrong with Sheldon Clark ? Fans who start threads like this!

let me tell you something thats not the problem in martin co. people and fans would be behind the team if they did everything the right way. i have no dog in the fight. its just sad when kids and parents waste there time with this joke of a program. and you rag on me and my threads all the time dude you must be apart of the harless ragade. but if you aren't then you prob. don't know the half of it.

:thumpsup: :thumpsup:
I completely agree with allenator_10. 7 diffrent coaches is a bit to much. I just hope the team comes out good in the end. the seniors really want to finish the season on a good note.
devilhead Wrote:Also as for running talent away, I spoke to Brady Horn"s dad and Justin Porter's dad over the weekend at games and was told that Horn's house is for sale and Porter was moving to live with his dad in Johnson Co. as soon as the season ends. The Cards lose Goble, Mollette, Hensley, Stroud, Marcum to graduation this year so where will they be without Horn and Porter next year?

Im close to these two players and from what i know they have no intension on leaving Sc for there senior years.
devilhead Wrote:Also as for running talent away, I spoke to Brady Horn"s dad and Justin Porter's dad over the weekend at games and was told that Horn's house is for sale and Porter was moving to live with his dad in Johnson Co. as soon as the season ends. The Cards lose Goble, Mollette, Hensley, Stroud, Marcum to graduation this year so where will they be without Horn and Porter next year?

............i hope the case is that they stay cause they are both excellent ballplayers and young men. but i too have spoken to there fathers and they are both displeased about the coaching staff and how they have handled the whole program over the entire season.....

.......but through my sources and what I've been told from several former players and parents of players from tug valley that they where extremely pleased to see him go. if thats the case..........

...........also the post you made about the james incident from what i know is that nothing is going to be done about it, he will keep his job and no punishment is gonna be handed out to the boys, all except the sophomore quitting. which you can't much blame him, yea if that would have been my kid they may have had to get some lawyers on me....lol.....and the head coach "harless" is only gonna bury his head in the sand and hope it will all go away..
it appears that harless and his coaching staff wants the team to be poster boys for the way you play the game and sportsmanship "not play physical" they seem to be pleased with the referees to say it was a pleasure to referee your game and the opposing coaches to shake his hand after yet another lost and say you played well. if it was all about your image and if you were polite and how you played then why the heck do you even keep the score.
allenator_10 Wrote:it appears that harless and his coaching staff wants the team to be poster boys for the way you play the game and sportsmanship "not play physical" they seem to be pleased with the referees to say it was a pleasure to referee your game and the opposing coaches to shake his hand after yet another lost and say you played well. if it was all about your image and if you were polite and how you played then why the heck do you even keep the score.

i agree i was told this statement was said and if ture why do you want to be a high school coach.. this is the type of attitude that i would expect a bitty ball coach to have you cant play to please everyone you play to win the game..harless says he dosent want to play like p-villie why not there the winingest program in the last 15 years in this region seems to work for them
Their young...
uhavenoidea Wrote:Their young...

it dosent matter there running everyone off apperantly and if they are so young why do they only go 6 or 7 men deep
IntheZone Wrote:it dosent matter there running everyone off apperantly and if they are so young why do they only go 6 or 7 men deep

What does going 6 or 7 men deep have to do with age or grade?
uhavenoidea Wrote:What does going 6 or 7 men deep have to do with age or grade?

if there young players are so good why dont he bring em up so he dont jus have to have a 6or 7 man rotation :thumpsup: dont you agree because apperantly the 11th grades sitting on the bench couldnt get the job done
318mag Wrote:Whats really wrong with Sheldon Clark ? Fans who start threads like this!

HahaSmile
All the people that get on here and say Geez, what is the problem at SC. Why cant we win more games than we do. Lets just blame this on the coaching staff and hope they will quit and we'll get a new coach and then we'll be a good team. Guess what guys, it dont work like that. I'll be blunt with you, the problem at SC is that there's not any basketball player's on the team. Not saying they dont have a few decent athletes but no bball players. Sheldon Clark has had 1 true basketball player in the last 8 years. What do they due to make theirself better players. Martin County people that truly enjoy athletics still better hope that the few athletes that we've had over the last couple year's breed and breed fast.
Prep Star Wrote:All the people that get on here and say Geez, what is the problem at SC. Why cant we win more games than we do. Lets just blame this on the coaching staff and hope they will quit and we'll get a new coach and then we'll be a good team. Guess what guys, it dont work like that. I'll be blunt with you, the problem at SC is that there's not any basketball player's on the team. Not saying they dont have a few decent athletes but no bball players. Sheldon Clark has had 1 true basketball player in the last 8 years. What do they due to make theirself better players. Martin County people that truly enjoy athletics still better hope that the few athletes that we've had over the last couple year's breed and breed fast.

SC has alot of athletic players and and very good "bball" players. They could have won a couple more games but got plagued by injuries through the entire season.
my thought what is wrong with is Markey Mark. He wanted Hammond fired just so he could bring in Harless and his merry band of assistants, which at last count numbered seven. One would think out of that group they could find a good coach. Its easy to see that Harless likes to play politics but we will continue to lose as long as politics dominates the scene. Harless, the athletic director and superintendent all worked together to get Hammond out. Look at the football program, it wins because there is a goood coach on board. The girls basketball program is much better with Rice at the helm, where as Harless was there last year and the team underachived. Martin County sports and politics go hand in hand and has for a long time and nothing will ever change. There was other more qualifed candidated for the SCHS job, but the same old song and dance routine was pullled and the people suffering from this are the players, parents and fans Cool
Cards_12 Wrote:SC has alot of athletic players and and very good "bball" players. They could have won a couple more games but got plagued by injuries through the entire season.
SC dont have one good basketball player. Like I said they have few decent athletes which dont do much for ya when you get this far in the season. Ask someone who knows basketball and they'll tell you the deifference between a player and an athlete.
Prep Star Wrote:SC dont have one good basketball player. Like I said they have few decent athletes which dont do much for ya when you get this far in the season. Ask someone who knows basketball and they'll tell you the deifference between a player and an athlete.

Evedently you don't. I would say that SC has several decent basketball players, but they are not athletic enough. They only have a few kids that can really run and jump, that you could call "athletic"
The Zen Master Wrote:my thought what is wrong with is Markey Mark. He wanted Hammond fired just so he could bring in Harless and his merry band of assistants, which at last count numbered seven. One would think out of that group they could find a good coach. Its easy to see that Harless likes to play politics but we will continue to lose as long as politics dominates the scene. Harless, the athletic director and superintendent all worked together to get Hammond out. Look at the football program, it wins because there is a goood coach on board. The girls basketball program is much better with Rice at the helm, where as Harless was there last year and the team underachived. Martin County sports and politics go hand in hand and has for a long time and nothing will ever change. There was other more qualifed candidated for the SCHS job, but the same old song and dance routine was pullled and the people suffering from this are the players, parents and fans Cool

u cant say it any better than that nice post. i agree with you 100%......

.....................as for you prep star yeah they have b-ball players but there not being utilized. you know thats why were talking about this because the fans know we have good players the players know we have good players and everyone that is associated with the basketball program knows it, but until we get someone in here who cares about it and not be a yes man "that means play who ever the superintendent tells them too" than its just gonna be the same ol crap.
devilhead Wrote:Evedently you don't. I would say that SC has several decent basketball players, but they are not athletic enough. They only have a few kids that can really run and jump, that you could call "athletic"
Who on that team is a basketball player. I've only watched them 3 or 4 times but never really seen anyone with the mental aspect along with the ability to play. Just because you got 2 or 3 kids that can run from half court without dribbling and dunk a basketball dont mean there ballers. If some of them kids would focus more on their J or even work on there handles then I promise it will help them alot more than dunking.
Prep Star Wrote:Who on that team is a basketball player. I've only watched them 3 or 4 times but never really seen anyone with the mental aspect along with the ability to play. Just because you got 2 or 3 kids that can run from half court without dribbling and dunk a basketball dont mean there ballers. If some of them kids would focus more on their J or even work on there handles then I promise it will help them alot more than dunking.

shoot theres an 8th grader on that team that can just as good as anyone in this district and dont tell me that goble dosent have a jumper i watch every game and its on of the most consistint in the region so dont tell me sheldon clark has no ball players
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5