Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne Bobcats '08
Don't forget Chemistry! As well as fundamentals!!!!! Gotta do the little things Bobcats.
Well its always been an easy win 4 us but we use 2 suck so i know how u feel... powell county
one more thing and we will move on, betsy layne brought some line and both touchdowns scored were on linemen to be players. Some players that are lineman came to the game to get some exercise in.

The administration supports the football program. As for the community, they will come around, hopefully.

good luck bobcats
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Don't forget Chemistry! As well as fundamentals!!!!! Gotta do the little things Bobcats.

Very true.
I've heard that the betsy layne bobcats have added a few more players during the off season than what is being listed....i've heard that they have added the help of one senior from Pike Central, who is he? & will he be of any help to the Bobcat's season in '08?
I'm not from around this county,district,what ever it is... I would also like to see why everyone thinks they are so much better than bl i think by what i here that B.L has a coach that cares for the program in Parsons so i think that everyone should stop caring so much on past statistics but on whats to come in the future because from what i've read has pretty much made my head hurt very bad..who is south floyd i have'nt heard about them down here only thing i've heard about this district is B.L and P-ville, and some bigger schools out of district like Pike Central & Belfry and I hope that B.L puts it on South Floyd or what ever you call them Because that may keep who ever it is to keep from looking in the past because that does'nt matter anymore they had better be looking ahead.
H.S Football fanatic Wrote:I'm not from around this county,district,what ever it is... I would also like to see why everyone thinks they are so much better than bl i think by what i here that B.L has a coach that cares for the program in Parsons so i think that everyone should stop caring so much on past statistics but on whats to come in the future because from what i've read has pretty much made my head hurt very bad..who is south floyd i have'nt heard about them down here only thing i've heard about this district is B.L and P-ville, and some bigger schools out of district like Pike Central & Belfry and I hope that B.L puts it on South Floyd or what ever you call them Because that may keep who ever it is to keep from looking in the past because that does'nt matter anymore they had better be looking ahead.

Okay there Betsy Layne Fanatic......I mean H.S. Football fanatic. Big Grin
sorry there, but betsy layne fanatic is a parent, so relax, dont know who high school fanatic is, but thats funny.
For the record, I have it on very good sources that the 4.5 40 in question was a 4.7
EKUAlum05 Wrote:For the record, I have it on very good sources that the 4.5 40 in question was a 4.7

That sounds more like the BL I know.
ekualum, thats kind of a shame that their a couple good things about the bobcats were being said and you bring up old stuff that isnt true but are negative. So I am going to call out your source, if your so sure, why dont you tell me who your source is, pm, it doesnt matter. I like proving people wrong.
Who is the kid from P.C? Will he help the Bobcats in 08? What positions does he play?
How did Betsy Layne fair in those passing league games they were supposed to have coming up?
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:ekualum, thats kind of a shame that their a couple good things about the bobcats were being said and you bring up old stuff that isnt true but are negative. So I am going to call out your source, if your so sure, why dont you tell me who your source is, pm, it doesnt matter. I like proving people wrong.

PM has been sent

I never once said anything negative, just didn't want the wrong information being out.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:So lets hear it, how do you think the bobcats will do in 08. The have been lifting since December with 25 kids. Whats everyones thoughts???
They need to work on there speed. speed is one of the most important things a football team can have.
id like to wish the bobcats a great season next year, its seems as if they finally have a good mindset towards their program and want to try and make it better. hard work will pay off, so from whats been said on here keep it up and great things will happen!! =]
I will say I was wrong about the 40, I was going with what the players say, not the coach, when I asked the coach today he said 4.7. I will admit I was wrong.

I have seen the pike central kid, his name is brendan watkins. He didnt play last year but he did play two years before that. He looks like he could be a DE, DT and on offense maybe OL or TE. But he does look good and works real hard.
betsylayne fanatic Wrote:I will say I was wrong about the 40, I was going with what the players say, not the coach, when I asked the coach today he said 4.7. I will admit I was wrong.

I have seen the pike central kid, his name is brendan watkins. He didnt play last year but he did play two years before that. He looks like he could be a DE, DT and on offense maybe OL or TE. But he does look good and works real hard.

No problem... the kid is still young, who knows, if he makes an active effort to improve his speed he could be a 4.5 guy after all.

I just wouldn't be so quick to "prove people wrong" in the future.
bigpun Wrote:So what you are saying is that it is Pikeville's fault that you can't play dead in a western? Schedule tough competition to get better, gets the kids out to play, and win some games. It is BL own fault from their past that they have more kids in the school than Pikeville and yet can barely field a team that is competitive.

i think alot to do with getting kids out to play any sport is what the school has to ofer.in many of the schools in pike,floyd and even mingo counties they don't have the facilities like pikeville,belfry and a few more schools.they a few schools in pike county that really needs to do something to improve thier sports facility.
chop1990 Wrote:i think alot to do with getting kids out to play any sport is what the school has to ofer.in many of the schools in pike,floyd and even mingo counties they don't have the facilities like pikeville,belfry and a few more schools.they a few schools in pike county that really needs to do something to improve thier sports facility.

The only Pike County school who I would consider to have a sub-standard facility is Phelps, and they are set to have renovations done soon.

Belfry, Pikeville, and Shelby Valley are three of the nicer facilities in the entire state, with the arguement being made that Belfry has the single nicest facility for a public school. You cant justifiably compare based on those schools because their facilities are above and beyond the norm. Pike Central and East Ridge are nowhere as nice as those three, but definately not anything to be ashamed of.

Mingo County= Horrbile facilities, but a new school is on the way
Floyd County= Pburg is very nice, all other Floyd County schools need some help.
Passing league tonight
Prestonsburg 3 Betsy Layne 0
Shelby Valley 0 Betsy Layne 0
Pound 2 Betsy Layne 0
Betsy Layne 1 Pike Central 0
Betsy Layne 0 Shelby Valley 2
Betsy Layne 1 Shelby Valley 0

The bobcats got some good work in, they got one more passing game which is Tuesday at Allen Central.
Who's the backfield for the Bobcats?
I would say the backfield would be Cody Mckay wideout from last year, Dylan Maldonado wideout from last year, and Jordan Hall fullback from last year.
Listen guys, I personally don't blame you all for doubting BL from the past years of not being able to preform on the field BUT you all are forgetting something. Coach Parsons is the first consistent coach since Derossett in the early 90s that is dedicated and will do anything for the program and is wanting to be in it for the long run. I know this cause I played for the guy last year and loved everything he and the coaching staff did. He's also the only one who has been dedicated enough to get his team in passing league games since Bush 4-5 years ago. Basically all im saying is give Parsons time to make things happen and it will happen. I wish the best of luck to the Bobcats.
whats B.Ls QB situation look like right now
WOW... sounds like the Bobcats will be the team to beat? A team fro Zero to Hero???:confused:
Betsy Layne is not saying they will win the state championship, but they are saying they are going to give everything they got everytime until the whistle blows.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:The only Pike County school who I would consider to have a sub-standard facility is Phelps, and they are set to have renovations done soon.

Belfry, Pikeville, and Shelby Valley are three of the nicer facilities in the entire state, with the arguement being made that Belfry has the single nicest facility for a public school. You cant justifiably compare based on those schools because their facilities are above and beyond the norm. Pike Central and East Ridge are nowhere as nice as those three, but definately not anything to be ashamed of.

Mingo County= Horrbile facilities, but a new school is on the way
Floyd County= Pburg is very nice, all other Floyd County schools need some help.

exactly my point.belfry is like a college campus and pikeville has had top of the line facilities since i played more than twenty years ago.look,all i'm saying is that kids want to play on nice fields.the one school you mentioned in pike county.i know for a fact the only thing that they have done to thier football field the past twenty years is paint the goal posts and get a new clock and that was donated. GOOD LUCK to all the area teams.from the consolidated 3A schools to the tiny 1A schools
I personally am impressed that a Betsy Layne Bobcats football thread has received this much attention!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This making the 119th post.
Good Luck On The Season Bobcats!!!!!