Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co vs Highlands
I have had a ball reading all of these posts. I'll be at the game Friday night and we'll find out who the best team is. I think I already know, but in fairness to the visitors, I'll give them a chance to prove they are better.
Boyle by 18
Wow! All the Buzz has died down. Everyone laying low or just busy?
If people talk football I'm in.

If people talk gibberish I'm out.
I'm going to say that Highlands is a very good team and come into Rebel Stadium and put up a good fight but are just not athletic enough to stop the Boyle Co offense or slow down their defense.

Rebels - 48
Bluebirds - 17
Don’t be fooled by the name. This isn’t the same highlands team from years ago that dominated. Rebs will beat them soundly.
Watched highlights of Boyle/CAL game and every passing TD the WR was open by 4-5 yards, did CAL defense look that way the whole game? Poor tackling too.
sstack Wrote:Watched highlights of Boyle/CAL game and every passing TD the WR was open by 4-5 yards, did CAL defense look that way the whole game? Poor tackling too.

The coverage isn't necessarily poor from CAL because of being out of position. It's just a matchup problem.

They had some issues at time tackling but that's because we butter our running backs hips.
Highlands teaches if possible. The first guy there tries to tackle ball. Then he hopes for help
Jack Lambert Wrote:Why don’t you go bother someone else on another thread, your dislike for Boyle is obvious if they had put a running clock on Trinity or Male last week you’d still only have negative comments about the Rebels.

This is true. However, Jack, you ALWAYS manage to mention Boyle in other threads that have NOTHING to do with Boyle. Is this the pot calling the kettle black, just from the other end of the spectrum? Confusedhh:
jumpshooter Wrote:This is true. However, Jack, you ALWAYS manage to mention Boyle in other threads that have NOTHING to do with Boyle. Is this the pot calling the kettle black, just from the other end of the spectrum? Confusedhh:

Discussions lead places. I don't care if someone mentions their school if it relates to this topic for some reason. As long as it isn't a lingering conversation.
FoSho Wrote:Discussions lead places. I don't care if someone mentions their school if it relates to this topic for some reason. As long as it isn't a lingering conversation.

Usually is when Jack mentions Boyle. Turns into a thread about the Rebels most every time. Not mad, just saying. Actually enjoy the passion in which yourself and Jack post about the Rebels. Love me some high school football.
jumpshooter Wrote:Usually is when Jack mentions Boyle. Turns into a thread about the Rebels most every time. Not mad, just saying. Actually enjoy the passion in which yourself and Jack post about the Rebels. Love me some high school football.

You got me confused with someone else, I have posted very little on any thread this year you need to go back and do some reading before you make false accusations, I don’t hi-jack other threads you can ask about any member on here.
Jack Lambert Wrote:You got me confused with someone else, I have posted very little on any thread this year you need to go back and do some reading before you make false accusations, I don’t hi-jack other threads you can ask about any member on here.

Relax Jack, he might be talking about me. But I don't post about Boyle County to purposely take over a thread. I would be posting about the Rebels because it was pertinent to the conversation or something I can relate to.
jumpshooter Wrote:This is true. However, Jack, you ALWAYS manage to mention Boyle in other threads that have NOTHING to do with Boyle. Is this the pot calling the kettle black, just from the other end of the spectrum? Confusedhh:

I think the reason Jack was upset with Woodsman is because he is always very negative towards Boyle County. I never go into another thread and bash the subject of the thread.
sstack Wrote:Watched highlights of Boyle/CAL game and every passing TD the WR was open by 4-5 yards, did CAL defense look that way the whole game? Poor tackling too.

I would say this has to do with play calling by the coach and route running by the young man and maybe a little but of speed to boot.
Thinking about changing my predictions making it a little closer game. Confusednicker:

One of the things that impressed me about Reese Smith is he is deceptively fast. A couple of times he caught the ball and is deceptively fast. Some DB's took what I thought were good angles but he just outran them.
Hatz Wrote:One of the things that impressed me about Reese Smith is he is deceptively fast. A couple of times he caught the ball and is deceptively fast. Some DB's took what I thought were good angles but he just outran them.

Hatz, back in the day I believe we called it game day speed.��

I think you’ve got Jack confused with someone else, he hardly ever post there’s a few of us been trying to get him to post more and he’s usually honest with his opinion whether it’s for or against the Rebels....
sstack Wrote:And you know this from watching both teams play? Tell me who Highlands best player is

I’m not picking sides in battles that aren’t mine. But I can say you’ve got the wrong person. Very rarely will jack bring up Boyle outside of a Boyle thread. Now there are some that do it almost religiously, but jack isn’t one of them.
FoSho Wrote:I think the reason Jack was upset with Woodsman is because he is always very negative towards Boyle County. I never go into another thread and bash the subject of the thread.

I most certainly am not negative towards Boyle county in the slightest! I hope those young men achieve all their goals and make fantastic memories that they will enjoy for a lifetime. I am however, negative towards adults who are ridiculously over involved in high school sports. It’s one thing to root for a team....it’s entirely another to be pompous and silly. Take that how you will.
I haven’t seen Boyle co. since 2009. But if Highlands O-line protects the QB like they did against Ryle, I’m going to have to say Boyle will win comfortably.
Woodsman Wrote:I most certainly am not negative towards Boyle county in the slightest! I hope those young men achieve all their goals and make fantastic memories that they will enjoy for a lifetime. I am however, negative towards adults who are ridiculously over involved in high school sports. It’s one thing to root for a team....it’s entirely another to be pompous and silly. Take that how you will.

Some people don't understand that others find these types of websites as entertainment and nothing else. Take that how you will.
I think Boyle will score at least 45 points
FoSho Wrote:Some people don't understand that others find these types of websites as entertainment and nothing else. Take that how you will.

They are entertaining sometimes but it’s according to which end your on.
Patriot1 Wrote:They are entertaining sometimes but it’s according to which end your on.

True but the real problem IMO is that some people get way too personal on here and use passive childish innuendos to make others uncomfortable. Just to try and "get a rise"!

It's pathetic.
Hatz Wrote:One of the things that impressed me about Reese Smith is he is deceptively fast. A couple of times he caught the ball and is deceptively fast. Some DB's took what I thought were good angles but he just outran them.

Hey, FoSho and Jack, Reese has family in Irvine! Heard he was considering a mid season transfer to the Engineers and he would be eligible immediately :biglmao:

We could only wish! lol
FoSho Wrote:If people talk football I'm in.

If people talk gibberish I'm out.

This may be the funniest post I seen yet. Self awareness is a rare trait.

Boyle by 2-3 TD’s.