Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co vs Highlands
Who ya have in this one???
Highlands and Boyle Co both have a huge test this coming Friday night.

I can hardly wait.
As recently as a few days ago I would have picked Highlands in this one, they were impressive against a very good Knoxville Catholic team...However after what Boyle did to CAL I'm gonna have to go with the Rebels, got no idea on the score I'd be very very surprised if its a running clock but I was shocked after checking scores Friday night too...
All I can say those bluebirds better stay hunkered down and not get flushed because these Rebels are coming with over and under shotguns loaded with birdshot. And the are very hungry and as always GO REBELS, just for you FoSho.
I don't see how Boyle can win. In all honesty it sounds like a toss up.
Hatz Wrote:I don't see how Boyle can win. In all honesty it sounds like a toss up.

Please expand on this, I'm very interested to hear your thoughts and reasoning.
If Boyle dosent put a running clock on Highlands, then they are not as good as most of their fan base thinks.
Boyle County is the real deal and I don’t see how people can dispute that after they dismantled Cal. They was the real deal before and will be the real deal after this Friday. I don’t see Highlands being able to keep up. Highlands is getting back to being good but there still not the all mighty Highlands of old and Boyle county is.

Boyle 49
Highlands 28
Best QB I have seen this year is Highlands Collin Hollingsworth with that said in a high scoring game. TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho

Boyle County 64
Highlands 42
64SUR Wrote:Best QB I have seen this year is Highlands Collin Hollingsworth with that said in a high scoring game. TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho Touchdown TongueirateSho

Boyle County 64
Highlands 42

Then you should really watch this game.

😎
FoSho Wrote:Then you should really watch this game.

😎

Wish I could because I believe after this game, I would be saying Boyle County QB Reed Lanter is the best. :Cheerlead
I wouldn't miss the Highlands game for nothing. I think the last time Chuck Smith's team played Highlands was for a state championship and he lost. I was at that game. I still think Boyle had the better team. But anyway, I think Chuck remembers that game and he will get his revenge this Friday.
Boyle 49-7
The only hope that Highlands has is to dominate the line of scrimmage and I don't expect that will happen. This game should be a very high scoring affair.
The Boyle Co OL took a huge leap forward vs CAL. They improved so much that it was very encouraging.

Both teams will certainly be jacked for this one.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:The only hope that Highlands has is to dominate the line of scrimmage and I don't expect that will happen. This game should be a very high scoring affair.

This Highlands team won’t quit, they looked like a bunch of 5th graders taking on a high school team that was loaded at every position vs the Knoxville Catholic team, but Boyle must have forgot this is football and not basketball, if they keep scoring like they have been then the scoreboards might as well put up a 100 lol but not in this game, Boyle wins by 14 . Final score 42-28.
Boyle just needs to win the game! Don’t care what the final score is, just get the W and walk away injury free.
plantmanky Wrote:If Boyle dosent put a running clock on Highlands, then they are not as good as most of their fan base thinks.

You do realize Highlands is extremely good, right? Running clock or no running clock will not determine anything. This Boyle County team is really good and they are the favorite but it doesn't have to be a running clock.
Hatz Wrote:I don't see how Boyle can win. In all honesty it sounds like a toss up.

Is that sarcasm so thick you could cut it with a knife that I’m hearing?
plantmanky Wrote:If Boyle dosent put a running clock on Highlands, then they are not as good as most of their fan base thinks.

Highlands is for real read my lips. :truestory:
Boyle County - 42
Highlands - 14
I know nothing about Boyle defense But Boyle will score several touchdowns on Highlands. I say Boyle by 3 touchdowns
bo67 Wrote:I know nothing about Boyle defense But Boyle will score several touchdowns on Highlands. I say Boyle by 3 touchdowns

I don’t know if we can judge because they’ve not played anybody as good as Highlands Offense. Rebels held CAL to 12 yards rushing but gave up 205 passing. Also surrendered 21 points on defense.
Hatz Wrote:I don’t know if we can judge because they’ve not played anybody as good as Highlands Offense. Rebels held CAL to 12 yards rushing but gave up 205 passing. Also surrendered 21 points on defense.

It doesn't mean anything that we give up some yards. The bottom line is that sometimes we choose to take away the other teams strength (last year vs LexCath and this year vs CAL) and sometimes play it straight up. Our staff is really good at game planning......we will have a plan and execute that plan.

I agree. What I’ve seen of highlands does not impress me all that much. If Boyle is the end all be all....they need to run the clock.
64SUR Wrote:Wish I could because I believe after this game, I would be saying Boyle County QB Reed Lanter is the best. :Cheerlead

Beau Allen is the best and it’s not close.
Would anyone from highland school or Boyle be willing to come on the podcast to talk about this one? Just shoot me a message on here
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
charlesw88 Wrote:You do realize Highlands is extremely good, right? Running clock or no running clock will not determine anything. This Boyle County team is really good and they are the favorite but it doesn't have to be a running clock.

What is highlands so good at? Asking for a friend.
Woodsman Wrote:Beau Allen is the best and it’s not close.

Lol
Woodsman Wrote:I agree. What I’ve seen of highlands does not impress me all that much. If Boyle is the end all be all....they need to run the clock.

First of all what kind of thinking is it that you have to run the clock on a top 5 5A team or you're not the "end all be all"?

And secondly how easy is it for you to say that? If we do run the clock, we were supposed to, if we don't, we suck.

Lol