Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle County 40 Corbin 21 (3A State Championship)
The Spread Wrote:Surprised that a moderator would allow a post with openly foul language to remain. Belfry may not get favorable calls on field, but it seems like they get extra leeway in here, as a couple of Mods are from there.

I don't think there's a reason to be that nasty. But hey, if it makes you feel better!

Back to the topic. Boyles backs so a great job of following blockers. Most backs aren't that disciplined, and their line was able to play on our side of the football.

Corbin could move the football on O, but simply could NOT get stops.

Boyle was impressive. I believe there's great potential for a rematch next year.

Boyle will move to east bracket next year with all this cross bracket stuff. So, if a rematch was to happen it would be in the semi finals.
The Spread Wrote:Surprised that a moderator would allow a post with openly foul language to remain. Belfry may not get favorable calls on field, but it seems like they get extra leeway in here, as a couple of Mods are from there.

I don't think there's a reason to be that nasty. But hey, if it makes you feel better!

Back to the topic. Boyles backs so a great job of following blockers. Most backs aren't that disciplined, and their line was able to play on our side of the football.

Boyle was impressive. I believe there's great potential for a rematch next year.

I’d say a rematch is more likely then not! Both teams had mostly underclassman on the field. It’d take a weird turn of event for me to not see a rematch next year. Losing Sizemore for us, is gonna hurt. But I think we’ll be ok
Boyle County played really good D in the 2nd half. They did not give up an offensive TD in the 2nd half. Boyle County usually squib kicks everytime when a team has returners like that. Boyle County was the better team and there was no doubt about it regardless what anyone says. Both teams are going to be good for several years!
Boyle was running 3 man fronts on Corbin, enough said.
smoke1015 Wrote:Either way, that was a nice play by that corner (or linebacker), I can't remember which now, to dislodget that ball. One of the biggest hits I'd seen put on a receiver this year. Corbin had a good DB hit on a Boyle kid later in the game, driving right through his stomach. Boyle is losing most of their O line, but man these guys are scary considering their skill kid's ages. That junior running back that came in late in the game was good enough to start for MOST teams in 3A football.

Pretty sure that was #15 the Smith kid that made the hit and somebody told me he stripped the ball it wasn’t just the hit so it should have been ruled a fumble and a TD for Corbin if that was the case. I know he played well on offense but love that kid on defense.
Credit where credit is due, Boyle County came out and put it on Corbins D. idk if I was the only one but I really didn't see that coming. Like in every game there were some calls that could have went either way, and momentum is a big thing in HS football, however thats not the way it was called on the field , we can would've could've and should've all day. Congrats to Boyle, still very proud of our boys. Thanks to Sizemore and the seniors that gave us 4 great years. The Hunt Continues. 15 games in 2018

206 yards total offense is not moving the ball. Now add a bunch of penalties and it looks like moving it but Corbin moved between the 20’s but got very little in the Red Zone.
[quote=Lake Trash]You got smoked! It could have been much worse. The penalty yards against BC were much greater than against Corbin. BC was the better team by a bunch

Boyle was the superior team, but two critical calls went against Corbin, that would have made the game more competitive, in my opionion. The missed call on the touchdown before the half, was a momentum killer. The kid caught the ball, as he crossed the goal line, but it was ruled incomplete. This would have made it a one possession game going into halftime. The second call that went against the Hounds was the third quarter interception that was ruled an incompletion. Clearly this was an interception, and another momentum killer. At the end of the day, Boyle was the better team, but I disagree with your statement that Boyle was the better team by a bunch.
Hatz Wrote:Thanks for clearing that up. My bad. I’m not a VIP like you 55! :biglmao:
That's what I thought too and in fact posted that in the car and everyone else was saying it was Smith so I changed my post in editing. I caught it over the PA on our way out of the stadium due to my ride needing to leave before the entire festivities were complete.
Cat Daddy Wrote:[quote=Lake Trash]You got smoked! It could have been much worse. The penalty yards against BC were much greater than against Corbin. BC was the better team by a bunch

Boyle was the superior team, but two critical calls went against Corbin, that would have made the game more competitive, in my opionion. The missed call on the touchdown before the half, was a momentum killer. The kid caught the ball, as he crossed the goal line, but it was ruled incomplete. This would have made it a one possession game going into halftime. The second call that went against the Hounds was the third quarter interception that was ruled an incompletion. Clearly this was an interception, and another momentum killer. At the end of the day, Boyle was the better team, but I disagree with your statement that Boyle was the better team by a bunch.

Actually I agree with the first call. It was a Corbin TD.

The INT was incomplete. A twitter pic shows ball hitting ground.

The calls would have made the score a little closer is all. Boyle kneeling on the last play kept it closer too.
Then you saw a different game than everyone else. Boyle was very much the superior team.
Lake Trash Wrote:That's what I thought too and in fact posted that in the car and everyone else was saying it was Smith so I changed my post in editing. I caught it over the PA on our way out of the stadium due to my ride needing to leave before the entire festivities were complete.

:Thumbs: Lanter was deserving but Smith played both sides of the ball and he had one of the best individual games I’ve seen in a title match.
Exactly , what was most shocking is that Boyle was a kick missed and kneeling from hanging 50 on a very good defense. ��
Haddix took over in 2014. This is the first group he’s had since freshman. 3 semis and a state runner up in that time frame. A monster junior class this year going forward. A feeder program that just made history in Kentucky. As upset as I am about this loss. The future is bright for the Hounds.
Hatz Wrote::Thumbs: Lanter was deserving but Smith played both sides of the ball and he had one of the best individual games I’ve seen in a title match.
I completely agree! Seemed logical to me as I changed it. The entire team played well and as others have stated, the Offensive Line was impressive as was the entire defensive unit.

The original posts have been edited for content. We make our best attempt to edit\delete posts as they are seen and as quickly as possible. If someone messages us and brings it to our attention, it will be addressed immediately.
BelfryPride Wrote:The original posts have been edited for content. We make our best attempt to edit\delete posts as they are seen and as quickly as possible. If someone messages us and brings it to our attention, it will be addressed immediately.
I didn't see anything that bad, but if it were edited, then perhaps I missed it? A little cursing every now and again is not necessarily a bad thing. I mean, look what is allowed on TV and the radio now? All-in-all seems to be fairly rare in here.
killbilly usmc Wrote:You and me both. And now that someone mentioned it they did let the play go on. I initially thought incomplete, but was tricked into thinking they where going to call it a fumble since they let it play on. Then they came in and called uncompleted.
Cam Maguet recovered it in the end zone for Corbin.
I picked my 3A champion right. I was hoping Corbin would win, but at least I picked my winner right.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Here we go , didn’t take long for the we got screwed to come out. You got your butt kick is what you got. You could have looked up and saw them hang 50 on you. Ball on 2 at end and two missed x point. You had a great season and have a great team. Hell, just learn how to be great fans.
Since I couldn't find any posts that said this, I was wondering if you had misinterpreted MY post. Since it is directly above yours'. If that's the case, will be glad to explain anything I said to you.

The rules must be applied fairly, as difficult as that can be at times. I don't play favorites for anybody.

A couple of years ago, BGR eased the restrictions a little bit on the language. At the same time, they installed an option that you can find on your profile page that will censor all bad language if it offends you. I bagged somebody the other day for using the "F" word, but the majority of the time I let it go because you can make that choice individually
It just occurred to me that using some posters logic on here, the Rebels are basically state champs in Ky. and Tn.
That is logic is flawed. If the season ended before the playoffs started this year then Corbin, Boyle and Central would have at least one loss. Elizabethtown would have been undefeated and some obscure newspaper would have crowned them state champions.
Anyone else hear the announcer call the Corbin QB Jared Lorenzen? I haven’t seen anyone post about it, but I heard the name Jared Lorenzen over the loud speaker after the Corbin’s QB was sacked... I mean the kid was a big fella, but I didn’t expect a joke about it to be made over the loud speaker... Is there an explanation here? Was there a kid with a similar name that I could’ve misheard the announcer?
Great game Boyle Co! I’m not gettin into the rest of this.. You beat our tails with more playmakers! End of story! As far as I’m concerned, it’s time to start thinkin and talkin about the 2018 Hounds. That’s for a different thread! The Future is bright in Corbin, absolutely nothing to hang your head about!
Wildcat45 Wrote:Anyone else hear the announcer call the Corbin QB Jared Lorenzen? I haven’t seen anyone post about it, but I heard the name Jared Lorenzen over the loud speaker after the Corbin’s QB was sacked... I mean the kid was a big fella, but I didn’t expect a joke about it to be made over the loud speaker... Is there an explanation here? Was there a kid with a similar name that I could’ve misheard the announcer?

I heard it along with a lot of folks around me. I was scratching my head laughing:hilarious:
This thread is about the Boyle County/Corbin game and all posts should be about that subject.

Any inciteful remarks will be removed immediately.
BelfryPride Wrote:The original posts have been edited for content. We make our best attempt to edit\delete posts as they are seen and as quickly as possible. If someone messages us and brings it to our attention, it will be addressed immediately.

:please:Confusednicker:
toolaidback Wrote:I heard it along with a lot of folks around me. I was scratching my head laughing:hilarious:

I wonder if they'll be offended and sue the KHSAA or the announcer rather than take a joke.... It was funny, but there is no way that I would've had the guts to say that over the loudspeaker about someone's child
Wildcat45 Wrote:I wonder if they'll be offended and sue the KHSAA or the announcer rather than take a joke.... It was funny, but there is no way that I would've had the guts to say that over the loudspeaker about someone's child

I was told that all heads in the press box turned towards the PA announcer when that was said.