Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 2016
1 Steven gound
2 Jordan Blanton
3 Evan Adkins
4 Riley preece
5 Tay von
I would say gound starts he won a championship in middle school or maybe two playing quarter back so he knows the play probably one of the fastest kids on team
Than you will see Blanton but you lose a receiver playing qb
I think they got 4 good young quarter backs he will try to work with during a blow out or jv when I watched practice the other day Trevor may and Joe Jackson both looked to be much bigger
And stronger I would guess both are 6ft 180 pounds I think both backs will be tough to bring down ,
Any word on the Black/White game or scrimmages?
Check out my YouTube channel.
www.youtube.com/c/AlexGreenDifferentBreed
it is this Friday Pulp.
Ballbuster Wrote:it is this Friday Pulp.

What is this Friday?
black and gold
So the Black/Gold event is this Friday (5th).

And the scrimmages are......

Aug. 12th @ Cabell-Midland, WV.
Aug. 19th vs. Canadian National Team
Is it true that JC might have a passing attack this season. I realize it is not going to be 50/50 but I am hearing it will be close to a balanced offense.
is it true Johnson Central bought Runner up rings?
Packer11 Wrote:is it true Johnson Central bought Runner up rings?

Yes.... they did buy Silver, State Finalist rings.

Making it to the state championship game was a major accomplishment for our program, our school and our County. We had some greats teams (that should have made it to the state finals on several occasions) during those 9 seasons we had to play either Cov. Cath or Highlands in the playoffs. But that is sports, as Ric Flair says "To be the Man, You gotta beat the Man." Our team did come up short in the state championship game last year, but they made history for our school. From a program that was 2-8 (2001), 2-8 (2002) & 1-9 (2003) and could barely field a team, to having one of the best W/L records in the entire state for the past 10+ years and making it to the state football finals (something that a lot of people never thought we would never do), if that isn't a case for buying your players and coaches rings for that accomplishment, I don't know what is.

And by the way.... the 2006 season (when we lost to Cov. Cath. in our first ever State Semi-Final game) was this senior classes 1st grade year.... so our entire team has grown up watching our football team churn our great players and have the best success our school has ever seen.

17 - 12th
16 - 11th
15 - 10th
14 - 9th
13 - 8th
12 - 7th
11 - 6th
10 - 5th
09 - 4th
08 - 3rd
07 - 2nd
06 - 1st
05 - Kinder.
Packer11 Wrote:is it true Johnson Central bought Runner up rings?

Wow
On the road to everyone gets a ring.
You guys can say what you want.... our 2015 football team was the first Johnson Central team, in any sport, to play for a State Championship.

JC has had a football team every season since 1970. And for us to finally make it to the state championship game is a major accomplishment. 45 years from the start of the program to playing for a state championship is a long time.... the players & coaches deserved be rewarded for their efforts. A trophy, a medal, a plaque or a clothing article doesn't mean a whole lot in a year or so. The rings aren't flashy or have an over-the-top design. The rings are Silver in color and say State Finalist. There is nothing wrong with rewarding people for hard work.

I do believe that schools that have won a state championship before or have played in the state finals before should not get rings unless they win the title.
Ex. - Trinity or Highlands shouldn't get rings unless they win the state title in their Class.
So your goal is to come in second in the state. I for one am rooting you on!
Packer11 Wrote:So your goal is to come in second in the state. I for one am rooting you on!

No Mr. Troll.... you are missing the point.

Before the 2006 season, a successful season at JC was beating Paintsville to win the Apple Bowl. Winning the district, region or the state title wasn't even in the conversation.

When Covington Catholic came to Johnsonville in 2006 and we got our first taste of post-Thanksgiving day football, the culture of our program and our community changed. We knew that we were going to win a state football championship, the only variable was time.

Our haters and trolls can do their thing all day long, but the fact of the matter is this. JC got beat by a better South Warren team last year in the state championship game. But that doesn't mean all of their hard work and being the first team, in any sport, to play for a team state championship doesn't deserve to be recognized. Trust me, our goal is never to be the runner-up in anything. Sometimes it doesn't always work out in your favor.

Now that we've been there.... the only other time the JC football program deserves a Ring is when they the state championship.
Packer11 Wrote:So your goal is to come in second in the state. I for one am rooting you on!

Why do schools award their teams rings for making it to the College Final Four or the College World Series? Or in the Pro's.... why do teams award Conference/Divisional championship rings no matter if they win the Super Bowl or World Series?

UK awarded Rings to the 2015, 38-1, Final Four team. UK.... 8 National Championships with one of the best basketball history in the world gave that team Rings for making it to the Final Four.
I guess the way I look at it runner-up is a ring is a ring given and a championship ring is a ring earned and like I said nothing would make me feel better and make me happier than for y'all to come in second place again
Pulp Fiction Wrote:So the Black/Gold event is this Friday (5th).

And the scrimmages are......

Aug. 12th @ Cabell-Midland, WV.
Aug. 19th vs. Canadian National Team

-------------------------------------------------

The Cabell Midland scrimmages has to be on 8/13 or later.
WV schools can't scrimmages until 8/13 under WVSSAC rules.
edrforshey Wrote:-------------------------------------------------

The Cabell Midland scrimmages has to be on 8/13 or later.
WV schools can't scrimmages until 8/13 under WVSSAC rules.

That is what is on JC's schedule and been said on the radio, I guess more will come out about this next week.
I live in WV and we play Cabell Midland every year, Parkersburg, WV
WV can't scrimmage till 12:01am on Saturday, 8/13
edrforshey Wrote:I live in WV and we play Cabell Midland every year, Parkersburg, WV
WV can't scrimmage till 12:01am on Saturday, 8/13

I hope it is on the 13th I might go watch that one good luck to JC this year
Pulp Fiction Wrote:You guys can say what you want.... our 2015 football team was the first Johnson Central team, in any sport, to play for a State Championship.

JC has had a football team every season since 1970. And for us to finally make it to the state championship game is a major accomplishment. 45 years from the start of the program to playing for a state championship is a long time.... the players & coaches deserved be rewarded for their efforts. A trophy, a medal, a plaque or a clothing article doesn't mean a whole lot in a year or so. The rings aren't flashy or have an over-the-top design. The rings are Silver in color and say State Finalist. There is nothing wrong with rewarding people for hard work.

I do believe that schools that have won a state championship before or have played in the state finals before should not get rings unless they win the title.
Ex. - Trinity or Highlands shouldn't get rings unless they win the state title in their Class.
I was a JCHS fan but this takes the cake! This is a embarrassment! Second place rings are a joke! You clearly point out how JC had to play HHS and Cov Cath. how they had to beat the best to win the State title. A couple of those teams that lost to eventual State Title teams were clearly the second best team in there class those years but those players never got a ring. In other words the 2015 JC team is rewarded for having a easier path! In 1990 a JC athlete finished 2nd in the state in a individual athletic event and at the point in time that was the highest finish for a athlete in JCHS history and this athlete was one of only a few (less than 5) First Team ALL State male athletes from the 1985 to 2000 and the guy is not even in the JCHS HOF! The guy has held a JC School record for over 25 years! The JC HOF is full of people that never won anything or played on a team that won anything all while more than one FIRST TEAM ALL STATE athlete with multiple Region and sectional titles are not included in the JCHS "HALL OF WHO YOU KNOW"! NEWS FLASH to JCHS people Championship rings are for CHAMPOINS. HOFs are for people that won Championships or members of Championship teams or record setters, the people who earned it! Johnson County and it's Food-Stamp Republicans were everybody gets a trophy and has a hand out all while pretending they earned something all while they wait for Check day! What a Joke!
honestjchsfan Wrote:I was a JCHS fan but this takes the cake! This is a embarrassment! Second place rings are a joke! You clearly point out how JC had to play HHS and Cov Cath. how they had to beat the best to win the State title. A couple of those teams that lost to eventual State Title teams were clearly the second best team in there class those years but those players never got a ring. In other words the 2015 JC team is rewarded for having a easier path! In 1990 a JC athlete finished 2nd in the state in a individual athletic event and at the point in time that was the highest finish for a athlete in JCHS history and this athlete was one of only a few (less than 5) First Team ALL State male athletes from the 1985 to 2000 and the guy is not even in the JCHS HOF! The guy has held a JC School record for over 25 years! The JC HOF is full of people that never won anything or played on a team that won anything all while more than one FIRST TEAM ALL STATE athlete with multiple Region and sectional titles are not included in the JCHS "HALL OF WHO YOU KNOW"! NEWS FLASH to JCHS people Championship rings are for CHAMPOINS. HOFs are for people that won Championships or members of Championship teams or record setters, the people who earned it! Johnson County and it's Food-Stamp Republicans were everybody gets a trophy and has a hand out all while pretending they earned something all while they wait for Check day! What a Joke!
AMEN!!!!!! The only thing you forgot is weak schedule Mutney is a cry baby and they will always be 2nd best program in the county.
honestjchsfan Wrote:I was a JCHS fan but this takes the cake! This is a embarrassment! Second place rings are a joke! You clearly point out how JC had to play HHS and Cov Cath. how they had to beat the best to win the State title. A couple of those teams that lost to eventual State Title teams were clearly the second best team in there class those years but those players never got a ring. In other words the 2015 JC team is rewarded for having a easier path! In 1990 a JC athlete finished 2nd in the state in a individual athletic event and at the point in time that was the highest finish for a athlete in JCHS history and this athlete was one of only a few (less than 5) First Team ALL State male athletes from the 1985 to 2000 and the guy is not even in the JCHS HOF! The guy has held a JC School record for over 25 years! The JC HOF is full of people that never won anything or played on a team that won anything all while more than one FIRST TEAM ALL STATE athlete with multiple Region and sectional titles are not included in the JCHS "HALL OF WHO YOU KNOW"! NEWS FLASH to JCHS people Championship rings are for CHAMPOINS. HOFs are for people that won Championships or members of Championship teams or record setters, the people who earned it! Johnson County and it's Food-Stamp Republicans were everybody gets a trophy and has a hand out all while pretending they earned something all while they wait for Check day! What a Joke!
I'm glad you were a Johnson Central fan maybe now you and your boyfriend with the Paintsville Herald will stop sneaking into the the games on Friday night and acting like your fans of our school. As far as I'm concerned both of your ignorant asses aren't welcome anymore. So don't even try to show up to offer your expert analysis of life at Johnson Central in the late 80's early 90's. True Johnson Central fans could care less about what you think anyway. We care about our current and former kids who put their heart and soul into our school not some disgruntled keyboard warrior who can't close his yearbook. Be sure to pass this on to your good buddy Tim also.

Was a JC fan.... this is an embarrassment..... Second place rings are a joke....
Sounds like you have some deep hatred for JC.

You say JC had an easier path than in years past, I'm not going to agree or disagree. Say what you will, but no other JC team has made it that far as the 2015 team. This discussion comes up every year, but you are leaving out that no team in history has ever had to go back and play a team from a previous season. You have to play the teams of this season... not years past or future teams.

It's spelled Champions.

As for the Hall of Fame, I have nothing to do with that. I'm not on the selection committee. It sounds like the person that you are talking about is a family member or close friend. I can't help you get there, sorry.
Who is the person you are talking about? Aimee Cantrell won the girls individual state golf championship in 1991 and Bobby Vanhoose won a 103 lbs. state wrestling championship 1992. Both were in the first HOF class at JC.... as a matter of fact both had their own display case right outside the gym by the main entrance for years. I think that case is still there.

I also had no say or decision making in getting Rings for last years team. The football boosters bought the rings, not the school. The school has bought rings for state champions in wrestling, track & field and cheerleading

Food-Stamp Republicans????

Of the ten seasons (2006-2015) JC had Highlands & Cov. Cath in their playoff bracket, here is a list of the years that JC got beat out & one of those teams went on to win the state title.

2006 - Cov. Cath
2008 - Highlands
2009 - Highlands
2010 - Highlands
2011 - Highlands
Packer11 Wrote:I guess the way I look at it runner-up is a ring is a ring given and a championship ring is a ring earned and like I said nothing would make me feel better and make me happier than for y'all to come in second place again

"Pecker 1" what is problem. It appears you just and ass. I can understand what you are saying about everyone gets a prize however state runner that high on the prize level. Many school awards rings for regional championships.
Just makes you look foolish and childish playing the name calling game.
jim rome Wrote:AMEN!!!!!! The only thing you forgot is weak schedule Mutney is a cry baby and they will always be 2nd best program in the county.

For once you are correct Jim Room comparing last years schedule with this years schedule you can call it weak. But just for the records we did play both teams in the 3 AAA Championship. In the process of getting to the state finals going on the roads and win at Scott and Wayne.

Jim Rome you have proven that blind squirrel finds a "nut" (see pecker 1)once and a while.

Man what a real ass. Knock a team that won on the road at Ashland, LC, Scott, Wayne

Maybe you and pecker and hook up and have little squirrels.Confusednicker:

Man I am not sure where to start?

First, please see a psychologist and get medicated.

Second, the HOF has problems but how does that related to state runner up.

Last a team can only play the teams in front of them. They have no control over the schedule. You say JC was a weaker team than teams in the post. ( I guess you walked up hill both way to school.) How do you measure that? With that position, you are saying that we need to eliminate the BELFRY'S STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS( or anyone else) the years they lost to JC or anyone else correct?

Grow up either support JC or more on. JC would love to have your support but if you can't do that fine, but we do not need the consistence back stabbing from you that we have been getting.
here is the real skinny Johnson Central wasn't even second best team in state Franklin Simpson was better also so was John Hardin and Shelby co so at best Johnson Central may have been 4th or fifth i think Warren Central would have given JC all they wanted due to the fact lack of speed .so do all the other teams deserve a ring bc they all may think they were 2nd best or the way I look at 1st loser.
Food Stamp "Republicans" ???

Lol, I sure hope you know your football better than you know your politics..:Shaking:

Wow!!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next