Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 2016
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
What kind of team will JC have this season? Who do they lose from the 4A Runner-Up team and who do they have returning? Will this be the year JC brings home a state title?
Early prediction JC brings it home this year. Nothing would make me happier. Get to work boys
Looks like JC fans are not very interested in the 2016 football season.
From the opposite Region Wayne Co. And Knox both return a ton of talent but they have to travel to JC. So with that I would expect to see them in Bowling green again.
What does the schedule look like and how many home games
JC played the majority of their games on the road last season and this year the Region 4 District 8 winner will he at home throughout the playoffs as long as they keep winning.

Scrimmage 1-@ Cabell Midland (3A WV Power)
Scrimmage 2- unsure
WK 1- Capital, WV (2014 3A State Champs, 2015 3A State Runner-Up knocking off previously unbeaten Cabell Midland) Unsure of location.
WK 2- Lexington Catholic (3A State Runner Up, Year 2 of 2)
WK 3- South Charleston, WV (2014 3A State Runner-Up)
WK 4-@ Harlan Co. (Year 4 of 4)
WK 5- @ Boyd Co (District)
WK 6- @ East Carter (District)
WK 7- Greenup Co
WK 8- @ Rowan Co.
WK 9-Ashland
WK 10- Belfry (3A State Champs)
keys two winning this year
Number 1 weight room
Number 2 quarter back
Number 3 safety
Will they have their qb back this year? He was impressive against Ashland, very composed.
Yustacould Wrote:Will they have their qb back this year? He was impressive against Ashland, very composed.

Graduated. Workman hurt his PCL on the next to last play of the Ashland game causing him to miss the Belfry game and the first round of the playoffs. He didn't play defense for the rest of the season either. With the injury that he had it really limited a lot of the playbook from that point forward due to it being on his plant leg and limiting his running ability. No real front runner at this time but the staff will begin exploring options once spring practice starts following spring break. As always the one that gives the team the best chance to win will play, regardless of position, experience or grade. It may be a returning player or it could be an incoming Freshman. The only thing that is ever promised to these kids are a chance to compete and earn a starting spot. Competition breeds success. If they need more time to develop then they will have a full Freshman and JV schedule against some of the better teams in the area like Belfry, Huntington High, Cabell Midland, Spring Valley, Ironton, etc, to get ready.
They don't have a game until the State Semi's once they get past Capital, Lex Cath and South Charleston. I expect them to sit the starters against Belfry to prevent injury in a big picture meaningless game. I expect them to go to the State Title game and bring it home this year.
How did the Belfry game all of a sudden become meaningless. When Belfry rested its starters the previous 2 years and JC won big you would've thought they won the super bowl. You only had 2 lineman and a QB out last year. Both lineman was sick and the QB was already banged up and had to set out.
proud44pirate Wrote:How did the Belfry game all of a sudden become meaningless. When Belfry rested its starters the previous 2 years and JC won big you would've thought they won the super bowl. You only had 2 lineman and a QB out last year. Both lineman was sick and the QB was already banged up and had to set out.

Its a JC thread so meaningless last year and meaningful previous 2 years. Lol, you know how it works. We will reserve judgement until we see result of this years game. On a serious note, I love the Belfry series, but would to see it moved to earlier in the season. It truly is becoming meaningless as both teams will only be satisfied with state titles.
proud44pirate Wrote:How did the Belfry game all of a sudden become meaningless. When Belfry rested its starters the previous 2 years and JC won big you would've thought they won the super bowl. You only had 2 lineman and a QB out last year. Both lineman was sick and the QB was already banged up and had to set out.

Actually, prior to last year, in 5 of the previous 6 games you would've thought we won the Super Bowl. In 2013 neither team rested anyone, 2014 Belfry rested Cole and Rayquan with the QB getting hurt midway in the 3rd, and last year we sat a few. Big deal, it's good to get your teeth kicked in once in a while and I wouldn't want it to happen to us by anyone other than Belfry. I work over at LCMS and take care of a lot of the engineering mine plans for Kielty, Cedar Grove, Alma and Hernshaw. Trust me, I never hear the end of it from John Young or Gary Goff, heck even the MSHA inspector Big Chew calls me up during game week to give me grief, all in good fun of course. I hope this series continues long after Haywood and Matney hang up their whistles. I think you need to read up on the poster that you quoted, his response was the first one I have seen geared towards JC.
The big X factor to JC is the QB position. Did they have a JV or Freshman QB that could take over? I have heard they have a really good running back coming up. I think I have watched him play in middle school. The Jackson kid is the real deal.

In the grand scheme of things it is meaningless. It doesn't alter any district or region standings. That's like saying Kentucky beating Columbia in basketball last year was meaningful. Sure it was a win, but did it really alter anything? No. Sure it's a rivalry, however, in the big picture does this game implicate playoff seeding, home field advantage or district status? Nope.
checkmate9113 Wrote:In the grand scheme of things it is meaningless. It doesn't alter any district or region standings. That's like saying Kentucky beating Columbia in basketball last year was meaningful. Sure it was a win, but did it really alter anything? No. Sure it's a rivalry, however, in the big picture does this game implicate playoff seeding, home field advantage or district status? Nope.

Not a very good analogy underlined.

It's more like Kentucky beating North Carolina in 2012.

Did it effect their Conference Standing, their SEC Tournament, or their National Title run? Absolutely not.

With that said it was far from meaningless. When you have two elite programs playing there is always a reputation and pride on the line and eyes from all over watching.

With that said, I honestly think that game means more to the fans in the stands than it does to the Coaching Staffs.
Maybe they can go back to Sheldon Clark and get them another QB. Last one turned out to be pretty good.
I see JC going 8-2 this regular season. I'd like to see them make it back to state, the question is at QB spot. They look to have plenty of Running backs. I believe on D side we lost DE, safety and I think LB. Don't know who will take the DE spot, safety I think they have enough athletes to put back at safety and LB. Curious to see if we will change defense.
What position does the boy from Lafayette play that they are suppose to be getting
Redneck Wrote:What position does the boy from Lafayette play that they are suppose to be getting

Literally the first I've heard about this.
Redneck Wrote:What position does the boy from Lafayette play that they are suppose to be getting

Lexington Lafayette? If you have a name, I might be able to tell you.
Teandre Newcomb
Ballbuster Wrote:Teandre Newcomb

TeAndre Lamont Newcomb, freshman WR. Saw very little varsity, mostly freshman and JV action. Great and gifted athlete, but just watch his attitude. Hopefully with a new scenery, school, program he can straighten up. To be honest, I didn't know he was leaving Lexington.
I know the young man in question wasn't at school the week leading up to Spring Break. I have conversed with a few others and none had any knowledge about it either. Until he enrolls I would label it as a rumor.
DALE Wrote:JC played the majority of their games on the road last season and this year the Region 4 District 8 winner will he at home throughout the playoffs as long as they keep winning.

Scrimmage 1 - @ Cabell Midland (3A WV Power)
Scrimmage 2 - unsure
WK 1 - Capital, WV (2014 3A State Champs, 2015 3A State Runner-Up knocking off previously unbeaten Cabell Midland) Unsure of location.
WK 2 - Lexington Catholic (3A State Runner Up, Year 2 of 2)
WK 3 - South Charleston, WV (2014 3A State Runner-Up)
WK 4 - @ Harlan County (Year 4 of 4)
WK 5 - @ Boyd County (District)
WK 6 - @ East Carter (District)
WK 7 - Greenup County (District)
WK 8 - @ Rowan County (District)
WK 9 - Ashland (District)
WK 10 - Belfry (3A State Champs)

We actually have 10 regular season games scheduled this season.... wow!!!
And all of the teams are within the Continental United States.
DALE Wrote:JC played the majority of their games on the road last season and this year the Region 4 District 8 winner will he at home throughout the playoffs as long as they keep winning.

Scrimmage 1-@ Cabell Midland (3A WV Power)
Scrimmage 2- unsure
WK 1- Capital, WV (2014 3A State Champs, 2015 3A State Runner-Up knocking off previously unbeaten Cabell Midland) Unsure of location.
WK 2- Lexington Catholic (3A State Runner Up, Year 2 of 2)
WK 3- South Charleston, WV (2014 3A State Runner-Up)
WK 4-@ Harlan Co. (Year 4 of 4)
WK 5- @ Boyd Co (District)
WK 6- @ East Carter (District)
WK 7- Greenup Co
WK 8- @ Rowan Co.
WK 9-Ashland
WK 10- Belfry (3A State Champs)

Toughest schedule I've seen from JC. Matney realizing he needs to challenge his kids a little more than playing those cupcakes and padding stats.
Any update on which game is home capital or south Charleston
And what team have we picked up for second scrimmage ,
How many kids have been in the weight room
How many kids have been out for spring football?
Johnson Central looks to be the best team in the district again in my opinion. I am going guess 8-2 regular season record and undefeated in district.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7