•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 2016
jetpilot Wrote:And Pikeville middle was 1 play from a state championship in 2015. Not that any of that matters. Hazard has to dig out of a running clock in the 1st half hole and Pikeville has averaged about 1000 yds/game vs Hazard. The gap can be made up over time but the gap is huge.

Yes Pugh averaged about a 1000. Last year is the only year that I seen Pikeville was head and shoulders better. 2013-2014 could of went either way even though Pikeville closed those games.

Gap isn't as big as you think. 2016 will be a slobber knocker as good ole JR says.

But a question did Pikeville middle play Hazard in 2012 when these seniors were 8th graders?
jetpilot Wrote:Or may not be. Pikeville offense will go up and down the field all night vs. Hazard. The Bulldogs' O will have to try to keep up.

I expect Pikeville to throw more in 2016. Charles will be the power runner but I expect him to be more on defense next season than on the offensive side to rest up for defense.
bac2369 Wrote:I expect Pikeville to throw more in 2016. Charles will be the power runner but I expect him to be more on defense next season than on the offensive side to rest up for defense.

Like he rested against Beechwood?:biggrin:
bac2369 Wrote:Yes Pugh averaged about a 1000. Last year is the only year that I seen Pikeville was head and shoulders better. 2013-2014 could of went either way even though Pikeville closed those games.

Gap isn't as big as you think. 2016 will be a slobber knocker as good ole JR says.

But a question did Pikeville middle play Hazard in 2012 when these seniors were 8th graders?

The gap is a running first half clock. Pikeville won the last 4 games averaging 54 a game and could have easily been a lot more. More of the same for 2016, then we can see what develops after that.
jetpilot Wrote:Like he rested against Beechwood?:biggrin:

He didn't play all series on offense in that game but he did play both ways. Pikeville was a deep team in 2015. 2016 is yet to be determined.
jetpilot Wrote:The gap is a running first half clock. Pikeville won the last 4 games averaging 54 a game and could have easily been a lot more. More of the same for 2016, then we can see what develops after that.

Loss Margin
12 in 2013
13 in 2014
28 and 44 in 2015

Pikeville was signicantly better this year then the rest. With what's graduated from there I expect if Pikeville wins it will be 7-20 point range. I expect no blow out.
jetpilot Wrote:The gap is a running first half clock. Pikeville won the last 4 games averaging 54 a game and could have easily been a lot more. More of the same for 2016, then we can see what develops after that.

I remember a Paintsville team who did something like that in 2014.
Hazard lost inside backers and QB. All else back. Blair will be very good if he stays healthy at QB. All O Line back. All DLine back. Corey Smith (JR) running back and Jason Johnson (SR) wide receiver back on offense. All DBs back including B Whitaker (foot surgery) and Stupart (foot)
If no injuries Hazard should be solid. Blair is athletic and throws well. Smith 1600+ yds last year rushing as soph. Johnson is a big talented receiver
Defense should be where Hazard is much better than last year.
redstone1127 Wrote:Hazard lost inside backers and QB. All else back. Blair will be very good if he stays healthy at QB. All O Line back. All DLine back. Corey Smith (JR) running back and Jason Johnson (SR) wide receiver back on offense. All DBs back including B Whitaker (foot surgery) and Stupart (foot)
If no injuries Hazard should be solid. Blair is athletic and throws well. Smith 1600+ yds last year rushing as soph. Johnson is a big talented receiver
Defense should be where Hazard is much better than last year.

Well said. Defense depends on filling the linebacker positions. Secondary should be solid and if stay healthy I like there chances.
Pikeville running clock on hazard next year as they did last year
Football1245 Wrote:Pikeville running clock on hazard next year as they did last year

Negitive.
You got the easy part over with. We will see.
Confusednicker:
After snooping around I think hazard maybe the team to beat this year in 1A.....:truestory:
64SUR Wrote:After snooping around I think hazard maybe the team to beat this year in 1A.....:truestory:

Snooping? They ain't no way you been doing that.
64SUR Wrote:After snooping around I think hazard maybe the team to beat this year in 1A.....:truestory:

I think someones being a instigator..
Schedule I think
Week
0. @Pineville
1. Fairview
2. @ Letcher Central
3. @ Somerset
4. Prestonsburg
5. @ Jenkins
6. @ Pikeville
7. Open (Phelps not sure on status)
8. South Floyd
9. Open
10. Breathitt Co.

Phelps may not be in district play not sure. New coach so may be still in district play.
Hazards football schedule 2016 with dates for redstone

Aug 19 16 Pineville away
Aug 26. 16 Fairview home
Sep 2 16 Letcher Co Central away
Sep 9, 16 Somerset away
Sep 16, 16 Prestonsburg home
Sep 23, 16 Jenkins away
Sep 30 16 Pikeville away
Oct 7 16 Phelps home
Oct 14 16 South Floyd. home
Oct 28 16 Breathitt County home

Phelps game is probably not going to happen.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazards football schedule 2016 with dates for redstone

Aug 19 16 Pineville away
Aug 26. 16 Fairview home
Sep 2 16 Letcher Co Central away
Sep 9, 16 Somerset away
Sep 16, 16 Prestonsburg home
Sep 23, 16 Jenkins away
Sep 30 16 Pikeville away
Oct 7 16 Phelps home
Oct 14 16 South Floyd. home
Oct 28 16 Breathitt County home

Phelps game is probably not going to happen.

How is The Dawgs quarterback looking?

Don't count The Orange Bees out.
Hazard loses 8 from 2015.

This team returns 3,917 yards of total offense and 38 Touchdowns. The defense returns a team with 15 INTS and 9 Fumble recoveries.
This team will be looking at a new Quarterback Bailey Blair.
bac2369 Wrote:Hazard loses 8 from 2015.

This team returns 3,917 yards of total offense and 38 Touchdowns. The defense returns a team with 15 INTS and 9 Fumble recoveries.
This team will be looking at a new Quarterback Bailey Blair.

I don't know anything about him but they should have a solid team this year.
Blair started for Team Kentucky FBU teams as both 7 and 8 grade teams. Will be a sophomore. Good speed, very quick laterally, and throws well. Strong mature kid little undersized. Very talented kid. smart.
I expect more and more passing as year goes on with a heavy smash mouth run game with Smith throughout. O line looks to be much improved. Still a young team but dramatically stronger, faster, and more experienced. This should be a tough minded bunch I think
pjdoug Wrote:I don't know anything about him but they should have a solid team this year.

Here's a few stats.

Played in 10 of 13 games.

9 rushed for 48 yards and 1 TD
5 of 5 passing for 44 yards
7 catches for 181 yards and 3 TDs
Defense
2 INTS and 1 Fumble recovery and 41 tackles.
If Blair stays healthy he will be very good. Talented kid. Talented baseball player too.
redstone1127 Wrote:If Blair stays healthy he will be very good. Talented kid. Talented baseball player too.

I hope he does. I hope the whole team will stay healthy.
Blue n Gold how is it going in football land?
How many freshman you think hazard will get any varsity playing time I watched the 8 grade boys play Johnson county I seen 3 or 4 that probably could play kick of or defense backs
^ I only know of one off the top of my head and that would be Reece Fletcher.
bac2369 Wrote:Blue n Gold how is it going in football land?

I haven't really heard much. I've been busy with baseball and all this end of the school year stuff. Maybe once all this is over I can start on football. lol
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next