Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard 15 Pikeville 14
Won in the Trenches Wrote:D-1 scholarships? It was a 3 yard field goal! (Extra Point)
And guess what, that 3 yard field goal sent your Panthers home!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:And guess what, that 3 yard field goal sent your Panthers home!

LOL that was the most pointless post ever, I never said that it DIDN'T...just that theres no way you can say "A play like that means a D-1 scholarship"...
EKY Sportster Wrote:It isn't the first time this year either. Good teams don't keep beating themselves, they beat their opponent. So it doesn't matter if Pikeville or even Paintsville last week SHOULD have beat Hazard, the bottom line is that they DIDN'T!!

I didnt say that they did, was just simply stating that HAZARD DIDNT BEAT PIKEVILLE EITHER, THEY JUST WON THE GAME. Pikeville beat themselves.
Congrats to Hazard.
sweetpea wants to know how pikeville's seniors let a group of sophomores and a freshman kicker beat them in such a BIG IMPORTANT POST SEASON game. Can anybody answer that for sweetpea?
And by the way all the saturdays you spent in the weight room you should have stayed home watching saturday cartoons.
Congrats Hazard
congrats hazzard i knew u had in ya
Won in the Trenches Wrote:Sorry buddy, the team that worked the hardest in the state is at the house today...If you dont believe it, take a trip to the weight room sometime soon. Pikeville is the only team that I know of that comes in on Saturday mornings after the games to run and stretch and get a film session in. I know for a fact Hazard doesnt do that.
BUT have you ever thought about it like this??
Yes, Pikeville comes in on Saturday mornings , they lift weights all the time year around, sometimes in an overheated weightroom, they spend every night at that field until after 8:30 or 9:00, they stay after school on gameday until gametime, they watch film & have meetings then watch more film and have more meetings. They are FORCED to live, eat, and sleep football!!!!!!!

Have you ever wondered that the reason for the frequent "letdowns" just might possibly be because the Pikeville Football team is physically and mentally exausted!! They are 16, 17, and 18 year old kids, they need a life too!! I am not making this up.....just ask some of them!!! Some of them might be too scared to admit it but MOST of the players will tell you the truth!! Although they were very hurt after the game....deep down they are relieved.....not to be eliminated but to be FREE!!!!
venom93 Wrote:BUT have you ever thought about it like this??
Yes, Pikeville comes in on Saturday mornings , they lift weights all the time year around, sometimes in an overheated weightroom, they spend every night at that field until after 8:30 or 9:00, they stay after school on gameday until gametime, they watch film & have meetings then watch more film and have more meetings. They are FORCED to live, eat, and sleep football!!!!!!!

Have you ever wondered that the reason for the frequent "letdowns" just might possibly be because the Pikeville Football team is physically and mentally exausted!! They are 16, 17, and 18 year old kids, they need a life too!! I am not making this up.....just ask some of them!!! Some of them might be too scared to admit it but MOST of the players will tell you the truth!! Although they were very hurt after the game....deep down they are relieved.....not to be eliminated but to be FREE!!!!

Theres a very fine line there. You have to have your team focused and prepared but you have to remember they are kids and will become burned out. You also don't want them to peak to soon. It should be a progression. During playoff theres no getting around it. Your going to have to put in long hours but not during the season. Theres no reason to lift on saturdays. Your body needs time to rest and rebuild. You just got done using maximum force the night before. Rest up and come ready sunday and monday. You don't want to overtrain.
Panther#42 Wrote:Yea it sure showed earlier in the season huh? *cough cough 42-6

cough cough 15-14 district champs, cough cough freshman kicker's field goal, cough cough we go to the regional playoffs, you dont, so just stop whinning and start preparing for next year and start respecting the team who's going to represent your district in the playoffs becuase they've earned it.
venom93 Wrote:BUT have you ever thought about it like this??

Im more than sure the kids that didn't want to do this would have quit, alot of this stuff the players acutally asked to do so they could be better prepared for the season and such
punjabi_bulldog79 Wrote:cough cough 15-14 district champs, cough cough freshman kicker's field goal, cough cough we go to the regional playoffs, you dont, so just stop whinning and start preparing for next year and start respecting the team who's going to represent your district in the playoffs becuase they've earned it.

LOL I hope you all have as much fun as possible this week because come friday night when Somerset is formin the line to shake hands like the game was nothing but a weak district team, no celebrating or anything, and you guys are cryin wonderin what happened, you may realize this is one of those few games where the better team didn't win. Your going to have to beat Pikeville by alot more than 1 point to earn respect from a team that know's it shouldn't have happened. Earned it? If your insinuating that they "earned" it through blood,sweat,pain,heart,courage,hard work, then there was deff. a mistake in who got it, now if you want to bring luck into all of that.....
How bad did Pikeville beat Hazard the first time they met this year??
42-6
Panther#42 Wrote:IF hazard had the better team they would have won the first match up or at least played close, Panthers had the better team they just didn't come ready to play last night, nothing taken away from hazard though, goodluck with somerset next week
You say that pikeville didnt come ready to play this time .....well its just as easy to say that Hazard didnt come ready to play in the first match up
First of all, I would just like to request a "cease fire" to all of the insulting, excuses, taunting, etc. Here are the facts: Pikeville lost a game they probably should have won to an emotional and physical Hazard team. Hazard is going into the Regional Championship where they will face a highly favored Somerset team. Pikeville beat Hazard by a lot in the regular season, and that means nothing now. Everyone knows these things and they don't need to be said or argued about anymore. Pikeville didn't deserve to win this game, and Hazard took advantage of everything they could. I would just like to say thank you to all the Pikeville Seniors that have given so much to this program, school, and community:
-Brad "Furby" Bryant
-Mitch Jackson
-Nick Kimberlain
-John Michael Mayo
-Max Pafunda
-Casey Rowe
-Isaac Sanders
-Ryan Shurtleff
-Jacob Sword
-Jordan Tibbs
It has been a pleasure watching you boys grow up into young men. You all have represented this program with nothing but class and this community is very proud of you. Don't let this loss tarnish all that you have done for Pikeville Football.
sounds like this was a heck of a game!
Rubble2007 Wrote:You say that pikeville didnt come ready to play this time .....well its just as easy to say that Hazard didnt come ready to play in the first match up

Had that been the case then it would have been closer the first time around, just like all the other games that were flukes in the first game
example: NCC vs. Holy Cross (Cov.)
first game, HC 10 NCC 7
second game, NCC 42 HC 7, I think that was the right score
CliffClavern Wrote:First of all, I would just like to request a "cease fire" to all of the insulting, excuses, taunting, etc. Here are the facts: Pikeville lost a game they probably should have won to an emotional and physical Hazard team. Hazard is going into the Regional Championship where they will face a highly favored Somerset team. Pikeville beat Hazard by a lot in the regular season, and that means nothing now. Everyone knows these things and they don't need to be said or argued about anymore. Pikeville didn't deserve to win this game, and Hazard took advantage of everything they could. I would just like to say thank you to all the Pikeville Seniors that have given so much to this program, school, and community:
-Brad "Furby" Bryant
-Mitch Jackson
-Nick Kimberlain
-John Michael Mayo
-Max Pafunda
-Casey Rowe
-Isaac Sanders
-Ryan Shurtleff
-Jacob Sword
-Jordan Tibbs
It has been a pleasure watching you boys grow up into young men. You all have represented this program with nothing but class and this community is very proud of you. Don't let this loss tarnish all that you have done for Pikeville Football.
Now this is a nice post! Applaud to you! You said everything that could be said! Thank You CliffClavern.....Class Act!
Touf lost, congrats to Hazard and good luck next week..
Congrats to Pikeville's seniors
I don't understand why it's so difficult for Pikeville's fans to let go....You were not only out coached, out played but also out cheered....and you had the home field....I don' wanna argue wth any of you though, this picture's worth a couple thousand words......
http://imageshack.us">http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/9462/...llenk1.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" />
OUCH!!!!, lol....
vineboy4life Wrote:I don't understand why it's so difficult for Pikeville's fans to let go....You were not only out coached, out played but also out cheered....and you had the home field....I don' wanna argue wth any of you though, this picture's worth a couple thousand words......
http://imageshack.us">http://img437.imageshack.us/img437/9462/...llenk1.jpg" border="0" alt="Image Hosted by ImageShack.us" />

Nice,finnaly someone with an intellegent post. just like you said vineboy4life, pikeville fans just let go and pikeville players start working for next year.
vineboy4life Wrote:I don't understand why it's so difficult for Pikeville's fans to let go....You were not only out coached, out played but also out cheered....and you had the home field....I don' wanna argue wth any of you though, this picture's worth a couple thousand words......

Rolleyes
Ok, I know you guys won, but by no means were we out coached,played, or cheered, you came away with a win that didn't belong to you that night, you know it, you just don't want to accept it, the Pikeville fans know it, anyone that was there knows it. You got lucky for the second week in a row, deal with it. Like I said before, you got what's coming to you next Friday.
I'm an innocent by standard here, but IMHO Hazard just got lucky on a night the Panthers weren't so lucky. I watched both teams play against Paintsville and watched the first match-up between the Dawgs and Panthers. Pikeville was definately the better team, BUT the better team got beat simple as that. Whether they didn't show up to play or because every time Harmon broke a big run it got called back for a penalty. You don't get beat by a team by 36 points in the regular season then 2-3 weeks later all of sudden become world beaters. Pikeville did the same thing Johnson Central did against Ashland except the end result was opposite. They came out way over confident thinking they were gonna run all over Hazard and instead got smacked in the mouth. I wanted Pikeville to win, even picked them to win, but that's whats great about football, any given night anything can happen.
Panther#42 Wrote:Rolleyes
Ok, I know you guys won, but by no means were we out coached,played, or cheered, you came away with a win that didn't belong to you that night, you know it, you just don't want to accept it, the Pikeville fans know it, anyone that was there knows it. You got lucky for the second week in a row, deal with it. Like I said before, you got what's coming to you next Friday.
oh and if we win that one too , then i guess we got lucky yet again :Thumbs: yea man , say what you can to save your pride, cause hazard destroyed it last friday
Congratulations Hazard on the win and your determination in the 4th quarter, but the lack of class after the game by the Bulldog players was ridiculous. I had respect and never had anything against them until the actions they showed after the game.
GridironGang1 Wrote:oh and if we win that one too , then i guess we got lucky yet again :Thumbs: yea man , say what you can to save your pride, cause hazard destroyed it last friday

No if you win this Friday you win by the grace of God. Only thing Hazard did was set them selves up to get beat even worse for the next gameSmile , say what you want, dosen't bother me, be as cocky as you want now that you won, dosen't matter to me, cause after next Friday i'd say alot of people will be laughing saying "I told you so" and "They didn't belong in that game"
So, enjoy it while you can and tell all your seniors good year:howdy: