•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County 15 Knox Central 6
I wished I could have made it to the game I expected it to be a good one, unfortunately I had obligations out of town. I got to hear most of the game on the radio until late in the fourth when knox punted on 4th down only trailing one score. It wasn't clear but I thought the announcer said knox was down a touchdown late in the 4th? That couldn't be right...what happened?? The announcer must have had the yard line and the time wrong!!
E's Army Wrote:Glad to hear Barger is okay and will play this week.

So he went out on ambulance and will play this week? I'm glad the kid is OK. I hope they didn't keep him overnight and charge him if the wind was knocked out of him.
I will say one thing. Knox seems to have a major attitude problem. I wouldn't be surprised if they lead the state in flags, especially personal fouls.
Glad the kid is ok.

Question.

Do you all sometimes feel they take kids in ambulances for more of a precaution or money racket.
They fly people out all the time from wrecks and they get out the next day.

I'm all for safety but when I was in school not many left by ambulance, parents loaded them up and took them.
No video of the legal hit but plenty still pictures. It turned into a run play and Barger was going to take his own cheap shot.
Throwitdown Wrote:There's no video of the illeagle hit because it was 20 yards out of play.

I am sorry but this made me laugh

[Image: http://www.blueridgewildlife.org/images/...eagle1.jpg]
TopCat Wrote:No video of the legal hit but plenty still pictures. It turned into a run play and Barger was going to take his own cheap shot.

It's a funny thing people has seen video , tv and pictures but none has been shown.... So quit all the crap you seen it !!! So if you got it post it .
TruthHurtz_22 Wrote:So he went out on ambulance and will play this week? I'm glad the kid is OK. I hope they didn't keep him overnight and charge him if the wind was knocked out of him.

Barger will not play for three weeks and the Doctor on the field thought his spleen was injured .. So I hope no one in your family gets hurt especially you child and people speculate if he's hurt or not you are a low down peice of s..t !!!!!
I found when my wife would go to where my children where hurt with out being ask by coach or school official, The injury was almost always worse, when I stoped her it seem to be good medicine, they almost always recovered faster.
If you got to see the Union vs Cumberland game the following night you would have witnessed how a true rivalry game should be played. Intense, emotional, competitive - a little shoving and jawing but not a single personal foul. Classy and a joy to watch and I'm sure a positive memory for all involved. UC won by one point in an amazing game.

Contrast that with the mess of this game. Sure, I'm a KC guy but nobody has to remind me of the team's issues with discipline. And call it envy or hate I am of the opinion Bell's win at all cost attitude is evident each time they suit up. Put those two in a room and you get what this game was - ugly, dangerous, and something that should be removed from the schedule.

It is a loss for both communities that the leaders and players involved in this game can't orchestrate a contest (like Union and Cumb) where the battle is is hard fought, the win well deserved, and the handshake and the end a tribute to great competition. Sad state of affairs for mountain football.
Football1 Wrote:If you got to see the Union vs Cumberland game the following night you would have witnessed how a true rivalry game should be played. Intense, emotional, competitive - a little shoving and jawing but not a single personal foul. Classy and a joy to watch and I'm sure a positive memory for all involved. UC won by one point in an amazing game.

Contrast that with the mess of this game. Sure, I'm a KC guy but nobody has to remind me of the team's issues with discipline. And call it envy or hate I am of the opinion Bell's win at all cost attitude is evident each time they suit up. Put those two in a room and you get what this game was - ugly, dangerous, and something that should be removed from the schedule.

It is a loss for both communities that the leaders and players involved in this game can't orchestrate a contest (like Union and Cumb) where the battle is is hard fought, the win well deserved, and the handshake and the end a tribute to great competition. Sad state of affairs for mountain football.
Agree 100%
Very funny that Bell has never been called "dirty" or win at all cost by any other fan base that I can recall except for Knox. Strikes me as strange.
I have watched Bell teams for over 30 years play at a very high level. Never have I saw them as dirty or a cheap shot team. Now when they still played down on the river bank that was a dirty bunch.

I find it funny that the team with the worst reputation in SEKY is calling the kettle black. KC holds that distinction by themselves.
William Muney Wrote:Very funny that Bell has never been called "dirty" or win at all cost by any other fan base that I can recall except for Knox. Strikes me as strange.
Keep in mind the only time I have seen Bell play is against KC. Maybe KC just brings out the worst of them. One way or the other this game was full of they things that make football bad. From both sides.
Football1 Wrote:If you got to see the Union vs Cumberland game the following night you would have witnessed how a true rivalry game should be played. Intense, emotional, competitive - a little shoving and jawing but not a single personal foul.

Like I said before I am trying to play catch up to the game because the only information I got was a fuzzy radio broadcast. How many personal fouls did knox county have and how man did bell have in this game? From what i could here on the radio knox had at least 2 late hit penalties and 2 block in the backs...
Bell was never called dirty when Dudley was the head man it's only been since mills has come to town that the team has looked undisciplined and been talked about like it has lately, especially since they feel they no longer need to shake hands.
Just Sayin Wrote:Bell was never called dirty when Dudley was the head man it's only been since mills has come to town that the team has looked undisciplined and been talked about like it has lately, especially since they feel they no longer need to shake hands.

WHY WOULD YOU SHAKE HANDS IN A SITUATION that was HEATED and MAKE THING MORE THAN LIKELY WORSE??? This is y KHSAA wanted to take the handshake out of all sports because fights were breaking out in them!!! Wayne done the right thing by taking his team on to the locker room away from the crowd and considering the situation I THINK BELL'S PLAYERS handled the issue well and kept their composure... :Thumbs: Another FUNNY THING IS I have watched BELL all yr and I have never heard anyone call them DIRTY except NOW.
Ok so that's the excuse for not shaking hands with Knox what was it for the middlesboro game? Seems like the common thread is bell and their lack of sportsmanship but I wouldn't expect anything else from a head coach that threatens to hit his own players on the sideline
Just Sayin Wrote:Ok so that's the excuse for not shaking hands with Knox what was it for the middlesboro game? Seems like the common thread is bell and their lack of sportsmanship but I wouldn't expect anything else from a head coach that threatens to hit his own players on the sideline

For the Knox game both coaches agreed that it would be in the best interest. The Middlesboro game they didn't shake hands they were too busy celebrating. This game is over let it rest.
Just seen the article published today titled "Bell County Bounty". WOW is all i can say. I feel for the kid that got hurt for Knox, for me its always hard to see that happen to any young man that steps out on the field, no matter what is written across his chest. But to publish an article like this, the young man that wrote it should have done his homework. FIRST OF ALL to use the word "target" is taking it alittle to far IMHO. I am very close to the program, as is alot of people, but to be told the coaches "targeted" a kid for the sake of a W is the craziest thing i've every heard. And I also know 100% that both coaches decided not to shake hands after the game for the safety of the young men and as a parent thats the call i would have made. Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides. It always has and it always will.
Bell Co 97 Wrote:Just seen the article published today titled "Bell County Bounty". WOW is all i can say. I feel for the kid that got hurt for Knox, for me its always hard to see that happen to any young man that steps out on the field, no matter what is written across his chest. But to publish an article like this, the young man that wrote it should have done his homework. FIRST OF ALL to use the word "target" is taking it alittle to far IMHO. I am very close to the program, as is alot of people, but to be told the coaches "targeted" a kid for the sake of a W is the craziest thing i've every heard. And I also know 100% that both coaches decided not to shake hands after the game for the safety of the young men and as a parent thats the call i would have made. Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides. It always has and it always will.

Do you have a link to the article
"For the Knox game both coaches agreed that it would be in the best interest. The Middlesboro game they didn't shake hands they were too busy celebrating. This game is over let it rest."

Totally disagree. Two head coaches agreeing not to shake hands after the game is not leadership nor sportsmanship. It is an admission by both that they have no control over their players. I know, respect, and like both men having sons who played for both. But if they are going to play this game they need to set the tone from Monday's practice that no bullshit will be tolerated and any of it that happens will be punished quickly. This is not a war against an enemy. It is a game played by neighbors who will someday work in the same coal mine or teach in the same school or fight against our enemies on the same battlefield. Teach these young men to respect not hate each other.

Bell needs to stop expecting Wayne to be Dudley and embrace him as the fine coach that he is. Get that pressure off his back so he can lead without fear of losing his job if he goes 6-4 one or two years.

And folks should not let it rest until the point is clear that neither community will tolerate their sons playing in a game like this again. Ever.
Bell Co 97 Wrote:Just seen the article published today titled "Bell County Bounty". WOW is all i can say. I feel for the kid that got hurt for Knox, for me its always hard to see that happen to any young man that steps out on the field, no matter what is written across his chest. But to publish an article like this, the young man that wrote it should have done his homework. FIRST OF ALL to use the word "target" is taking it alittle to far IMHO. I am very close to the program, as is alot of people, but to be told the coaches "targeted" a kid for the sake of a W is the craziest thing i've every heard. And I also know 100% that both coaches decided not to shake hands after the game for the safety of the young men and as a parent thats the call i would have made. Lets not forget that 99% of the trouble caused before, during and after the game was conducted by adults on both sides. It always has and it always will.

Is there a link? Who wrote this article?

That could be a pretty damning article either way if it is accusing the Bell coaches of targeting a specific HS player and if there were bounty accusations.

If this is a public newspaper this could potentially result in a slander suit if it is found to be fabricated. If there is substance to it then the Bell staff should be harshly punished.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Is there a link? Who wrote this article?

That could be a pretty damning article either way if it is accusing the Bell coaches of targeting a specific HS player and if there were bounty accusations.

If this is a public newspaper this could potentially result in a slander suit if it is found to be fabricated. If there is substance to it then the Bell staff should be harshly punished.

I would love to see the article. What newspaper and there could be as you said EKU be a slander suit. I watched the replay the other night on the local channel and saw nothing that was being done to be a bounty case. I think that it comes on again to night I will watch it closely to see. I just don't see it happening.
What an idiot to write an article like that. If I am the owner or editor I am calling and begging Bell Co. Coaches and BOE not to sue. Write an article with no proof and false information how stupid can you get??????? Saying the kid got hit a entire quarter is ridiculous. I am going to say he didn't get hit 6 or 7 times the entire game and that includes when he had the ball.

IF their had been a bounty would he get hit in the chest??? Again some peoples ignorance amazes me. They better send the reporter back to wherever he came from!!!
Football1 Wrote:"For the Knox game both coaches agreed that it would be in the best interest. The Middlesboro game they didn't shake hands they were too busy celebrating. This game is over let it rest."

Totally disagree. Two head coaches agreeing not to shake hands after the game is not leadership nor sportsmanship. It is an admission by both that they have no control over their players. I know, respect, and like both men having sons who played for both. But if they are going to play this game they need to set the tone from Monday's practice that no bullshit will be tolerated and any of it that happens will be punished quickly. This is not a war against an enemy. It is a game played by neighbors who will someday work in the same coal mine or teach in the same school or fight against our enemies on the same battlefield. Teach these young men to respect not hate each other.

Bell needs to stop expecting Wayne to be Dudley and embrace him as the fine coach that he is. Get that pressure off his back so he can lead without fear of losing his job if he goes 6-4 one or two years.

And folks should not let it rest until the point is clear that neither community will tolerate their sons playing in a game like this again. Ever.

Exactly!!!!:thanks:
Knox
Until I see a link or copy of the article, I say its not true.
I myself would like to read this article. What paper published this?

Please do tell.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
I believe the newspaper is the Mtn. Advocate. If I were Wayne I would pursue legal action against the person who wrote it (Union College Student) and the newspaper. It's just not true plain and simple, and I'm not going to debate it with anyone on here. This is what journalism has come to in this country, no facts, just the author's opinion. The term for that used to be "slanted wringing".
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next