Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Middlesboro 17 Bell County 14
BobcatForever Wrote:Look like we moved the ball pretty good penalties killed both team Bell had 9 for 75 yards Boro had 8 for 90 yds

If I not mistaking bell had 5 unsportsman penalties but I could be wrong. And that is not why bell lost it was mistakes and head coaching. If i can say run it up the middle run it up the middle. So the defense can stack the box.
By the I still will support the bobcats but I do have a issue that I only seen two kids from bell go shake hands and the coaches and all the other players just walked off of the field. I know that it was crazy out there but even middlesboro coaches should have lined the kids up to shake hands that is what I call unsportmansbip. Good luck to both teams for the rest of there season and playoffs.
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:If I not mistaking bell had 5 unsportsman penalties but I could be wrong. And that is not why bell lost it was mistakes and head coaching. If i can say run it up the middle run it up the middle. So the defense can stack the box.

You must be mistaken based on the stats. Five unsportsmanlike penalties would be 75 yards in penalties.
Stop cry and move on .. Middlesboro football is better than Bell!!!!
Beat you the past two years..
Who cares who got the most yards, who got the most points?
Your Asst. Super said that Bell was a basketball school..
Bobcatsrocks Wrote:If I not mistaking bell had 5 unsportsman penalties but I could be wrong. And that is not why bell lost it was mistakes and head coaching. If i can say run it up the middle run it up the middle. So the defense can stack the box.

Bobcatsrocks Wrote:By the I still will support the bobcats but I do have a issue that I only seen two kids from bell go shake hands and the coaches and all the other players just walked off of the field. I know that it was crazy out there but even middlesboro coaches should have lined the kids up to shake hands that is what I call unsportmansbip. Good luck to both teams for the rest of there season and playoffs.

1st Give Mills (and coaching staff) a break, if he would have thrown and lost you would have been mad about throwing and not running the ball. Bell is not a passing school running limits exposure and turnovers. it's a coaching strategy that's proven. Plus off tackle was out of question with the speed of LBer's and if I'm not mistaken he's passing more than past teams

2nd Kids didn't shake hands be cause the atmosphere was electric for mboro on there home field ....how ever I do agree that this was not the best but not the worst either. All ways remember there where two sets of kids from our community on that field

3rd this is not the end of the world losing to a really good middlesboro team this will not change the talent level or end success of this team be patient and give Mills and the Kids some breathing room til the end of the season
From what I have seen of Bell County opening it up and throwing is the last thing they should be doing.

Bell is not a very fast team whatsoever. They are big..they are strong... but there is not an abundance of fast twitch fibers or guys who can make plays with their feet. Their defense is solid, but it is far from lights out and with the number of guys playing both ways it could be disastrous to see them have to play an extra 2-3 defensive possessions from the effect a passing offense could have from a clock standpoint.

Bell is a good running team... they would be a below average passing team.

Brutal honesty here... Bell simply isn't who we all thought they were after Week 1. At the time the South Pitt win looked really good... we all heard all the positive rumblings from the Bell faithful from the off-season.. then Bell followed that momentum up with two dominating wins over cream puffs.

It was all fool's gold.

South Pitt is not a good team at all... they are 1-3 with a lackluster schedule and lost to Sequatchie County, a weak team. Washington County and Whitley County will struggle to win 2 games. What Middlesboro exposed is Bell is still a team lacking playmakers on offense and a team who doesn't have very much team speed.

The positive for Bell is they still have one of the best Lines in 3A and their defense is still strong. Lots of football between now and November to improve and find their offensive mojo.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Nailed this one.

Gave Bell false hope all week

Whitley tricked Bell into making them think they were good Confusednicker:

:yikes:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Great atmosphere and game. Mboro done an excellent job of capitalizing on Bell mistakes and forcing some mistakes as well. Pittman on defense was the difference. Edwards made some timely throws when Mboro needed them. Mboro had less than 200 yards offense but still won. Pittman and Barton I would guess had less than 50 yds rushing. Bell had over 300 at least but too many fumbles and penalties. The cramps really hurt Bell in second half.

Great job by Mboro and good luck the rest of the year. Bell showed they still have a lot of work to do but the season is far from over!!!

Middlesboro finished with 236 total yards and Bell Co. had 249.
Time to move on Folks to next week Good game by both teams especially on the d side Good Luck to both on rest of season!!!
Props to #5 for Bell County , he impressed me the most.
Giving all the kids and coaching staff a break but mills never
Asst super? Do you really think people care about that comment? Do you really think we put stock into his comment?