Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knox Central 35 Harlan County 8
Knox Central has built a good program.
Its awful quiet in here....
Too quiet.
^
They don't have the stamina that this ole mule has.
We got beat and beat bad. Game is over and past. Why would we keep talking about it? We play JC this week.
bear claw Wrote:We got beat and beat bad. Game is over and past. Why would we keep talking about it? We play JC this week.

Because its too fun.
Maybe Demarcus is waiting on you at the gym Gut!!!
You rang Confusednicker: Oh my workout buddy knows when I'm there.
What is Guts max on bench. The bar?? Lol.
skully03 Wrote:What is Guts max on bench. The bar?? Lol.
Not sure about his max but he reps 350...
You suck GUT!!! I know you are eating this up. By the way, the pictures of pre and post 2014 was freakin hilarious.
I have heard that the wheels are starting to come off of the bus and the kids are starting to exit. Just a rumor that I heard. Don't know how accurate that is.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Be careful about the bragging PJ, we are talking about a district where a well coached JV team would have a chance Confusednicker: so being district champ isn't that impressive.

sad but true.
Pete Wrote:Knox Central has built a good program.

have they?
Demarcus ware Wrote:I support this team just as much as anyone on here if not more than most. I don't even live in HC anymore but my butt is at the games home and away. I've never doubted one player that has played at HC, and I'm not taking away from anything in the past but we don't live in the past we live in the present. NO adjustments during the game, NO adjustments at halftime, no game plan. We go out there and wing it. We've ran the same three plays to start the game in 3 of the 4 games. I know this cause sitting in the stands I called it. We had 8 stacked in the box and we run right at it. Am I a coach NO I'm not but I've been around long enough to see when a coach is interested in the game being played. Show me where some adjustments have been made cause I know there isn't any to show. Now we can thump our chest and say what we've done in the past but what good is that? Larkey has done some really good things in the past but all good things come to an end. And that end started peeking its ugly head last year. These kids, the school and the community deserve a better effort now. If everyone thinks I'm the only one thinking it then think again. I'm just brave enough to say it. Like I said the past is the past, time to live in the present. HC should win the district this year because this district is down something awful. so if they don't then what?

We're working on changing that.
Demarcus ware Wrote:Not sure about his max but he reps 350...

And im not near as strong as demarcus.

I might be twice as big, but pound for pound demarcus takes me in a cakewalk.
hitemup Wrote:I have heard that the wheels are starting to come off of the bus and the kids are starting to exit. Just a rumor that I heard. Don't know how accurate that is.

There following Demarcus to Whitley County.

I think they are ending up at Williamsburg though :HitWall:
Pete Wrote:Knox Central has built a good program.

Knox has built a competitive program, but there still a little ways off. I think they win district this year with ease, but just like Whitley, they've had the unfortunate history of being stuck in districts with teams like Bell, Rock, and others who seem to have ridicolous seasons out of nowhere like Russell County did.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There following Demarcus to Whitley County.

:hilarious:
:dontthink

RunItUpTheGut Wrote:There following Demarcus to Whitley County.

That will be the day!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Living The Dream!!
Quote:I support this team just as much as anyone on here if not more than most. I don't even live in HC anymore but my butt is at the games home and away. I've never doubted one player that has played at HC, and I'm not taking away from anything in the past but we don't live in the past we live in the present. NO adjustments during the game, NO adjustments at halftime, no game plan. We go out there and wing it. We've ran the same three plays to start the game in 3 of the 4 games. I know this cause sitting in the stands I called it. We had 8 stacked in the box and we run right at it. Am I a coach NO I'm not but I've been around long enough to see when a coach is interested in the game being played. Show me where some adjustments have been made cause I know there isn't any to show. Now we can thump our chest and say what we've done in the past but what good is that? Larkey has done some really good things in the past but all good things come to an end. And that end started peeking its ugly head last year. These kids, the school and the community deserve a better effort now. If everyone thinks I'm the only one thinking it then think again. I'm just brave enough to say it. Like I said the past is the past, time to live in the present. HC should win the district this year because this district is down something awful. so if they don't then what?

I can't believe how fast people jump off the bandwagon and start calling for a coach's head. You do realize that 2 years ago, HC played in the state semifinals. 2 years before that they played in the state semi-finals. That's not like its the distant past. Its not been all that long ago that Harlan County football teams went 20 years and only won 1 playoff game...and that was a Cumberland win over Jenkins. The fact is this Harlan County team is not as talented as some others have been. Two years from now, we'll see another really good football team--if these kids don't listen to nonsense from armchair quarterbacks. HC lost a talented group of seniors plus another 7-8 kids who would have been starters this year for a variety of reasons. Just in the last week, they've lost another to injury and another left the team. While I don't agree with everything Larkey does or all of his playcalling, I do know that he is a heck of a football coach. We live in Harlan County--there's not going to be wave after wave of talent like you find in some other places. There will be years where the talent pool isn't as large as it is in other years. How about we support our kids (and coaches), watch them win ANOTHER district championship, and enjoy a consistent level of football that we've not seen in a long time--probably before either of us were born.
Joker's Wild Wrote:I can't believe how fast people jump off the bandwagon and start calling for a coach's head. You do realize that 2 years ago, HC played in the state semifinals. 2 years before that they played in the state semi-finals. That's not like its the distant past. Its not been all that long ago that Harlan County football teams went 20 years and only won 1 playoff game...and that was a Cumberland win over Jenkins. The fact is this Harlan County team is not as talented as some others have been. Two years from now, we'll see another really good football team--if these kids don't listen to nonsense from armchair quarterbacks. HC lost a talented group of seniors plus another 7-8 kids who would have been starters this year for a variety of reasons. Just in the last week, they've lost another to injury and another left the team. While I don't agree with everything Larkey does or all of his playcalling, I do know that he is a heck of a football coach. We live in Harlan County--there's not going to be wave after wave of talent like you find in some other places. There will be years where the talent pool isn't as large as it is in other years. How about we support our kids (and coaches), watch them win ANOTHER district championship, and enjoy a consistent level of football that we've not seen in a long time--probably before either of us were born.
HA! Shows how much you know. I wanted him gone last year when he had one of the most talented teams in 5A and let the wheels fall off cause he lost control as a coach. So much for jumping off the bandwagon. As for winning another district championship PLEASE.. A well coached JV team would have a chance in this district. Everyone wants to make excuses like how young we are, here's a thought. Last year we was loaded with seniors, a young Belfry team comes in and whips our butt on our own field. And why was that? We was out coached, as usual. At the half Haywood did what good coaches do he made the necessary adjustments, we never make adjustments and I mean NEVER. as for it being Harlan county we won't have waves of talent. HOGWASH. Take the talent you have, develop players young, play to their strengths instead of just trying to run over everyone no matter what you have on the field. Coaches evolve ours don't. Eventually your off tackle plays don't produce and you have to find what does. Its time to stop making excuses for the one trick pony show.
Fred Massey and Josh Lee left Harlan County hurts........Just saying. :worthy:
64SUR Wrote:Fred Massey and Josh Lee left Harlan County hurts........Just saying. :worthy:

I didn't know Fred left. Where did he go?
papagrit Wrote:I didn't know Fred left. Where did he go?
Williamsburg
Demarcus ware Wrote:Williamsburg

Thanks!:Thumbs:
I hope the kid is doing OK. I met him at a football camp when he was a freshman. He was a big joker then and very likable.
Let me make myself clear. I am not calling for the coaches heads and I am not giving up on these kids. I just want to see 110% from ALL! I saw a lot of heads hung and a lot of walking around Friday night. To correct that it starts with coaches all the way down to the seniors. Again, I want to say it is not all but it is very noticeable. When times get hard on Friday night. I love this team and coaches and I will continue to root for them. But I can't stand to see half @$$ efforts.

Demarcus has every right to say what he feels. If he wants a change then he has every right to express that, thanks to our vets and current military allowing us the opportunity to say what we feel. Demarcus loves this program.
papagrit Wrote:Thanks!:Thumbs:
I hope the kid is doing OK. I met him at a football camp when he was a freshman. He was a big joker then and very likable.
Yeah everyone loved Fred. Williamsburg got a good one.
^
When times get hard on Friday night should have went with the sentence preceding it. Sorry.
I hope the coaching situation never changes :biggrin: