Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley vs. Belfry
is this good for ya? R-U-S-S-E-L-L ! Smile
Belfry will definately win. After the loss to SC they're gonna be ready to redeem themselves. Whether or not the score is high Belfry is gonna be hitting hard.
that single A team all those valley people talk about was trailing arguably the #1 team in class 4A by only 14 points in the third quarter..Pikeville would destroy Valley. And all those Valley people go to bed thanking God they dont have to play them. Because getting drubbed by 50 to Belfry every year is bad enough for them.
Coach Wrote:The Single A school that almost beat us would beat every AA school in our area except for maybe Sheldon Clark and us. And they could very well beat Sheldon Clark and us too. If you forget Shelby Valley did get beat by a single a school from West Virginia..and trust me..Matewan is nowhere near Newport Central Catholic's level.
Belfry could beat Valley like Valley beat Phelps IF COACH HAYWOOD DIDNT PULL HIS STARTERS IN THE SECOND QUARTER UP 58-0..
SVWildcat2010 Wrote:The Valley players I have talked to wants Belfry to BRING IT! They want to prove they are a program that isnt a joke anymore and the way to do that would be to play with and maybe even upset the top dawg in football in this area. It was said that Belfry can beat Valley like Valley beat Phelps. Valley players wont allow that to happen. No way! Valley is to good of a team for that to EVER happen.
I personally think that this is what we will see:
- Belfry will score around 28 points in the first half, running a very conservative offense.
-Belfry will completely shut down the Valley offense in the first half.
- During most of the third quarter look for Belfry to score another couple TD's while working on their passing game.
-At 42-0 or the start of the 4th quarter, whichever comes first, expect Belfry to sub very, very heavy

Don't expect Belfry to put over 42 up,,, and don't expect Valley to score on the Pirate's first string defense.

Belfry will play conservative, not wanting to show too much, and Haywood will reduce the chance of injury as much as possible.
Same ol Shelby valley and the same ol Belfry

Belfry will win 66-0 but it could be worse if they wanted.
Poor Ole' Phelps... they aren't even playing either team and are gettin more "coverage" on this thread than any other on the board!!!!
Yea Belfry wont humiliate Valley but it's gonna be a blowout nonetheless.
belfry wins this one BIG.
Belfry runs away with this one.. there not as good as the team from a couple of years ago that won state but they are good enough to beat sv
Are they just good enough to beat Valley? Or are they good enough to tromple Valley?
oh they are good enough to beat them by like 3+ touchdowns i think
Does everyone HONESTLY think that Belfry will beat them by more than 30...Honestly
Yes.
NO They Won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
kysportsguru Wrote:NO They Won't!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Explain your reasoning....

Why will this year be different than every single other meeting in the history of the school?
Because Belfry is not asa good as they have been in the past few years.
They are still plenty good enough to beat the tar out of Valley.
Is Tyler Johnson playing tonight.
It still won't matter.
Belfry is, always will be 30 points better than Valley...Dont matter what kind of team they put on the field, for either team...I remember in '99, Valley was 9-0, Belfry was 6-3, or something like that and still pounded the snot out of Valley 28-6, ...and it will ALWAYS be that way, because while Belfry plays one of the toughest non-district schedules in 2A, Valley is beating up on Phelps, and running their records up...Belfry will win this by whatever in the hell they want the score to be. Go Pirates, Crush Valley.
Agreed TidesHoss!
The scary thing about it is that they willl get two doses of the BIG RED
Belfys D will be ready after that terrible performance against Sheldon Clark. I'll take the Pirates in a shutout 38-0.
kysportsguru Wrote:Because Belfry is not asa good as they have been in the past few years.

This seems fun.. Do you wanna make a side bet on here.. that Belfry wins by more than 30?
Belfry by whatever they want. But it would be hard to bet a score without knowing how much time coach wants to give the jv/freshman....We all know Haywood has too much class to run it up!
Scary guys... Belfry wins big but this rain could make for a tough evening for both teams icluding me and the rest of the football fans out there.
Hold on to that ball guys. Please!!!
BIG JOHN Wrote:Hold on to that ball guys. Please!!!

LOL YES Really PLEASE

Its going to be a rough night for sure and its parents night for Belfry.
A littl injury update for the wildcats.

Definates-
Tyler Cable-out(knee)
Tyler Johnson-out(leg)

From the info I have recieved-
Questionable-
Brock Kinney, John Johnson, Dillion Huges

Valleys playing without a few key players evry one of them start. Could get ugly at Cam. I for one am just hoping Belfry can't just hold on to the ball. Belfry still wins. But Im pulling for the upset. COME ON CATS MAKE US PROUD!
Sorry bro! Aint gonna happen!! 40 somthin to nuttin. At the half!