Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class 1a - Best of the Best Challenge
I can tell you quiet a bit about 9 of those teams, because I saw them up close and personal. Yes the 09, 98, 05 teams belong in there. However the top 2 are 10 & 02. I would say the next should be 98, 05 and 12.
I think that 1998 Middlesboro team had a 5 star player in Durrell White I believe.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:The results are in on the statistical comparison vs the BGPRival pickers:

1st Place - Smashmouth47 - He picked 4 of the Top 5 teams and was only off by a total of 4 spots..

2nd Place - KillBilly USMC - He picked 4 of the Top 5 teams and was only off by a total of 8 spots..

3rd Place - MayfieldCardinal - He picked 3 of the Top 5 teams and was only off by a total of 11 spots..

4th Place - 64SUR - He picked 4 of the Top 5 teams and was only off by a total of 13 spots...

5th Place - KyHSFbFan - He picked 3 of the Top 5 teams and was only off by a total of 14 spots...

6th Place - Touusaints - off 15 spots
7th Place - Bac2369 - off 16 spots
8th Place - ScottyBronson - off 19 spots
9th Place - MySonis55 - off 20 spots
10th Place - EKUAlum05 - off 26 spots

Congratulations Smashmouth47 !!! You are the man that knows his 1a football !!!
I think I was the only 1 to get 1-4 exactly right my fifth choice killed me.
killbilly usmc Wrote:I think I was the only 1 to get 1-4 exactly right my fifth choice killed me.

Seems like the ones that didn't fare as well had the 09 LCA team way up there, but, there defense just gave up too many points and there strength of schedule was low, as well. Still a helluva team though.. I was surprised the 99 Beechwood team wasn't higher, too. Thats the one that killed you..
At least I beat 55, he did terrible.
mysonis55 Wrote:I can tell you quiet a bit about 9 of those teams, because I saw them up close and personal. Yes the 09, 98, 05 teams belong in there. However the top 2 are 10 & 02. I would say the next should be 98, 05 and 12.

That 05 NCC team was very good, but, they did have 2 losses on there resume and one of those was a 42-0 defeat to Cov Catholic. That CC team was a good team that gave eventual champ Lex Cath all it wanted, but, they were only 6-5 in games vs other opposition and the Ohio teams they played that year, they were completely blown out. That NCC team also lost to BWood that year that was only 7-4 vs other teams and not one of there better teams. That NCC team looked like world beaters in the championship and I do think they kept getting better and better as the season wore on, but, I'm not sure there entire body of work thruout the season would justify putting them in the Top 5 against some of these other teams, who were arguably more dominant from start to finish..
Man the 05 team had a gun slinger. The had a huge de as well. They had plenty in the rec core. I think the 09 team was about as complete of a team as you could get.
Just man up 55 you don't know football.
Yeah, whatever. There is no real way to say who would be better. I would love to see them play for real though.
I still think 2011 mayfield is better than all of them.
My goal was to beat Mysonis55.

64SUR 4th Place
Mysonis55 9th Place

:lmao:
64, I will let you have that one just as long as I'm #1 and y'all are #2 or less.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:55, You can talk heart all you want but you're only measuring the teams heart that you know. I guarantee you all 16 of these teams had exactly the type players that you described about the 02 team. Those intangibles are what made them champions. Truthfully, I thought the 09 LCA team was better than what they came out here. The 05 NCC team was, too, strickly from the look test, but, the overall numbers didn't support that. With that said, I still think these #s are a better indicator than just blind opinions. I doubt anyone knows the ins and outs of everyone of these teams, just there own.

While in the case of the 02 Mayfield team, adding Milans and Altoffs records may have made there nondistrict opponents records better and ranked that category a little higher, I don't think it would have pushed them up that many spots. The same could be said about several of the teams. One of Beechwoods teams didn't get the benefit of Irontons record, for example. Plus, those Beechwood teams non district opponents records didn't look as good as some others in some cases because teams like Cov Catholic would have a 5-5 record because they were playing teams like Moeller, Elder, etc. Some of those teams would have been 10-2 or so had they just played instate competition. So, it affected others, not just Mayfield.

That is what you are doing!!! If you don't know Pikeville 1987 you don't know Class A football in Kentucky!!!:please:
The thing is we will never be able to prove how any of these teams would have done against the other. We can project it all we want but until they are on the grass together, it doesn't matter.
KYHSFBFan Wrote:That 05 NCC team was very good, but, they did have 2 losses on there resume and one of those was a 42-0 defeat to Cov Catholic. That CC team was a good team that gave eventual champ Lex Cath all it wanted, but, they were only 6-5 in games vs other opposition and the Ohio teams they played that year, they were completely blown out. That NCC team also lost to BWood that year that was only 7-4 vs other teams and not one of there better teams. That NCC team looked like world beaters in the championship and I do think they kept getting better and better as the season wore on, but, I'm not sure there entire body of work thruout the season would justify putting them in the Top 5 against some of these other teams, who were arguably more dominant from start to finish..

They did have 2 losses. Absolute turnover fests. They did beat Ryle that year. They did lose to Beechwood in regular season play. However, they smoked a LCA team who beat Beechwood the week before. They smoooooooooooooooked Mayfield in the finals. That passing game w Diehl to Cannafax, Koors, Beuter, quite a few others. Mayfield, LCA, Bellevue...All smoked.
They didn't just have a passing game. They had on heck of a running back.
64SUR Wrote:Give me the trophy. :mop:
64, Thanks for picking it up and make sure you polish your fingerprints off it before handing it over. Smile
Smashmouth, in case you don't know 64 is doing his best to pick up a trophy this year. He has increased his adopted teams to 64 strong this year. He added about 3-4 more in each class.
They ought to rename this site 1A Preps.
Works for me. That is til next year.