Poll: Who gets the W??
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland Rams
38.71%
Fairview Eagles
61.29%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland vs Fairview
[quote=Scotty_Bronson]No its not. Imparticular its put too much pressure on the kids. Im not taking anything away from Adam, he is a great kid and a good auarter back, But Grizzle, Boyles, Nd Pettery are probably the best qbs to come out of Raceland. Adam is up there as well, but Scott and Tyler, especially Tyler had football IQs that were off the charts. Elkins has Grizzle as his qb coach, so it has been a big help. He just doest have the same arm other two had.

It seems to me Elkins would have much better suited at running back. He is a good solid down hill runner and he seems to have the type of awareness and vision that good running backs have. He is an alright quarterback but I believe his talents and potential were wasted at the quarterback position.
Adam is a great kid and a good leader. He is a good athelete and a smart kid. He probably had his best season as a sophomore. He makes good decisions and doesnt throw alot of interceptions. Sometimes maturity, intelligence, work ethic, and leadership will put a kid undercenter over arm strength. He is a great kid that deserves all he attains.
I never said he wasn't a good kid or athlete and I didn't question his work ethic or intelligence. All I was saying was I believe his skills set would have been better suited for the running back position rather than at quarterback.
Orange Blaze Wrote:I never said he wasn't a good kid or athlete and I didn't question his work ethic or intelligence. All I was saying was I believe his skills set would have been better suited for the running back position rather than at quarterback.

My appologies Blaze. I wasnt meaning to sound defensive or argumenative. I was just making a statement as to why he was behind center and not in the backfield. I read what I wrote and it sounded like i was doing so. I agree though. Adam has good vision and he actualky hits the whole pretty hard. I think i his sophomore year, he was the best viable option at QB. As a junior he dis enough to secure his job, even with Messer having the ability to do the job as well. I think Adam is there because he knows the offense well and the guys in the huddle respect him. Again, I wasnt trying to make it seem that u were discrediting Adam, I know tht is not in your nature, my response was poorly worded.

I will be interested to see who takes over next year at QB. Do you take Messer away from WR? Do you put another Soph there wit Nick Caldwell? Do you give the junior Blake Preston the job? I say u see Messer there and a more runoption qb. He is very similar to the kid from Lawrence County.
Your fine Scotty, the bad thing about these message boards is how easy it is to take things out of context. I agree with you that he does have those intangible qualities that make for a good leader and that is probably what secured his position at quarterback. His ability to run has made him a a very good duel threat QB. As much as people like to criticize Salmons I will have to say that he has done well at getting the most out of Adam with his abilities. Even though he has done well playing QB it would have been interesting to see him , Beach, and Litteral in the backfield with Messer as a deep threat. I believe they could have had one of the best rushing teams in the state if they had that triple treat.
Things are looking grim for Fairview's D . As of today FHS has lost 4 starters from there defense . RB/DB King collarbone , DL Fitchpatrick broken ankle gone for yr , #67 DL Davis as of today gone for yr with a stress fracture , & 3 yr starting DE/DB Chris Perkins also gone for the yr .hopefully some of our young talent can step up
As far as next year goes I am going to say something that most Ram fans don't want to hear. Messer needs to sit out his senior season and focus on track. He is a good football player but he is D1 good in track and it would be a shame to see him lose an opportunity to go to a big time program in track because he got injured playing football.
Flint Northweed is a sissy!
Is it Friday yet???
^^i wish! I am wondering how 100% all the Fairview injuries r. Talon is generally pretty up to dae on all that. Hate to hear both teams will be wothout some of the main starters.
Some good teams in 1A East:
Williamsburg
Pikeville
Hazard
Raceland
Fairview
Paintsville

I think Williamsburg will make it to state finals to play Mayfield. That's my prediction and I keep up with high school football and I'm not a fan of either of these schools.
Fairview is in a rebuilding mode after last season, injuries have struck their team more than the Rams it appears, losing 4 defensive starters is huge. There are no reasons Raceland shouldn't easily win this game. If Fairview wins it will go a little deeper than just the players, it would simply be a result of being outcoached. Raceland has only lost 2 close games that they should have won so I think Raceland wins big, maybe a 50-30 score.
pugsley79 Wrote:Some good teams in 1A East:
Williamsburg
Pikeville
Hazard
Raceland
Fairview
Paintsville

I think Williamsburg will make it to state finals to play Mayfield. That's my prediction and I keep up with high school football and I'm not a fan of either of these schools.

I think you got your threads mixed up..
voice of reason Wrote:Fairview is in a rebuilding mode after last season, injuries have struck their team more than the Rams it appears, losing 4 defensive starters is huge. There are no reasons Raceland shouldn't easily win this game. If Fairview wins it will go a little deeper than just the players, it would simply be a result of being outcoached. Raceland has only lost 2 close games that they should have won so I think Raceland wins big, maybe a 50-30 score.

Fairviews physicality will make up for the injuries. They have been more physical than Raceland the last few years. Injuries or not, neither team will blow the other out. Its a 1-2 td win one way or another.
Raceland's defense has showed to be hard to run on the edges. What they have also shown is being suspect to giving up yards b gap to b gap. Defensivley i think it cones down to how much Fairview decides to use McKnight and how Raceland does stopping him. Offensively it will be getting Beech going early. Last year we lost him in the 2nd quarter and we lost all speed on the edge. Snyder, Christian, and Walker will fill the roll left by Litteral just fine. His leadership however will be hard to replace. I look for Vance to be a key on offense as well with as much attention as Messer and Beech will get. Lord...is it Friday yet?
With the football attention that Messer is getting, I would not go past him going to a school to do both. Split scholarship in some ways. I would also be interested in seeing how the selection is going to pan out. Do you take your best Football scholarship, and play SEC or do you play somewhere smaller and run track along with football? I do not see him setting his senior year of football. Yes he is very good at track but FAMILY has alot to do with the decision for football , and by that I mean that the boys are family and he will play not that Messers family will make him play. Messer will make his decision and I think it will be playing football and enjoying a great senior year with a great family of guys who want to be there. HECK some of them will be 3 year starters next year too.
RamPride Wrote:With the football attention that Messer is getting, I would not go past him going to a school to do both. Split scholarship in some ways. I would also be interested in seeing how the selection is going to pan out. Do you take your best Football scholarship, and play SEC or do you play somewhere smaller and run track along with football? I do not see him setting his senior year of football. Yes he is very good at track but FAMILY has alot to do with the decision for football , and by that I mean that the boys are family and he will play not that Messers family will make him play. Messer will make his decision and I think it will be playing football and enjoying a great senior year with a great family of guys who want to be there. HECK some of them will be 3 year starters next year too.

I agree and realistically I don't see him sitting out his senior year for all of the reasons that you said and also he seems to have a love for the game that will not allow him to sit out. I was merely stating that I believe he will have a more successful career in track than football at the next level. Conner is a great athlete and more importantly, he is a good kid who has solid character and sky's the limit for him.
Ticket prices raisied for this game? Rumor has it no bands for halftime. UFC steelcage match sponsered by VISINE involving Clinty-Boy, EYE-Sore & Butt Devil. What a halftime show., football is secondary this night. No one will remember who won the football game {which will be Fairview} but the halftime fight will be talked about for decades!
^^^now that is funny!
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Flint Northweed is a sissy!

RAM-A-BUTT, you can never yank my chain and get me upset so you and little boy keep your private messages going. And by the way if you knew as much as you think you know about football then Hoof and even TJ would have asked you to be on the sidelines. So please keep being a boring commenting spectator that you are.
LionEagle Wrote:Ticket prices raisied for this game? Rumor has it no bands for halftime. UFC steelcage match sponsered by VISINE involving Clinty-Boy, EYE-Sore & Butt Devil. What a halftime show., football is secondary this night. No one will remember who won the football game {which will be Fairview} but the halftime fight will be talked about for decades!

I think you might have meant Vaseline for Eye candy and Butt Head
Orange Blaze, the Rams don't need fans like you. You, RamCat, and RamDad need to sit on the Westwood side Friday night and take all your negativity with you. Don't wanna hear you after the Rams prove you wrong Friday. If your not with us, you're against us. Not to mention you have no clue what you guys are talking about half the time.
There's a reason idiots like Orange Blaze RamCat and RamDad are sitting in the stands.. Y'all are hilarious.
Do we need to sit up a cage on the south end of the lawn Friday night? Be sure to get a full grown trained German Shepherd as a guide dog for little boy. He will have a patch over both eyes come Friday night and will need help navigating to the concession stand for some ice and coney dogs.
Sec?
Clint Westwood Wrote:RAM-A-BUTT, you can never yank my chain and get me upset so you and little boy keep your private messages going. And by the way if you knew as much as you think you know about football then Hoof and even TJ would have asked you to be on the sidelines. So please keep being a boring commenting spectator that you are.

don't make me angry Flint morningwood! You wouldn't like me if I get angry.:ChairHit:
I would love to be wrong and see Raceland beat Fairview and I never said it wasn't possible. It is just hard to have faith in a team that has yet to beat a respectable opponent. Even if Raceland wins Friday the season isn't over so this week shouldn't be considered the Super Bowl for this team. If by pointing out the fact that Raceland and its fans have an unfounded belief that Raceland should be a powerhouse makes me negative then yes I am negative. But before you talk about this superiority of Raceland football please go in the trophy case and show me all of the state championships, in fact please show me all of the regional championships. In 80+ years of football not one regional or state championship has ever been won and only a handful of playoff games have been won. The culture at Raceland has always been about winning the district and until that mindset changes the program will never go to the next level that everyone desires. You are right I am not on the sidelines and I don't doubt that the coaches do much better than I would. But the fact is the game is about winning the hardware and not just this coaching staff but every staff has failed to do that up to this point.
NoPicks Wrote:Orange Blaze, the Rams don't need fans like you. You, RamCat, and RamDad need to sit on the Westwood side Friday night and take all your negativity with you. Don't wanna hear you after the Rams prove you wrong Friday. If your not with us, you're against us. Not to mention you have no clue what you guys are talking about half the time.

I stated what I believe would happen, that's all. This is an open forum, and it's meant for debate. I didn't slander you, I don't know why you have to call me an idiot. Since TJ has taken over, how many toss up games have they won? And by toss-up games, I mean games that Raceland was not heavily favored to win. To the best of my knowledge, they have won zero. I have also said that TJ will earn my respect when he does win one of those games.
Clint Westwood Wrote:Do we need to sit up a cage on the south end of the lawn Friday night? Be sure to get a full grown trained German Shepherd as a guide dog for little boy. He will have a patch over both eyes come Friday night and will need help navigating to the concession stand for some ice and coney dogs.

Yes!!! A cage that you wont be coming back out of. HELL IN A CELL!!:devilflam
FBALL Wrote:Sec?

YES.......only the best football league in these United States! What rock you been under?
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next