Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just incase anybody is wondering.....
[YOUTUBE="Choice?"]QJtjqLUHYoY[/YOUTUBE]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Gotta poop outta that hole!
When did you choose to be straight? Do you remember when it happened?
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Gay marriage might be "accepted" in today's world.....

But make no mistake. No matter how "correct", "equal" or "fair" people are trying to say gay rights out to be... It is wrong.

And yes.... I know several members of this site are pro-gay rights. And I would bet a farm in Georgia (if I had one to bet) that as soon as some of them see this thread, they are gonna blow it up with anti-God posts. And how some of them don't believe in God, Jesus or the Bible. And thats fine, I have no power to change anybody's mind. Thats not what we are supposed to do, humans can not Save or Redeem anybody. That is why Jesus died... Save those that are lost. We had a guest preacher last Sunday... His message was "By ourselfs, we can't accomplish anything... But when God gives us a mission, and we let Him direct us... He will and always has made a way".

I'm gonna post some Bible verses (KJV) about what God says about homosexuality. But feel free to do your own research. And like I said eariler... there will be some members on here that say the Bible is a "fairy tail" or a "story book". But I'm not starting this thread to make anybody mad. It's our responsibility (those that are Saved) to minister to the lost.

I joined this site because of high school and college sports... But if I can use BGR to minister, then thank you Jesus.
When did you choose to be straight? Do you remember the time?
TheRealVille Wrote:When did you choose to be straight? Do you remember when it happened?

When i was 7. I seen Elton John on TV and said i choose to be straight.
Your not born to like the same sex. You human instincts tell you to go after the opposite sex. Not once have i ever been turned on by a man. And neither has any other male.

[YOUTUBE="Realvilles Anthem"]wV1FrqwZyKw[/YOUTUBE]
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:When i was 7. I seen Elton John on TV and said i choose to be straight.
Your not born to like the same sex. You human instincts tell you to go after the opposite sex. Not once have i ever been turned on by a man. And neither has any other male.
Not if a gene or something predisposes them to like the same sex.
I wonder how there are so many gay men, then? That's the point, gays say they have always liked people of the same sex.
TheRealVille Wrote:Not if a gene or something predisposes them to like the same sex.
I wonder how there are so many gay men, then? That's the point, gays say they have always liked people of the same sex.

you certainly seem to be all about gay rights
the closet it open

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VAYfOQtoiZM/Tu...ng-out.jpg]
TheRealVille Wrote:Not if a gene or something predisposes them to like the same sex.

In all honesty, if there is another gene that is making them that way, then we should do everything we can to get these people help, especially psychological.

There are so many gay people, IMO, because they are insecure about going after the opposite sex, and the biggest reason IMO, is because they have feminine qualities and get bullied, so they go all out.

JMO...
WideMiddle03 Wrote:you certainly seem to be all about gay rights
the closet it open

[Image: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-VAYfOQtoiZM/Tu...ng-out.jpg]
Straight as an arrow, have gay family.
TheRealVille Wrote:Straight as an arrow, have gay family.

the closet is open

PREY THE GAY AWAY
TheRealVille Wrote:When did you choose to be straight? Do you remember when it happened?

Straight is not a choice, it is the natural state of creation. Remember, "male and female created He them"? Now, being gay is a choice and that is exactly why God is justified in judging those who make that choice. They are choosing to live a life style that He will judge.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

No such thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:No such thing.
Has to be. You tell me what else would make one man want to do to another man, what RIUTG described in a previous post. That is sickening to any man that is not gay. Why would anybody want to do that, if they weren't predisposed to it?
^
Attention is the first thing that comes to mind...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Attention is the first thing that comes to mind...
I wouldn't think so RIUTG. I knew my family member was going to be gay at a very, very young age. And, it's isn't easy being gay, as far as I can see from how they are treated. I couldn't imagine someone doing something that the thought of doing, for someone straight, like us, makes them feel kinda of grossed out. It just doesn't make sense. The way you and I feel is along the same lines. It's kind of sickening to straight people like us, to even think about that kind of sex. And, being gay isn't easy in this world, I couldn't imagine someone would want to feel that ostracized, and sometimes get hurt, just to get attention.
I believe that some people are born gay and some people choose to be gay as mentioned in the video RV posted...

Case in point, one of my wife's cousins from a young age had gay tendencies that everyone wasn't surprised when she somewhat came out of the closet. A second cousin of hers seemed to be straight until she hit high school and then started dating a girl, she has since broken up with her and has been dating a guy for sometime now. In her case I believe she was just looking for love. In the other instance, I believe she was born with a homosexual mind set.

People can be born with male and female parts, they can be born with mental or physical disabilities, so why can't they be born to desire someone of their own sex? Both men and women have Estrogen and Testosterone, so I am pretty sure that if a young boy is born with high levels of estrogen he would exhibit feminine behaviors and be gay but not by his choosing. Maybe his body his telling him which way to go.

Food for thought...
Not wanting to offend anybody who has commented about the matter of what makes somebody homosexual on here. But, consider this. There was only one people that God chose to destroy utterly. The place in which their city once stood is barren to this day, not even grass will grow there. Sodom is mentioned 49 times in the Bible, quite a lot for a single city. Each time Sodom is mentioned it carries grim consequences for those to whom it is directed. The sin of Sodom was so sickening to the Lord that He destroyed that people completely and, as is mentioned in 2 Peter 2:6 (KJV)
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

In other words, God wanted to convey in the strongest terms possible that the homosexual life style will bring the strongest possible judgment on those who choose to go down that path. Sodom was intended therefore to be the ultimate object lesson. It's only fair to assume, and logic dictates that He is not going to doom folks to hell for behaving in a way that He designed them to want to do before they were even formed in their mother's womb. " Psalm 139:15-16 (KJV)
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

When God says a certain behavior is an abomination unto Him, He's not word playing. There is no ambiguity in God's Word, and He knows how to say something in a way so that His meaning is clear. Sodom was consumed by fire for the sin of homosexuality and all manner of other sexual sins.

This idea that we can sort of excuse folks for being a homosexual because of some reason is not doing them any favors. And America's acceptance of the homosexual life style is going to get us burnt, pun intended. Obviously, anybody who turns away from their sin and asks forgiveness will receive it. But, for us to think that legalizing it, or taking endless polls to see what folks think and if there is a trend toward acceptance, or repackage it saying that we need to "move forward" are nothing more than rationalizations. Aimed at excusing behavior that God has clearly condemned. The very same rationalization in fact, that led to man's fall in the first place. The eloquent rationalizer, Satan. Talks Eve into doing something she really wanted to do in the first place. (I believe Adam ate of the fruit because of his love for Eve, he knew it would bring down the dire consequences God had forewarned about but, he chose to take his lumps with Eve.) Man always wants to sort of talk himself into something he knows he shouldn't do. All the justifying and comparisons in the world will not change what God has said on the matter.

So, if people truly care about those who have been overtaken by the sin of homosexuality and really do want to help them, they need to make it clear that though none of us has the right to judge another man, we still have the very clear teachings of God and He doesn't accept rationalizations. Not from the SCOTUS, the DNC or anybody else. To condone the lifestyle is to facilitate, abet, slake the conscience, however one puts it. We are to point out how wrong it is as graciously as possible, without ever condoning that sin. And, after all, it is God Who judges sin, so it is He they must ask forgiveness from. Family and most friends will follow suit.

Ultimately, those who take issue with whether it is okay to be gay, or whether it is a natural state, are making their argument with God whether they recognize that fact or not.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Not wanting to offend anybody who has commented about the matter of what makes somebody homosexual on here. But, consider this. There was only one people that God chose to destroy utterly. The place in which their city once stood is barren to this day, not even grass will grow there. Sodom is mentioned 49 times in the Bible, quite a lot for a single city. Each time Sodom is mentioned it carries grim consequences for those to whom it is directed. The sin of Sodom was so sickening to the Lord that He destroyed that people completely and, as is mentioned in 2 Peter 2:6 (KJV)
6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

In other words, God wanted to convey in the strongest terms possible that the homosexual life style will bring the strongest possible judgment on those who choose to go down that path. Sodom was intended therefore to be the ultimate object lesson. It's only fair to assume, and logic dictates that He is not going to doom folks to hell for behaving in a way that He designed them to want to do before they were even formed in their mother's womb. " Psalm 139:15-16 (KJV)
15 My substance was not hid from thee, when I was made in secret, and curiously wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.
16 Thine eyes did see my substance, yet being unperfect; and in thy book all my members were written, which in continuance were fashioned, when as yet there was none of them."

When God says a certain behavior is an abomination unto Him, He's not word playing. There is no ambiguity in God's Word, and He knows how to say something in a way so that His meaning is clear. Sodom was consumed by fire for the sin of homosexuality and all manner of other sexual sins.

This idea that we can sort of excuse folks for being a homosexual because of some reason is not doing them any favors. And America's acceptance of the homosexual life style is going to get us burnt, pun intended. Obviously, anybody who turns away from their sin and asks forgiveness will receive it. But, for us to think that legalizing it, or taking endless polls to see what folks think and if there is a trend toward acceptance, or repackage it saying that we need to "move forward" are nothing more than rationalizations. Aimed at excusing behavior that God has clearly condemned. The very same rationalization in fact, that led to man's fall in the first place. The eloquent rationalizer, Satan. Talks Eve into doing something she really wanted to do in the first place. (I believe Adam ate of the fruit because of his love for Eve, he knew it would bring down the dire consequences God had forewarned about but, he chose to take his lumps with Eve.) Man always wants to sort of talk himself into something he knows he shouldn't do. All the justifying and comparisons in the world will not change what God has said on the matter.

So, if people truly care about those who have been overtaken by the sin of homosexuality and really do want to help them, they need to make it clear that though none of us has the right to judge another man, we still have the very clear teachings of God and He doesn't accept rationalizations. Not from the SCOTUS, the DNC or anybody else. To condone the lifestyle is to facilitate, abet, slake the conscience, however one puts it. We are to point out how wrong it is as graciously as possible, without ever condoning that sin. And, after all, it is God Who judges sin, so it is He they must ask forgiveness from. Family and most friends will follow suit.

Ultimately, those who take issue with whether it is okay to be gay, or whether it is a natural state, are making their argument with God whether they recognize that fact or not.

We know my explanation to bible references, but how do you handle other "abominations" toward God?
TheRealVille Wrote:We know my explanation to bible references, but how do you handle other "abominations" toward God?

People who are saved are "new creatures in Christ", they have a new nature and the hold and sway of sin is broken. Therefore, the other abominations you speak of are not a problem.

There are two types of people in this world. Sinners who are saved from the consequences of their sins through the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross, and sinners who reject His gift, choosing rather to do things the way they think they should be done. Like the reference I have made with regard to Cain. He made a sacrifice to God just like Abel did. One of those sacrifices was accepted and one rejected. Abel was just and obedient making his sacrifice a blood sacrifice, (signifying the future death of Christ on the cross for man's sin) while Cain's sacrifice, though impressive enough looking to Cain, was none the less rejected by God. Why? Because the first fruits of his labor was not an adequate sacrifice, not a blood sacrifice as God had clearly stipulated. Nobody is going to be honored with salvation if they try and minimize the unspeakable gift on God's own Son on the cross, not in symbolism as in Cain's case, or in deed as in the case of those who think they can prevail by their own goodness/works or by eloquent speech at the judgment.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:People who are saved are "new creatures in Christ", they have a new nature and the hold and sway of sin is broken. Therefore, the other abominations you speak of are not a problem.

There are two types of people in this world. Sinners who are saved from the consequences of their sins through the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross, and sinners who reject His gift, choosing rather to do things the way they think they should be done. Like the reference I have made with regard to Cain. He made a sacrifice to God just like Abel did. One of those sacrifices was accepted and one rejected. Abel was just and obedient making his sacrifice a blood sacrifice, (signifying the future death of Christ on the cross for man's sin) while Cain's sacrifice, though impressive enough looking to Cain, was none the less rejected by God. Why? Because the first fruits of his labor was not an adequate sacrifice, not a blood sacrifice as God had clearly stipulated. Nobody is going to be honored with salvation if they try and minimize the unspeakable gift on God's own Son on the cross, not in symbolism as in Cain's case, or in deed as in the case of those who think they can prevail by their own goodness/works or by eloquent speech at the judgment.
So for example, eating shellfish and pork, is an abomination to God, and once you get saved they are ok to consume?
TheRealVille Wrote:So for example, eating shellfish and pork, is an abomination to God, and once you get saved they are ok to consume?

Old Testament rules are different than New Testament rules. The reason being that in the OT, men looked forward to the coming of Christ, while in the NT, men look backward to the coming of Christ. This distinction is why the veil of the Holy of Holies was rent in twain by the God Himself at the time of Jesus' death, no longer would man need to go through a priest to make oblations to God in their name. From that day forward men would have open access to the throne of God through His Son, who had died that day to reconcile the sin gulf between God and man, which was created by Adam's fall. Jesus is the sin eraser, the capitulation of sin.

Therefore, where man had to temporarily cover his sin once a year through the offering of a blood sacrifice to God, and further to tithe and do all the other things commanded of God for the OT saints such as not eating or drinking certain things. New Testament saints have been set free of the law because of the permanent blood sacrifice of God's own Son that doesn't just hide man's sin, it washes away sin forever. This was something that God had to make clear to Peter in Acts 10:9-16 (KJV) 9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

It was hard for man to give up the rites and ceremony to which they had become so accustomed. It's much easier to make a yearly sacrifice or not eat something particular than to live the life that he and other Christians would soon have to face. Don't forget, tradition has it that he would be crucified upside down. Others would be stoned, sawn in half, eaten by lions etc.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:Old Testament rules are different than New Testament rules. The reason being that in the OT, men looked forward to the coming of Christ, while in the NT, men look backward to the coming of Christ. This distinction is why the veil of the Holy of Holies was rent in twain by the God Himself at the time of Jesus' death, no longer would man need to go through a priest to make oblations to God in their name. From that day forward men would have open access to the throne of God through His Son, who had died that day to reconcile the sin gulf between God and man, which was created by Adam's fall. Jesus is the sin eraser, the capitulation of sin.

Therefore, where man had to temporarily cover his sin once a year through the offering of a blood sacrifice to God, and further to tithe and do all the other things commanded of God for the OT saints such as not eating or drinking certain things. New Testament saints have been set free of the law because of the permanent blood sacrifice of God's own Son that doesn't just hide man's sin, it washes away sin forever. This was something that God had to make clear to Peter in Acts 10:9-16 (KJV) 9 On the morrow, as they went on their journey, and drew nigh unto the city, Peter went up upon the housetop to pray about the sixth hour:
10 And he became very hungry, and would have eaten: but while they made ready, he fell into a trance,
11 And saw heaven opened, and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth:
12 Wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and fowls of the air.
13 And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat.
14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I have never eaten any thing that is common or unclean.
15 And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.
16 This was done thrice: and the vessel was received up again into heaven.

It was hard for man to give up the rites and ceremony to which they had become so accustomed. It's much easier to make a yearly sacrifice or not eat something particular than to live the life that he and other Christians would soon have to face. Don't forget, tradition has it that he would be crucified upside down. Others would be stoned, sawn in half, eaten by lions etc.
So, in the same way that Christians are set free from the law, of other abominations, and can do some of them now, like eating shellfish and pork, couldn't gays that get saved get the same grace and be freed to do other things that are abominations to God?
TheRealVille Wrote:So, in the same way that Christians are set free from the law, of other abominations, and can do some of them now, like eating shellfish and pork, couldn't gays that get saved get the same grace and be freed to do other things that are abominations to God?

No, folks don't get saved if they are not of a repentant mind. That means no gays who don't consciously and by choice, turn their back on homosexual behavior are saved. As many times as I have posted Romans chap 1, I would have thought that would have sunk in by now. At any rate, being set free of the law means that through salvation, and with the subsequent indwelling of the Holy Spirit, one's nature has been changed and the power of sin is therefore broken. Saved people therefore choose not to live a sinful lifestyle. The occasional uh-oh not withstanding. The only parts of the law that have changed are those that dealt with OT obedience in that they were to live a life of obedience, recognizing that through the future coming of the messiah, they would be saved. They were saved believing in what was to come but, we are transformed at the moment of acceptance of Jesus as Savior because He is already at the right hand of God, and as I mentioned, the indwelling of the Holy Spirit.
Romans 1:26-32 (KJV)
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

Like I have said. Turning to God is a choice. So is worshipping Him as King and Creator. So is turning from sin in a repentant state of Godly sorrow. Those who are in bondage to sin, whether that be drink, drugs, sex outside of marriage (of any kind), gambling addictions, the love of money, forms of idolatry, or whatever else may be first in one's life (other than Jesus Christ). , cannot be saved. He won't be second to anything, certainly not "vile affections" such as homosexuality for which, He made Sodom victim to, in such a spectacular display of judgment. God doesn't make exceptions for any person or group. That's why I say it is so foolhardy for the courts of this land to legalize gay rights, and abortion for that matter. As I have said, that is God's purview and His alone.

God reaffirmed through Paul's writings in the NT book of Romans and other places, His continuing rejection of the homosexual lifestyle. Not eating pork, not being circumcised etc, were done away with at the cross, therefore they don't apply anymore to anybody. That was just a way to set His people apart from other cultures that worshipped idols. The only distinction for God's people after the death of His Son on the cross was the change that was brought on by the indwelling of the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. In NT times nothing is to take away from the fact that it is through His sacrifice and that alone which, provides men with the opportunity to be saved.

Obviously, all gays who feel the call of God to turn. And then do choose to turn from that sin and repent not just for that but all their sin, can be saved. Just like everybody else. But, once God has turned them over to a reprobate mind, they will no longer be reachable.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealVille Wrote:I wouldn't think so RIUTG. I knew my family member was going to be gay at a very, very young age. And, it's isn't easy being gay, as far as I can see from how they are treated. I couldn't imagine someone doing something that the thought of doing, for someone straight, like us, makes them feel kinda of grossed out. It just doesn't make sense. The way you and I feel is along the same lines. It's kind of sickening to straight people like us, to even think about that kind of sex. And, being gay isn't easy in this world, I couldn't imagine someone would want to feel that ostracized, and sometimes get hurt, just to get attention.

I can understand where your coming from.
Im completely fine with people having the freedom to choose whoever they want to be with.
Its getting married that i have a problem with. I still dont understand why civil unions werent enough. It might not carry as much weight concerning taxes, rights, etc., but enough is enough in my book.

It probably wouldnt be as bad had they eased into the process instead of the typical medias way of shoving everything down our throat.
It just seems like we are at a time in this country where radical ideals are the norm and everything this country has stood for, for over 200 years, is getting laughed at and shredded by liberals idealistic views. And that bothers me. It bothers me because its worked for 200 years and kept us and our ancestors safe.
Now, maybe Michelle's husband can come out of the closet, divorce that crazy woman, and marry who he really wants, and quit all the pretending.

Quote:(CNN) - Minnesota is expected to become the twelfth state to legalize same-sex marriage after the state Senate on Monday voted 37-30 in favor of approving it.

Gov. Mark Dayton has said he would sign the bill. After the vote, he posted online, "Join us tomorrow as we make history on the Capitol steps."

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...hpt=hp_bn3
TheRealVille Wrote:Now, maybe Michelle's husband can come out of the closet, divorce that crazy woman, and marry who he really wants, and quit all the pretending.

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/201...hpt=hp_bn3

If, as you claimed above, the idea of homosexuality is so disgusting to you, why do you continually advocate for it? "The man doth insist too much, me thinks"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:If, as you claimed above, the idea of homosexuality is so disgusting to you, why do you continually advocate for it? "The man doth insist too much, me thinks"
Homosexuality not being my sexual preference, does not make it the preference of all other American citizens. I, unlike you, understand that my view isn't everbody's view.
TheRealVille Wrote:Homosexuality not being my sexual preference, does not make it the preference of all other American citizens. I, unlike you, understand that my view isn't everbody's view.

And I, unlike you, understand that American's live out their lives under the rule of law. Granting special interest groups, special conditions automatically infringes on the rights of the majority. The more the liberal cries out for compromise, the less freedoms the rest of us have.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
TheRealThing Wrote:And I, unlike you, understand that American's live out their lives under the rule of law. Granting special interest groups, special conditions automatically infringes on the rights of the majority. The more the liberal cries out for compromise, the less freedoms the rest of us have.
The majority of Americans favor gay marriage. Where have you been?
TheRealVille Wrote:The majority of Americans favor gay marriage. Where have you been?

Prove it please. Don't quote a poll as proof, they have been known to be wrong.

If you can't prove a majority of Americans favor gay marriage I should call you a liar...but I won't.
TheRealVille Wrote:The majority of Americans favor gay marriage. Where have you been?

No they don't. The majority of you liberals are in favor of gay marriage.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]