Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Whitley County
29.41%
Bell County
70.59%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whitley Co @ Bell Co
^
By destroy, what do you mean 40, 50 60, 70 points?

Ive notcied you attend a lot of game in your post.
I dont know how you get from somerset to pulaski, to mccreary, to whitley all within a 2 hour span and watch all of those games at the same time.
Rock is bad, he has that part right! Bell may not destroy them but they will beat them. Bell is not a good match-up for Whitley. This Bell team has the makings to be better than last year and may already be. They just have to keep working and good things will continue to happen.
Hands down, Bell County should almost denomiante Whitley.
Cellking Wrote:I saw last week's game. Rock may be the worst Team they have ever had in their Football History. They are Flat Bad. Whitley could have won by 50, or more. Bell is a different Animal, they will destroy Whitley.

Bell may win, doubt they will destroy Whitley. The Colonels have a very good team this year, if they don't lose the turnover battle badly, this game should be pretty close.
Im worried if we can handle Whitley Co. I mean its a 3A vs 5A? Wink
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I heard last night they are going to start passing alot more starting this Friday IF needed.

I hope this is true, Shawnta Zachery, IMO was the best passer we've ever seen at Bell. Now some may disagree, but I think if Collett is turned loose, just by watching him in middle school and these few high school games, I think he's already on the same level or ahead of Zachery as far as throwing the ball and the command over the offense that he has..as a freshman. I also disagree that Mills is the same type of coach as Hilton who will live and die by the run, I remember seeing several times at KC him spreading the offense out. Let's not forget, Canady caught quite a few balls in his 2 years under Mills. Now as far as the game goes..I'm not seeing these blowout predictions, last years game was a pretty darn hard fought game that no one expected and down Whitley program to show up for. 15 carries for 88 yards for Davenport last year vs. Whitley, probably his lowest output of the year besides maybe Central, The pass is what beat them last year with 3 pass TD's by Oslonian. Think this game will be alot closer than some of the predictions I'm seeing.
I think it would be a steep up hill battle but I think if Whitley can limit mistakes especially on the defensive side they could sneak in an upset, but it would take a perfect game.
The key is all on how well we move the ball.
If Mills and Nichols start picking up yards and free up Jackson and Bryant to focus on defense, our chance get a lot greater.

Over the last few years Bell has had our number. It seemed no matter how good we were, Bell's defense was always prepared to stop us and know what were doing before we do it.

With that said, IMHO, its the most even these two teams have been since 06. Collett may turn out to be one of the best QB's in the mountains, but he's still very young, and if you can fluster these young guys, it gets to em, just like our soph qb. Im much more worried about Polly and that oline and dline of Bell.

If we lose the battle up front badly, it could be the blowout prediction some of you all have had, but im holding out hope.
bellcounty123 Wrote:Hands down, Bell County should almost denomiante Whitley.

By denomiante do you mean dominate?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:The key is all on how well we move the ball.
If Mills and Nichols start picking up yards and free up Jackson and Bryant to focus on defense, our chance get a lot greater.

Over the last few years Bell has had our number. It seemed no matter how good we were, Bell's defense was always prepared to stop us and know what were doing before we do it.

With that said, IMHO, its the most even these two teams have been since 06. Collett may turn out to be one of the best QB's in the mountains, but he's still very young, and if you can fluster these young guys, it gets to em, just like our soph qb. Im much more worried about Polly and that oline and dline of Bell.

If we lose the battle up front badly, it could be the blowout prediction some of you all have had, but im holding out hope.

Ryan Collett imo has out performed Polly this year. We just have a TWO HEADED monster coming out of the backfield this year. Just can't key on that one person like Davenport last year. Past two games both have rushed for more than a 100 yards each and both were pulled early against Middlesboro.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im worried if we can handle Whitley Co. I mean its a 3A vs 5A? Wink

I'm sure you will feel alot better when you maybe get to face that 3A Louisville Central team.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
By destroy, what do you mean 40, 50 60, 70 points?

Ive notcied you attend a lot of game in your post.
I dont know how you get from somerset to pulaski, to mccreary, to whitley all within a 2 hour span and watch all of those games at the same time.

Havn't been to McCreary all year, Somerset was open. Just thought I'd come over and see Coach Black and Coach Bozeman. Maybe I'm Superman.lol
footballfever Wrote:I'm sure you will feel alot better when you maybe get to face that 3A Louisville Central team.

Maybe.... I mean they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the State overall.
bellcobobcats09 Wrote:maybe.... I mean they are the 3rd or 4th best team in the state overall.

yes they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Ryan Collett imo has out performed Polly this year. We just have a TWO HEADED monster coming out of the backfield this year. Just can't key on that one person like Davenport last year. Past two games both have rushed for more than a 100 yards each and both were pulled early against Middlesboro.

I disagree that Collett has out performed Polly, but a lot of people wouldn't. Collett is without a doubt the more flashy, exciting of the two, but Polly is always straight up the middle dragging 3 or 4 tacklers with him. He has more yards on less carries than Collett. 59 carries for 393 yards For Ryan, 54 carries for 479 yards for Polly. Collett has the TD edge, but Polly is also a greater threat in the passing game than Collett, and can have a bigger impact on defense if needed. With that being said, both are outstanding, and a debate over which of these two are having the better year with how they've started is never a bad thing. Having two backs that is both very capable of being game changers and breaking the big runs paired with a potentially very good passing attack, and a stiff hard nosed defense that isn't going both ways as much as previous years makes Bell a very interesting team this year.
BellCoFaithful Wrote:I disagree that Collett has out performed Polly, but a lot of people wouldn't. Collett is without a doubt the more flashy, exciting of the two, but Polly is always straight up the middle dragging 3 or 4 tacklers with him. He has more yards on less carries than Collett. 59 carries for 393 yards For Ryan, 54 carries for 479 yards for Polly. Collett has the TD edge, but Polly is also a greater threat in the passing game than Collett, and can have a bigger impact on defense if needed. With that being said, both are outstanding, and a debate over which of these two are having the better year with how they've started is never a bad thing. Having two backs that is both very capable of being game changers and breaking the big runs paired with a potentially very good passing attack, and a stiff hard nosed defense that isn't going both ways as much as previous years makes Bell a very interesting team this year.

Polly is also a great kickoff returner as well.
I would love to see Bell Co become a no huddle team on offense.
Bell 28 Whitley 22. Close game.
I hope Whitley Co brings a big crowd! Fans can make a ball game electrifying.
We welcome ALL Harlan Co fans to come down to Log Mtn tomorrow night.
I like reading threads like this one because Bell Co. has some very knowledgeable fans, and they (at least for the most part) speak with respect and intelligence about the game of football.

I also like playing games like this because it lets you know where you team is good, bad or somewhere in between.

I like Bell v Whitley because as a fan regardless of the score it is a hard hitting clean game and you can see that both teams want to win badly, and both teams play with heart.

LETS GET IT ON!!!!!!
Well said.
I always enjoyed playing Bell.

I was apart of the only class at Whitley who left with a winning record against Bell.

I think were due for a win. Cant imagine losing 7 in a row.
William Muney Wrote:Rock is bad, he has that part right! Bell may not destroy them but they will beat them. Bell is not a good match-up for Whitley. This Bell team has the makings to be better than last year and may already be. They just have to keep working and good things will continue to happen.

He is right on the Muney here. Rock has not played well this year in any game so far. Look how Russell Co handled Whitley and I can't think that Russell Co is better overall than Bell Co . Before I get bombarded---I know this may be the best Russell Co team ever, but Bell is Bell. Bell has more speed like Russell Co and a whole lot more size and strength on both lines than Whitley has faced. I think Bell will win this game and I don't see it being that close (2 or 3 TD's at least). I don't think Bell will score as many points as Russell Co did against Whitley, but the result will be the same.
^
I agree Bell is very good, and for the last 4 or 5 years, Bell has been the best team we have played every year, including the playoffs. However, I believe this year, Russell will be the toughest team we're going to face the entire year. They are just that good right now.
I agree Bell is very good, and for the last 4 or 5 years, Bell has been the best team we have played every year, including the playoffs. However, I believe this year, Russell will be the toughest team we're going to face the entire year. They are just that good right now.

I think you will find out tonight that it is going to be the same team again. I don't think that Russell Co is even in the same league. There is no way that their defense is even close.
I haven't seen Russell Co in person this year, but I know that in the playoffs I don't see them coming out of this region, or even being in the final game. They have alot of speed but the schedule they play will not help them get ready for the post season. I think only Knox Central will give them a game the rest of the year. I know it isn't their fault, they had no idea Rock and the other teams would be down this year. On an up note for Whitley, the little freshman Mills kid is going to be unbelieveable down the road, if not this year. He is a tremendous player on both sides of the ball. He is a once in decade player for an area. I think good thing will be in Whitley's future in years to come.

I wouldn't compare Russell to Bell yet. Wait till after tonight and we will get your thoughts. I know they have a great RB and a few good skill players but Bell is a better team.
Wish I was closer to this area. I would love to see Bell play in person. But, I gotta go cheer on my Hornets at West Carter tonight!
^
I think you'd be surprised.
IMHO, Russell will give Lex Cath and or Boyle all they want and challenge those teams in the playoffs.
I know Bell played Lex Cath close, but i truly believe Russell County can beat those teams.
I know Bell doesnt have a player with Britt's speed this year.

Bell's definitely a favorite to win tonight. Theres not doubt about that. But, i feel this is the first year since 06 that weve actually had a shot. I may be wrong and we may get beat by 80, but i just dont feel that way this year.

Im on my way to town, and then ill be heading to Bell County.
We'll see you all over there!
HonestJohn Wrote:I haven't seen Russell Co in person this year, but I know that in the playoffs I don't see them coming out of this region, or even being in the final game. They have alot of speed but the schedule they play will not help them get ready for the post season. I think only Knox Central will give them a game the rest of the year. I know it isn't their fault, they had no idea Rock and the other teams would be down this year. On an up note for Whitley, the little freshman Mills kid is going to be unbelieveable down the road, if not this year. He is a tremendous player on both sides of the ball. He is a once in decade player for an area. I think good thing will be in Whitley's future in years to come.

If his speed develops even more than it already has, in a year or two, Mills could be the fastest player in the area.
Going to be good to see him make his log mountain debut