Poll: Who wins ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Bell County
53.51%
Harlan County
46.49%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bell County vs Harlan County
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Is this HC team really better than last year? (Honest question) I have only seen them 1 time and that was in the grid. They maybe better on offense but not on defense according to the numbers. They are giving up a ton of points!

We have given up 143 points and Bell has given up 126 points. 17 point difference, woo hoo hang your hat on that.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:No they never made it into the redzone. Crossed the 50 2 or 3 times and that was it.

I did not necessarily say Harlan Co. has been saying next year, just people as in other teams. Harlan Co. is not the only team around and football was played before HC came on the scene!!!!

Who has HC played that is good??? GRC maybe and PCC?

Is this HC team really better than last year? (Honest question) I have only seen them 1 time and that was in the grid. They maybe better on offense but not on defense according to the numbers. They are giving up a ton of points!

They sure are giving up the points. My question is how many teams have they played have a really good defense?
Gummie Bear Wrote:We have given up 143 points and Bell has given up 126 points. 17 point difference, woo hoo hang your hat on that.

Do you need someone to read for you???? I said this HC team is better on offense than last years but not on defense.

Plus look who Bell has played and who HC has played, little different competition. WOOOO HOOOO back at you!!! Hang your reading glasses on that!
Yo Soy Wrote:Bell Co. still takes this one, for multiple reasons. 1. Harlan Co. has yet to play close with Bell, if it was a close game last year, it would make a difference on the confidence level, but they have big mental hurdles to overcome. 2. Bell Co. has played the tougher schedule, and has seen teams with more speed than Harlan Co. Lexington Catholic is a much faster, more dynamic team than Harlan Co., and Bell should have won that game. 3. Team Speed. Harlan Co. was torched by George Rogers Clark for a bit, solely by 1 player, Bell has a speedy back as well, with a much better team than GRC. 4. It's at Log Mountain, and will be the first time Harlan Co. has played in a hostile environment this year.

Don't get me wrong, Harlan Co. has a great team. They're probably just behind Bowling Green, John Hardin, and Warren Central in 5A. Their main knocks are lack of a consistent passing game, and they kind of played a Boise St. like schedule this year, with maybe 2 real threats thrown in with a bunch of cake games.

#1 I can agree to an extent with you, high school kids get things in their minds but this bunch has beaten Bell in all levels in high school so it is not as bad as it may seem.

#2 Are you kidding, a tougher schedule, if anything an equal schedule. You cannot be serious that the speed Bell saw in the first few weeks will actually mean anything 8 weeks later because that will not. I keep hearing how Bell should have won but they did not they lost.

#3 GRC Pokey RB is not in the same sentence as Davenport, Pokey is speedy and shifty like no other and the game we played them he started at QB and ran a different offense than they had I was told by GRC fans. He ran it every play. Davenport is just fast, not near as qucik as Pokey and he iwll not touh it ecery play like Pokey did.

#4 It will not be the first time we played in a hostile environment, we played at Gate City, more fans there than at Bell any week of the year and at Morristown East had more fans than Bell could bring. Both of those fields also have no track like at Bell so people are right on us there unlike at Bell. Although Bell Co allows there wild fans to stand in the endzone/sidleines and yell at high schools kids.

#5 I still cannot believe Bell people think their schedule is better than Harlan Co.
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Do you need someone to read for you???? I said this HC team is better on offense than last years but not on defense.

Plus look who Bell has played and who HC has played, little different competition. WOOOO HOOOO back at you!!! Hang your reading glasses on that!

Lexington Catholic hands down best opponent on either schedule.

Lafayette - Dunbar TIE

Whitley -Whitley SCRATCH

Corbin - GRC TIE

Middlesboro - Lee High TIE

Letcher Co. - Wayne County TIE

Then it gets way out of hand for Bell Co because Harlan Co opponents are better.

Morristown East
Gate City
Perry County Central
Knox Central

All 4 of those are better than:

Casey Co.
McCreary Central
Clay County

So besides Lexington Catholic, who Perry County is not too far behind has Bell played that makes there schedule so much better?
Bell people keep saying that Lexingtons speed will make you better, even though u lost but no one mentions GRC speed and we won which winning and losing is irrevelnat in seeing speed though.
Bell Opponents

39-44 46%

Harlan Co Opponents

33-45 42%

:eyeroll:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:Do you need someone to read for you???? I said this HC team is better on offense than last years but not on defense.

I know what you said and it was quoted. You said Harlan County gives up a ton of points. So I compared Harlan Co and Bell Co point totals.
HDE Wrote:Cawood in 1986 at Bell.
Bell broke a fairly long losing streak against Cawood in 1987 at Cawood.

thanks,we was close
Gummie Bear Wrote:Lexington Catholic hands down best opponent on either schedule.

Lafayette - Dunbar TIE

Whitley -Whitley SCRATCH

Corbin - GRC TIE

Middlesboro - Lee High TIE

Letcher Co. - Wayne County TIE

Then it gets way out of hand for Bell Co because Harlan Co opponents are better.

Morristown East
Gate City
Perry County Central
Knox Central

All 4 of those are better than:

Casey Co.
McCreary Central
Clay County

So besides Lexington Catholic, who Perry County is not too far behind has Bell played that makes there schedule so much better?
Bell people keep saying that Lexingtons speed will make you better, even though u lost but no one mentions GRC speed and we won which winning and losing is irrevelnat in seeing speed though.

U are saying Dunbar and Lafayette are on the same level? Interesting. Mo East is not very good don't try to fool people. Gate City is a good SMALL school. Not great just good.

Wayne Co. is better than LCC look at the numbers. Plus when HC played LCC they were without their best 2 players.

No sense in arguing you can believe what you wish.
HC's Opponents and record

Mo East 5-4

Dunbar 0-9
(Someone say they were as good as 6A district runner-up and 7-3 Lafayette???):biglmao:

Gate City 5-3 Class A in Va. I think?

Lee High 2-6 (Win over Thomas Walker and Battle, 2 bad teams in Va.)

KC 4-3 3rd place team in 4A district who was missing at least 3 starters against HC

GRC 3-6

LCC 2-6 LCC QB Johnson missed the HC game

Whitley 3-6

PCC 7-2

On the season

HC's opponents are 31-45

Bell's are 39-42
Cody Davenport is a phenominal RB and we've all seen him grow up and are very proud of him being from the mountains, but HC has seen a better RB this year in Pokey Harris. Both backs are hard to contain. Bell has a better overall TEAM and it will fall on the HC defense to win this game. HC will score, but can we stop Bell from scoring?

Toss your schedules out the window. It will be war on Log Mountain come Friday. This games means nothing as far as the big picture for both teams, but it means SOMETHING for both.
Going to be a great game. I think that HC defense is the key. Don't think that they are as good as last season. It will all come out in the wash on Friday. The Bobcats will be ready for the challenge.
Gummie Bear Wrote:#1 I can agree to an extent with you, high school kids get things in their minds but this bunch has beaten Bell in all levels in high school so it is not as bad as it may seem.

Not true, I think the JR's this year from Bell beat HC easily as freshman and in JV? 30 to 6 or so in the fresh game? Memory not as good as it used to be but still pretty darn good!!:biggrin:
Bobcat_Dad Wrote:U are saying Dunbar and Lafayette are on the same level? Interesting. Mo East is not very good don't try to fool people. Gate City is a good SMALL school. Not great just good.

Wayne Co. is better than LCC look at the numbers. Plus when HC played LCC they were without their best 2 players.

No sense in arguing you can believe what you wish.

Yes I am saying Dunbar is on the same level, you are kidding yourself if you don't think so.

Look at the score this year, Lafayette beat Dunbar by a TD and a two point conversion.

27-19

I'd say that makes them pretty close in comparisions.

Wayne is not better than LCC and Harlan County was also w/o 2 players in the LCC game. Hopefully LCC can win game 1 in playoffs and HC will show LCC they can beat them healthy like last year when HC sacked Johnson 10+ times and beat them badly.

MoEast is pretty good, dont fool yourself and Gate City is good school regardless of class size they did win the state last year. Of course that doesnt mean anything to you since you use to have Volunteer, Tn on the schedule.
TopCat Wrote:Not true, I think the JR's this year from Bell beat HC easily as freshman and in JV? 30 to 6 or so in the fresh game? Memory not as good as it used to be but still pretty darn good!!:biggrin:

That may be but HC has a bunch of 10th graders playing Varsiity and they did win against Bell a few times as well, I cant remember the JR class either but Im sure HC was not swept cuz they played 2-3 times.
Gummie Bear Wrote:Yes I am saying Dunbar is on the same level, you are kidding yourself if you don't think so.

Look at the score this year, Lafayette beat Dunbar by a TD and a two point conversion.

27-19

I'd say that makes them pretty close in comparisions.

Wayne is not better than LCC and Harlan County was also w/o 2 players in the LCC game. Hopefully LCC can win game 1 in playoffs and HC will show LCC they can beat them healthy like last year when HC sacked Johnson 10+ times and beat them badly.

MoEast is pretty good, dont fool yourself and Gate City is good school regardless of class size they did win the state last year. Of course that doesnt mean anything to you since you use to have Volunteer, Tn on the schedule.

Now for the rest of the story, Lafayette had starting QB, RB and 2 LB'er out. Always more to the story than the obvious.

Anyway should be a good game. Hopefully weather is nice and everyone comes out healthy. I would love to see both teams make it to Bowling Green.
TopCat Wrote:Dunbar 0-9
(Someone say they were as good as 6A district runner-up and 7-3 Lafayette???):biglmao:

Head to Head Lafayette DESTROYED Dunbar

29-17

8 POINTS:worthy:
TopCat Wrote:Now for the rest of the story, Lafayette had starting QB, RB and 2 LB'er out. Always more to the story than the obvious.

Anyway should be a good game. Hopefully weather is nice and everyone comes out healthy. I would love to see both teams make it to Bowling Green.
Does it always have to be something or someone not playing. I mean every school that Harlan Co ahs beaten they are missing their players. I guess that is all Bell Co can com eup with even in 9th and JV games when HC wins BC says they didn't have their best players out there. Well do you think HC had their best too?

In one page of posts Harlan County has beaten LCC, Knox Central and Dunbar played close because starters were not in the game for those teams so it makes HC look much better than they are.:igiveup: LAUGHABLE.

It does not matter and I hope for an injuiry free game and none of thise means the other team will win but it silly to see Bell dogging HC for everything they do.

It is either bringing up the past scores, HC short history and not belonging in the top 10, HC schedule and how weak it is compared to BC weak one as well, HC lack of speed, HC one dimensional (even though weve thrown for 700 yards and 8 tds), lack of starters playing for the opposing teams, etc.

All of those get brought up over and over by the Bell faithful and not sure why, kinda weird.Confusederiously:
Heres my only argument to anything that has been posted...how can Harlan Co claim to be King of the Mountains by beating Bell Co in one game? Bell has owned Mountain Football and will continue to do so, just cause Harlan is having one good year that doesnt make you king of the mountains...sorry.....that being said Bell County 35 Harlan Co. 21
Yo Soy Wrote:Bell Co. has a great team as well. They throw the ball more consistently than Harlan Co.,

Does anyone really do any research or know what they are talking about before they spew this stuff.

Bell County

33 for 62 pass completions
34% pass completiton
11 TDS
490 Yards
15 yards per catch

Harlan County

34 for 51 pass completions
40% pass completiton
8 TDS
676 yards
20 yards per catch
BellCounty23 Wrote:Heres my only argument to anything that has been posted...how can Harlan Co claim to be King of the Mountains by beating Bell Co in one game? Bell has owned Mountain Football and will continue to do so, just cause Harlan is having one good year that doesnt make you king of the mountains...sorry.....that being said Bell County 35 Harlan Co. 21

Cuz most people consider King of the Mountains as they best current team, like every other year.
Bell Co. just became revelant again in 2007, just 5 short years ago.
They have not beaten many good teams in the mtns since that span either to hold much claim like Belfry has.
TopCat Wrote:Now for the rest of the story, Lafayette had starting QB, RB and 2 LB'er out. Always more to the story than the obvious.

How many guys were out for Lafayette when they really got DESTROYED by a 4 win Madison Central team?
Gummie Bear Wrote:Does anyone really do any research or know what they are talking about before they spew this stuff.

Bell County

33 for 62 pass completions
34% pass completiton
11 TDS
490 Yards
15 yards per catch

Harlan County

34 for 51 pass completions
40% pass completiton
8 TDS
676 yards
20 yards per catch

Bad math!!!!

33 of 62 if my math is right would be around 53%????

34 of 51 would be 65% or so???

Don't have a calculator handy and can't take socks off in public but that is close. :Thumbs:
Gummie Bear Wrote:.
They have not beaten many good teams in the mtns since that span either to hold much claim like Belfry has.

Really? So Knox Cent, John Cent, Whitley, Rock, Sheldon Clark and Harlan Co have not been good? Seems to be class of the Mtns to me?

Who has Belfry beat P'burg and who?

Gummie you seem to be searching. You don't have to make stuff up to get us to Be live you have a shot!!!
Gummie Bear is raging Wink
William Muney Wrote:Really? So Knox Cent, John Cent, Whitley, Rock, Sheldon Clark and Harlan Co have not been good? Seems to be class of the Mtns to me?

Who has Belfry beat P'burg and who?

Gummie you seem to be searching. You don't have to make stuff up to get us to Be live you have a shot!!!

You listed 6 and I said they had not beaten MANY, so that is about right even though Id argue Rock has notbeen that good and neither has Whitley. Knox is hit and miss on there team.
My guess is there will be empty seats throughout the mountains come Fri. night. I believe lots of fans will make the trip to Log Mountain to watch this match-up. I know Letcher Central plays on Sat. so I expect alot of their fans to make the trip for that environment. Heck, somebody hire Brad Paisley to sing the "Harlan Alive" song as the Black Bears come out on the field. Bell Co. fans will be there in numbers to stand up for Bell Football tradition, Just saying, this would be a good time to rob a Bank in Harlan Co. LOL! FRIDAY NIGHT LIGHTS!!!
TopCat Wrote:Bad math!!!!

33 of 62 if my math is right would be around 53%????

34 of 51 would be 65% or so???

Don't have a calculator handy and can't take socks off in public but that is close. :Thumbs:

Sorry I concede fuzzy math and I hate math.

I shorted both programs.

Bell Co is 53%
Harlan Co is 67%
I understand that Bell Co has laid the smack down on Harlan Co the past few years. However, there is one key, and I do mean key, ingredient missing from those whippings - Dudley Hilton! I respect Coach Mills, and think will have much success with the Bobcats, but he is not Dudley. Head to head, I think Larkey is a better coach, and that will play a factor in this game.

With that being said, Davenport ran wild on the Black Bears last season, and HC had a much better defense last season, than they do this year. I believe Davenport will, once again, have his way with the Filthy Animals on Friday. I could even see him totaling over 200 yards on the ground.

While Davenport will, more than likely, have a big game, I look for the duo of McMillan and Middleton to continue their campaign of the best backfield in the Mountains. The M&M combo, along with QB Jordy Brewer have been almost unstoppable this year, and I don't see Bell Co slowing them down.

So, all in all, I don't see this game being a 14-6 slobberknocker that we all envision from these two teams. I think this will be a high scoring, exciting, down-to-the-wire game, and we will all get our money's worth!

As for who wins, it's too close to call!!!
  •  Previous
  • 4(current)
  • Next