Poll: Who wins this game
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Lawrence County
28.57%
Ashland Paul Blazer
71.43%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lawrence County vs Ashland Paul Blazer
leecoukfan Wrote:I think that Ashland will win this one by a TD.

Who will be taking the majority of the handoffs in the backfield now that Hunter James is gone?

Went to the Red Black game in Lc and tbh it looks like LC is really gonna miss Hunter James in the backfield this year.. Great RB and is very hard to replace.

After watching the game the LC offense looks very weak and unimpressive.
I believe the JYD looks as good as they have been in the past 3 years. But... can they top Ashland is the real question.

Im and LC fan but im gonna take Ashland in this game.

Ashland 28
LC 7
Only thing I agree on is that if there is a team thats due to win state it would be LCHS since they have never won in the history of the school! All this talk about who LC had in past years is crazy, what did they do in the end??? got blowed out! All this hype is fun to talk about just like winning the lottery and what you would do if you won it! i reallly hope LC does win state but it will take more than running the same 4 plays they have run for the last 30 years! Just my opinion! all the way DAWGS!!!
LC had a scrimmage today at Hungtington High. I was impressed with Aj Cyrus, this kid has some speed. He could run the ball when given a chance. He is also the back up quarterback. He is also the back up split end. He can catch the ball when needed. Hayden Kiser also looked good today. He has an arm. And he has really good speed, he can scramble a lot more this year. Tyler Combs was the best linemen out there today. He did his job. Josh Marcum is the starting safety this year and this kid is a head hunter he will hit you hard if he gets a chance. LC also has really good pass coverage. Blake Schaffer is the outside linebacker and he will also hit you hard if he has the chance. And he can hit the hole hard and make a good tackle. Jake Marcum the full back is a power house he hits the hole hard and can run over people. Morgan O'Brian is only a freshman this year. But this kid has a lot of good speed and running ability. Look for him in a couple of years to be a big asset to the LC team.
GrandpaJones69 Wrote:LC had a scrimmage today at Hungtington High. I was impressed with Aj Cyrus, this kid has some speed. He could run the ball when given a chance. He is also the back up quarterback. He is also the back up split end. He can catch the ball when needed. Hayden Kiser also looked good today. He has an arm. And he has really good speed, he can scramble a lot more this year. Tyler Combs was the best linemen out there today. He did his job. Josh Marcum is the starting safety this year and this kid is a head hunter he will hit you hard if he gets a chance. LC also has really good pass coverage. Blake Schaffer is the outside linebacker and he will also hit you hard if he has the chance. And he can hit the hole hard and make a good tackle. Jake Marcum the full back is a power house he hits the hole hard and can run over people. Morgan O'Brian is only a freshman this year. But this kid has a lot of good speed and running ability. Look for him in a couple of years to be a big asset to the LC team.

Could we move the ball on offense?
Also how did the defense play?
THANKS
LCGRAD2002 should have an in-depth analysis of the scrimmage from an LC standpoint. He was suppose to be in attendance all morning.
O'Brien should be playing ahead of Bailey. O'Brien much more hard nosed north/south running back and way better on blocking schemes.. Bailey runs to sideline to much and misses a lot of blocks. O'Brien the real deal now even though a freshman. If he stays healthy he has huge potential down the road.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:O'Brien should be playing ahead of Bailey. O'Brien much more hard nosed north/south running back and way better on blocking schemes.. Bailey runs to sideline to much and misses a lot of blocks. O'Brien the real deal now even though a freshman. If he stays healthy he has huge potential down the road.

O'Brien was a stud in youth football when I coached him and is a pure athlete. He has speed to burn and will be a great assest to the LC backfield when he matures and gets older.
Hey StrayBullet I did make it to the scrimmage and here are my thoughts and opinions. First off both teams probably didn't show that much as no one ever really does in scrimmages so in that sense it was hard to tell how both will do on the year. Lawrence County has a absolute stud at quarterback in senior Hayden Kiser who made some really nice plays with his legs yes I said his legs not his arm but also did make some nice throws including one that was dropped by his tight end. The offensive line did a good job not great on pass protection as Kiser was only sacked one time I believe. The line started to do better as far as molding together and picking up assignments as the scrimmage went on and the two fullbacks ran hard and low with force. The offense has some figuring out to do at some postions but they should be good to go by next week.

Defensively is where the Bulldogs really stood out. The Dawgs only allowed one touchdown the entire scrimmage and that was at the start of it all before downs and yards were recorded. The linebackers on this team are all head-hunters and fly to the ball and pack a punch in doing so. There are some young kids that are getting a lot more playing time and they are taking advantage of the opportunity and bringing a lot of engery. It's going to be exciting to see them next week.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Hey StrayBullet I did make it to the scrimmage and here are my thoughts and opinions. First off both teams probably didn't show that much as no one ever really does in scrimmages so in that sense it was hard to tell how both will do on the year. Lawrence County has a absolute stud at quarterback in senior Hayden Kiser who made some really nice plays with his legs yes I said his legs not his arm but also did make some nice throws including one that was dropped by his tight end. The offensive line did a good job not great on pass protection as Kiser was only sacked one time I believe. The line started to do better as far as molding together and picking up assignments as the scrimmage went on and the two fullbacks ran hard and low with force. The offense has some figuring out to do at some postions but they should be good to go by next week.

Defensively is where the Bulldogs really stood out. The Dawgs only allowed one touchdown the entire scrimmage and that was at the start of it all before downs and yards were recorded. The linebackers on this team are all head-hunters and fly to the ball and pack a punch in doing so. There are some young kids that are getting a lot more playing time and they are taking advantage of the opportunity and bringing a lot of engery. It's going to be exciting to see them next week.

Depth and this team being very young in key spots will be the major problems for the team this year, but hope they do well and improve every week. Thats all you can ask for.:Thumbs:
Depth and this team being very young in key spots will be the major problems for the team this year, but hope they do well and improve every week. Thats all you can ask for.

Yea they are many teams out there with the same problem I'm sure of but it's getting the ones you got to play at a high level and with a group like this senior leadership is going to be the key. Louisa has a very very talented middle school team coming up so it will be interesting to see the next few years.
I see this one coming down to the last 3 minutes of the 4th. I still think my Dawgs will pull it out with a late comeback 21 - 18.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Depth and this team being very young in key spots will be the major problems for the team this year, but hope they do well and improve every week. Thats all you can ask for.

Yea they are many teams out there with the same problem I'm sure of but it's getting the ones you got to play at a high level and with a group like this senior leadership is going to be the key. Louisa has a very very talented middle school team coming up so it will be interesting to see the next few years.

Middle School won the Morgan County Grid-O-Rama yesterday!!! This bunch will be something to watch for!!
lpd826 Wrote:Middle School won the Morgan County Grid-O-Rama yesterday!!! This bunch will be something to watch for!!

That middle school team is going to be a monster when they get to high school, just watch!!!
JYD had trouble stopping huntington on their first drive putting up an easy score to start things off.
I didnt see the dawgs move the ball at all running wise or passing wise. most of the open passes were dropped.....
GrandpaJones69 Wrote:LC had a scrimmage today at Hungtington High. I was impressed with Aj Cyrus, this kid has some speed. He could run the ball when given a chance. He is also the back up quarterback. He is also the back up split end. He can catch the ball when needed. Hayden Kiser also looked good today. He has an arm. And he has really good speed, he can scramble a lot more this year. Tyler Combs was the best linemen out there today. He did his job. Josh Marcum is the starting safety this year and this kid is a head hunter he will hit you hard if he gets a chance. LC also has really good pass coverage. Blake Schaffer is the outside linebacker and he will also hit you hard if he has the chance. And he can hit the hole hard and make a good tackle. Jake Marcum the full back is a power house he hits the hole hard and can run over people. Morgan O'Brian is only a freshman this year. But this kid has a lot of good speed and running ability. Look for him in a couple of years to be a big asset to the LC team.

This is a great group of Seniors both off and on the field!
I think this going to be a great matchup because you have Ashland who's strength is their offense going against the Bulldogs strength which is their defense. LC's offense against Ashland's defense is the big question mark for me? Who wins the battle will probably win the game. I do think LC's defense can hold Ashland.
Im gonna take lawrence co......but wow this a tough test for both of these teams especially at the start of the season
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I wasn't trying to sound smartellic so I apologize if I came across that way. I'm just saying that Bell County has a football program not just a team. That team the past two years would have dominated any team in this area. As much as I would like to ses someone beat Bell, I can admit they are a football powerhouse because everyone down there buys into what they are doing. Ashland was just an example, and no one on here can say that Ashland could have beaten Bell last year.

I have actually saw Bell County play and I saw this game. I am a Bell Co graduate! haha I was just saying you can't build a program by just scheduling weaker teams to build moral. Yes you can schedule a couple to help, but try to schedule better teams to help make these kids better. I just thought the coach set them up for a big downfall is all. I don't take anything away from those two teams though, they had great seasons and won some big games, the KC playoff victory being one.
smashmouth Wrote:I have actually saw Bell County play and I saw this game. I am a Bell Co graduate! haha I was just saying you can't build a program by just scheduling weaker teams to build moral. Yes you can schedule a couple to help, but try to schedule better teams to help make these kids better. I just thought the coach set them up for a big downfall is all. I don't take anything away from those two teams though, they had great seasons and won some big games, the KC playoff victory being one.

Bell County has been good over the past two years as well. I guess the coach should have scheduled more adequate games to help Bell County be more prepared for Boyle County though... Oh, thank GOD Bell County dropped down a class, now they don't have to worry about Boyle County. I wish you guys the best, and hope that you will be able to actually beat a decent team in the playoffs other than a school that had to rebuild it's football program (Lawrence County), or a team that almost didn't make it into the playoffs (Rockcastle Cotuny). I think that the two thoughest opponents that Bell Cotuny played in the last two years were Knox Central, and Boyle County (and we all know what happend when you played Boyle County). So, before you get on here commenting about how these schools should equip thier schedules with better teams, I think you need to go tell Boyle County's coach about his "has-been" football team (that is starting to see it's decline) to better prepare their schedule to help them go above and beyond in the playoffs.
I'll take Ashland but I'm rooting for Coach Cecil and the Bulldogs.
Bulldogs in this one.
Ashland by 12
Ashland 36
Lawrence county 14
Tomcats by 7
LC in a laugher!! :Thumbs:
THExBURCHINATER Wrote:Bell County has been good over the past two years as well. I guess the coach should have scheduled more adequate games to help Bell County be more prepared for Boyle County though... Oh, thank GOD Bell County dropped down a class, now they don't have to worry about Boyle County. I wish you guys the best, and hope that you will be able to actually beat a decent team in the playoffs other than a school that had to rebuild it's football program (Lawrence County), or a team that almost didn't make it into the playoffs (Rockcastle Cotuny). I think that the two thoughest opponents that Bell Cotuny played in the last two years were Knox Central, and Boyle County (and we all know what happend when you played Boyle County). So, before you get on here commenting about how these schools should equip thier schedules with better teams, I think you need to go tell Boyle County's coach about his "has-been" football team (that is starting to see it's decline) to better prepare their schedule to help them go above and beyond in the playoffs.

And its obvious you are a sour LC fan who couldn't handle the beating. Better prepared for Boyle County? I think a 1 win and 2 loss to Boyle County is pretty good in my opinion. Atleast we kept the game close, what do you have to say for Lawrence? If you can't keep a score within 30 don't get on here spitting your attitude at Bell County! :please::dontthink
lcgrad2002 Wrote:I think this going to be a great matchup because you have Ashland who's strength is their offense going against the Bulldogs strength which is their defense. LC's offense against Ashland's defense is the big question mark for me? Who wins the battle will probably win the game. I do think LC's defense can hold Ashland.

i cant see where you can assume this because LC's strength looked very poor against a building program of Huntington High?? the highlanders walked down the field first drive for an easy score. how do u suppose they stop a very tought caliber offense like ashlands? as for the other "battle" Lc couldnt move the ball on offense at all no way they move the chains on ashland with clay or not.
smashmouth Wrote:And its obvious you are a sour LC fan who couldn't handle the beating. Better prepared for Boyle County? I think a 1 win and 2 loss to Boyle County is pretty good in my opinion. Atleast we kept the game close, what do you have to say for Lawrence? If you can't keep a score within 30 don't get on here spitting your attitude at Bell County! :please::dontthink

Don't get on here spitting your attitude preaching to everyone how great Bell County is either. They aren't world beaters like you lunatics like to believe. Bell dropped to 3a because Boyle was too much for them. Like the old saying goes, "No one remembers who finished 2nd." :moon:
Wildcats11 Wrote:Don't get on here spitting your attitude preaching to everyone how great Bell County is either. They aren't world beaters like you lunatics like to believe. Bell dropped to 3a because Boyle was too much for them. Like the old saying goes, "No one remembers who finished 2nd." :moon:

HAHAHA, makes me laugh. Spitting attitude? No one is spitting attitude but him. I simply said I think the coach could improve the schedule, just a thought, my own opinion and he took it offensively. Seems like its the same for you. And actually Bell went to 3A because the lack of boys in the school, you can't just drop down or move up a class because you want, that's like saying Highlands went 4A because they didn't have success, smart thinking? And no bell isn't world beaters, but when you have successful season after successful season I think it proves you have a team and tradition. For no one to remember who finished 2nd you LC fans sure seem to remember Bell pretty well to CONSTANTLY use the Boyle games as a crutch against them!
Ashland by 2 scores or more...