Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands 2011
NCC41 Wrote:Sheehan to me looks the most improved to this point. He's gotten bigger and his hands seem to be stronger. When you couple that with a 4.5 the skys the limit for this young man. You might even hear Towles say "Run Ozzie run." Brad Rouse has really gotten a lot bigger and looked good at the safety position. Typically there are a few players each year that you really notice a difference in size from the previous year. This year there seems to be a lot more. David Christian is really doing well and and will catch a lot of (varsity only) passes this year. Certainly this team may not go 15-0, but if they did, it would not be shocking. Boyle County and Elder probably have the best chance of preventing this from happening.

Agree with all the above. I was talking to one of the coaches this morning and he said on Monday during running tests, Jac Collinsworth was the fastest kid on the team. Don't know if Sheehan was holding back, but if not, Collinsworth is super fast. If he can stay healthy, with his height and speed he can provide Towles with a third exceptionally talented receiver (along with Sheehan and Christian). Add to that, I'm told that McCoy (the back up QB) will play some slot receiver. The kid is just way too talented to not get on the field somewhere. How you'd like to be an opponent's Defensive Coordinator and see Highlands come out of the huddle with Sheehan, Christian, Collinsworth and McCoy all lined up as receivers? Yikes.
charlie22 Wrote:Agree with all the above. I was talking to one of the coaches this morning and he said on Monday during running tests, Jac Collinsworth was the fastest kid on the team. Don't know if Sheehan was holding back, but if not, Collinsworth is super fast. If he can stay healthy, with his height and speed he can provide Towles with a third exceptionally talented receiver (along with Sheehan and Christian). Add to that, I'm told that McCoy (the back up QB) will play some slot receiver. The kid is just way too talented to not get on the field somewhere. How you'd like to be an opponent's Defensive Coordinator and see Highlands come out of the huddle with Sheehan, Christian, Collinsworth and McCoy all lined up as receivers? Yikes.

Hope these kids don't start believing all their press....Can anyone say, uh, Miami Heat?
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Hope these kids don't start believing all their press....Can anyone say, uh, Miami Heat?

I hope they live up to the press and their potential because, trust me, they are going to be getting a lot of press leading up to the first game. Not making any predictions that they'll definitely win state, but there is definitely some talent on this year's team.

Don't know anything about the Miami Heat. Is that a pro basketball team? If so, that explains why I don't know anything about them.
charlie22 Wrote:I hope they live up to the press and their potential because, trust me, they are going to be getting a lot of press leading up to the first game. Not making any predictions that they'll definitely win state, but there is definitely some talent on this year's team.

Don't know anything about the Miami Heat. Is that a pro basketball team? If so, that explains why I don't know anything about them.

In my young adult life it has been my experience that hope and expectation always exceed reality. I wish the Birds great success as well and look forward to watching the talent, but......
whackem'n'stackem Wrote:Hope these kids don't start believing all their press....Can anyone say, uh, Miami Heat?

This team won't lose near as many games as the "Heat" have. Smile
Who figures to see significant playing time in Highlands' defensive backfield this year? Drake Bruns and Carter New return as starters from last year. Who else will be in the mix?
I made a post about Highlands 2011 on another board and it got deleted. What the heck? Are you only permitted to discuss teams in certain letters of the alphabet?
Wideleft01 Wrote:I made a post about Highlands 2011 on another board and it got deleted. What the heck? Are you only permitted to discuss teams in certain letters of the alphabet?

Well what was it that you wanted to say about Highlands?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Highlands by 4-6 TD's over Boyle.

Highlands may win,but if you think they will blow Boyle out you my friend have lost your mind.:thatsfunn
Wideleft01 Wrote:I made a post about Highlands 2011 on another board and it got deleted. What the heck? Are you only permitted to discuss teams in certain letters of the alphabet?

The answer to that question is "yes." They only preview certain teams at certain times and it revolves around the alphabet. :Thumbs:
Wondering how spring ball was going. Who does it look like will be the starting RB. How are next year's sophomores doing?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Wondering how spring ball was going. Who does it look like will be the starting RB. How are next year's sophomores doing?

Spring ball is going good. Sophmores are looking great. Next years RB's are running hot. :Thumbs:
Good to hear. Thanks for the info. Just like I thought the report would be.
Heard tonight that Towles broke his collar bone in practice. Do not know if it is his throwing arm or non throwing arm. Should heal with no problem either way by time football season rolls around.
sstack Wrote:Heard tonight that Towles broke his collar bone in practice. Do not know if it is his throwing arm or non throwing arm. Should heal with no problem either way by time football season rolls around.

Is it really necessary to be beating on Towles in spring practice?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Is it really necessary to be beating on Towles in spring practice?

same thing I was thinking
do you know by now what arm it was and how long it will take for Towles to recover?
birdman44 Wrote:do you know by now what arm it was and how long it will take for Towles to recover?

I don't like posting injury info on message boards so I'll keep what I know to myself, but Towles will be totally healed up and fine before school is out this May.

Spring football concluded yesterday for the Birds. I really liked what I saw. Should be another fun year.
Highlands 2011

Aug 19th Boyle County Away 7:30 p.m.

Aug 26th Bye

Sept 2nd Dixie Heights Home 7:00 p.m.

Sept 9th Louisville Western Home 7:30 p.m.

Sept 16th Mason County Away 7:30 p.m.

Sept 24th Covington Catholic (District) Away 1:00 p.m.

Sept 30th Harrison County (District) Home 7:30 p.m.

Oct 6th Pendleton County (District) Away 7:00 p.m. (Thursday) - because of Wool festival

Oct 14th Covington Holmes (District) Home 7:00 p.m.

Oct 21st Cincinnati Elder Away 7:30 p.m.

Oct 28th Larry A. Ryle Home 7:30 p.m.

[URL="http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/khsaa/kyfb11/35108"]Highlands 2011 Football
[/URL]
Jack Lambert Wrote:Highlands may win,but if you think they will blow Boyle out you my friend have lost your mind.:thatsfunn

It's the booze talking. Just ignore him, my friend! :Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:The answer to that question is "yes." They only preview certain teams at certain times and it revolves around the alphabet. :Thumbs:
Yes that other site is a joke and they charge you 20 plus bucks to get kicked off everytime you say something that hey don't like this site is much better.
mrb5150 Wrote:Yes that other site is a joke and they charge you 20 plus bucks to get kicked off everytime you say something that hey don't like this site is much better.

No need to bash other sites. If you are a true fan of sports , you will get what you want and need from all football sites. If you don't want to pay, so be it. It's a free country. However, all the sports sites offer something for everyone and thank goodness it is a free country and we can pick and choose which sites we want to be on. It may be not to far in the near future that you will not be able to do such if the country keeps going in the direction that it is going and you will be wishing for the days when you had a choice.:biggrin:
ever join any of those scout.com or maxpreps dealios where you have to pay to read the articles about high school football players and teams? is it worth it?
To me it's not I'm not a scout.
tradition Wrote:No need to bash other sites. If you are a true fan of sports , you will get what you want and need from all football sites. If you don't want to pay, so be it. It's a free country. However, all the sports sites offer something for everyone and thank goodness it is a free country and we can pick and choose which sites we want to be on. It may be not to far in the near future that you will not be able to do such if the country keeps going in the direction that it is going and you will be wishing for the days when you had a choice.:biggrin:

Good post:Thumbs:
birdman44 Wrote:do you know by now what arm it was and how long it will take for Towles to recover?

Saw the young man over the weekend and he advised he was fully recovered. Good news for HHS fans.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Saw the young man over the weekend and he advised he was fully recovered. Good news for HHS fans.

Good to hear, Horst. I don't want to see a banged up Highland's team on opening weekend. Patrick is a great player, great person and look forward to seeing him play. :Thumbs:
jbwill2 Wrote:Who figures to see significant playing time in Highlands' defensive backfield this year? Drake Bruns and Carter New return as starters from last year. Who else will be in the mix?

Others in the mix in addition to the two you mentioned should include senior to be Jake Meyer, and juniors, Quentin Murray and Ben Streeter (who is moving from RB to DB). Probably some others as well. I believe Murray and Meyer both played a fair amount of varsity last year and I wouldn't be surprised to see Streeter become an impact player over time. Good athlete, exceptionally smart and a great kid.

Highlands plays a lot of teams this season that I would expect to have especially strong passing attacks (including Dixie Heights, CovCath, Elder and perhaps Lex Cath in the playoffs (if they both get that far) among others) so their DBs will be tested and an important key to their success.
BoyleCounty Wrote:Good to hear, Horst. I don't want to see a banged up Highland's team on opening weekend. Patrick is a great player, great person and look forward to seeing him play. :Thumbs:

Don't worry. Highlands would still be minus 35 if the backup QB has to play.
I'm hearing soph to be Zach Harris was turning heads at spring ball in the backfield. Expect him to join Jake True back their with speedster Colin Seidl also getting some carries. I heard Harris was blowing DB's up like it was his job and Dale had to tell him to take it easy.