Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle Co. 56 East Jessamine 11
RebelPride12 Wrote:When #63 walked by all everyone did was admire how huge he was and the only people who even knew who #1 is were standing next to me and none of us said anything. Feel free to pm me what was said. Like I said I can't speak for everyone but we are talking about a 90-110 foot walk between people and if anything out of the way was said it wasn't said very loudly for everyone to hear. All I heard was black and gold being chanted back and forth(not even that loudly) and when #63 walked by all I heard was "man he's huge" or "man he's a monster" and "I think he's going to UK" and I said "with that size he needs to be at UK".

I hope nothing was said and if so I apologize but the Rebel Walk consisted more adults and parents of players than students so it would be very surprising to me if anything was said and if anything was said it likely came from the few kids that were there. Just speculation on my part of course. I'd hate to think some of our Rebel adults can't be trusted around kids from the opposing team. That's not a good look and is rather embarrassing. That is also not the behavior of ANY of the Rebel parents or fans that I know. Every Rebel parent and adult fan that I know are class acts.
I talked to Zack(#63) and he said it was about 3 or 4 guys that were saying stuff, but its over and its no big deal. He did tell me that the Boyle coaching staff were nice people and had only nice things to say after the game.
KYHSFan Wrote:EJ relied on there running game all year, not that that is a bad thing because they were pretty successful with it. They really did not have good enough of a QB to have a passing attack that would of even helped them. I am a firm believer that a Coach does not win or lose a game because a coach will not have a gameplan that causes a loss. If they execute its a ball game but they were outmanned in this game. Boyle has better athletes. Any football coach could be Boyles Head Coach and be successful with the Athletes they have. I agree EJ was one dimensional because they did not have the ability to do other things. This by no means is Coach Bowlins fault, he tried to Coach to his teams strengths and was just outmanned in this one. Like you all stated before the only reason why the first game was close was because of Boyle missing starters due to injury. Coach Bowlin will continue to be the Coach at EJ for many years to come. If you know anything about Coach Bowlins past you know he likes to pass but without the Athletes (just like when he coached Grant County) you cant do it, you have to coach to the team strengths.

I want to reply to this and then I will leave this thread alone. The game is over and it's time to move on. That being said, I couldn't disagree more with the statement above concerning the athletes of the two teams or the coaching staff at Boyle Co. Aside from Dawson and a HANDFULL of others Boyle does not possess many true athletes. What they possess is some of the best coaches in the state and a group of hard working kids who listen to their teaching and work their a$$'s off in the offseason. You will notice I have said nothing about anybody else's team and their coaches or players. We are usually smaller than the other teams line, we don't have any 4.4 forty guys like several other teams I have seen this year. We have only one very large DT and the rest are small. I know football and if the coaching staffs of many teams we have beaten in the last 15 years or so switched sides with Boyle we would not be half the team they are. It is also not just X's and O's, it is also an expectation that you play harder and work harder than you thought possible. These teams are who they are because of the commitment and talent of these coaches and the young mens willingness to follow them.
64black&gold Wrote:I want to reply to this and then I will leave this thread alone. The game is over and it's time to move on. That being said, I couldn't disagree more with the statement above concerning the athletes of the two teams or the coaching staff at Boyle Co. Aside from Dawson and a HANDFULL of others Boyle does not possess many true athletes. What they possess is some of the best coaches in the state and a group of hard working kids who listen to their teaching and work their a$$'s off in the offseason. You will notice I have said nothing about anybody else's team and their coaches or players. We are usually smaller than the other teams line, we don't have any 4.4 forty guys like several other teams I have seen this year. We have only one very large DT and the rest are small. I know football and if the coaching staffs of many teams we have beaten in the last 15 years or so switched sides with Boyle we would not be half the team they are. It is also not just X's and O's, it is also an expectation that you play harder and work harder than you thought possible. These teams are who they are because of the commitment and talent of these coaches and the young mens willingness to follow them.

:Thumbs: Well said 64Black&Gold. :thanks: