Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Christian County
43.33%
Boyle County
56.67%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian County @ Boyle County 10/29
64black&gold Wrote:Once a Colonel,

I have agreed with everything you have said on this thread until the comments about the crowd size. I wouldn't say ours was large but we did outnumber the home side quite a bit. I counted. To be exact it was just shy of 3 to 1.

That is not what the gate receits indicated and that is what I was going by. I guess that doesn't really mean everyone was in the stands, though.. The home side is much larger and it takes a huge crowd to fill it.
Back on topic, does boyle co. have any injured players coming into this game?
Ill take Boyle 28 to 7.I think East got thier attention last friday,and they will be focused and ready to play.:Thumbs:
Only Boyle injuries are Jarrod Harrington and Keith Thielman. Everyone else should be playing. Unless the dogs show up again.:flush:

And yes, cctiger is actually right, all we do is run the ball. Every play. Why throw it when you can get 8 yards per carry?
Nope. Don't throw it at all. Don't even worry bout covering our WRs....
Once a Colonel Wrote:That is not what the gate receits indicated and that is what I was going by. I guess that doesn't really mean everyone was in the stands, though.. The home side is much larger and it takes a huge crowd to fill it.

I have no idea how many were at the game cause I wasn't there but I'm curious as to how the gate receipts know who is there for the home team and who is there for the visitors? Having never been to that stadium (Which I'm told is a great venue for High School Football), are there two different kinds of tickets or what? Just confused. :thanks:
I am not sure as to how many Christian County had inside the stadium, but in the stands during the Senior ceremony you could count the fans on their side on your hands.
Does anyone kno what kind of size CC has on thier lines?
PurplePride92 Wrote:Only Boyle injuries are Jarrod Harrington and Keith Thielman. Everyone else should be playing. Unless the dogs show up again.:flush:

And yes, cctiger is actually right, all we do is run the ball. Every play. Why throw it when you can get 8 yards per carry?

Hester is also still out.
Does anyone know if Chris Cook will be able to play due to a hip injury?
rick2517 Wrote:Does anyone know if Chris Cook will be able to play due to a hip injury?

I think they mentioned him as questionable. I would expect to see him unless the game is not close either way. Probably try to rest him on special teams and let Devan Cox have more carries on offense and use him just on D. Just my guesses.
We don't have a lot of size on the lines, but we have quite abit of speed. I have seen our lines look great this year and I have seen them look bad. So it all depends on who shows up and how the matchups are.
To all the good folks from West Kentucky please drive safely. And it will be good to have you in the Rebel Nation.
64black&gold Wrote:I think they mentioned him as questionable. I would expect to see him unless the game is not close either way. Probably try to rest him on special teams and let Devan Cox have more carries on offense and use him just on D. Just my guesses.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe not even see him on offense and let Cox and Dawson get the carries.
Game day ,and it sure feels like it by the temperature outside.GO REBELS.:Thumbs:
We have Harrington, Theilmann, and Hester out. Cook is questionable.

I agree, I'd be surprised if Cook doesn't play, bein Sr night too. We just don't need anymore injuries tonight.... Here's to an injury-free game for both teams!
I'm a Rebel but I'll go with Christian County in this one 20-14.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I'm a Rebel but I'll go with Christian County in this one 20-14.

You must be a Casey County Rebel. You would be the first Boyle County Rebel that I know who would pick the opposing team to win for the sake of being right. I'd rather roll with my Rebels and lose than pick against them. I don't care whothe opponent is. I am guilty of blind loyalty and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Tandy didn't play against Boyle last year. He, along with Hickey, will provide more than enough offense. They can go the distance every time they touch the ball and, for all of Boyle County's accolades, they don't have a horse that can run with either of those two. There best bet is that if Mr. Dawson hits either one that it really slows them down.

I'm going with the Colonels 35-21.
Gotta go with boyle....
Jackson05 Wrote:Tandy didn't play against Boyle last year. He, along with Hickey, will provide more than enough offense. They can go the distance every time they touch the ball and, for all of Boyle County's accolades, they don't have a horse that can run with either of those two. There best bet is that if Mr. Dawson hits either one that it really slows them down.

How do you see Christian County's chances for the 5A title this year?
Jackson05 Wrote:Tandy didn't play against Boyle last year. He, along with Hickey, will provide more than enough offense. They can go the distance every time they touch the ball and, for all of Boyle County's accolades, they don't have a horse that can run with either of those two. There best bet is that if Mr. Dawson hits either one that it really slows them down.

They cant go the distance if they cant get out of the backfield.the best way to stop speed is to attack it before it gets started.ask Chuck Smith that was his philosiphy,and Hesters and French to.:Thumbs:
Hatz Wrote:How do you see Christian County's chances for the 5A title this year?

With Christian County beating Warren Central, Central getting the W over Bowling Green, and Highlands losing last night, IMO thier chances are getting better each week.
Good Luck tonight Rebel fans!!!
Does any Rebel fan know how many yards JJ Jude rushed against you guys? JC hasnt posted ant stats on KHSAA to find out.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Does any Rebel fan know how many yards JJ Jude rushed against you guys? JC hasnt posted ant stats on KHSAA to find out.

Here's the AM News story on the game:

http://www.amnews.com/stories/2010/08/21/spo.394120.sto

According to that, Jude rushed for 127 yards on 21 carries. Here were stats from that first game of the season:

First Quarter

Johnson Central – J.J. Jude 5 run (Jude run), 6:31
Boyle – Chris Cook 2 run (Harris kick), 2:17

Second Quarter

Boyle – Cook 96 run (Harris kick), 9:05
Johnson – Jude 32 run (Ousley kick), 7:06
Boyle – Jarrod Harrington 38 pass from Devon Hale (Harris kick), :33.9

Third Quarter

Johnson – Tanner Bratton 11 run (Ousley kick), 4:39
Boyle — Hall 24 pass from Hale (Harris kick), 2:51

Fourth Quarter

Boyle – Hale fumble recovery in end zone (Harris kick), 5:26.
Johnson – Cody Parker 24 pass from Hall (Ousley kick), 3:02

BC JC

First Downs
12 10

Rushes
27-300 43-288

Passing
193 154

Total Yards

Comp-Att-Int
7-13-2
5-9-1

Fumbles - Lost
1-1
0-0

Penalties - Yards
3-15
2-10

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING — Boyle, Chris Cook 17-193, Devon Hale 2-2, Devon Cox 6-46, Jarrod Harrington 1-48, Lamar Dawson 1-11. Johnson Central, J.J. Jude 21-127, Tanner Bratton 8-68, J.K. Hall 14-73.

PASSING — Boyle, Hale 8-14-2-193. Johnson Central, Hall 5-9-1-154.

RECEIVING — Boyle, Harrington 3-62, Dawson 1-13, Bryan Ferrell 1-14, Lloyd Hall 3-49.

Johnson Central, D.J. Ousley 1-17, J.J Jude 2-77, Cody Parker 2-50.
Thank you!! I have been looking for that all season.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thank you!! I have been looking for that all season.

glad I could oblige. :Thumbs:
BC
PurplePride92 Wrote:You must be a Casey County Rebel. You would be the first Boyle County Rebel that I know who would pick the opposing team to win for the sake of being right. I'd rather roll with my Rebels and lose than pick against them. I don't care whothe opponent is. I am guilty of blind loyalty and I wouldn't have it any other way.

No, I'm a Boyle County Rebel. I base my picks on who I think will win. I guess with your "blind loyalty" anything you say can be discounted as you don't apparently use your head. That makes for a pretty dull conversation, huh? :Thumbs: