Poll: Who wins it.
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Pikeville
66.04%
Betsy Layne
33.96%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne @ Pikeville 10/15
Didn't do it last week, but I'll go for it this week if any BL fans want to. Straight up, Betsy Layne wins, I change my avatar to a nice Betsy Layne Logo for two weeks. Pikeville wins, yours will be changed to a nice Pikeville "P". Who wants some action? Let's see who is "scared". :1:

[Image: http://i54.tinypic.com/102qlfk.jpg]

OR

[Image: http://i52.tinypic.com/2edbkfc.jpg]

Come on. I Dare ya.
hunter 44 Wrote:and for that big P panther thunder theres somthing fishy about it!
Not really, I had that already saved and had to find a BL helmet and that is all I found, but go ahead and read into it alllllll you want. :biggrin:
hunter 44 Wrote:someone told me hamiltion brought back a play book from pikeville ,so thay might be in trouble.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Panther Thunder Wrote:Not really, I had that already saved and had to find a BL helmet and that is all I found, but go ahead and read into it alllllll you want. :biggrin:

if you dont understand what i ment by fishy.o well.:biggrin:
Pikeville by 2 td
cleaning done.
like to see Bl, but got to go with Pikeville
Pikeville wins big

54-6
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Ok say he did steal it. Who are they gonna get to read it to them? LOL! just kiddin guys. All in good fun.

All good fun for who the great community of Pikeville, or just for you and your buddies on here? Enlighten us with how much education you have so we know really what kind of persons we have to deal with when we come in to town...
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
Panther Thunder Wrote:Didn't do it last week, but I'll go for it this week if any BL fans want to. Straight up, Betsy Layne wins, I change my avatar to a nice Betsy Layne Logo for two weeks. Pikeville wins, yours will be changed to a nice Pikeville "P". Who wants some action? Let's see who is "scared". :1:

[Image: http://i54.tinypic.com/102qlfk.jpg]

OR

[Image: http://i52.tinypic.com/2edbkfc.jpg]

Come on. I Dare ya.

BET! Your on...lol...good luck:popcorn:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC/]
I might have jumped the gun a little bit when I picked Pikeville to win by 6 touchdowns earlier. After having some time to think about it this week, I want to change my prediction to something a little more realistic, so here goes:

Pikeville by 7 touchdowns.
all joking behind us i don see pikeville or bl running away. bl cant be judged by there past. this is a very talented group and i think alot of people will schocked by the score after all is said and done.
jetpilot Wrote:I might have jumped the gun a little bit when I picked Pikeville to win by 6 touchdowns earlier. After having some time to think about it this week, I want to change my prediction to something a little more realistic, so here goes:

Pikeville by 7 touchdowns.
:flame:
Pikeville will be the place to be come Friday night.

Pikeville won last year 55-8.

The players who scored 53 of the 55, still play.

Taylor Ratliff scored 4 TD's (2 rushing, receiving and on kickoff)

Randy Maynard scored on a blocked punt.

Ross McCoy had 3 sacks for 31yds and had 2 TD's rushing.

Nick Jones also had a rushing TD.

BL had 148yds. of offense and one TD. Completing 2 of 17 passes for 20yds.

With that said...

Pikeville- 49
Betsy Layne- 14
Recznik Wrote:All good fun for who the great community of Pikeville, or just for you and your buddies on here? Enlighten us with how much education you have so we know really what kind of persons we have to deal with when we come in to town...
Im sorry, Im just so scared of the beating our boys are gonna take friday night.:yikes:
with all this chatter it SHOULD be a good game, but then again it's the players that do the talking on the field not the silly banter on a website. Good luck to both teams hopefully it will be close
Pikeville
no disrespect to blhs, but who have you played to get your 5 wins. Sfhs, phs, jchs, burch, phelps. you lost to an average at best magoffin county team. i have seen you play twice this year, and i dont think you have reached the level of the panthers yet. in a lop-sided one panthers by 30.
besty layne by 3
jetpilot,
I cant wait for this to come back and bite you.
7 touchdowns??? LMAO
silly silly person.
^^lol...This silly guy is 29-0 lifetime picking the Pikeville/BL game.:biggrin:
This thread reminds me of the Belfry/Pike Central thread last week.
Jetpilot you'll be 30-0 after Friday so don't worry
BlackcatAlum Wrote:This thread reminds me of the Belfry/Pike Central thread last week.
Except neither team will be title contender.
Billnz28 Wrote:cleaning done.

way to clean things up. your go to make some one a good little woman some day.
hunter 44 Wrote:way to clean things up. your go to make some one a good little woman some day.
Welp. Cya Later.
Is it just me or is this a replay of the AC-Pikeville thread from last year?
First off, I just like to say the reason we even have threads like these now is because Pikeville is a shadow of what it once was. There was a time when you spoke of Pikeville and you did not bring up district, you brought up state! But that has not been the case for the last few years.

However, my opinion on this game... Betsy Layne has the better skill players, but in any level of football, the team with the best line has the best chance of winning. Pikeville has the best line in the district. I think Betsy Layne has the talent to win this game, but it comes down to a really good game plan.

I have watched Pikeville a couple times this year, if you want to beat them, you have to tighten up your defensive line and make sure they cannot run it up the gut all night...a lot easier said then done! Secondly, if your players do not stay at home...especially your outside linebackers, then Pikeville's QB (not sure on the names, I believe it's Maynard) will scramble out of the pocket and pick up first downs all night. You have to keep him behind the line of scrimmage with your outside linebackers and the line has to keep gaps from forming for him to escape into the open field.

The one flaw that I have picked up on with Pikeville's QB though is how much he wants to go to his number 1 receiver even when other people are wide open. You need to double down on Pville's top WR (i believe he is #1...could be wrong) and force them to throw it somewhere else.

If your Betsy Layne, you have to limit your mistakes. Your not going to get first downs and touchdowns on every play or series, so you have to take what Pikeville gives you. Do not try to do too much, and most importantly...TAKE CARE OF THE BALL! You turn the ball over in this game and it will be over fast. Spread the field to try and try to spread the defense, and then attack favorable match ups. Pikeville is going to focus on shutting down Adkins and Jarrell, so throw quick slants and drop your backs into the flats to get behind the blitz. Try to get receivers into man to man match ups, and throw to routes that can take advantage of man coverage.

I'm not going to make a pick on who wins this game, because you cannot make a honest pick with a team you love. I graduated from Betsy Layne, I love Betsy Layne and I know this is the best shot they have ever had to knock off Pikeville. I hope they take advantage of it. This could be a close one, this could be a blow out...you never know until they play the game! But if Appalachian State can beat Michigan at the Big House, the Jets can beat the Colts in the super bowl, why can't the Bobcats beat the Panthers in the house that Hillard built!
bball_fan Wrote:First off, I just like to say the reason we even have threads like these now is because Pikeville is a shadow of what it once was. There was a time when you spoke of Pikeville and you did not bring up district, you brought up state! But that has not been the case for the last few years.

However, my opinion on this game... Betsy Layne has the better skill players, but in any level of football, the team with the best line has the best chance of winning. Pikeville has the best line in the district. I think Betsy Layne has the talent to win this game, but it comes down to a really good game plan.

I have watched Pikeville a couple times this year, if you want to beat them, you have to tighten up your defensive line and make sure they cannot run it up the gut all night...a lot easier said then done! Secondly, if your players do not stay at home...especially your outside linebackers, then Pikeville's QB (not sure on the names, I believe it's Maynard) will scramble out of the pocket and pick up first downs all night. You have to keep him behind the line of scrimmage with your outside linebackers and the line has to keep gaps from forming for him to escape into the open field.

The one flaw that I have picked up on with Pikeville's QB though is how much he wants to go to his number 1 receiver even when other people are wide open. You need to double down on Pville's top WR (i believe he is #1...could be wrong) and force them to throw it somewhere else.

If your Betsy Layne, you have to limit your mistakes. Your not going to get first downs and touchdowns on every play or series, so you have to take what Pikeville gives you. Do not try to do too much, and most importantly...TAKE CARE OF THE BALL! You turn the ball over in this game and it will be over fast. Spread the field to try and try to spread the defense, and then attack favorable match ups. Pikeville is going to focus on shutting down Adkins and Jarrell, so throw quick slants and drop your backs into the flats to get behind the blitz. Try to get receivers into man to man match ups, and throw to routes that can take advantage of man coverage.

I'm not going to make a pick on who wins this game, because you cannot make a honest pick with a team you love. I graduated from Betsy Layne, I love Betsy Layne and I know this is the best shot they have ever had to knock off Pikeville. I hope they take advantage of it. This could be a close one, this could be a blow out...you never know until they play the game! But if Appalachian State can beat Michigan at the Big House, the Jets can beat the Colts in the super bowl, why can't the Bobcats beat the Panthers in the house that Hillard built!

No disrespect by any means, but that's a whole lot of IF's. How does BL have the better skill players, only curious?

The Strength of Schedule and big game experience will be the difference in this one.
just ask any coach in the 8th thats seen bls skill players.bl went to lc back in the summer and played passing league beating some pretty stiff comp, deroset from p burg told me himself he was glad pburg didn,t draw bl because it would have been a big moral victory for bl and a big let down for them to start the season on . yes bl has improved but thay still have room for improvement. no bl fan in there right mind thinks that were going into a cake walk,but if we score first it might get good ,if not alot of bl fans better find a hole to crawl into because its going to get bad. also i think deroset knodws good skill players when he sees them.
hunter 44 Wrote:just ask any coach in the 8th thats seen bls skill players.bl went to lc back in the summer and played passing league beating some pretty stiff comp, deroset from p burg told me himself he was glad pburg didn,t draw bl because it would have been a big moral victory for bl and a big let down for them to start the season on . yes bl has improved but thay still have room for improvement. no bl fan in there right mind thinks that were going into a cake walk,but if we score first it might get good ,if not alot of bl fans better find a hole to crawl into because its going to get bad. also i think deroset knodws good skill players when he sees them.

What about the ones in District 8, that's faced Pikeville?

Pikeville is also 3-0 in district.

179 points scored, with only 2 TD's given up.