Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Its Official Bell Co to Class 3A next year...
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This year and next year Bell would dominate Belfry, IMO.

Two seasons from now will be a whole new ballgame though.

Bell will be pretty good 2 years from now. They will have 2 very good RB's, QB that can run and throw and some good lineman. 1 of which is starting now as a Soph.
Bell County moving to 3A makes this Rock fan sad and happy. I realized that Bell county has kicked Rock's butt for a few years now. However, I honestly believed that Rock would have won next season. Bell has quite a few Seniors, if I am not mistaken, and most of Rock's weapons are Sophomores or Juniors.

Ah well, I know that Bell would accept a challenge, and these two teams always find a way to face each other again. So to all of the fans at Log Mountain, the battle is over, but somewhere in the hearts of Rock and Bell fans, the war is far from over. Big Grin
alrighty then 3a here we come.
Corbin will be fine and compete in whatever class they play in and with whoever they play . . . including Bell. We never ran from Bell because the players never had a choice in the matter. We have always wanted to play and now it looks like we'll finally get the chance. GO HOUNDS!!!
I wonder how KCC will fare against Bell Co?
BIGREDDAWG Wrote:Corbin will be fine and compete in whatever class they play in and with whoever they play . . . including Bell. We never ran from Bell because the players never had a choice in the matter. We have always wanted to play and now it looks like we'll finally get the chance. GO HOUNDS!!!

Agreed. The Coach did have a choice and he chose to run.
tradition Wrote:Third, and most importantly, personnally talked to Dudley in January and He wants nothing to do with being in the same class as Highlands. He actually said" if Highlands moved to 4A he would move to 3A or 5A" He wants nothing to do with Highlands. Sorry all you Bell Co. fans but that is a direct quote from you beloved coach and it stuck in this Highlands fans mind for a life time. I will never forget it and I have witnesses. Sorry.

sarcasm is lost on you. Hilton and Bell have played highlands before and they would again. Coach Hilton respects the highlands program as being one of the best in the state, that was just his way of saying that.
Trophy can be sent before season starts or after the title game either way Bell will win most all of them
Based on boys enrollment the past two years. (40 teams in 3A, 20 in East/20 in West)
East Division ( Perdiction)
13th region teams: Bell Co. Corbin Jackson Co.
14th region teams: Breathitt Co., Powell Co. Knott Co. Central, Estill Co. Magoffin Co.
15th region teams: Belfry, Shelby Valley,East Ridge, Pike Co. Central, Sheldon Clark, Lawrence Co.
16th region teams: East Carter, West Carter, Mason Co. Lewis Co, Fleming Co.Morgan Co.

You figure out who is in districts together.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:Trophy can be sent before season starts or after the title game either way Bell will win most all of them

I wish it was that easy. I will be honest Bell Co should DOMINATE the 3A East for some time and get to the State Championship game alot. Question is how good will PT, Ft Campbell, and Central be from the West? Its always fun just making it but better when you win it all. :1:
tradition Wrote:I appologize, I haven't read thru all the post but I must say this thread just makes me giddy.

First of all yes, per the KHSAA the new alignment has be set and Bell is in 3A. Second, it has not be actually approved and voted on by the KHSAA until October. Dudley has nothing to do with that.

Third, and most importantly, personnally talked to Dudley in January and He wants nothing to do with being in the same class as Highlands. He actually said" if Highlands moved to 4A he would move to 3A or 5A" He wants nothing to do with Highlands. Sorry all you Bell Co. fans but that is a direct quote from you beloved coach and it stuck in this Highlands fans mind for a life time. I will never forget it and I have witnesses. Sorry.

Really can't blame him. He's not stupid.

So I'm sure Dudley is extremly happy in 3A where he will have a better chance of winning a state title than in 4A.

Just ask him.:Thumbs:

Thanks for your experience. God Bless You.....
EKUAlum05 Wrote:This year and next year Bell would dominate Belfry, IMO.

Two seasons from now will be a whole new ballgame though.

I'm sure you're not going to keep Belfry down long. Very solid program that I respect a lot. But keep in mind, Bell has young players that are very, very talented as well. I'm sure the future is bright for both teams.
How is this "official" if the KHSAA has not voted on this?
zaga_fan Wrote:I wonder how KCC will fare against Bell Co?

Probaly the same way Perry Central did in 14th Region Finals... Lose!:zzz::zzz:
easyM Wrote:I'm sure you're not going to keep Belfry down long. Very solid program that I respect a lot. But keep in mind, Bell has young players that are very, very talented as well. I'm sure the future is bright for both teams.

Of course. I am not saying in two years Belfry will plow over the entire state, I am just saying in two years Belfry should be back to the level where they will be on the short list of State Title favorites just like the early 2000's and a couple years ago. I fully expect Bell to be right with them... the current Sophomores and Freshmen on this Pirate team may be the single most heralded wave of talent to ever come through the program along with those 2002 and 2003 teams who were so good.

As it stands right now this current Belfry team would be just another speedbump on Bell's road of dominance...and although Belfry will improve...next year will be a similar fate IMO. I am simply saying whereas I expect Bell to maintain their success and be a similar program in two years, Belfry will be significantly improved to the point it should make for a terrific matchup if they meet.

Alot can happen between now and then, but the writing on the wall is that there will be some great showdowns between these two programs in a couple years.
johnnyt Wrote:sarcasm is lost on you. Hilton and Bell have played highlands before and they would again. Coach Hilton respects the highlands program as being one of the best in the state, that was just his way of saying that.

You weren't there. You have know way of knowing his intent when you were not involved in the conversation.:biggrin:

Have a nice day.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:How is this "official" if the KHSAA has not voted on this?

Its official Bell Co will be in 3A regardless. They are not going to go up or down.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I wish it was that easy. I will be honest Bell Co should DOMINATE the 3A East for some time and get to the State Championship game alot. Question is how good will PT, Ft Campbell, and Central be from the West? Its always fun just making it but better when you win it all. :1:

The just making it to the title game is overrated, trust me on that, I sadly just got first hand experience on the subject for the second time in several years. Leaves empty void, a feeling of being a second class citizens, it makes me sick
CatDawg Wrote:Based on this list I say these are the four EKY districts.chemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Russell, Bath County, Lewis County, Fleming County and Mason County.
West Carter, East Carter, Magoffin County, Lawrence County and Morgan County.
Shelby Valley, Sheldon Clark, East Ridge, Pike Central and Belfry.
Bell County, Corbin, Knott County Central, Jackson County and McCreary County.

Based on the Cincy paper from a few weeks back it could be a little different.

Knott county would be getting screwed in this situation. Trips from Knott. Bell 2 hour trip. Corbin 2 hour trip, Jackson County 2 hour trip, and McCreary Central 2.5 hour trip.

The other district from Knott County. Shelby Valley 1 hour, Sheldon Clark 1.5 hours, east Ridge 1.5 hours, Pike Central 1 hour, Belfry 1.5 hours.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Knott county would be getting screwed in this situation. Trips from Knott. Bell 2 hour trip. Corbin 2 hour trip, Jackson County 2 hour trip, and McCreary Central 2.5 hour trip.

The other district from Knott County. Shelby Valley 1 hour, Sheldon Clark 1.5 hours, east Ridge 1.5 hours, Pike Central 1 hour, Belfry 1.5 hours.

i thought Russell was back to 2a next year?
yep ,just looked it up Russell in 2a next year, maybe Belfry can get them to play home and home now,since they wont be in 3a
Not sure I thought the same but the list that was posted last night showed them as one of the smaller 3a teams.
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Of course. I am not saying in two years Belfry will plow over the entire state, I am just saying in two years Belfry should be back to the level where they will be on the short list of State Title favorites just like the early 2000's and a couple years ago. I fully expect Bell to be right with them... the current Sophomores and Freshmen on this Pirate team may be the single most heralded wave of talent to ever come through the program along with those 2002 and 2003 teams who were so good.

As it stands right now this current Belfry team would be just another speedbump on Bell's road of dominance...and although Belfry will improve...next year will be a similar fate IMO. I am simply saying whereas I expect Bell to maintain their success and be a similar program in two years, Belfry will be significantly improved to the point it should make for a terrific matchup if they meet.

Alot can happen between now and then, but the writing on the wall is that there will be some great showdowns between these two programs in a couple years.

I agree with you for sure. These two teams should have some great games between them in the future. Both have consistently been winners for years now. I look forward to the future seeing these two solid programs going head to head. Definite slobber knockers!!!!!
Belfry will be back. That's a no brainer. The law of average has caught up with them lately but we all know the return of Belfry is eminent.
Captain Crook Wrote:Probaly the same way Perry Central did in 14th Region Finals... Lose!:zzz::zzz:

Yeah but Perry was actually ahead most of the game...
that won't be the case
Benchwarmer Wrote:Knott county would be getting screwed in this situation. Trips from Knott. Bell 2 hour trip. Corbin 2 hour trip, Jackson County 2 hour trip, and McCreary Central 2.5 hour trip.

It happens like that sometimes.
Teams on the outer edge of a district get screwed in football.
It can't be based on distance if you're going to divide it into classes.
The only thing I really don't like about the whole new mix is that it's been recommended for 4 years instead of 2. Schools can change a bunch in 2 years with class sizes and 4 years could really put some at a disadvantage or advantage.
64black&gold Wrote:The only thing I really don't like about the whole new mix is that it's been recommended for 4 years instead of 2. Schools can change a bunch in 2 years with class sizes and 4 years could really put some at a disadvantage or advantage.

Good point. Look at some of the major changes and differences in some of the schools right now. You basically have had a 3A school in Bell in 4A for 2 years. They have up to 120 less boys in school than some of the team in their own region and class. I think 2 years would be the best way to go. Most non-district games are contracted for 2 years anyway.
Picked this up from another site

CLASS 6A
Region I
District 1: Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County
District 2: Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County, Southern

Region II
District 3: Butler, DuPont Manual, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
District 4: Eastern, Fern Creek, Male, Seneca

Region III
District 5: Ballard, Oldham County, Simon Kenton, Trinity
District 6: Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle

Region IV
District 7: Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Scott County
District 8: George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Tates Creek

CLASS 5A
Region I
District 1: Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville
District 2: Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central

Region II
District 3: Grayson County, John Hardin, North Hardin, Ohio County
District 4: Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, North Bullitt

Region III
District 5: Conner, Grant County, Scott, South Oldham
District 6: Anderson County, East Jessamine, Franklin County, West Jessamine, Woodford County

Region IV
District 7: Lincoln County, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, Pulaski County, Southwestern
District 8: Harlan County, North Laurel, Perry County Central, South Laurel, Whitley County

CLASS 4A
Region I
District 1: Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Owensboro
District 2: Allen County-Scottsville, Breckinridge County, Franklin-Simpson, Warren East

Region II
District 3: Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Moore, Valley, Western
District 4: Boyle County, Marion County, Mercer County, Russell County, Taylor County

Region III
District 5: Collins, Lexington Catholic, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Waggener
District 6: Cooper, Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

Region IV
District 7: Clay County, Knox Central, Letcher County Central, Rockcastle County
District 8: Ashland, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

CLASS 3A
Region I
District 1: Fort Campbell, Heath, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Webster County
District 2: Adair County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Monroe County, South Warren

Region II
District 3: Central, Elizabethtown, Henry County, Larue County, Western Hills
District 4: Casey County, Garrard County, McCreary Central, Wayne County

Region III
District 5: Bourbon County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, West Carter
District 6: Breathitt County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Sheldon Clark

Region IV
District 7: Bell County, Corbin, Estill County, Jackson County, Powell County
District 8: Belfry, East Ridge, Knott County Central, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley

CLASS 2A
Region I
District 1: Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Murray, Reidland, Union County
District 2: Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

Region II
District 3: Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Somerset
District 4: Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

Region III
District 5: Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Shawnee, Trimble County
District 6: Covington Holy Cross, Gallatin County, Lloyd Memorial, Owen County, Walton-Verona

Region IV
District 7: Bath County, Bishop Brossart, Lexington Christian, Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Russell
District 8: Betsy Layne, Leslie County, Middlesboro, Prestonsburg

CLASS 1A
Region I
District 1: Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield, Russellville
District 2: Bethlehem, Caverna, Kentucky Country Day, Louisville Holy Cross

Region II
District 3: Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 4: Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Nicholas County

Region III
District 5: Berea, Campbellsville, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg
District 6: Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

Region IV
District 7: Fairview, Paintsville, Paris, Raceland
District 8: Allen Central, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
3A went from the weakest class to one of the strongest. They keep all the good 3A teams and added Fort Campbell, Bell Co. Larue Co. which dropped down and Monroe Co. as well.
Pigskinman53 Wrote:Picked this up from another site

CLASS 6A
Region I
District 1: Daviess County, Henderson County, Marshall County, Muhlenberg County
District 2: Central Hardin, Meade County, Nelson County, Southern

Region II
District 3: Butler, DuPont Manual, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
District 4: Eastern, Fern Creek, Male, Seneca

Region III
District 5: Ballard, Oldham County, Simon Kenton, Trinity
District 6: Boone County, Campbell County, Dixie Heights, Ryle

Region IV
District 7: Bryan Station, Lafayette, Paul Dunbar, Scott County
District 8: George Rogers Clark, Henry Clay, Madison Central, Tates Creek

CLASS 5A
Region I
District 1: Apollo, Christian County, Graves County, Hopkinsville
District 2: Barren County, Bowling Green, Greenwood, Logan County, Warren Central

Region II
District 3: Grayson County, John Hardin, North Hardin, Ohio County
District 4: Bullitt Central, Bullitt East, Iroquois, Jeffersontown, North Bullitt

Region III
District 5: Conner, Grant County, Scott, South Oldham
District 6: Anderson County, East Jessamine, Franklin County, West Jessamine, Woodford County

Region IV
District 7: Lincoln County, Madison Southern, Montgomery County, Pulaski County, Southwestern
District 8: Harlan County, North Laurel, Perry County Central, South Laurel, Whitley County

CLASS 4A
Region I
District 1: Calloway County, Hopkins County Central, Lone Oak, Madisonville-North Hopkins, Owensboro
District 2: Allen County-Scottsville, Breckinridge County, Franklin-Simpson, Warren East

Region II
District 3: Atherton, Doss, Fairdale, Moore, Valley, Western
District 4: Boyle County, Marion County, Mercer County, Russell County, Taylor County

Region III
District 5: Collins, Lexington Catholic, North Oldham, Shelby County, Spencer County, Waggener
District 6: Cooper, Covington Catholic, Harrison County, Highlands, Holmes, Pendleton County

Region IV
District 7: Clay County, Knox Central, Letcher County Central, Rockcastle County
District 8: Ashland, Boyd County, Greenup County, Johnson Central, Rowan County

CLASS 3A
Region I
District 1: Fort Campbell, Heath, Paducah Tilghman, Trigg County, Webster County
District 2: Adair County, Edmonson County, Hart County, Monroe County, South Warren

Region II
District 3: Central, Elizabethtown, Henry County, Larue County, Western Hills
District 4: Casey County, Garrard County, McCreary Central, Wayne County

Region III
District 5: Bourbon County, East Carter, Fleming County, Lewis County, Mason County, West Carter
District 6: Breathitt County, Lawrence County, Magoffin County, Morgan County, Sheldon Clark

Region IV
District 7: Bell County, Corbin, Estill County, Jackson County, Powell County
District 8: Belfry, East Ridge, Knott County Central, Pike County Central, Shelby Valley

CLASS 2A
Region I
District 1: Ballard Memorial, Caldwell County, Crittenden County, Murray, Reidland, Union County
District 2: Butler County, Hancock County, McLean County, Owensboro Catholic, Todd County Central

Region II
District 3: Clinton County, Glasgow, Green County, Metcalfe County, Somerset
District 4: Bardstown, Danville, Fort Knox, Washington County

Region III
District 5: Carroll County, Christian Academy-Louisville, DeSales, Shawnee, Trimble County
District 6: Covington Holy Cross, Gallatin County, Lloyd Memorial, Owen County, Walton-Verona

Region IV
District 7: Bath County, Bishop Brossart, Lexington Christian, Newport, Newport Central Catholic, Russell
District 8: Betsy Layne, Leslie County, Middlesboro, Prestonsburg

CLASS 1A
Region I
District 1: Fulton City, Fulton County, Mayfield, Russellville
District 2: Bethlehem, Caverna, Kentucky Country Day, Louisville Holy Cross

Region II
District 3: Beechwood, Bellevue, Dayton, Ludlow
District 4: Bracken County, Eminence, Frankfort, Nicholas County

Region III
District 5: Berea, Campbellsville, Lynn Camp, Williamsburg
District 6: Harlan, Hazard, Jenkins, Pineville

Region IV
District 7: Fairview, Paintsville, Paris, Raceland
District 8: Allen Central, Phelps, Pikeville, South Floyd
Are these suppose to be the final districts or just someones thoughts on how it might be?
Mark 11:23 "For assuredly, I say to you, whoever says to this MOUNTAIN, `Be removed and be cast into the sea,' and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will come to pass, he will have whatever he says. NKJ