Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Its Official Bell Co to Class 3A next year...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
per a Bell Co coach tonight. District will look like this.

Bell Co
Corbin
McCreary Co Central
Knott Co Central
Jackson Co
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:per a Bell Co coach tonight. District will look like this.

Bell Co
Corbin
McCreary Co Central
Knott Co Central
Jackson Co

How in the world? KCC is getting further and further away to play district games.
Khsaa hasnt decided on districts yet, but they are 3A next year.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:per a Bell Co coach tonight. District will look like this.

Bell Co
Corbin
McCreary Co Central
Knott Co Central
Jackson Co

That district sure doesn't look like it would provide much competition for the MIGHTY Bell Co Bobcats next year.
sheriff Wrote:Khsaa hasnt decided on districts yet, but they are 3A next year.

Trust me, thats the District. This info came straight from Dudley Hilton tonight at the JV game.
leecoukfan Wrote:That district sure doesn't look like it would provide much competition for the MIGHTY Bell Co Bobcats next year.

The District and Region for Bell Co in 3A is very very favorable for them to atleast get to the State Semi almost every single year.

Also Dudley said he isnt going anywhere anytime soon. He said the future looks bright for the Bobcats in 3A. :Thumbs:
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Trust me, thats the District. This info came straight from Dudley Hilton tonight at the JV game.
That very well might be their district, but nothing has been released as "official' from the KHSAA. They are waiting to see how many schools elect to play up before they finalize the districts.
thecoacher Wrote:That very well might be their district, but nothing has been released as "official' from the KHSAA. They are waiting to see how many schools elect to play up before they finalize the districts.

I understand. I figured with it coming from the main man its probably 90% going to be the District. Im curious to see for sure who will be in the Region. A while back in the Cincy paper I think they showed Sheldon Clark and Belfry in Bell's Region.

4A will be scary with Boyle Co, Highlands, Johnson Central and so on.
Not even the GREAT Dudley Hilton knows what the districts will look like. Probably more of a guess.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I understand. I figured with it coming from the main man its probably 90% going to be the District. Im curious to see for sure who will be in the Region. A while back in the Cincy paper I think they showed Sheldon Clark and Belfry in Bell's Region.

4A will be scary with Boyle Co, Highlands, Johnson Central and so on.

3A got a lot tougher with the addition of Bell, Lawrence and Ft Campbell!
thecoacher Wrote:3A got a lot tougher with the addition of Bell, Lawrence and Ft Campbell!

:Thumbs:
I bet the Corbin officials will kick out 200 kids to get out of this district, theyd hate to see those easy district championships go away.:igiveup:
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I bet the Corbin officials will kick out 200 kids to get out of this district, theyd hate to see those easy district championships go away.:igiveup:

They could just let them go to Lynn Camp.
Should be interesting in two years. Right now Belfry, or any other EKY 3A team, could not stay within 5 TD's of Bell, IMHO.

Belfry is absolutely loaded with young talent that will bring them back to vintage form in a couple seasons, should potentially make for some more post season classics which became customary for so many years between these two teams. Throw in the fact that Pike Central is exponteitally getting better under John Chapman, and SC's program is getting better as well... and this could make for some darn good football.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:They could just let them go to Lynn Camp.

Not if this reciprocal agreement Knox is trying so hard to fight goes in there favor, then kids who live in Corbin city would have to pay to go to Lynn Camp, but i get what your saying, either way I know there will be a bunch of unhappy people in Corbin
Could someone provide a list or link of all the classes?
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Should be interesting in two years. Right now Belfry, or any other EKY 3A team, could not stay within 5 TD's of Bell, IMHO.

Belfry is absolutely loaded with young talent that will bring them back to vintage form in a couple seasons, should potentially make for some more post season classics which became customary for so many years between these two teams. Throw in the fact that Pike Central is exponteitally getting better under John Chapman, and SC's program is getting better as well... and this could make for some darn good football.

Im just excited about getting to play a team that has ran from us for a few years now in Corbin. Also excited about playing Belfry if we get to meet each year in the playoffs.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Should be interesting in two years. Right now Belfry, or any other EKY 3A team, could not stay within 5 TD's of Bell, IMHO.

I agree, somebody will eventually catch up to Bell in that class if it really does happen that way, but i believe Bell will be a top contender year in and year out if they had that set up. I wonder how many more state championships could have been brought back to Log Mountain had this always been the set up.
How many students are at Bell?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I agree, somebody will eventually catch up to Bell in that class if it really does happen that way, but i believe Bell will be a top contender year in and year out if they had that set up. I wonder how many more state championships could have been brought back to Log Mountain had this always been the set up.

I know of Highlands being in the way of atleast 2 State Championships for Bell Co. Dudley has a total of 3.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im just excited about getting to play a team that has ran from us for a few years now in Corbin. Also excited about playing Belfry if we get to meet each year in the playoffs.

I dont understand why they ever really quit, I mean obviously they cant compete with Bell right now or for the last 7 or 8 years either, but still that was such a great rivalry that brought in so much money, I know i would have much rather seen Corbin play Bell this year than play Boyle
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Im just excited about getting to play a team that has ran from us for a few years now in Corbin. Also excited about playing Belfry if we get to meet each year in the playoffs.

I dont understand why they ever really quit, I mean obviously they cant compete with Bell right now or for the last 7 or 8 years either, but still that was such a great rivalry that brought in so much money, I know i would have much rather seen Corbin play Bell this year than play Boyle.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:I know of Highlands being in the way of atleast 2 State Championships for Bell Co. Dudley has a total of 3.

Something that would be a great deal every year that they could start is take the City/County Bowl that they have and every single year let Corbin-Middlesboro play, and then a Whitley-Bell games as well and rotate all of the schools and the kids will be able to play at home once in there four years of high school. I believe this would be a great game and would always bring a good gate. Mboro wouldnt be in the same district as Corbin anymore so that could be there yearly game, Whitley and Bell would still have there yearly game, and then Corbin and Bell would play in district every year.
Does anyone have a link to where I can view the projected District setups for next year?
If that's the district they are going to be in then I'd bet their JV could play all of those games with the exception of the first half of the Corbin game and still go undefeated in the district.
How in the world is KCC and Corbin playing up?
Districts wont be out until October. The classes are set, except for the fact that some may move up and a couple down.
Real Badman Wrote:How in the world is KCC and Corbin playing up?

I really dont know how Corbin has stayed in 2A as long as they have, i thought for sure when it went to a 6 class system they would be in 3A.
They are growing every year, even expanding on to their school this year, I believe they have been consistently graduating about 120-140 kids over the last few years, I may be wrong but thats what I have been told, and I would inagine there senior class is probably the smallest of all the classes as it is at most schools.
Corbin will be okay, its still Corbin, theyll find a way to survive, right now they cant compete with Bell, will they in the future, yes. They will eventually get back to there old standards, but will have a lot of down years, football in this far southeastern region has just gotten so much better over the last few years.
thats a bunch of bull if you ask me, i respect bell co. an all, but i mean theres no sense in putting them in a district that everyone knows they'll win an always dominate an be on top. its kinda unfair in a way to the other teams cause their so weak. they need to be in a district with the some competition. they might as well just be handing them championships on a silver platter before they even stat. cause everyone knows that if they go to 3A they'll be on top for years and years to come. and no one will stop them.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:The District and Region for Bell Co in 3A is very very favorable for them to atleast get to the State Semi almost every single year.

Also Dudley said he isnt going anywhere anytime soon. He said the future looks bright for the Bobcats in 3A. :Thumbs:

Yeah, I don't know how much Corbin is going to like this situation since they're used to ruling the roost in this district.
Pages: 1 2 3 4