Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Shelby Valley
69.81%
East Ridge
30.19%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
East Ridge @ Shelby Valley 8/27
The kid hasent broken any rules that i know of he's just a kid and he's only 18 so it has nothing to do with age violations...if it's anything (which I don't know) it would probably be that he lives with the coach which really doesent matter because what ive heard coach norman is now his legal gardion which means he must have adopted him.
UKFootball Wrote:Haysi VA is a terrible team....It would be equal to a scrimmage against Jenkins.

Haysi is a terrible program? LOL Well, you just showed everyone that you know NOTHING about football.
School Admin. Wrote:Haysi is a terrible program? LOL Well, you just showed everyone that you know NOTHING about football.

I didnt say they were a terrible program....Haysi is single A....they would be equal to playing a middle of the pack single A team from Eastern Kentucky....such as Painstville or Besty Layne.
UK Football, I would STRONGLY advise you to look at their past records and the success they have had over there.
School Admin. Wrote:UK Football, I would STRONGLY advise you to look at their past records and the success they have had over there.

^This

UK Football, you have no idea. Haysi a few years ago could play with some of the big boys around here.
Looking stupid is self-inflicted. Don't try to blame anyone else, ok.
listen this is all gonna come dawn to who wonts it more its not gonna matter what i say or anyone else says its about the boys playing to win or lose
Is this the first or second game of the day
I'm pretty sure it's the first game at 6:30 Card.
east ridge does have a better team this year some of the players has been injury in pratice which will be out of the game friday night.that will put a hurt on ER but i do think they will pull it off..just watch your fumbles valley..The Ridge is coming.......................30-12
E.ridge Wrote:listen this is all gonna come dawn to who wonts it more its not gonna matter what i say or anyone else says its about the boys playing to win or lose

So you actually believe that if ER wants to beat Shelby Valley really really bad, that its going to happen.

Ill take Talent, Speed, Strengh, Coaching, Numbers, and home field advantage.....over ER just really wanting to win.:Thumbs:
UKFootball Wrote:So you actually believe that if ER wants to beat Shelby Valley really really bad, that its going to happen.

Ill take Talent, Speed, Strengh, Coaching, Numbers, and home field advantage.....over ER just really wanting to win.:Thumbs:

I don't think he is saying that those factors have nothing to do with the outcome. I simply think he (as well as I) feel like East Ridge and Shelby Valley have comparable talent, speed, strength, coaching, and numbers.

I am quick to bash on East Ridge at times, but I would not be shocked at all to see them win this one. East Ridge is ****ry and Valley lost a ton of experience from last year. I can see this one going either way, but I am pulling for the Warriors and think that they will get a big W in the Pike County Bowl tomorrow night. Good luck to both.
UKFootball Wrote:So you actually believe that if ER wants to beat Shelby Valley really really bad, that its going to happen.

Talent - Very similiar, neither school has alot.

Speed - SV has one of the fastest in jeffers...i mean Pike county....other than that I would say its pretty equal

Strength - All the kids around here are practically the same and im sure both teams have had a great off season in the weightroom

Coaching - Both have excellent coaches, Norman just has a bit more experience

Numbers - Im pretty sure they are very similar too

So I think it is going to come down to who makes less mistakes and who plays harder.

Oh and yes they do have home field advantage but then again they have had it for like the last 3 or 4 times ER and SV have played!

Im making the trip to watch this game so I hope it is a good one!

:football: :popcorn:
It should be a better matchup than in years past. ER may pull this one out, It may come down to which team wants it the most. Should be a fun game to watch. Good luck to both schools.
VoR_58 Wrote:Talent - Very similiar, neither school has alot.

Speed - SV has one of the fastest in jeffers...i mean Pike county....other than that I would say its pretty equal

Strength - All the kids around here are practically the same and im sure both teams have had a great off season in the weightroom

Coaching - Both have excellent coaches, Norman just has a bit more experience

Numbers - Im pretty sure they are very similar too

So I think it is going to come down to who makes less mistakes and who plays harder.

Oh and yes they do have home field advantage but then again they have had it for like the last 3 or 4 times ER and SV have played!

Im making the trip to watch this game so I hope it is a good one!

:football: :popcorn:

I agree with your speed comment. The new Valley kid is fast. Fast? Yes. Unstoppable? No. Other then that, the numbers will favor SV from what I hear. But I could be wrong. Home field advantage will again for the 4th year in a row, go to Valley. Will it play a roll in the game? Probably. I expect Valley to leave ER's locker room in the same condition as it was last season. (Can be very distracting before the game.) The only thing I disagree with is your statement on coaching. Norman has been coaching longer, yes. Brad Allen is by far the better coach. I have spoke to both coaches many times this off season. IMO Brad is way more prepared for this game then Jeff.
Real Badman Wrote:I agree with your speed comment. The new Valley kid is fast. Fast? Yes. Unstoppable? No. Other then that, the numbers will favor SV from what I hear. But I could be wrong. Home field advantage will again for the 4th year in a row, go to Valley. Will it play a roll in the game? Probably. I expect Valley to leave ER's locker room in the same condition as it was last season. (Can be very distracting before the game.) The only thing I disagree with is your statement on coaching. Norman has been coaching longer, yes. Brad Allen is by far the better coach. I have spoke to both coaches many times this off season. IMO Brad is way more prepared for this game then Jeff.

No disrespect to Coach Allan, what makes him a better coach?

-He runs a pee-wee offense
-Usually has 20-30 players, which are terrible numbers for 3A
-Has won 3 games in two years
-Not sure, but has he had one kid play college football?

What makes him a better coach?
Saying he runs a Pee Wee offense is being disrespectful. I'd love to see those ER kids win a few games this year. Would be good for the kids and school. Some of those kids have work hard for 3 or 4 years and they deserve for something good to happen for them.
UKFootball Wrote:No disrespect to Coach Allan, what makes him a better coach?

I've never seen ER field less than 30 players, not even close to it. Much less 20-30. They have more players than alot of the other county teams I've seen so far.

Belfry's primary offense is the wishbone. They have won state championships with that offense.

I agree Coach Allen's offense is a bit simple but you've got to understand that he has to start somewhere. Two of the three schools that make East Ridge have never had football before. Something has to be established and then built on. Just because he runs a "pee-wee" offense doesnt make him a bad coach. If it is executed right and no mistakes are made it can be a very good offense. But thats with any offense. Didnt Norman and the Wildcats run the wishbone last year? (Not sure what they are going to be running this year)

Yes, Allen hasnt won many games since being at ER, but Vince Lombardi couldnt have won with the groups that he has had. That's not the coaches fault coming in. The kids had hardly ever lifted weights! Norman walked into a great group of kids and had alotta success with them and probably will continue to do so.

Numbers havent been very good at ER but you have to actually start winning before more kids get interested in playing. But I would say Allen has hit the hallways of the school and the feeder schools trying to get kids to come out. Fact is, kids in eastern Kentucky are just plain out lazy these days IMO.
East Ridge will get a dose of Lucas Fields. Shelby Valley- 38 East Ridge- 14

A "pee-wee" offense that has won many national championships in the college level and even more at the high school level.

Last season was the only season EVER to be below 30 players for a season.

Has won 4 games in 2 years, continuing building every year.

ER has sent 5 players to play college ball.

Like I said, in my time of knowing both coaches, Brad is by far the best. He has played at a great program in Breathitt (Yes, I realize Jeff played at Belfry) Allen then played 5 years at Pikeville College then Coached 2 years. I know for a fact Jeff never played college ball or coached it. if Brad and Jeff switched spots my thoughts on this game would be completely different, as you could tell Norman couldnt do any better of a job then what Brad is doing now. But again, you need to do some more research.
Why are you making it out like East Ridge runs the Wishbone?? THey run a foot to foot double wing offense. It is nothing like the bone, not a single play is similar. You are defending a team, in which you dont even know what plays they run.
The Iceboxx Wrote:Why are you making it out like East Ridge runs the Wishbone?? THey run a foot to foot double wing offense. It is nothing like the bone, not a single play is similar. You are defending a team, in which you dont even know what plays they run.

Are you talking to me? I know they dont run the wishbone. I never said they ran the wishbone.
Well if he was talking to you then that's sad, because anyone in the right mind would know that ER has no where near the size, strenth or speed to run the wishbone offense.
There line is huge but there backs arent very impressive IMO. id rather have valleys 2 to 1.
And for "tcb" lucas fields is very impressive for his size and age, prolly one of the better young backs around the area.
Why would you bring the Wish Bone up in ER's name icebox? lol
Everyone that knows football around here knows that ER couldent run a bone to save there life there backs are to small, not strong enough and there line is huge but i just don't see that ever happening. And ice box you can run the same plays from a bone as you can in a double wing its just a different formation? And there little Wing t or double wing will notwork on valley anyways! Ever heard of bret reynolds it would be wise not to run to his side. And "tcb" i agree with you about fields he is one of the younger beter backs around the area...Valley takes this one!
ever heard of dalton lewis??? open your ears you will hear it plenty tomorrow
All i do is win Wrote:Why would you bring the Wish Bone up in ER's name icebox? lol
Everyone that knows football around here knows that ER couldent run a bone to save there life there backs are to small, not strong enough and there line is huge but i just don't see that ever happening. And ice box you can run the same plays from a bone as you can in a double wing its just a different formation? And there little Wing t or double wing will notwork on valley anyways! Ever heard of bret reynolds it would be wise not to run to his side. And "tcb" i agree with you about fields he is one of the younger beter backs around the area...Valley takes this one!

You better take some A1 with you tonight slick,they say crow taste better with it.
No im afraid i never have? If he is so good I'm sure i would've by now though.
Ever heard of rusty roberts or tim smith? You better open yours as well my friend.
And you better come with a very good corner back too. because rusty will make him look bad if he's not! And for "footballnut" I'll bring some for you as well and give it to you as your buying a burger from the consession stand on the way home from your loss lol.
With all the trash talking goning on here I hope East Ridge can back up what's being said
What a frenzy a lot of people are in.

It's just the excitment of a new season.

Everyone is expecting their team to do and be great. Best of luck to both teams; I hope no injuries occur!

We will still expect the sun to rise on Saturday Morning, win or lose! (the Lord's Will)