Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lewis County 2010
Anybody have any changed view points or opinions on this upcoming season?
From what everyone is saying LC should have a great year...there is talk that the players are confident enough to beat the likes of Russell and compete with Mason.
:BigLaugh:
Bub Lewis Wrote:From what everyone is saying LC should have a great year...there is talk that the players are confident enough to beat the likes of Russell and compete with Mason.
How many kids do they have playing? I heard Josh Boone was going back to Fleming County.
They've had close to 40 out for practice the last few days. Some have had to miss but will be there soon enough.
ttt
They still running the same offense? How are they looking?
Be interesting to see if Lewis can get over the hump this year.
From what I've been told, what the Lions are lacking in talent from their previous seniors, they make up for with heart and strength, which can be a powerful combination. I'm wishing the best of luck to Josh Hughes and the rest of his coaching staff on a good season for the Lions, they got the ball rolling last year, they just gotta keep momentum going.
Lion Wrote:From what I've been told, what the Lions are lacking in talent from their previous seniors, they make up for with heart and strength, which can be a powerful combination. I'm wishing the best of luck to Josh Hughes and the rest of his coaching staff on a good season for the Lions, they got the ball rolling last year, they just gotta keep momentum going.

Yes, much stronger than the previous season and will play with much more heart. As far as being as talented, Cole Cooper and Blake Kilgore will be deeply missed. As well as Beaver Lewis, Caleb Enix, Andrew Prater, and John Yates. Both the offensive and defensive lines will be better, with Mike Mustard and Nathaniel Lightner anchoring both. The heart and soul of the senior class will be center, Tylier McAdams, however. It looks like the coaching staff is going to go with sophomore Levi Clark at QB for the most part, but will most likely bring in juniors Caleb Bolander and Jarrett Parker in certain situations. The linebacking corps won't be as athletic as a year ago, but will be stronger and will read the offenses better, with inside linebackers Dylan Sapp and Kasey Riley, and outside backers Dalton Carver and Laithon Davis. Secondary will miss Kilgore and Cooper. But will be more physical. As an overall assessment after a couple weeks of practice, the Lions won't be as explosive on offense, but will be better at pounding the ball and keeping drives going with a stronger and more experienced offensive line and the defense will be improved from a year ago.
Bub Lewis Wrote:They still running the same offense? How are they looking?

Yes, still the same for the most part with a few new formations thrown in.
ttt