Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lewis County 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lewis County is coming off a historic season in quite a few years, but will have to figure out who is gonna fill the shoes of QB, Cole Cooper and will have some other key spots to fill as well.

How will they fair next year and who will fill those key roles for the Lions in 2010????
From 1-9 last season, to 4-7 this year. Josh got that team playing. From the KCC game, someone lite a fire under them. Hope Lewis Co. do better next season.
Cole Cooper will be a hard player to replace. He is a quality player and even better young man. I hope the best for him. As for next year for Lewis County...that will be a question answered this offseason. Good luck Lewis County.
The team needs to focus this winter and get stronger, winning is contagious and will bring more kid's out this spring, Russell will be down next year, LC may have a chanch to finish 2nd in that district, behind Mason County, just my opinion.:Thumbs:
old warrior Wrote:The team needs to focus this winter and get stronger, winning is contagious and will bring more kid's out this spring, Russell will be down next year, LC may have a chanch to finish 2nd in that district, behind Mason County, just my opinion.:Thumbs:
That is a very bold statement...I hope it is true...but a bold statement.
The Lions will have to tough through some losses at skill positions, but they will be solid on the line and defense. McAdams, Lightner, and Mustard are all returning, and adding Lambert helps a lot strength wise on the line. It's hard to tell as of now how good they will do, we will have to wait until August to see that, but if they hit the weights hard and keep at it, we should see them go about 4-6 maybe 5-5.
If we can find consistency at QB, not superstardom, but consistency, we could actually go 6-4(we should beat west carter, knott central, powell, bath, nicholas, and magoffin) but i agree with what was stated earlier, we could do even better than that. Starting Offense should be(as of right now):

C- Nathaniel Lightner Jr.
G- Mike Mustard Jr.
G- Garrett Lambert Sr.
T- Brandon Smith Jr.
T- Tylier McAdams Sr.
TE- Dalton Carver Jr./Caleb Bolander Jr./Jonny Everman Jr.
WR- Corey Davis Jr./Zach Zornes Sr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
FB- Kasey Riley Jr./Dylan Sapp Jr.
WB- Kristian Conway Jr.
HB- Laithon Davis Sr.
QB- Jack Bane Sr.(if he is consistent, if not then Parker, Bolander, or Levi Clark So. could take his place)

Defense:

NG- Dylan Sapp Jr.
DT- Mike Mustard Jr.
DT- Cody Lawhun Jr.
DE- Jonny Everman Jr.
DE- Derrick Miller So.
LB- Jack Bane Sr.
LB- Laithon Davis Sr.
LB- Dalton Carver Jr./Kasey Riley Jr.
CB- Kristian Conway Jr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
CB- Cody Stapleton Sr./Nick Ruark So.
S- Zach Zornes Sr./Cory Christy So./Nick Ruark So.
Yea, the line should most definatley be the strong point of the Lions. With the strength they should have (Lightner, McAdams, and Lambert), along with the quickness (Mustard). They will also be returning three starters on the line, with Lightner, McAdams, and Mustard. Since everything offensivley revolves around the o-line, the Lions have a shot at doing something decent this year. I'm predicting a 4-6 or 5-5 record.
2010 projected schedule:

vs Knott Co. Central
@ Bath County
@ Powell County
vs Fairview
vs Fleming County
@ Mason County
vs Russell
vs Nicholas County
@ West Carter
vs Magoffin County
LClion4life Wrote:2010 projected schedule:

vs Knott Co. Central
@ Bath County
@ Powell County
vs Fairview
vs Fleming County
@ Mason County
vs Russell
vs Nicholas County
@ West Carter
vs Magoffin County

6-4 is a possibility....
LClion4life Wrote:If we can find consistency at QB, not superstardom, but consistency, we could actually go 6-4(we should beat west carter, knott central, powell, bath, nicholas, and magoffin) but i agree with what was stated earlier, we could do even better than that. Starting Offense should be(as of right now):

C- Nathaniel Lightner Jr.
G- Mike Mustard Jr.
G- Garrett Lambert Sr.
T- Brandon Smith Jr.
T- Tylier McAdams Sr.
TE- Dalton Carver Jr./Caleb Bolander Jr./Jonny Everman Jr.
WR- Corey Davis Jr./Zach Zornes Sr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
FB- Kasey Riley Jr./Dylan Sapp Jr.
WB- Kristian Conway Jr.
HB- Laithon Davis Sr.
QB- Jack Bane Sr.(if he is consistent, if not then Parker, Bolander, or Levi Clark So. could take his place)

Defense:

NG- Dylan Sapp Jr.
DT- Mike Mustard Jr.
DT- Cody Lawhun Jr.
DE- Jonny Everman Jr.
DE- Derrick Miller So.
LB- Jack Bane Sr.
LB- Laithon Davis Sr.
LB- Dalton Carver Jr./Kasey Riley Jr.
CB- Kristian Conway Jr./Jarrett Parker Jr.
CB- Cody Stapleton Sr./Nick Ruark So.
S- Zach Zornes Sr./Cory Christy So./Nick Ruark So.

Some of these boys mentioned did not play last year and will not next season and a couple are not returning to play. Any upcoming freshman coming in?
The upcoming freshman class isn't very talented. Most of them won't get varsity time until they are Jr.'s. A lot have been showing up for LC at weightlifting after school, I'm talking about 50-60 kids. That's unheard of at LC and looks like the athletes that got a taste of success in the '09 campaign want more.
From hearing about the maxes that were being achieved in the weight room, the line should be pretty stout this year...as well as other positions.
yeah the line will be stronger and a lot bigger next year, i think that will be the strong point for the lions next year.
truth be told Wrote:Some of these boys mentioned did not play last year and will not next season and a couple are not returning to play. Any upcoming freshman coming in?

The guys that are in that lineup that didn't play last year have been in the weightroom and seem very committed. I will be extremely surprised if they don't stick it out.
LClion4life Wrote:yeah the line will be stronger and a lot bigger next year, i think that will be the strong point for the lions next year.

Who should the starting line's consist of?
Lion Wrote:Who should the starting line's consist of?

Offensive Line:
LT- Tylier McAdams 5'10" 280 lbs Bench: 240 Squat: 520 Sr.
LG- Garrett Lambert 6'2" 265 lbs Bench: 340 Squat: 490 Sr.
C- Nathaniel Lightner 6'1" 325 lbs Bench: 370 Jr. (Squat N/A)
RG- Mike Mustard 5'11" 175 lbs Bench: 205 Squat: 380 Jr.
RT- Brandon Smith 5'10" 270 lbs Bench 270 Squat: 350 Jr.

Defensive Line:
DE- Jonny Everman 5'9" 180 lbs Bench: 250 lbs Squat: 400 Jr.
DT- Mike Mustard 5'11" 175 lbs Bench: 205 Squat: 380 Jr.
NG- Dylan Sapp 5'11 235 lbs Bench: 255 lbs Squat: 425 Jr.
DT- Cody Lawhun 5'10" 185 lbs Bench: 240 Squat: 385 Jr.
DE- Derrick Miller 5'10" 180 lbs Bench: 280 So. (Squat N/A)
Those are some big numbers...shoot they should be contenders in the district with strength like that.
I dont think anyone can compete with Mason Co. next year with what they return. They're my pick to win state next year. But I don't think that 2nd or 3rd in the district is out of the question at all. Especially with Russell, IMO, being down again next year. Even though I do look for Russell to be great in 2011 because of the current sophomore class they have. As a matter of fact, each team in our district have great sophomore(meaning next years jr.'s) classes. It will be very interesting in 2010 and 2011 in Class 3A District 7.
Bub Lewis Wrote:Those are some big numbers...shoot they should be contenders in the district with strength like that.
I mentioned that earlier, and you said that was a bold statement.
LClion4life Wrote:I dont think anyone can compete with Mason Co. next year with what they return. They're my pick to win state next year. But I don't think that 2nd or 3rd in the district is out of the question at all. Especially with Russell, IMO, being down again next year. Even though I do look for Russell to be great in 2011 because of the current sophomore class they have. As a matter of fact, each team in our district have great sophomore(meaning next years jr.'s) classes. It will be very interesting in 2010 and 2011 in Class 3A District 7.
I hope you have a great season, do you think the addition of Coach Prater this season helped with the turn around at the end of the season, you all gave Belfry a scare.
old warrior Wrote:I mentioned that earlier, and you said that was a bold statement.
There you go...good work :Thumbs:
old warrior Wrote:I hope you have a great season, do you think the addition of Coach Prater this season helped with the turn around at the end of the season, you all gave Belfry a scare.

The addition of Coach Prater helped out in more ways imaginable. He may not have had the talent with him to win games when he was the HC, but he is one of the best football minds in the area.
:Thumbs:
LClion4life Wrote:The addition of Coach Prater helped out in more ways imaginable. He may not have had the talent with him to win games when he was the HC, but he is one of the best football minds in the area.
:Thumbs:
I think he motivates the players just as well as he knows Xs and Os.
Bub Lewis Wrote:I think he motivates the players just as well as he knows Xs and Os.

Mos def.
Will LC change their offense if they can't find a similar replacement then Cole Cooper?
No, Coach Hughes said he is going to stick with the Power-I. But run it less with the QB and more with the TB.
I think the Power-I is taking Lewis County in the right direction. They have a bunch of big boys down there, and what better offense for them to go to work in. Now, I'm just wondering, who are the returning senior leaders at LC?
LClion4life Wrote:No, Coach Hughes said he is going to stick with the Power-I. But run it less with the QB and more with the TB.
I would stick with what got you to the dance last year, the way the guy's are working out on the weights and alot of linemen returning, run it, down their throats, and then run it some more, I am pulling for you guy's, and maybe you can get it done against the Red Devils. :devilflam may you extinguish their flame, they will be down this year. RAM-A-DEVIL will get all over me for saying this, he kills GC threads, and he also gives you a hard time, but don't let him bother you, all he is a big windbag full of hot air, and knows nothing about football. :lmao:
Pages: 1 2 3