Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Harlan County 2010
Cant forget about the older players, Such as Jerimiah Eldridge, or Jordan Calton/Brian Ownes looking forward to there senior year.
Also Jesse Hensley, Alex Haywood, Travis Fields, and Dillon Smith. This upcoming season will be exciting. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!
Is Dylon going 2 be able to play?
Pride and Football Wrote:Is Dylon going 2 be able to play?

:Thumbs:
Dylon is looking great! He's going to be a pleasure to watch this year. He's a playmaker!
Being a cougar fan, in fact a parent i have to root against you all one time a year anyway. I do want to say that I wish you the best except for that one game. Your program is already classy and from watching both teams last year this could be a huge rivalry for years to come.......I think I may go bear hunting next year....:thatsfunn
58fan Wrote:Being a cougar fan, in fact a parent i have to root against you all one time a year anyway. I do want to say that I wish you the best except for that one game. Your program is already classy and from watching both teams last year this could be a huge rivalry for years to come.......I think I may go bear hunting next year....:thatsfunn

Thanks for the kind words. I think we'll get to witness a battle when our team's take the field. It's a good rivalry and a lot of fun for the fans. Now as far as bear hunting...you do realize that not one black bear was killed this first hunting season......those bear's are elusive. You'll turn around and one's liable to be there ready to attack.:wink::biggrin:
from what i'm hearing harlan will be loaded next year. should win district easily next year .i personally don't see anybody giving them any trouble.
belldad2011 Wrote:from what i'm hearing harlan will be loaded next year. should win district easily next year .i personally don't see anybody giving them any trouble.

Nothing will be easy since the other district teams will be reloading.
Perry Centrals Losing Amis, there Centerpiece of the football program, Clay, losing some key starters, and well LCC has Johnson, with Johnson, LCC will always be a threat, But I think HC will take district.
Dylon Smith will be the big play we missed at times last year! Excited to see him on the field.
Always nice to have a player that can return an INT or punt/kickoff for a TD, or turn a 5 yard catch into a 60 yard TD.
Mama Bear Wrote:Thanks for the kind words. I think we'll get to witness a battle when our team's take the field. It's a good rivalry and a lot of fun for the fans. Now as far as bear hunting...you do realize that not one black bear was killed this first hunting season......those bear's are elusive. You'll turn around and one's liable to be there ready to attack.:wink::biggrin:

No one got to hunt because of the weather. Hey, I'm talking with a switch.....:thatsfunn
58fan Wrote:No one got to hunt because of the weather. Hey, I'm talking with a switch.....:thatsfunn

:Clap:
Switch? Your thinking of maybe a koala bear. Definitely not a Black Bear.
belldad2011 Wrote:from what i'm hearing harlan will be loaded next year. should win district easily next year .i personally don't see anybody giving them any trouble.

Harlan County won three district games last year at home in the final seconds. Without T.J. Green, they probably lose all three. I think Harlan County has a good shot to win it, but no one should expect it to be easy.
No easy way in 5A, not with Letcher Central, Clay County, Perry Central, North Laurel, and Whitley County in the way. I hear Spring Practice is going good. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!
BB CLAW Wrote:No easy way in 5A, not with Letcher Central, Clay County, Perry Central, North Laurel, and Whitley County in the way. I hear Spring Practice is going good. GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!

8 wonderful days. Now it is wet and cold.
Defense is the key to winning and from what I'm hearing, the Black Bears Filthy Animals Defense is going to be down right nasty every Friday Night. It also appears that the Bears will have a little more speed on the offensive side of the ball. Who really wants to play? Who has the work ethic? Who wants out on that field? Upperclassman or underclassman? Who can take that position? Who will work for it? Who will do the job, every play? Who has it and who don't? Things are looking great and before August all of this will be sorted out. Once baseball is over and Coach Larkey and Staff have all of the Black Bears together, it will get even more exciting. Can't wait! GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!!:Thumbs:
Right now I am enjoying some Black Bear Baseball but looking forward to a great football season. I hear Spring Practice is going very good. Have had some good weather to work with. GO BEARS!!!:Cheerlead
BUBBA BEAR Wrote:Right now I am enjoying some Black Bear Baseball but looking forward to a great football season. I hear Spring Practice is going very good. Have had some good weather to work with. GO BEARS!!!:Cheerlead

Did the Black Bears get their 10 days of practice? Any good things come out of it? Heard the numbers were down.
They got in all 10. Football is about quality of numbers, not quantity of numbers. There could be 100 players. That does not make a good team. It helps if the depth is quality. If kids don't want to really be there and commit. Let them go. The practices went very well.
I think they had like 40 kids at spring practice.it look like they had 40 kids in the fieldhouse workin out when they was on the practice field. is that all fresh. in there workin out?
Were the numbers really low? I checked the roster on KHSAA and there were 44 underclassmen listed. So if you have 30 + kids out for Spring practice and 40+ incoming Freshmen that are hitting the weights....sounds like pretty good numbers to me. We had 13 Freshmen last year??

Reminds me of the Parable in the Bible about the Sower. Some of the seeds fell on hard ground, some in the briars, and some by the way side. Those seeds didn't produce. Then there was the seeds that landed on good fertile ground and really grew. I think what we have out there is really going to produce!!! They are deep rooted and comitted.

Hurry up August!:Cheerlead
What do you guys have planned for fund raising? We are doing a golf scramble. I am getting some other wal marts to come to it when Coach Whitaker gets the flier printed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:What do you guys have planned for fund raising? We are doing a golf scramble. I am getting some other wal marts to come to it when Coach Whitaker gets the flier printed.

We usually do a Pig Roast and sell tickets, and serve pulled pork with all the fixings. We've had the local ATV Club the Ridge Runner's who have done this for us the past couple of years and it has been great. These guys know how to fix a pig!!! They stay up all night and roast these pigs and they are just a great group of guys. We've had a local t-shirt printing shop who the booster's do alot of business with, VIP TEES donate the pigs. They've been good to the team as well. We have local bands come and perform. It's a lot of fun. We usually have a booth at the Poke Sallet Festival over here as well.

Do you make prettty good with the golf scramble?
It sounds like the Black Bears are going to be tough this year. Good luck to you all! Cant wait until the season starts.
Anybody heard how it's going in the weight room lately?

I don't want to wish away the summer, but I can't wait for the Bears' first kickoff this fall!
Mama Bear Wrote:We usually do a Pig Roast and sell tickets, and serve pulled pork with all the fixings. We've had the local ATV Club the Ridge Runner's who have done this for us the past couple of years and it has been great. These guys know how to fix a pig!!! They stay up all night and roast these pigs and they are just a great group of guys. We've had a local t-shirt printing shop who the booster's do alot of business with, VIP TEES donate the pigs. They've been good to the team as well. We have local bands come and perform. It's a lot of fun. We usually have a booth at the Poke Sallet Festival over here as well.

Do you make prettty good with the golf scramble?

Yes we do. Once I fax the flier to my district office in Pikeville, I usually get about 5 to 6 store with a bunch of guys who would go to it. Since we help out with there fund raisers they are obligated to help us. Is Harlan's Wal Mart helping you guys any?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Yes we do. Once I fax the flier to my district office in Pikeville, I usually get about 5 to 6 store with a bunch of guys who would go to it. Since we help out with there fund raisers they are obligated to help us. Is Harlan's Wal Mart helping you guys any?

Wal Mart helping? Are you kidding?
I hear that the weight program is doing great and that the Black Bears have a competition coming up soon. I guess we will see. I also hear that the speed and agility work is paying off as well. As I have said before, Coach Tom Larkey and Staff are class acts and aim on winning. These young men are on board and the future is bright. The Harlan County Black Bears will be respected. Bank on it! :Thumbs: GO BLACK BEARS!!!!!